[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714028616014798.jpg (56 KB, 414x693)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
It's a serious obstacle that I need help or advice with. I can eat a healthy amount of calories in regular savory foods in a regular basis, but my ultimate weakness is sweets.

It's like once I've eaten enough savory food I start to crave for sweets as balance. I know this isn't right or healthy and I try to avoid it. It's like I very quickly get sick of only savory and completely lose my appetite. Then I'll eat next to nothing for a bit because I can't stomach any more of such foods.

But I get hungrier and hungrier for not choking enough shit down to keep myself satisfied. I only get my appetite back after binging enough sweets to destroy the entire week's caloric deficit.

If I could stop relying on the sweets then I feel like I'd have a straight shot to a healthy weight but there's something absurdly hilarious and fucked about not being able to lose weight because I lose my appetite.

I guess I need to get a sugar addiction out of my system and it's so hard; and it's not enough to just consume diet sweeteners because it keeps the urge for sweetness slight.

TLDR; I need sweets to make myself want to eat something when I'm hungry but they undo my progress in a shitty fast-binge cycle. What to do?
>>
>>74129600
>it keeps the urge for sweetness slight.
alight* as in it only seems to perpetuate the urge
>>
You just need to cut it out for like a week then your insulin production will adjust and you won't have the cravings.

Don't buy the shit, don't have any of it in your house. Have some fruit around. Next time you have cravings have a bowl of yogurt with some fruit.
>>
>>74129600
when you say sweets, do you mean something like fruit or a cupcake?
>>
File: file.png (168 KB, 336x672)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
Greetings, i'm your friendly local water fasting cultist. My go to for every dietary issue is try water fasting. Try water fasting for 48 hours and see if your sugar cravings die down. Don't binge after 48 hours just eat normal. If 48 hours is too difficult you can throw in the towel after 24 and I won't make fun of you. If you can't handle 24 hours just imagine a weirdo pointing and laughing at you
>>
>>74130539
what if I'm not addicted to sugar, but to nicotine?
>>
File: file.png (80 KB, 250x303)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>74130545
that's worse, like a lot worse. Nicotine is an effective appetite suppressant so I don't think you'd make it 24 hours water fasting if you went cold turkey. For the first 72 hours appetite generally ramps up and dies down but going cold turkey will probably make you hungrier than you've ever been in a long time. Just go cold turkey and do anything that takes your mind off smoking and keeps your hands busy. You have my permission to binge eat occasionally during the initial 2-3 weeks of cold turkey if it keeps you from smoking.

If you were to water fast do it before you quit smoking or while you're reducing your smoking. Going a few days without eating is a victory of your willpower. When you go cold turkey you can think to yourself you proved you can go a few days without eating, you can go a few weeks without smoking. After all, you're strong enough to avoid something you need to live you should be strong enough to avoid something that kills you.
>>
>>74129600
Increase your protein and use artificial sweeteners on everything. Cravings for sweets are caused by low blood sugar.
>>
>>74130520
Candy, ice cream, junk food shit
I tried to switch to fruit to scratch the itch but to be blunt it feels like a tease instead.

>>74130502
Unfortunately I live with my mom (I know lol) who is a food hoarder and despite my best efforts, bullshit trash food abounds in droves.
>>
>>74130539
I actually fasted for 6 days on just water before but I found it was not very effective. I definitely feel it's a mixture of mental and physical effects. If I don't eat at all then my eating habits don't change, I guess.
>>
File: 352154738.png (479 KB, 617x425)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
>>74130623
thank you, cultist
>>
>>74130845
Well guess you need some self control
>>
>>74129600
we literally solved this with sugaralcohols and other basically zero calorie sugar shit...

the only problem is supply chain and availability, you can find find alternatives to basically anything if you search hard enough and pay enough money....

if your still drinking sugar drinks, not eating low calorie ice cream, chocolate in 2024 your fucking retarded.

sugarfats are the lowest form of scum, it's gluten sensitive people like me and who love carbs who are suffering, low gluten shit is semi rare and all the carb alternative meals require home cooking

work harder to find + afford the shit you need and be lucky your not forced to make your own chocolate and churn your own icecream you sugarfat
>>
>>74130854
you were literally days away if that from ketosis, the actual effect that makes waterfasting past 10+ days easier than 1-10 days....

lol I have fasted 30+ days a half dozen times, it's so fucking easy if your not retarded or don't have a high performance job like I have now
>>
File: 1711934327690586.png (203 KB, 500x363)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
I wish a BBC would rape my asshole.
>>
File: 1712539080704377.png (130 KB, 500x743)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
Fasting makes me feel mentally slow and physically weak. But I did look better. How do I proceed?
>>
>>74130933
you're doing it wrong. 24hr fast at a time, high protein meals. tweak calories based off goals.
>>
File: IMG_2681.jpg (62 KB, 677x677)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>74129600
Cocaine or amphetamines. If you're gonna be an addict, at least be addicted to something that keeps you lean and productive.
>>
File: 6rct7vyub8io.jpg (50 KB, 900x900)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>74130908
>>
File: file.png (1.49 MB, 1700x850)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>74130854
your mileage may vary. Some people respond to it really well, some don't. The worst responders binge hard after fasting so at least you didn't get that urge. At least you didn't get that. Best responders get full faster and find highly processed or sweetened slop to overwhelm their tastebuds after they've been away from them for a while, among other effects.
>>74130862
you're welcome. Remember folks, fasting is free. Anyone can try it. Some people are forced to.
>>74130933
>Fasting makes me feel mentally slow and physically weak
Extended water fasting is a privilege for NEETs and people working bullshit jobs. My mother in law is an active dance teacher and water fasts on Sundays, you should be able to handle that. 3500 calories to burn 1lbs of fat, typically this is done via 500 calorie deficits since 500 x 7 = 3500. Depending on your TDEE/RMR a single day of fasting will do what a whole week of the recommended deficit will do except you don't need to suffer any days of eating below maintenance. 2 days per week and you're entering rapid weight loss territory, you can alternate days but there's non-weight loss related benefits to doing consecutive days. Beyond 2 days is the turbo weight loss zone reserved only for NEETs.
>>74131001
>24hr fast at a time, high protein meals. tweak calories based off goals.
this is good advice. 24hr fasts or OMAD are very sustainable for anyone that wants to try it without committing too hard. If you fast on your rest days you can enjoy some increased growth hormone production to help with your recovery.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.