[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fasting540.jpg (74 KB, 540x359)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Empty plate edition

Welcome to the fasting general.

>How to start fasting
By not eating anything, duh.

>But fasting is bad for you
I don't care if it is. If you don't want to fast, then don't. Mind your own business.

Remember your electrolytes on longer fasts.
Listen to your body and don't force it if you feel like shit.

Do your own research and remember, some anons are here just to troll and some might give you misinformation.
>>
Is eating one 1500 calorie meal every 24hrs gonna get me the same weight loss results as eating 1500 calories throughout the day in 2 or 3 meals?
>>
>>74133753
Fasting causes rapid hairloss when you enter ketosis. No thanks ketorabbi.
>>
>>74133782
Probably, but when I was eating 1500 cals throughout the day I was fucking starving and completely snapped at one point. Omad would be easier but id rather actually fast for multiple days to really lose the fat.
>>
So, anons. What are we not eating today?
>>
>>74133782
What do you mean by "weight loss"? You will lose more muacle because you are not spaving out your protein intake. So in that sense it might cause more "weight loss". Also it depends on what you are eating. 1500 Calories of fat will have a much different effect than 1500 Calories of carbs and protein.
>>
>>74133782
Omad is a strategy not a diet. So yes, but you will be more hungry doing one or the other, it depends on your metabolism and other things. Try out which one is easier for you
>>
>>74133948
You won't lose muscle by doing OMAD you dummy.
>>
>>74133798
Never saw anything indicating that this is true.
In my country fast is very common for religious reasons, it has been for a thousand years, and people don't lose their hair.
>>
I wouldnt even consider anything less than a full day of not eating fasting.
>>
Why’d you make the OP shittier?
I’m working on a reentry for /fast/, some information was incorrect and I want to provide a comprehensive guide along with more scientific data/research
>>
>>74133948
Jesus you sound retarded. This board has so many actual retards posting on it
>>
>>74133969
You will lose muscle because you will be hungry for 16ish hours out of the day.
>>
>>74133981
Because there was no /fast/ and I just wrote something quick, if you want, make one next time.
It doesnt really matter in the end. /fast/ will attract weirdos and trolls anyways, no matter how you write the OP.
>>
>>74133989
Poor wittle baby gets hungy if he doesnt eat every second when he is awake. Go eat something fatty.
>>
>>74133989
I've been doing OMAD for years because it's great for my schedule.
I am never hungry. I'm used to it and feel like eating around the time of my daily meal. Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>74133989
Food takes 24 to 72 hours to digest.
Do you think it matters if you eat your protein all at once or divide it in three times during the day?
No it doesn't. You're not very smart.
>>
>>74134010
Food takes up to 6 hours to digest. And up to 36h to move though your entire colon. You probably meant glycogen. Glycogen stores are depleted within 12-48h... Anything beyond 48h and you're running on pure body fat
>>
>>74133994
What do you think happens when you stop eating? You just magically have energy?
>>
So whats the range for things that are a clean fast (water) to a dirty fast with things like veggie/fruit juices, bone broth, supplements, tea, coffee ect.
>>
>>74134033
>thinking digestion means only the stomach
>thinking that the entire intestine system is the "colon"
You're a retard lmao. Why do you even speak.
>>
>>74134050
What happens to proteins after a meal?
>>
>>74134038
What do you think the fat in our body is for, retard?
>>
>>74134071
It's to give you a source of calories when you run out of sugar. It's not gonna do much of anything to prevent you from losing muscle when you stop eating protein, though.
>>
>>74134079
So I magically have energy, from my fat? Like you asked?
>You just magically have energy?
I dont care about the muscle lost, the amount lost is so minuscule that it truly does not matter.
>>
>>74134079
Wow you really don't know shit.
>>
File: OIP-114.jpg (34 KB, 474x414)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>74134100
>I dont care about the muscle lost
Well, at least you are being honest. When you try to burn fat without eating any protein, you WILL lose muscle. Just keep that in mind while you starve yourself.
>>
>>74134137
No shit? Muscle protein synthesis is an ongoing progress. Any small amount I lose I can easily build back up. Besides, my lifts have stayed at the same weights for the time I have been fasting so any muscle lost has been really minimal.
I also lift heavy when I eat to build it back up.

