[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: squat-1000x1000.jpg (81 KB, 1000x1000)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
everytime i start squatting and deadlifting my body goes to shit
>lower back pain
>upper back pain
>shoulder starts getting fucked
do i really need these 2 exercises to grow legs?
>>
leg press
hamstring curls
>>
>>74128948
You have to understand that there is more than one way your body hurts, are you sore, experiencing DOMS, are you just a bitch, are you pinching your nerves, do you have early onset osteoporosis, are you just in pain because you sit the fuck down all day and never stretch?
What the fuck is your problem and why are you too fucking stupid to articulate it?
>>
>>74128989
i get glute doms and quad doms but my back pain doesnt feel like doms
>>
>>74128995
Do you stretch?
>>
>>74128999
before training yes, i do a few stretches
>>
File: 1713784035632419.jpg (154 KB, 1126x1290)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
I wonder how many of these posts are fabrications to justify not doing the two most physically exhausting lifts. If squats and deadlifts are causing symptoms it means you have fibromyalgia.

I used to also dread squats and deads because if how much they would drain me. I got over it and now I look forward to leg day. I do squats then deads one after the other. Take my time, spend about 15 minutes on each, 5 working sets, warm up and cool down.

I also used to dread speed runs too, but you just do them enough and all your made up symptoms go away.
>>
>>74129001
Now, does it hurt when you are stretching before training? Does it hurt when you are stretching after training?
If the answer to the first is no, but the second is yes, it's DOMS you stupid fuck
>>
>>74129005
i love deadlifting and squatting but they somehow always get me fucked up, i started skipping leg days because i wasnt able to squat or deadlift
im not even squatting or deadlifting that heavy its like 2pl8 deadlifts and 1pl8mao and a half squats
i wonder if my mild scoliosis has anything to do with it
>>
>>74129021
It's probably because your mobility is shit, because 90% of people's mobility is shit
>>
>>74129013

Stop crying and just do your leg work. Show mommy what a big boy you are
>>
>>74129037
my mobility does suck ye, when im squatting i realize i cant keep my elbows straight they are always bending a bit behind, i believe thats what cause most of my shoulder discomfort
>>
>>74129048

Wrong post.

>>74129021
Please read
>>
>>74128948
Skill issue
>>
>>74128948
you're taking steps into snap city, you'll know it when you're there.
>>
>>74128948
No, you don't NEED to do deadlifts at all, do Romanian deadlifts
>>
Just do bulgarians my dude
>>
>>74129063
I have mild scoliosis and it have never affected my squats or deadlifts in fact i sometimes feel very very comfortable when doing squats compared to other exercises

>>74128948
reality is you are either one of this:
a bitch that just wanna skip leg day (which is fine just dont pretend you skip it because some bullshit reasons)
a dumbass thats using very poor form
someone who actually has a medical issue

if i had to be honest chances are you are most likely on a mix of the first two, but who knows maybe you do have a problem
>>
>>74128948
It's over. The only thing left for you is to become an anal sex slave for /fit/chads who can 1/2/3/4 and maybe the cum injections will increase your test enough for you to stop being a bitch. You'll always be a faggot though.
>>
>>74128948
I'm an oldfag so these two fuck me up. I switched to the vsquat machine but hack squat machine and leg press machine are both good. Idk about deadlifts, I do hamstring curls but I'm sure I'm missing out on some stuff.
>>
>>74128948
No you fucking don’t you retarded fool.

> continues to lift despite pain because …because…s-some say so

Your future looks bleak anon.
>>
100% OP squats and deadlifts like a retard
and even with "good enough" form, loading management is always a factor, you should never do yolo weight jumps or maxes but always think about how much you have done and how you can sustainably increase that
>>
>>74128948
Just do front squat and rdl
>>
>>74128948
"Everytime" is not a word. You mean "Every time."
>>
>>74129021
if doing everything correct, shoulder pain is usually mobility issue
otherwise its from holding the weight in place
quad doms is fine. you need to do legs more often or atleast more structured to avoid doms
back, usually back pumps, is from deadlifting and squatting with a bad bar path and/or bad bracing. bar path may be with mobility or strength based. you can record to see if its mobility usung just 135lbs, and if it looks fucked start there. if its strength, then your 135 deadlift would look textbook perfect while your top set stsrts developing problems, such as ass flys up and you rdl the weight for 90% of the deadlift.
>>
I had to stop in the middle of a squat set last week, my right knee just started feeling sharp pain on the descent and lift. I'm almost certain its because my form is shit and my mobility from being a sedentary fatass are the cause though.
>>
>>74128948
I've squatted with absolutely shit form and got to 275lbx5 with the shittest form imaginable. My back hurt and I decided to see a PT. Here are my issues:

Insufficient glute activation. My PT (male twink) and I had sessions dedicated to making mind muscles connect with my glutes. Now I always do a glute accessory during leg day.

Shit ankle mobility. I did try mobility exercises but got too lazy. I ended up buying squat shoes and that fixed it.

Maybe you just aren't bracing properly or your form is shit how about you post your form here?
>>
>>74128948
i give you permission to try out machines until you find some you enjoy that hit your quads and glutes. Squatting & deadlifting save you time by being a solid compound but you don't have to do them. You're just going to be spending more time in the gym doing exercises to replace them.
>>74129782
>do Romanian deadlifts
this is good advice OP should try this too.
>>74130105
>I do hamstring curls
>>74132215
>Insufficient glute activation. My PT (male twink) and I had sessions dedicated to making mind muscles connect with my glutes. Now I always do a glute accessory during leg day
good suggestions too. When I was squatting 3 days a week my quads were overdeveloped but my glutes and hamstrings needed a lot of work. OP should try to strengthen both with some isolation work.
>>
>>74128948
>squat
>lower back pain
This is a mechanical problem. People who don't have short legs are often putting their legs too close together and this results in a lot more lean than there should be. You want to keep your torso upright as much as possible. To do this, use a slightly wider stance. Also Brace with your core to help support the weight and take some of the load off your spine.
>upper back pain
Hands closer to your shoulders and keep a tight upper back.
>deadlift
>lower back pain
Again, this is a mechanical problem. Likely that you don't know how to extend your hip correctly. Do RDL instead for now to learn how to do a proper hip extension. Start with just the bar.
>upper back pain
There should be some pain here from the traps working hard with heavy weight.
>>74129001
Don't stretch before training. It significantly reduces the force output of your muscles. If you do it, save it for after workouts only. If you need to warmup for training do it with a reduced weight and a basic warmup scheme. For example.
50% x 12
50% x 10
70% x 6
80% x 3
90% x 1
Percentages are based on working weight for heavy exercises. If you're not using heavy weight, then you can do with something like 50% x 8 and 75% x 6. The exercise is a particularly light weight one, then you can do without warmups.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.