[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The only upper body lifts I do are bench and press. I switched to close grip bench due to shoulder pain but now even that is causing problems. What should I do instead of bench?
>>
>>74132997
Rest for a week, then do reps with lower weights.
No need to injure yourself by doing your PR every time.
>>
File: 1709019202237215.png (127 KB, 504x295)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
How the fuck do you get an aesthetic upper body with an injured shoulder man. My shit is trashed, pullups and dips aggravate it let alone bench ohp etc
>>
>>74132997
>invest your energy
>laser beam angel from NGE
>>
Semi related question. My shoulders are pretty decent (bench and ohp no problem) but I find lateral raises even at light weights to be painful. Are there any alternative ways to exercise my side delts? It feels like the joint is pinching and grinding.
>>
>>74132997
Take a week off, deload, build back up.
Also work in weighted pullups and some variation of row because you're lifting man weight now and your upper back is going to need to be stable underneath it.
>>
>>74132997
just do a different grip
for me narrow grips hurt my shoulder
so i do Snatch grip behind the neck press
wide grip bench
and for triceps i do french press and other exercises
dips don't hurt my shoulder which is weird
but close grip bench and normal ohp hurt from rotator cuff all the way down the biceps
it's a bitch and takes months to heal
>>
>>74132997
Nah mine recover in a few days of a tweak now and i gotta go lighter for a week or two just to be sure but heres god tier shoulder rehab/bulletproof too lazy to distinguish between the 2 so start really light:

>reverse grip bench
>get stronger shoulders first fromt delts are hard to hit
>deadhangs chinup close where you jump up preferably
>lots of low weight flat back
>weirdly enough tricep pushdowns and tricep shit make it stronger
>strict lateral raises
>>
>>74133599
Single arm so you can bend a lil and strict both hands, your letting your chest and ribs sag. Its almost like trying to pose and make your shoulders wide.
>>
>>74132997
>The only upper body lifts I do are bench and press
>no pulling movements
you were asking for a shoulder injury doing that shit. no program on the planet has zero pulling
>>
>>74133684
I'll experiment with this. I'm surprised this is the only mention of dips. They would best fill the role of bench

>>74135185
I do deadlifts and chins. The shoulder injury is pre existing
>>
>>74132997
Two words:
SWISS
BAR
Thank me later.
>>
>>74133599
you might have weak rotator cuffs (external).
>Are there any alternative ways to exercise my side delts?
OHP is the jack of all trades shoulder exercise.
you'll still experience pain if you have weak rotator cuff muscles.
>>
>>74132997
try incline/decline/dips or learn proper form.
also do rows and reverse pushups.

>>74133599
attach rope to cable row station, lay down on the pad, do "upright rows" with the rope
alternatively do rear delt barbell rows but at 45+ degrees torso angle
>>
>>74132997
If you have blocks at your gym, get a vest and/or bands and do weighted pushups
Same as bench except free scapular movement = shoulder health
https://youtu.be/QmoRZQ7urCc
>>
File: 1000003816.jpg (73 KB, 533x533)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>74132997

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.