Unless you are one of those retards that think your body will use the muscle in your heart or something first? Then we have NOTHING to talk about.
>>
>>74134137
>>74134079
You don't know what you're talking about and shouldn't talk.
>>
File: IMG_4330.jpg (183 KB, 1282x2015)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>74133989
>you lose muscle by being hungry
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
The human body is meant to withstand an onslaught of environmental suffering. Starvation is integral to the human blueprint.

All but the hardest working humans need all the food the average one eats daily. Never fast more than 7 days though. After fasting for 7, avoid fasting for more than 2 days, as you get all the benefits of a longer fast sooner, and with great diminishing returns.

all that being said, I find it impossible to fast because I have to cook for my family, and the food is LITERALLY RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME. It's be easier if I didn't have to cook on days I choose to fast.

maybe I ought to meal prep so that I can fast.

hey, has anyone tried eating for one day and fasting for another day, repeating for a long time?
>>
>>74134155
>has anyone tried eating for one day and fasting for another day, repeating for a long time?
Thats pretty much ADF, or Alternate-day fasting.
Havent tried it since I do rolling 2-3 day fasts tho.
>>
>>74134144
>Muscle protein synthesis is an ongoing progress.
Protein synthesis requires food, usually in the form of carbs and amino acids.

>>74134148
Anon, your own source says that it does cause muscle loss greater than the amount of fat loss.
>>
>>74134155
have you tried building mental strength and self control skills so you can cook for your family without eating
>>
>>74134164
Wow you don't even know how to read.
>>
>>74134050
Trying to escape the corner. You know nothing about human body but try to act like you know and in this process feel so threatened that you start calling others "retard", while knowing the only retard here is you. Do you call your parents retards to? Because they by default are smarter than you.
>>
>>74134164
>Anon, your own source says that it does cause muscle loss greater than the amount of fat loss.
No, it clearly states it causes lean soft tissue loss greater than the amount of fat loss, and lean soft tissue includes water weight. Which is where the majority of that 60% figure comes from.
>>
>>74134164
NTA but you should read it again if you didn't catch the information shown to you the first time.
>>
File: donald-trump-wrong.gif (430 KB, 220x227)
430 KB
430 KB GIF
>>74134155
>Starvation is integral to the human blueprint.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catabolysis
>>
File: 1697522993005738.png (9 KB, 207x183)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>did not bring money to work so I can't eat even if I want to
>employer at work gave biscuits
>saw instant noodle that I forgot existed in my bag when I want to put in the biscuit
The good news is I'm still fasting and is 38 hours in(aiming for >96 hours), this is the first time I'm aiming for more than a day fast
>>
File: IMG_4332.jpg (58 KB, 828x194)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>74134206
>>
ended my rolling fasts for the rest of the month today, sadly. I was hoping to hit my goal waist by the end of April but I need to up my cum production so I can creampie my gf and maybe her friend(s) all weekend and still be able to produce a full load for the sperm bank on tuesday. I'll also incur serious stress from the chance of a family member dying during surgery next week. Unlikely but I don't want to be fasting during it. One of you better finish off April will a fast for me.
>>
>>74134262
For your sex life just eat 4 oranges and you're good to go. Then you can continue your fast after that and you'll have tons of energy and water retained you'll be cuming buckets in those girls. For the family member, fasting can be as a tribute to him. You'll have funeral to break the fast so wait until then
>>
>>74134182
So you have no argument whatsoever huh.
Typical. I accept your concession.
>>
File: 20240426_021225.jpg (174 KB, 720x833)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>74134245
Show me your citations. The only source you have says that 25% of weight loss (average) during fasting comes from your muscles and vital organs as you burn protein. There's not some magic way that you are creating muscle out of thin air while eating nothing.
>>
>>74134290
Why would I try to argue with an idiot? It's like playing chess with a pigeon- he will jump on the chess table, knock down all the chess peaces and shit on the table. Absolutely pointless. I'll just let you live in your cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>74133753
I'm fasting for the spiritual gains
>>
>>74134164
>it's not a bottle of water, it's muscle
hello, circus
>>
>>74134172
True mental strength and self control skills involve changing the environment for own goals, e.g. not surrounding oneself with food

