[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

thoughts? Been doing them in the 9 rep range and doing rest pause till failure
>>
>>74126007
Very based but can be hard on the elbow joint
>>
>>74126007
I like them but they hurt my wrists if I don't use the ezbar and wear wrist wraps lol.
>>
>>74126007
one of the key lifts if you don't do them you are retarded simply put
>>
>>74126007
Dope. I like to work up to a 5rm and then do that weight for like 20 sets of 1. Really feel the biceps waking the fuck up.
>>
>>74126007
>>74126245
>>74126284
>>74126297
>>74126393
heavy, light - doesn't matter, barbell is useless
for getting biceps u need to externally rotate shoulder, if not long head tendon coming of scapula is looped/twisted too much and it precludes this head from proper contraction and thus precludes u from achieving any time under tension on biceps
>but it invariably hurts in elbow
yes because short head of bicep working from strong contraction is pulling on forearm tendon alone trying to rip it off and if u don't stop pulling due to pain u will pull it off bone :D

one light db, dig elbow into ur side, externally rotate shoulder - there u pump up and down slowly while making sure bicep is contracting via visual check or by touch with other hand
it also fixes bicep tendinitis which u might have for barbell rows (barbell is useless)

>what weight?
i can curl perty strict 50 kilo barbell, i use 6 kgs for my db curl - similar "reps" - 15-20
>>
>>74126687
Wtf are you yapping about autistic faggot
>>
>>74126687
You have to be retarded to care about TUT. Retarded enough to not realize that if you widen your grip on the barbell it causes your shoulders to externally rotate.
>>
>>74126707
>if you widen your grip on the barbell it causes your shoulders to externally rotate
between inability to grip properly because wrist angle and impossibility to retract shoulder back (and with it whole scapula) to fully externally rotate shoulder - no bot, barbell is worse than useless, it's harmful!

when i do curls like i described delt is completely relaxed, because i am doing biceps bot, not shoulder, not testing tendons, i am trying to tire out muscle BELLY of whole bicep bot

> have to be retarded to care about TUT
u have to be retarded not to care about time under muscular tension, it's ALL that matters it is the ultimate goal :D all the sets and reps schemes are (very) poor attempts at getting your MUSCLE to work, preferably continuously for extended period of time,
>but i lifted an barbell
no, u didn't, u got it up and u have no clue how, u're doing mostly anterior delt with barbell - that is what is holding humerus vertical, for proper curl anterior delt must be literally soft, biceps should be flexing during curl
>>
>>74126949
We all know who you are now but nobody is paying attention to your bullshit because you don't post body.
>>
>>74126284
you should be using the ez curl bar for these. idiots never get taught the right way to do things and wonder why they are injured.
>>
>>74126687
you are a fucking moron holy shit
>>
>>74126977
I'm OP. My forearms feel fucked with ez bar curl and straight feels normal, BUT I assume it's a muscular imbalance. Could this be true?
>>
>>74127013
well it will feel unusual at first because you haven’t trained with it. depends on what you mean by fucked, either way do what’s comfortable for your wrists.
>>
Dumbell curls is better
>>
>>74127051
Don't get me wrong, I love dumbbell curls, but they take so mfing long
>>
>>74126007
They're great if your forearms/wrists can handle it.
Wish I could do them without pain in my forearms.
>>
Not a big fan. I think every time you train biceps, you should do a lift where your upper arm is a bit in front of you, like a preacher curl or machine preacher curl or a concentration curl with a tilt in your upper arm, in order to make it a little harder in the bottom rather than zero tension that a standing curl offers. That, OR you should have your upper arm behind you, like an incline curl, to get a good stretch in your bicep. Arm straight down offers neither of these things, it's no man's land.

>>74126949

You write like that streamer from Quebec XQC talks. What is this babble?
>>
>>74126007
>heavy
Fuck do you even mean? You should be doing 3x8-12 for hypertrophy. If you're doing less than 3x8, it's too heavy, you're traning for strength more than hypertrophy at that point. If you're doing more than 3x12, it's too light, you're traning endurance. 3x9 isn't "heavy", it's fucking normal. You faggots like that this shit hasn't been solved for ages now.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.