[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm looking for a decent electrolyte supplement with a reasonable balance of magnesium and potassium, while being low on sodium. I eat enough salt in my diet so I'm not interested in supplementing it all that much.

I started looking into a few of the most widely recommended/popular brands and realized they are all just absurd amounts of salt with barely any potassium and maybe sometimes a bit of magnesium.

What the fuck is this shit, is this just the latest fitness grift? Selling retards saltwater with a tiny hint of potassium and magnesium and calling it an electrolyte blend? I'm guessing magnesium and potassium are more expensive than sodium hence why most of these products are so salt heavy while skimping on the magnesium and potassium. At this point I'm just considering buying the ingredients and formulating it myself.

Anyone know good sources for pure/safe potassium and magnesium?
>>
>>74126817
Except for prolonged fasts, only sodium matters in terms of electrolytes.
When you sweat, you lose pretty much only sodium, that's what you need to replenish.

Put a pinch of salt in your water bottle. That's it.
Supplements are a scam. Do a blood test to see if you're deficient in anything.

Ps: ingesting "too much" sodium is not a problem if you're not fat. Your body will expel it through pee.
>>
>>74126872
I'm not looking to drink this after a hard workout, i just want something to pound in the mornings to get hydrated as quickly as possible
>>
File: 1000001456.png (205 KB, 1080x2400)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>74126817
I drink about 4 cups of skim milk post workout. It has more electrolytes and less sugar than Gatorade, plus the added benefit of protein, all while being cheaper. if you can afford the calories I would recommend it.

picrel is for 4 cups, 333 cals and 33g of protein btw.
>>
>ask about supplement
>supplements are fake
>drink milk
>>
File: gatorade.jpg (106 KB, 630x630)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>74126817
>>
>>74127208
no magnesium or potassium, this is just a shitty protein shake
>>
>>74127208
Gatorade is sugary poison anon.
>>
>>74126947
Yeah, water.
Except if you lost your electrolytes, you don't need to ingest new ones.

Salt is lost by sweating. The rest is slowly lost by peeing, but you replenish them by eating.
It's like we're made to function that way.
>>
>>74126817
eat salt nigga
>>
File: 1712263960900083.png (626 KB, 999x1098)
626 KB
626 KB PNG
>>74126817
>table salt is literally sodium chloride
>"""chlorine""" source is a fucking tomato
captcha: RNHATS

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.