NTA
>>
How long have you fasted, fellow fasting chads?
Decided to eat tomorrow instead of today.
>>
Best I've done is 29 hours. After that it gets too hard to focus on anything else and becomes impossible.
>>
>>74133753
How do you deal with baking soda and supplements being bitter? The nausea from the bitterness is the only difficult thing in fasting for me
>>
>>74134747
I just dont fast for long enough to really need electrolytes. I do take a pinch of salt every now and then but nothing else.
>>
>>74134695
Greetings, king. I just broke my 62h dry fast with egg and bacon scramble mixed with milk and cheese on top, and a glass of light beer. Mind you my portion was so small even a 3yo kid wouldn't be satiated from it. But I'm full as fuck and my body is absolutely burning right now, it's so damn hot after such a meal. Lost 1.3kg (3lbs) of fat (4kg/9lbs total). I usually weigh myself after 48h of dry fast and mark it as a base weight (anything within those 48h I consider mainly water weight). Last dry fast I did 5 days ago I was 82.3kg (48h into fast), now I was 81kg (48h into fast) so it's 1.3kg lost within one week. I'm somewhere around 13-14% bf so my fasts are getting harder and harder. Still 4-5kg of fat to go before summer. Let's fucking goooo!
>>
>>74134830
extremely based my King, what is your height and lifts?
>>
>>74134830
Good work chad.
Im starting to get to the point where Im starting to feel so fucking cold again. Gonna have to keep brewing herbal teas since I have drank way too much coffee already. Probably going to lose around ~3kgs here and see how things look if Im going to lose more.
>>
>>74134843
I'm 6' (living in the 2nd tallest country in the world). It's hard to tell because I'm working out at home and I'm not into one rep max. My goal for this summer is a really good summer body, with 30" waist, 6pack and 17" arms. I used to be a bodybuilder benching 320lbs and DL'ing 480lbs (no squats, because my knees are completely fucked beyond repairable. I can walk, jog or ride bicycle but nothing too heavy on legs. Thankfully my leg genetics are insanely good and they look just perfect for my mass. Chest genetics is complete shit tho).
>>74134849
Thankfully I've liked cold all my life so it's easier for me to endure those cold rashes. What'll be your height and weight once you loose those 3kg?
>>
So if that bald doctor is right, then any significant changes should stop happening after three days fast right? Is there a point doing any longer than three days instead of breaking fast and then fasting another three days after?
>>
>>74134894
194cm, ~79kg ~21 bmi. Thats the goal anyways.
>>
>>74134898
It's more to it, but yes, if you want to comfortably fast, it's always better to do 48-72h rolling fasts with one refeed day between them. You won't feel like shit. You'll actually feel really fucking good. If you go beyond 5 day mark, it becomes a mental battle from then on. Do you need it? Yes, there are health benefits (also some downsides) but it'll be a mental torture especially if you live together with somebody.
>>
>>74134911
Going for that summer body, my man? Based. Summer body chads unite
>>
>>74134924
Almost as lean as possible. I have already destroyed my body by being a fat fuck my whole life so I have too much loose skin and wont have a nice summer body, but it will be a good point for surgery when I get enough money for it.
>>
>>74134936
Thankfully we have really good doctors (surgeons) these days. I'd definitely consider removing that skin so yes, go for it once you reach that point. It'll be a scar to remind you to never get fat again. Keep on grinding, king.
>>
File: speedying pepes.png (537 KB, 610x592)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
is there a /fast/ circle in LIFE?
>>
File: imhungry.png (142 KB, 572x802)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>>74134695
>>
>>74135016
Glorious
What are you running on?
>>
File: TownsAids.png (690 KB, 1280x720)
690 KB
690 KB PNG
>>74135029
I permit myself 2 coffees a day with smol amount of milk, 2 beef broth cups a week and some vitamin & omega3 pills when I feel like it
Overall, 70 calories a day max.
Not a 'true' fast perhaps, but it works
>>
>>74135042
Aye, sounds good. Some people are weirdly pedantic about things and get really mad if someone does things differently.
I like to have milk with my coffee as well and I drink diet sodas during my fasts. I did fast clean for a while but drinking black coffee and just water got so fucking old fast.
>>
>>74135042
Somewhere around 50 is considered to be non-fasting-breaking for the processes so you're doing good, I think
>>
>>74135064
>drinking black coffee and just water got so fucking old fast
It helps me to have different teas and herbal/non-fruit/non-glucose teas at hand

NTA
>>
>>74135064
I forgot to mention, I also drink carbonated water with fresh lemon or lime squeezed into it
Add some ice cubes, it mogs every soda and is basically no calories

>>74135070
Ive lost about 34KG so far, so yeah it's not too bad
>>
>>74135077
Oh yes, I have those as well. They do help too.
In the end I mostly just fast for weight loss. Any small hunger I might get from diet soda is easily ignored as well.
If I was restricting my calories, just the fact that I would be able to have eaten something that day would make everything so fucking hard.
>>
You're fasting because you're a fat first-worlder
I'm fasting because I'm a third-worlder saving up money
We're not the same
>>
File: thirdieBTFO.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>74135189
You're right, we're not
>>
>>74135212
Worse, I'm whitey
>>
>>74135222
I simply don't believe you, mainly because you use the word 'whitey' which is a slut commonly used by the negroid species in jealousy and hatred.

