[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0468.jpg (331 KB, 1075x550)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>lives off of rice and cabbage soup
>outlives you
How do meme dieters explain this?
>>
File: 7346436267274.jpg (288 KB, 1280x1920)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>74127834
>smokes cigarettes until he turns 90
>dies because he got hit by a truck
explain this, atheists
>>
>>74127834
All the "health and wellness" goons say that white rice is bad for you yet I see old as fuck Chinese and Indian dudes all the time?
>>
>>74127834
>japanese high age and good health refers exclusively to okinawa
>okinawa diet pre ww2 was pig and sweet potato
rice is trash cabbage soup is trash
meat n taters was the real deal
>>
>>74128051
Okinowans didn't eat that way for more than a generation. It started when Japan basically robbed their food for the war effort while requiring them to grow it for them. Second class citizens in the country that claimed them. Much like Russia's relationship with a certain country in their union. Their longevity was largely genetic, environmental and from them having a much more physical culture than mainlanders. Diet alone isn't a strong predictor of longevity unless you're taking about a population of cholesterol hyper responders.
>>
>>74127834
You would die within 5 years if that were your sole sources of nutrition. Just more lies from the cult of veganism (Seventh Day Adventists)
>>
>>74128101
>You would die within 5 years if that were your sole sources of nutrition
Retarded take
>>
>>74127834
>>74127847
>>74127863
the truth is, that wageism is a deadly disease. Being a wagie is a worse fate than being fatty mcfat fatty. Its worse than smoking and drinking. As long as you have to break your sleep, commute and force a smile, you are a wagie
>>
>>74127834
Caloric restriction. My grandma is a 95 year old skellington and her only health problem is bad eyesight. Her diet was was mostly boiled corn, onios and garlic. She lived in a commie country so she was too poor to afford meat until the 70's. She's aggressive and vigilant, so you cant steal a single coin without her noticing.
>>
>>74128161
How's the cult treating you? Taking your required supplements?
>>
>>74128203
Not him but humans can survive on nothing but bread. They wouldnt be healthy but they would survive.
>>
>>74128212
Not for more than 5 years.
>>
>>74128217
I'm more just pointing out her longevity is brought upon by a variety of factors and a specific group with a vested interest in making others eat like peasants by presenting her long lifespan as attributable to a nutritionally deficient diet is paying people to post these "facts". Billions in marketing for gay shit like this.
>>
>>74128217
lmao eating nothing but beans and rice or rice and some type of root veggie is common all over the global south. In Central American prisons you get nothing but two meals a day consisting of beans and tortillas
You’re either coping or genuinely ignorant about the world
>>
>>74127834
You have two class choices at the beginning of your life: viking or Japanese woman. If the latter is your goal insta quit your gym membership, drastically reduce your protein intake, do very mild not stressful but long cardio. Have no stressful work, live in a save and homogeneous society, have a family, play sudoku, eat sweat potatoes and many more vegetables but no slop. Congrats, you maxed out being a Japanese woman
>>
>>74127834
Survivor bias
Lack of nutrition, low calories, all let your body break down all the garbage cells that would kill you sooner if you shoveled shit into your mouth constantly.
Notice how her skin looks like shit at 100? That's because cells forget who they're supposed to be and fuck up their construction.
If she'd gotten a high protein diet to help replace her own cells while maintaining the calories she actually ate to get rid of the garbage, then she'd be much healthier looking and probably feel better.
This is a faggot vegan thread though so whatever.
>>
>>74128259
>why does a 119 year old woman have wrinkles
Retard
>>
>>74128173
>As long as you have to break your sleep, commute and force a smile
What if I go to bed and wake up same exact time every single day, work from home, and enjoy watching my team fight with a big smile on my face. Am I still a wagie?
>>
>>74128250
>viking or Japanese women
Describe viking to me anon lmao. holy fuck this sounds like something a middle school level child would post
>>
>>74128236
Not for more than 5 years, anon. You'll find almost no cases of people surviving on such deficient diets for more than 5 years, and the few cases you do, not long after 5 years. You're also falsely attributing the survival of many, many people to a diet they do not solely subscribe to. There's a reason they don't die after 5 years, it's because they're not only eating rice and beans. I can tell you what you're deficient in, but you're probably already taking it as a supplement, anyway. We both know your way of life isn't healthy. Give it up.
>>
>>74128309
I’m vegetarian and I eat mostly vegetables and rice and sometimes boiled eggs, once a week or so. It has been this way for 10 years at least, and I’m probably healthier than everyone itt
>>
>>74128290
>What if I go to bed and wake up same exact time every single day, work from home, and enjoy watching my team fight with a big smile on my face. Am I still a wagie?
>reading comprehension
no
>>
>>74128328
Yet if you didn't supplement you'd be dead.
>>
>>74127847
smoking cigs increases your likelyhood of getting hit by a car didnt you know
>>
>>74128336
I don’t take supplements. Do you only think in memes?
>>
>>74128352
Vegetarians require the same supplements. So you're either lying to me (most likely) or you're being given some unknowingly, or by some miracle you've managed to be the outlier who hasn't perished from being critically deficient, yet. In whatever case it might be, we're done here. I've proven that only those with an agenda of feeding people gruel would care to defend this nonsense.
>>
>>74128361
You unironically think I’ll die if I don’t supplement my egg/veggie/rice diet? Seriously, are you stupid?
>>
>>74127834
"Health" is a matter of birth and genetics. Some people are of good genes, and others have shit genes.

