[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GIGASACKBOY.png (234 KB, 640x755)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
I've been doing squats and deadlifts in my routine for about a year now, and recently I've been having knee joint pain in and outside the gym, especially when using the stairs. I decided to temporarily cut out squats and deadlifts and replaced with hip thrusts and leg press for now until I figure this out, out of fear that I might cause permanent joint pain/damage (I was ignoring it for a month or so thinking it would pass)

Has anyone gone through this? What should I do? Is there a way to fix this? Or is it possible that I'm just not built to do these kinds of movements? Everything was okay up until recently, so it seems I've hit some kind of roadblock once I got to high enough weight.

If this helps, I'm 6'2", 210lbs, and was squatting about 160lbs and DL was around 230lbs.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.