Nigger.
>>
>>74135231
>'whitey' which is a slut
Interesting Freudian slip, "white" man
>>
>>74135237
Yes, a Freudian slip. Not because the letters 'r' and 't' are next to eachother on your keyboard, surely.

You remain a nigger, but with a newly added Kike flair
>>
>>74134148
>malnourished or underlying health conditions
Like... Being fat?
>>
>>74135247
>I'm just dysgenic and can't press the right buttons
>>
>>74135268
I'm sorry you're so jealous of my White skin, nigger.
Deal with it, or go back to r*ddit and complain or something
>>
>>74133753
Made it 72 hours yesterday. Lost 9 lbs. Broke the fast. Gonna start again at noon.
>>
AA Im such a fucking fatty. If only I wasnt a fatty I wouldnt feel this hunger. I will conquer this hunger and become a lean person.
Fucking fat WILL melt off me. FUCK YOU FAT.
>>74135296
Nice. Keep at it.
>>
>>74135317
Just like the one anon keeps saying, life starts at 12%. I will just keep on repeating that as a mantra. Fuck it, life starts at fucking 10%. 12% sounds too high. Fuck this hunger FUCK.
>>
>>74135333
Based trips of truth and I'm that guy. Basically what I mean by "life starts at 12%" is that it literally starts. 11-12% hard difficulty, 10-11% normal difficulty, 9-10% easy and 8-9% is tutorial mode of life. That's when people are inviting you to parties just for you to be there, that's where all the clubs are open for you, that's when girls are buying drinks for you and no the other way around. That's the celebrity lifestyle. My goal definitely is 10% before June...
>>
Is it possible to turn fasting into a lifestyle to save money? Like stuffing myself with 3k cals and then fasting for three days, repeat? Or that's too extreme?
>>
>>74135398
Sounds good. Thanks bro. I might break my fast tonight. Already fasted for 3 days this week AND I have lost over 7kg this month already. If this hunger passes after I get home and drink a cup of coffee I might continue, we shall see.
>>74135423
No idea how sustainable it is, but I have saved a shitton of money just this month because I have only eaten for 9 days this month.
>>
>>74135423
youll save money as a side effect because you arent snacking on junk and ordering takeout.
>>
a year ago i could do 0 pullups. now im up to 4. when i get to 10 all the vagina will be mine.
>>
>>74134309
>comparing days long fasts to hours long ones

You are an unbelievable faggot. There is a limit to how much energy you can metabolize from fat reserves. If you require energy beyond that of course your body will obtain it from non fat sources. This is not an issue for omad unless you are cutting like a retard.
>>
Hey does anyone know how to avoid impulse and bored eating?

Like I know its best to find some other activities to do like chores and hobbies and stuff, but like how can I stop thinking about eating food for my fasting period?

Any ideas? Like putting salt in my mouth while I fast or look at any weight loss fasting pictures and videos?

FYI: I have also fasted before (2 days)

Also here are my stats
Current Weight: 228lbs
Black
Female Height:63.5 inches

--Desired Weight: 180lbs--

Like what do I need to do?
>>
>>74135740
>Girl
>180lbs
You should aim lower.
Try dry fasting. You won't be thinking about food at all, you'll be so thirsty you'll forget that food even exists. I've never once thought about food on dry fast, only water
>>
>>74135770
Yeah I was thinking a little under than 180lbs, maybe like 150-160lbs as my desired weight.

But how I combat the extreme hungerness while I dry fast tho?

Can I suck on salt or drink salt water for electrolytes for that matter?

Also how long will I see results?

