[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: functional patterns .jpg (83 KB, 960x960)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Pretty much all of the people on /fit/ working out here are doing it wrong. Not just a little wrong, but majorly wrong with how they see and approach fitness. If you train your body outside of its biological blueprint of what it has evolved to do, then you are ultimately reducing your functionality, and thus crippling your body.
All training needs to revolve around the primary 4 functions that drove our evolution as human beings, which is the ability to sprint, walk, stand, and to throw.
If your workouts do not respect these primary functions that you are evolved to do, you will inevitably end up compromising your bodies ability to move properly, and you will inevitably get injured, or fuck up your biomechanics the more you do unnatural movements such as bench press, deadlifts, squats, etc.
Your fitness workouts should make you have better posture and function after the workout. Every other type of fitness workout will give you dogshit posture and functionality, because all these fitness programs whether it be bodybuilding, yoga, stretching - are not movements that drove our evolution as bipedal organisms.

Your fitness routine needs to revolve around making yourself more functional, and your routine must respect the primary functions that we evolved around, which is sprinting, throwing, walking, and standing- and so any workout program you run that is not Functional Patterns is just shooting yourself in the foot.

And before you call FP a scam, there are literally hundreds of testimonials and documented reversals of extreme body malformations being 95% fixed within only a few months of running FP.
>>
Shutup faggot
>>
>>74131990
No u
>>
>>74131982
Post body
>>
>>74131982
how do I start?

I don't get some of there shit. do I just do it every morning for life?
at the end of a workout?

I'd love to have better posture. so Ive tried some at the end of my workout.
>>
File: IMG_2474.jpg (25 KB, 320x317)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>74131982
All those words no one is ever going to read…
>>
>>74132007
The beauty of FP is that you can do it a lot, or very little. Its primarily about un-fucking your bodies sub-optimal biomechanics that come from years of sitting, gym workouts, and dehydrated fascia and ligaments from years of moving incorrectly.

You would start with the 10 week program, which is very easy and is mostly myofascial release based. It starts out with mostly instense massaging of the dehyrated fascia in around the key points in the body, and then you move on the the corrective exercises that actually will drive that mechanical change in the body.

Heres what your workouts would eventually look like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkeZYNnydQ0
>>
didn't read your bullshit.
>>
>>74131982
stop advertising here.
>>
>>74132028
so I just workout for 90 min.

do I do these weird movements after? so 3x a week? I dunno wtf is going on in these "movements"
>>
>>74132028
The very video you linked has many replies by the OP stating how he doesn't believe or use the program anymore.
>>
>>74132028
>>74131982
this a lot of shitposting to just say that people with scoliosis benefit from strengthening their weak muscles and stretching their strong muscles newfag.
>>
>>74132054
Its literally the best fitness program out there right now, thats im doing this shilling for free, since it actually just werks
>>
>>74132079
Its far far more than scoliosis, and stretching is not a part of FP at all. FP is explicitly against passive stretching, as it causes dysfunctions in the body
>>
>>74132192
So you have no idea how biomechanics work, okay just say that next time newfag.
>>
>>74132074
These movements are natural movements that aling with what the intended function is for the muscles in your body.
The movements are designed to help you gain strength in the key movements of sprinting, throwing, walking, and standing, as these are what all sports revolve around.
The movements also fire all muscles in the body simultaneously, instead of in isolation. So it is teaching your body to work as a singular unit, firing in conjuction
>>
>>74132192
>>74132208

this feels like 2010 copywrite websites to buy some program
"sign up for our email for 90% off"
>>
>>74132208
>The movements
>The movements
>The movements

sounds like bs snake oil
>>
File: R.gif (783 KB, 415x452)
783 KB
783 KB GIF
>>74132025
What the sigma, bro? Is you atensp broken?
>>
>>74132213
I get how the optics look, but there is literally not really any other way to try and sell this to people. I know it sucks, but how else are you going to show people something that they have no clue about?
>>74132217
You say that until you actually give it a shot, and youre gonna laugh at how dumb you were
>>
>>74132233
>sell this to people
>sell this to people

I've seen a few friends on FB doing some weird ass movement shit.

looks like a kid playing in a gym desu.
>>
>>74132213
it's a scam, dude even admits that he is against passive scamming when it's been proven that you'll never outpace posture damage and structural dysfunction with strength training and movements alone.

Might as well be telling us you can cure cancer by staring at the sun.
>>
>>74132242
Maybe the kids are doing it right, and the adults have it wrong.
Ever think that?
>>
Consider buying an ad OP.
>>
>>74132248
Fp isnt just strength training, its something else. And the movements with the resistance work the full body in conjunction, and so it stretches the body naturally where it needs to be stretched.
If you do too much stretching/ yoga, you make your muscles and ligaments flaccid, and you lose a lot of athletic ability, and open the door for injuries
>>
>>74132264
Fucking bot, get thee back to /pol/
>>
>>74131982
You misspelled "fictional"
>>
>>74132302
kek
>>
>>74131982
This is a hyperthrophy/powershart board, we don't care bout injuries we are freaks
>>
>>74132324
Kek.
These powersharters are never going to believe any of this until they have their hip and knee replacement at age 40.
>>
>>74132302
Being able to move pain free with ease is "fictional"?
Ok, enjoy your fucked up body, when you cant even put any of that muscle to use
>>
>>74132342
If you are interested in functional training look up ATG, Built Better by Justin King, Squat University, two guys training Christian McCaffrey, Andy Galpin... There a lot of people that do and promote functional training, don't limit yourself to only one philosophy.
>>
>>74131982
Lmao. They’re are a lot of obstinate retards on here, but very few are THAT stupid. Functional patterns is a washed up meme
>>
>>74132407
>ATG squats
Total meme. When in nature doing movement would you need to have your butt touching the ground? Other than taking a shit, which is just something you do, its not a thing that drives our evolution. You would never move from point A to point B doing a squat, its just a totally fake thing. Also its a bilateral movement, which is not training functionality since all athletic movements are unilateral. One side moving and the other side reciprocating.
>>74132417
How is FP a washed up meme if it only started gaining a following in the last year or two? Its literally just getting started
>>
>>74132444
I'm referring to the Knees over toes guy, not ATG squat per se. A lot of cultures (east asian) spend vast amounts of time in the squat position, it's a basic resting position. Not being able to rest your hamstrings on your calves is equivalent to not being able to bend your arm. ATG strengthens and bulletproofs your knees by building up your medialis and connective tissue around knee.
For example, if you lie on the floor and need to get up, you will find yourself in the squat position, seems pretty important to me.
Of course, there are other methods, you don't need to do squats at all.
>>
>>74132248
I’m 40 with a perfect cervical spinal curve and perfect disk spacing per my last x ray a year ago. I am awesome
>>
>>74131982
We already know about FictionalPatterns, the video of the creator doing training like a retard used to get posted often. I'm especially fond of "training to fight manlets".
>>
>>74133241
Get off my dick homo

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.