All dieting, exercise, etc.. can do for you is just control the decline.

People don't want you to know this because they think it will demoralize you into not lifting and not controlling your decline.

But you should control your age-related decline, because living in "60% Hellscape existence" is orders of magnitude better than living in "90% Hellscape existence."
>>
>>74128612
"Oh bro waaa waaa I don't have a perfect 10/10 Chad jawline and I can't pay for invisalign right now, why should I even bother brushing my teeth in the morning?"

Because having a crooked smile, but with all your teeth white, clean, and cavity-free ... is orders of magnitude better than having gum disease and missing teeth. And 1 cavity is better than having 10 cavities.

Etc...

People get caught up in the idea of "I will either be Caesar or nothing" or "all or nothing."

"Either my life is perfect, or I give up completely."

And this is precisely the kind of attitude that will end you up in a 90th-percentile Hellish existence, rather than the 40th-percentile Hellish existence you could've otherwise had.
>>
>>74127834
yeah, and how much can she bench?

tell me?
>>
>>74128640
i don't brush my teeth in the morning or night cause i dont think about it
>>
>>74128173
based. never wage
>>
>>74127834
Japan has some of the best healthcare systems in the world and prioritize the elderly (very mistakenly) old fucks in japan have it good.
>>
>>74127847
Smocking itself does not cause health complications, chain smoking does.
Is always the excess that is the problem.
>>
>>74127834
metabolic processes damage your body over time. the more processes, the more damage. could be there's not a lot of energy in rice and cabbage to fuck things up with compared to other foods. cabbage is also high in antioxidants and apoptosis inducing stuff
>>
>>74130320
>smoking itself does not cause health complications
most braindead opinion i've seen all day
>>
The truth is that aging is mostly genetic. Your cap could be at 70, it could be at 120, you'll only know if they get there. And to get there you need to not die from something else.
There isn't anything that ''accelerates aging'' at the DNA level except radiation. What you eat has very little to do with how long you will live unless it's actively harming you. If you eat shit that makes your liver die and then you die from liver failure, no fucking shit.
This minmaxing shit where people think they can magically get the right foods to reach an old age is pseudoscience. The best actual way to live long is to have regular health checkups, see if your blood levels are fine, see if you got any cancers or failing organs and treat that. The rice isn't doing shit to make you live longer or die faster, unless you can point to direct causation showing it's doing damage to your organs.
>>
>>74128051
Sweet potatoes are like 20x less labor intensive to grow than rice is. I literally cannot understand continuing to eat rice after their introduction.
>>
>>74127834
>>74127847
It's genetics + Random chance.
/thread.
>>
>>74128177
Lol same my grandma was annorexic just ate chicken breast, rice and squash. Lived until 95 and died from an accident.
>>
>>74128361
>"You need to supplement"
>with what
>"Y-Y-YOU JUST DO"
>>
>>74128236
Dilate tranny