I also installed the Easy Fast Intermittent Fasting App and I have just started today at 8:12am on Flexible fasting mode?
>>
>>74135812
I also don't have a weight scale on hand either, even though I need to get one...
>>
>>74135740
What I do is to stay hungry.
On normal hunger pangs I wait it out for half an hour or so. Most go away, and then I am good.
only when I can't fall asleep I cave, or if I need more energy for exercise I eat more.
>>74135812
Go by the mirror. You will know when you reach a good spot, and you can always stop at a certain weight for a couple days and start fasting again. At your height you got a fair amount to go.
>>
>>74135740
smoke a lot of weed
>>74135831
mirrors are lying bastards
>>
>>74135812
>when will i see results
you will lose about 1/2 pound every day you dont eat. so you can drop 15 lbs eating every other day for 2 months
>>
>>74135831
Oh okay thank you, anon, for the good advice!
>>74135860
>smoke a lot of weed
lol I wish I can do that
>>74135884
Okay thank you, anon. I'll write this down in my notes!
>>
>>74135740
Long walks suppress your appetite. I was doing 1 to 2 hour walks as my everyday cardio and realized I never had an appetite after, turns out that's for a reason. So you could just go for an hour walk for dinner and then go to bed before you feel munchy again. Also I quit weed because of the munchies.
>>
File: file.png (609 KB, 759x554)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
>>74135423
>Is it possible to turn fasting into a lifestyle to save money?
better write on op-ed on the new lifestyle trend for thrifty millennials and gen z
>>
>>74133753
So how are you supposed to break a fast. My stomach has felt like shit for a full day now.
>>
Goddamn my stomach is making a lot of noises couple of hours after breaking my fast. I really hope its a sign my gut is moving stuff around. I stupidly ate some fiber on my last refeed before this and it completely blocked me.
Fiber really is not worth it for me, been drinking more and more macrogol, hopefully im a fucking faucet soon.
>>
>>74136922
From experience processed carbs are apparently not the answer. I broke my last one with carrot sticks and hummus and that was ok. Avocado, nuts, or other healthy fats are supposed to be good choices. Fruits with lots of water in them, a banana with peanut butter. Probably would be good
>>
How much snake juice and activity you boys doing?
I can only get down about 4 litters a day.
I get pretty damn lethargic after about hour 70.
I can do chores and shit but I'm just so out of it.
I'm going to stop at 144 hours.
>>
>>74133782
results will be relatively the same (assuming you stick to it)
there are worries about nutrient absorption, and crashing your metabolism. also that insulin spike after your single meal can really hurt sometimes.

also after trying what you describe i have to say it really depends what youre doing. walking around doing regular daily tasks? fine. sitting in class? fine. but focusing on class or doing my classwork? suddenly immensely starving and its only 2pm..
>>
File: PIGGY.png (1.13 MB, 1190x820)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
doing alternate day fasting
my appetite isnt that big anymore, im eating mostly legumes high in protein, pasta, zero sugar soda, im experimenting with eliminating dairy to clear acne and it seems to be working, i also dont drink "snake juice"

hit a ez bar skullcrusher PR today 3x8 with 85lbs

i'll probably fast this weekend, maybe reach 119kg by monday
>>
File: 117362769_p4_master1200.jpg (507 KB, 791x1200)
507 KB
507 KB JPG
52 hours in, my heads felt really spinny for the past few hours. This is just a harmless side effect right? Or should I break fast?
>>
>>74139065
Low blood sugar. Eat something NOW.
>>
>>74135715
Tell me how your body can store protein you eat for 16+ hours?
>>
File: 1713815348861294.jpg (29 KB, 960x540)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>74135333
>Fuck it, life starts at fucking 10%. 12% sounds too high.
Anything below 10% and you will start rapidly burning muscle and your vital organs anytime you get hungry.
>>
>>74138841
>How much snake juice and activity you boys doing?
>I can only get down about 4 litters a day.
You only need 1.5L of snake juice a day, on average you need 3L of water a day for a fast. I sometimes do LISS at the gym on weekends and lift with less weight on days I fast and lift.
>>
>>74139072
Or else?
>>
>>74139072
Working out in that first day of fast is probably a bad idea, the sores usually heal on the next day but this is third day already
>>
>>74139377
Or else you'll severely reduce your risk of developing diabetes!!! Consume 5000 calories of corn syrup NOW!!!!
>>
>>74139171
Oh damn, thought u needed as much snuice as possible.
>>
>>74139065
drink more water niggy.
>>
>>74139731
I gave up after 55 hours and stuffed into 2.7k cals...
>>
>>74139526
Im guessing you didnt read the box, kek. Idk what weight range for the 1.5L(500ml x 3) a day is but Im assuming it won't hurt you if youre obese to drink 4L for a day. I wouldnt recommend doing that anymore as Im sure you body won't like the excesses in some form or another.

