[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1680903608230497.png (89 KB, 207x243)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
Can this nigga please stop palpitating when I'm trying to chill? Thanks
>>
Happens to me too. Part of it is from all the weed I smoked but I also used to speedball which is very bad for the heart.
>>
>>74121147
>>74121159
Stop eating so much fat holy shit it'll go away about immediately
>>
>>74121222
Sometimes I eat like zero fat thoughever
>>
File: 1710954516221504.gif (2.46 MB, 498x498)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB GIF
>>74121147
few years ago i got very bad palpitations when laying ceramic tiles. my chest started hurting very badly, in a weird way and it felt like my heart rate was 20, with very strong palpitations. i was kneeling for 20 minutes until it passed, literally felt like i was dying. funny thing is, recently i did EKG, ultrasound, holter, etc., and there's nothing wrong with my heart, actually doc said it's very strong. what the fuck was that?
>>
>>74121280
Anxiety,? Too much caffeine? One time I slammed an entire rockstar and almost immediately thought I was having a heart attack
>>
>>74121147
try not to be 300+ pounds
>>
>>74121280
Are you the guy who jerks off to tiles
>>
>>74121263
What about added fat in slop and natural fat in meat?
>>
>>74121147
Lay off the sugar and salt
>>
>>74121295
>Anxiety,? Too much caffeine?
maybe both, i broke up with my ex then and drank a lot of coffee, also smoked cigarettes
>>74121300
i prefer term making love
>>
>>74121330
Pretty much just eat chicken and fruit. Like I said I used to abuse coke and heroin together which is very bad for the heart. They mostly stopped when I quit smoking weed and got worse again when I started up again. Mj is bad for the heart.
>>
>>74121222
It gets better when I eat
It's worst when I skip breakfast and then lie down
>>
>>74121147
Uh oh vaxxie
>>
>>74121280
Had that too after taking melatonin once (never did before). Felt like I was fighting death, and afterwards I was sweating like crazy
>>
I stopped drinking caffeine and became much more careful about avoiding added salt in food, and my palpitations stopped.
>>
>>74121406
It gets worse when I don't eat enough salt
>>74121662
Wrong nigger
>>
>>74121280
>>74121667
sounds like a textbook anxiety attack my brothers
>>
>>74121703
But why did my heartrate drop to 20 then? Shouldn't it have gone up?
>>
>>74121745
guess I shouldn't have said textbook but feeling your heart rate is abnormally slow because time is stretching or just having an abnormally low heart rate do not preclude anxiety attacks
>>
>>74121656
You sure you dont just have acid reflux/GERD
>>
>>74121147
you're probably not "chilling" you're probably looking at a screen and forgetting to breath
take 20 seconds and do breath work and it'll go away
>>74121745
>But why did my heartrate drop to 20 then?
was your heart rate actually 20 or did it just feel like it was 20?
20bpm is "die in your sleep" territory
>>
>>74121280
just a bit of tomfoolery
>>
>>74121856
Shouldn't that be especially bad after eating?
>>74121913
No man, it gets (feels?) worse when I don't distract myself because I'll really focus on my heartbeat then
Unless I lost the sense of time, my heartbeat was extremely slow for a few minutes back then. I was also extremely dizzy and nauseous
>>
>>74122033
sounds like anxiety to me. as a person who suffers this fucking bull shit, it can feel like that. i can tell you right now that reflux or GERD can cause sensations or weird feelings in your chest. stress makes this worse. unironically cognitive behavioral therapy can improve your situation,

note that sleeping on your RIGHT side can make reflux WORSE. you will need to sleep on your LEFT side more often
>>
>>74122033
could've been vasospasm
if it happens in the RCA it can affect supply to the AVN and cause heart block
this is all predicated genuinely on your heart rate being <30, unless you were accurately measuring I wouldn't trust it
a ton of it is dependent on any drugs you're taking, lifestyle, etc.

