[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1187.jpg (30 KB, 601x510)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
A few months ago I started to feel this excruciating pain around my ankle that tends to radiate all the way up my Achilles tendon (highlighted area). Can’t move my foot to the left or right and I feel like the pain has completely limited my ROM in that area, haven’t been able to squat or do any sort of leg exercises due to it. Google says it might be Achilles tendinitis secondary to posterior ankle impingement, but I’m not entirely sure. Has anyone else experienced this before? If so, will stretching & rest for a couple more months help or is surgery the way to go in my case?
>>
>>74124682
>A few months ago I started to feel this excruciating pain

hahahaha
>>
>>74124682
What might have caused it in your opinion? I've used MSM for years (my wrist/elbow tendons are fucked up) and it works wonders. If you're willing to be a lab rat I know some peptides might help but I don't know which ones.
>>
>>74124735
MSM?
>>
>>74124735
A sprain perhaps?
I’ve been taking MSM for a while and it did fuck all unfortunately.
>>
>>74124687
Hehe
>>
>>74124687
>>74124796
What is it?
>>
>>74124808
Huh?
>>
>>74124772
Shit sorry to hear that man, hope you don't have to go down the surgery route but in that case it'd be for the best

>>74124764
Methylsulfonylmethane
>>
>>74124682
Well first off, try to drink a lot of electrolytes because calves tend to cramp up due the lack of hydration, this is not the root cause and won't fix anything but it will help in the long run.

Try grabbing your foot with your hand and gently mobilize it while trying to resist your hand with your foot, just enough resistance, this shouldn't be painful at all and is not meant to force your foot in complete extension, do this for a couple of weeks until you can move your feet without your hand.
Then using a towel or your bed sheets, do calf raises using the towel as resistance and pull from it, start by doing an isometric hold for however long as tolerable and increase the time and resistance over time by pulling on the towel harder.
Then do slow isolating reps focusing on partial range of motion, then increase the speed of those reps, then do a full rom.
You can also do side to side flexion but in this only do slow controlled reps and try to increase the rom over time as you do the main progression, once you can do full flexion your can do resisted circles.
After this repeat from the beginning the same progression and steps but with your feet on the floor, an isometric hold, then an isolating rep, then a full rep but here then lean on your knees to put extre resistance and complete the same progression, then lean on a single leg at the time and repeat the same progression.
Then after this repeat the same progression but standing and once you can do full reps add weight repeating the progression, just 5lbs is enough and here you can continue adding weight forever but i would recommend also doing the same progression wich are a single leg version of the same variation and once you can do 20lbs on a single leg start doing pogo hops and shock pause jumps.
On the pogo hops add weight, then a single leg version, then add weight to a single leg.
>>
>>74124918
For the shock jumps, you jump off a box and land on a half squat and hold it for a second, start with a 6 inch box and add 6 inches all the way to 36 inches.
Isometrics and plyometrics are the best way to strengthen your tendons and working up all the way here will ensure your tendons don't get hurt again unless you are in a freaky accident and are completely retarded that you fuck your shit up doing something stupid.

You will probably find that the pain disappears halfway through the progression in which case you can just maintain that level but if you complete all the levels im describing you will be a lot less likely to hurt your ankles again, atleast not in the same way and if you ever need to jump or sprint and you don't do plyos you will probably find that the pain you throught gone will flare up again without the plyos.

Now to progress, you ideally want to have no pain BUT if the pain is a maximum of a 4/10 then you can work through that pain as long as the next day the pain isn't higher, ideally it should be lower over a few days or atleast stay the same but if it goes up from a tolerable 4/10 to an uncomfortable 5/10 or higher then you need to lower the volume and intensity of what you are doing.
On other case, if the pain never really goes down but you can still work through the progressions and recover function then that is also fine because now it takes more work to cause the same amount of pain.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.