[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 30215 - SoyBooru.png (19 KB, 678x903)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
"lifting for yourself" is such a lie that goes around here, self-improvement in itself is not a goal, you are improving yourself in specific ways for specific goals.
"lifting for yourself" is the male equivalent of thots wearing skimpy clothes "because its comfortable".
why can't you just be honest? is it because you'd have to admit you are not currently attractive? to justify your lack of progress?
>>
>>74123055
you sound like a woman.
mad because nobody will ever love you?
>>
>>74123069
looks like a nerve was hit
>>
>>74123069
this faggot is calling everybody a women just kill yourself
>>
File: fitness.png (4 KB, 156x67)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>74123055
>"lifting for yourself" is such a lie that goes around here, self-improvement in itself is not a goal, you are improving yourself in specific ways for specific goals.
projection
>"lifting for yourself" is the male equivalent of thots wearing skimpy clothes "because its comfortable".
projection
>why can't you just be honest? is it because you'd have to admit you are not currently attractive? to justify your lack of progress?
why do you find it so difficult to believe different people do not share 100% of your motives? Do you get confused when people prefer different flavours of food than you? Are you an NPC? Is OP a bot?
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>74123055
>why can't you just be honest?
I can
>is it because you'd have to admit you are not currently attractive?
woke up ugly today
>to justify your lack of progress?
I aint doing shit
>>
I lift so I can cheat on my mid wife with a hot latina teen sometime
>>
File: IMG_7467.gif (527 KB, 220x166)
527 KB
527 KB GIF
>>74123055
I think in a roundabout way it can still be true. Ie you lift to improve your mental strength/confidence which will then benefit you in your daily life in a way that obviously involves other people. But also nearly EVERYONE has fucked up posture and biomechanics from sitting all the time these days. Doing some lifting or at least body weight stuff and core work is basically essential maintenance if you want to not have joint pain
>>
>>74123055
>lifting for yourself
why not
it makes you feel good
it makes you want more the next workout
and as a result of your hard work you are gifted with gains, I see only benefits here
>>
>>74123055
>lifting for yourself
I mean this literally. I have a GF, and I am a narcissistic. I am only lifting for myself, because I deserve it.

I wish I was lifting for the Lord, but I can't rep that when I don't follow through. One day, I'll get over myself and be better though.
>>
>>74123187
i understand exercise releases endorphins but are you really trying to act like exercise in itself is fulfilling? lmao
>>
>>74123055
I do lift for myself.
I was a self-hating fat fuck and got in shape. My self confidence is higher than ever and I'm starting to get a little bit narcissistic because how good I look compared to your average male my age when I've usually felt completely the opposite for the majority of my life. I still hate myself but for internal reasons rather than external
>>
>>74123055
It's literally just the way I've lived my whole life since elementary school my family cared about fitness self improvement and being comfortable in your body sorry you had to discover fitness but it's just a normal necessary part of life for me and mine
>>
I do lift for myself. I basically started running and lifting because I was a skinnyfat faggot in his 30s with high cholesterol. I thought this was really pathetic and I deserve better so I started running. At first it was more like half run half walk, but soon I could run decently. Then one day at the park I tried to do pull ups and realized I could only do one. At that point I realized that running alone is not enough. I have to become stronger. So I started with calisthenics but soon I realized I need to also lift some fucking weights. So yeah. It's all about me.
>>
I lift and pin because i want to look imposing and demand respect from normalfags for simply being in the vicinity. It works well as i'm 190cm tall, i am pretty open about this, all my friends know i do it.
>>
notice how OP doesn't reply to their own thread?
fuck bots
>>
File: IMG_1384.jpg (384 KB, 1600x980)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
>>74123055
>>
>>74123055
>"lifting for yourself" is such a lie that goes around here, self-improvement in itself is not a goal, you are improving yourself in specific ways for specific goals.
my goal is to get bigger numbers

>>74123055
>why can't you just be honest? is it because you'd have to admit you are not currently attractive? to justify your lack of progress?
i literally don't lift for women. i'm a severe burn victim from childhood. i'm not attractive enough for that. i lift so I can feel strong enough to protect the few people in my life
>>
imagine wanting to stay exactly where you are when you know a better quality of health, quality of appearance, and quality of life is a very attainable goal, and only asks for a little bit of discomfort in the short term for long term benefits.
>>
Lifting for yourself is something that happens along the way. I started for a reason, kept at it for another, and as my motivations shifted it became a habit. Now I enjoy it and constantly strive to improve for the sake of it. All my initial fitness related goals (mental health, women, mogging others, reading marcus aurelius and thinking this is literally me, etc) have been met and are no longer meaningful to me, yet I still lift with as much consistency as before.
>>
>>74123055
> increasing self esteem (narcissism) and sexual satisfaction
Lifting for me.
> getting validation from women
Lifting for others.

Similar from the outside perspective, but wildly different mindsets. And even these are secondary to the main reasons I lift: the only peace I can find in this life is after physically exhausting myself and my only escape from shame is putting maximum effort into a task (lifting to failure being the simplest, most convenient, and productive task).
>>
>>74123069
Not OP but yes, it enrages me to no end
>>
File: 1592458438610.jpg (34 KB, 525x584)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>74123417
this image would be on point if we still lived in the 1700s when societal stability was dependant on periodical rainfalls and not the price of a barrel of oil. we don't live in 'the normal times' anymore when normalcy 'as nature intended' just develops. we haven't been in those times for over a couple centuries by now.
>>
>>74123417
all the football chads I knew from high school ended up as divorced, fat bald losers
>>
>>74123906
How old? You eventually accept it.
>>
>74123055
YWNBAW
>>
>>74124367
25M
>>
>>74123055
I lift for woman. I run for God.
>>
File: I_lift_for_this.png (1.11 MB, 1545x627)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
This is why I lift.
>>
File: manletslift.jpg (43 KB, 563x603)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>74123055
Because it's simply not true
If we were to lift for women, most of us would stop at 5 or 6 years, and none of us would get on roids because women don't find overly muscular physiques attractive and quite the opposite, they find shit like pic related to be ugly

I am ruining my appearance by getting bigger and I know it
If I lifted for women I wouldn't touch my lats and I'd stop at fight club brad pitt physique
>>
>thread exclusively of replies to OP
OP is a bot confirmed, report and move on
>>
>>74123055
I lift so I can kill faggots who make these gay manipulative posts. You're next, OP.
>>
File: olive1.png (1.85 MB, 2337x1224)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>74124929
May Christ bring the love of my life and I together.
>>
>almost every single person I run into that I haven't seen in over 6 months says some variation of "oh my God you look great" or "holy shit you got bigger"

>after being a pale skeleton my entire life

Feeling human is wonderful

Fuck women
>>
>>74123417
I was captain of my high school team and went on to play D1.
I am still a virgin at 26.
Athleticism doesn't negate autism.
>>
>>74123055
I lift to protect my children and help my mother in her garden
>>
>>74123055
>man lift big rock
>man happy
Simple as
>>
>>74123055
>"lifting for yourself" is such a lie that goes around here,
I just like seeing the number go up. It's the same reason I play old grindy RPGs.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.