[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>too tall for calisthenics
>too short to not need to lift
>lanky femurs make squatting form difficult
>bench the same amount as I squat
>previously injured back twice squatting so I'm afraid to progress

Being 6'2 has it's ups and downs bros. I've always had incredibly tight hamstrings, it's impossible to touch my toes. I've been doing basic shit for probably 10 years and have made zero progress. I know my inflexibility is limiting gains, what the fuck do I do to fix it?
>>
h-help bros...
>>
>>74122577
>too tall for calisthenics
WTF?
I am 6.1 feet and i went from 0 to 10 pullups/chinups in 1 year.
Stop complaining and move yo ass.
>>
>>74122782
pullups and chinups are not the problem, it's mostly everything else. I get pain in my hips when I try to do hanging leg raises. Doesn't even hurt my abs
>>
>>74122577
It's not your hamstrings. Every retard who can't touch their toes immediately thinks it's their hamstrings. It's not.

Either your core is shit or you're just too dumb to engage it properly and find the position. Or you have little manlet arms with a negative index, which is sad but there are few such cases.
>>
>>74122915
how do I engage the core then?
>>
>>74122577
If you're tall you don't really need to exercise to look good, as long as you're not a fatso or ugly.

I suggest swimming. Burns absurd amounts of fat and gives you a lean look. It can also fix forward posture and lack of flexibility.
Only downsides are the difficulty of finding a pool that isn't full, and the fact that your nutritional requirements will greatly increase.
>>
>>74122782
>>74122823
>exercise hard!
man at least you are not a manlet
calisthenics curse is real
>>
File: coin toss.jpg (181 KB, 1919x825)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>74122577
Everything you just listed is just cope to convince yourself not to do it

You're not going to find the approval you're looking for here, just shut up and work out or don't. If you wanted to, you'd find a way.
>>
>>74122915
>>74122954

please respond
>>
File: OIG.sC5YNIX8_h2MSmW.jpg (197 KB, 1024x1024)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>74122577
>be 6'3
>can touch forehead to knees whilst legs perfectly straight
>hips always relaxed and flexible
>perfect ankle mobility
>pushups easy, pullups easy
life's good
>>
>>74123699
how did you get to that point? Post body
>>
just take the runpill
>>
>>74123731
>hamstrings
standing forward fold. lock knees, feet together, 3-5 mins daily
>hips
take a really hot bath for 20+ minutes, get out, dry yourself off, have towels on floor or bed, lay on it with heels close to your perineum, open hips and stretch bringing knees to your sides
>ankles/squats
slavsquat a lot in different positions
>>
>>74123736
walking is much better for my joints long term, so i'll stick to that
>>
>>74123772
do you get tingling in the back of your legs when you do this? mine start to tingle after about a minute of pain

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.