[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 310663.jpg (15 KB, 405x224)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
do close grip or normal grip matter in this curl variation? What has been your experience with these 2 grips?
>inb4 muh sticky
No one cares about the foam rolling routines, it has helped no one
>>
>>74121104
close grip = limited movement
wider grip = full range
>>
>>74121104
I find the narrow one useless for curls.
>>
>>74121104
The muscles worked will be slightly different. Inside vs outside of arm.
It won’t make a huge difference but feel free to mix it up.
>>
>>74121104
Too narrow (right) and your arms are forced in front of your body, i.e. limited rom.
Shoulder width is fine.
>>
>>74121104
ezbar is garbage. it limits the grip width to a narrow set of shoulder widths. use a straight barbell so that you can use the optimal grip width.
>>74121149
not everyone has a shoulder width that fits nicely onto the ezbars predetermined grip positions
>>
>>74121156
So don't use the ez bar and maximize those forearm gains at the same time.
>>
>>74121114
>>74121131
>>74121149
Thank you
>>74121156
Been using straight bar curls for 4 months, finally got a ez curl bar because I thought it's about time I got one. Feel it a lot more in the brachialis a lot more and thus gives me a complete arm stimulus
>>
>>74121156
Ez bar puts so much pressure into my wrists, I started with wide grip and slowly went to narrow grip, they are by far the exercise that pump my biceps the most.
I'd guess straight bar would be even worse for my wrists, should I just ditch bar for biceps and just do dumbbells or cables instead? I can only curl 14kg with dumbbells while doing 30kg with ez bar.
>>
Bump
>>
>>74121104

Narrow grip works the outside head harder. Wide grip works the inside head harder. They both get worked either way.

There's better outside head exercises than narrow grip curl so I would stick with wide and regular grip on the barbell.
>>
how do i target the Brachialis with a band?
my biceps is ok but it's not wide and jeff says you need to train the Brachials to add width when not flexed.
my Brachialis is extremely weak so doing neutral curls with a 5lbs dumbbell feels like i'm hitting the forearms.
i don't have lighter dumbbells.
>>
>>74122324
bump
>>
>>74121156
>ezbar is garbage
This.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.