Just keep in mind that snake juice helps with fasts, but is not required. It has a low upper limit, not a high minimum.
>>
>>74133753
Went on a bender for 4 days last week. Gained 23lbs. Been fasting the last two days, have been pissing clear water every other hour all day long. Already lost most of that weight. It's insane how much water weight my body retains.
>>
>>74134747
It's not a perfect solution but you can use a zero calorie sweetener or electrolyte mix to make it easier to get down. Or you can put it in a pill.
>>
>>74134898
It's the opposite, the big changes don't start until after 3 days. You need to push to 5-7 days to get the true benefits of fasting.
>>
>>74134956
I would be down for starting one. Can you do it anonymously? If I have to post some social media shit it's not happening.
>>
didnt eat for two days, is it over?
>>
>>74133753
A video on the benefits of Fasting:

https://youtu.be/l3XkI6oxe5c
>>
2 weeks since I started OMAD. Im down 5kg and had to start using a belt. Still 15kg to go and no more water weight so its gonna become a grind but I feel happy as hell to be on the way. Wagmi friends
>>
On day 4 of fasting until I no longer want to smoke. I'm quitting for good this time. The weightloss is just a bonus.
>>
>>74142826
Its been 13 years since I quit and I still get cravings when ive had one beer and someone else smokes. You may become too thin if you fast for multiple years (not a doctor tho, you do you)
>>
>>74142845
I'd probably live longer than if I kept smoking. I'm 30 but I've spent almost my entire life being an alcoholic largess, started smoking at 21. I'm definitely going to die in my 50's, but I'm hoping I can buy myself a few more years.
>>
>>74133753
>fast for two weeks straight
>weigh in 8lbs down
>look the same
>start eating like shit again
>weigh in after two weeks
>23lbs down
>look visibly more toned
Make this make sense you fucking pricks
>>
>>74133753
Or eat breakfast and dont stunt your metabolism.
>>
File: 2819341784162874.jpg (269 KB, 1080x1080)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
been contemplating dry scooping Gorilla Mode pre-workout while dry fasting to combat the lack of energy