anything related to the heart is dubious when self-reported because people think they're fucking dying and freak out, making it worse, when it could just be a rhomboid cramp or ulcer or panic attack

if you were working a full day, it could have been low blood sugar as well
>>
>>74121280
I once failed an EKG after drinking a reign energy drink. Keep in mind I do a lot of cardio and should have pretty good heart health. I've never had another reign and the problem hasn't happened again.
>>
>>74122067
Anxiety definitely makes it (feel) worse, but it doesn't cause it. Sometimes I'm super anxious when lying down, and yet the heart stays in a perfect rhythm the entire time. Sometimes I'm super calm and it appears out of nowhere. Dumb ass heart nigga needs to chill.
I'm always sleeping on my right. Might change this up a bit and see if it gets better.
>>
>>74122103
My resting HR is 40 btw (do lots of cardio + genetics)
Heart has been throughly tested just a few months ago, everything good
And yeah I was DEFINITELY panicking when it happened
>>
>>74121147
Stupidly did IF two eyars ago and lost alot of both fat and muscle, developed an ED for awhile.
Still trying to recover at the gym because my stength really isnt what it once was, although my physique looks aesthetic. Although ive noticed this thing where everytime i try to fall asleep its like i feel my heart trying to stop and everything shutdowns, i immediately gasp for air when this happens.
Did IF fuck up my heart bros? I can still do cardio but the moments when im almost falling asleep scare me sometimes.
>>
>>74121280
There are some hereditary heart conditions that are really hard to detect. Did you do Holter monitoring? Usually ECG is done for < 1 min. which sometimes is too short to pick up anything unusual. Some symptoms can come and go, therefore ECG with Holter monitor is performed for 24 hours or more.

>>74121147
This can be a serious condition. I have been having heart palpitations / flutters regularly for the last 2 years and was diagnosed with 3rd degree heart block.
>>
>>74121147
Vax status?
>>
In all seriousness drink more water. I had the same problem for months, went to doc who looked at blood test and immediately noticed elevated kidney function.

Started drinking a gallon of water a day and it went away immediately.

Lifting, sweating, and high protein diets are very hard on the kidneys and you need a constant flow of fluids flushing those fuckers out
>>
>>74122625
I have had long term ecg done, everything was fine
How was your arrhythmia? Did it also only randomly appear during rest, with no physical symptoms like dizziness whatsoever, and did it go away the second you stood up and started being active?
>>
>>74121147
>at pharmacy
>test blood pressure with machine
>140/80
>go home use personal device
>117/80
>gf says its cause i was nervous at the store but i wasnt...but i did have to pee
>>
>>74123910
Mine lasts for a few moments, sometimes more, but can occur often, and feels like getting an electric shock to the chest, just painless. Also, there are other sensations, but they are minor in comparison. It's more frequent on high heart rate (e.g. exercising), after exercise, bending down, etc. Anyway, there is little that I can do on my own. Decent amount of sleep helps somewhat, and magnesium supplements.

I was supposed to get a pacemaker, but turned it down. Anyway, I am sure I will die from heart arrest or a blood clot soon.
>>
>>74122033
>Shouldn't that be especially bad after eating?
I was having seizing chest pains, no palpitations really. But it would feel like a fist would squeeze my heart area. Went through a shit ton of heart tests including wearing a heart monitor for two weeks. My heart was completely fine.

But I noticed all these seizing heart pains came early in the day. I was doing intermittent fasting, so I would have a bunch of black coffee for breakfast with no food. Then I would exercise. That would cause a bunch of stomach acid to shoot up out of my stomach into my esophagus causing these quick surges of pain that I thought was my heart.

I think the skipping breakfast, your stomach has a bunch of acid in it, then you lie down so if you have issues with the connection between your stomach and esophagus, acid could be leaking out.

Dunno though. See a doctor
>>
>>74121147
No refunds
>>
>>74124235
Damn bro, sorry to hear that. Can't you just get an ablation?
From what I gathered so far though, palpitations that only occur during rest tend to be harmless, whereas palpitations during exercise are what should get you worried
>>74124272
My heart was thoroughly checked a few months ago, everything was fine

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.