>>74128328
>I’m probably healthier than everyone itt
Post body
>>
>>74130430
>Not an argument
Irrelevant post.
>>
>>74127834
People who stay in caloric deficit live longer. When you are malnourished (all plant-based faggots are malnourished), your body slows down metabolism to preserve energy and that means less growth, and longer lifespan. There's nothing surprising about vegans living longer, they choose to have poor quality of life in exchange for quantity. Wanna live 100 years of tired, lethargic existence? Choose plant-based. Wanna live 70 years of feeling strong as fuck? Choose animal-based
>>
>>74127834
No microplastics and xenoestrogens in the water.
>>
>>74127834
Dayummm she was bussin when she wuz young frfr would ngl would rizz on god
>>
>>74128250
>eat sweat potatoes
Redpill me on the sweer potato, I keep hearing they are some miracle food that will cure cancer and make your dick grow 3 inches. But they are so slimy and unappealing when cooked compared to normal potatoes. How does anyone stomach them?
>>
>>74128250
dumb larper. you'll never be a viking, roman or whatever the fuck
>>
>>74128361
Nah, just not everybody cares to have useless discussions with retards on here
>>
>>74127834
It's all about low stress
>>
>>74127834
Who the fuck wants to live this long anyways? Dying in your 60s is KINO.
>>
>>74127834
sverige unfortunately is probably right about sedentary lifestyles.
>>
>>74127834
I'd rather die lol fuck rice
>>
>>74127834
One theory is that food for sustenance is healthier than 'luxurious' food.
>>
>>74128328
>eggs
eggs are all you need to survive, unironically.
>>
>>74130786
Genetics is destiny for atheists
>its your destiny/fate to be like this!
>its your genetics to be like this!
>>
>>74127847
>>74130320
Nice, time to smoke fags again boyos
>>
>>74127863
Asian rice isn't the same as western rice.
>>
>>74127834
small portions, longer periods between meals, virtually no processed bullshit (refined carbs, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, etc), actual physical activity.
>>
>>74128250
The homogenous society is the most important, whites who live in them are much happier and live longer
>>
>>74133646
Your thread has been decided long ago when it will be cut.
>>
>>74133707
If by Western rice you mean that generic long grain stuff that has basically zero nutrition, then yes. I eat calrose rice and it's great stuff
>>
>>74127834
>How do meme dieters explain this?
I'm not into these "meme diets" but I can try and explain some of the factors that play into longevity.

The type of food you eat may very well affect longevity, but there are bigger factors at play.
Firstly : size. In a given species, the bigger specimens will live shorter lives than the smaller ones. It's a well documented effect. That's why smaller dog breeds lives as much as twice longer lives than bigger dog breeds.
When you look at humans, the ones who live past 100 are usually small/short.
Secondly is caloric restriction. This phenomenon is lesser known but still very documented. Essentially, restricting caloric intake improves longevity in essentially all animals, and scientists have tested that theory on pretty much any species they coulld get their hands on. The only exception is humans, because of ethical problems in restricting caloric intake over long periods of time, like your entire life, just to test a hypothesis that we're pretty sure is true.
So yeah, Fasting regularly improves longevity.
It's also like a 80%+ correlation, meaning that as long as don't go below a certain threshold, the more you restrict calories and the longer you do it, the more longevity you get.
This could be the reason why the woman in OP's post lived for so long, she was very small, ate little food, but still well enough to be in good health.

The last part of the equation could be daily execise.
Daily exercise of around 45min of elevated heart rate, per day, everyday, greatly increases longevity but more importantly quality of life in old age.
So if she did any exercise, sport or just simple stuff like walking or biking everywhere instead of using a car 24/7 like amerilards do, she just stayed healthy.

cont.
>>
>>74133646
woah that is a very deep insight anon.
>>
>>74127834
>>74135004
cont.

Lastly, I want to challenge OP's claim.
>lives off of rice and cabbage soup
You're chatting bullshit.
I looked up this woman, and the associated Okinawa diet, and retards like OP always get it wrong : Yes the Okinawa diet promotes eating LESS meat and dairy, but that does not mean they are vegans.
This is the classic Vegan logic fallacy.
She ate animal products.
Deal with it Veganigger.

The Okinawa Diet is first and foremost a Zero Processed Foods diet.
That's the central idea of that diet.
The idea you should eat les milk and dairy is only secondary and is not what you think it is.
It's not veganism.
"True Vegans" live shorter lives, miserable lives.

The oldest verified person to ever live was Jeanne Calment, a french woman that ate tons of meat and smoked tobacco until she was 117 years old.
So whatever's OP Veganfaggot argument he was trying to make, gets absolutely destroyed by this fact.
And that goes for any Fake Healthfags that claim to have the secret sake oil secret to immortality or longevity.
Get fucked, idiot.
>>
>>74135043
It seems to be important that you eat foods that are inherent to your culture. White people shouldn't eat like little Okinawan women and vice-versa. The latter won't handle dairy too well and it'll cause stress on the body. French people should be eating butter and drinking milk, because French people can process it easily. The whole secret is reducing bodily stress, and one of the easiest ways to do that is to eat food you can digest well.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.