thoughts?
>>
>>74143856
You will probably choke on it and die.
>>
>>74143898
>small scoops at a time
>saliva
>>
>>74133753
god damn snake juice is gross. how do you drink 2 liters of this stuff?
>>
>>74143908
if by small you mean a pinch at a time. remember the cinnamon challenge? a spoonful is too much.
>>
>>74143856
Your body will create mustard gas.
>>
>>74143917
I think people exaggerate how much water you need to drink on a fast. As long as your pee isn't super dark you are fine. Drink less and when you drink shove your tongue up on the roof of your mouth so your tastebuds don't get splashed. Makes it easy to drink nasty shit.
>>
>>74134695
Wanted to do a 10 day fast, but thinking of pushing it to 14 days. Depends on how I feel in the following days.
>>
>>74145129
dropped pic.
>>
>>74145129
Nice. I just started my fast. Ate a bit too much today but who cares, after fasting for tomorrow I have fixed that plus some.
>>
>>74143917
I think it tastes whatever. I gave some to my friend for his fast and he said it reminds him of when he drank his own piss kek. Just try either halving the ingredients or doubling the water to make the taste less intense.
>>
I don't lose weight when I fast -- and my fasting is seriously just water and electrolytes.
I'm just hungry for five days and my glutes get really sore.
>>
>>74145906
>I don't lose weight when I fast
Get a load of this guy breaking the laws of thermodynamics.
>>
>>74145978
Hey man I weighed myself before and after and nothing changed. I can't explain it either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>74145906
The last 2 weeks of doing a 72hr+ fasts I’ve had a groin / thigh strain
>>
>>74143856
Just take protein powder instead
>>
>>74139488
You don't even switch to using ketones until 3 days in. The first 24 hours you burn liver glycogen, day 2-3 you are burning mostly muscle. Idk why everyone here insists on doing these 72 hour fasts when you are losing no weight and instead doing damage to your body. It really makes zero sense.
>>
File: 1714263305803.jpg (3.66 MB, 3072x4096)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB JPG
OMAD bros, what did you have today?
>>
>>74133989
the most retarded thing I've read all week , good job
>>
>>74138941
good progress, keep it up
>>
>>74147059
looks fucking incredible god damn
>>
For me, nicotine and diet coke, simple as
>>
Eating disorder thread.
>>
Even with only a 36 hour fast I've noticed how I break it actually seems to matter.
Last week I tried to break my fast with an egg white omelette and I was so low energy the whole day - I felt miserable.
Today I broke it with a bacon egg steak potato hash and I feel fucking great today.
I know you should focus on high protein easily digestible ingredients but I was under the assumption that logic generally applied to longer fasts.
Anyone else notice something like this?
>>
File: 1712592525613561.jpg (119 KB, 1080x763)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Day 90 of my fast, boys...
I'll probably need 30 more to see abs though, fugg
>>
>>74148278
Damn you're still going? Thought you said you were almost done a few weeks ago? Did you decide to keep going even further?
>>
File: 1712876785172251.jpg (98 KB, 750x1000)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>74148291
I thought I was almost done, but my love handles say otherwise
>>
>>74148299
You're a demon, I don't know how you do it. 3 months is insane. Do you even feel hunger anymore?
>>
First day of a three day fast.
This is the first time I've ever tried fasting, and I decided to go cold turkey with nothing but water and coffee. It went surprisingly well; I didn't have any hunger pangs and I managed to resist temptation as well. Hopefully the next few days go just as smoothly.
>>
>>74148330
Yeah, for a few minutes a day my tummy rumbles.
The rest of the time I feel fine, provided I have electrolytes in me
>>
File: 168.jpg (142 KB, 1024x993)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
Gonna dry fast for 36 hours. Will I die?
>>
>>74147824
>stopped drinking out of plastic bottles because of the microplastics jew
>found out that even the cans have a plastic lining inside
>no places nearby sell diet coke in glass bottles
Think I'm done with aspartame
>>
>>74148464
Yes
But it'll be fun
>>
>>74147644
Where else will you get the protein from in that 16 hours other than muscle?
>>
>>74148556
Do you have an alarm or something to wake you up at night so you can eat to not lose any muscle?
I would be so fucking pissed if I had to keep getting up every hour or two to eat instead of sleeping a full nights sleep.
>>
>>74148176
breaking any fast longer than 24hrs can make you lethargic, I'm not really effected by fasts that short but I get wiped out at 60+ hours if I eat the wrong thing. Varies from person to person.
>>
>>74148357
any loose skin?
>>
Remember to bench press on every day you eat
>>
>>74148577
>he doesn't napmaxx
ngmi rip your gains senpai
>>
File: pepe4.jpg (56 KB, 647x567)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>74148577
>Do you have an alarm or something to wake you up at night so you can eat to not lose any muscle?
Yes. Do you not?
>>
>>74146921
Do you by a chance have a mental disabilities of any kind? What you're implying is that one can literally eat two oranges every 3 days (it completely restores your glycogen levels) and never lose a pound? Then I guess it was some black magic that made me get to full rack of abs within 2 months and those rolling 48-72s weren't even necessary.
>>
>>74148667
Yeah, people act as if your body cant use both at glycogen and fat for energy at the same time.
A lot of weird stuff floating around the internet that people latch onto and then believe in like its the word of god or something, especially when their favorite e-celeb says it in a youtube video.
>>
>>74148667
>one can literally eat two oranges every 3 days (it completely restores your glycogen levels)
Your liver alone requires 100g of glycogen. 2 oranges every 3 days would give you 3g of sugar per day, or less than 2 minutes of exercise.
>>
>>74148176
Both seem rather hard to digest
>>
>>74133782
stop counting calories you utter cretin
you arent a fucking bomb calorimeter and vastly under-eating will cause you long term problems
>>
>>74148176
I tried breaking a 30 day fast "properly" with some bone broth. Hated the taste so I just had some apple sauce and an egg. The second day I had bacon and toast. The third day I was basically back to eating normally. I was told things like "you should eat salad and broth for a week or you will be in pain" but I mostly ignored that and felt fine.
>>
>>74148821
Have you tried eating 2 oranges after 3 day fast? If not, please, for the love of God, shut the fuck up. You have never ever done a single fast and you act like you know something arguing with a guy who lives on fasts for months and has perfect insight on how body reacts to things. I'd suggest you stop posting and go for a 3 day fast and then eat two oranges, 3 eggs, 100g of bacon and a bit of cheese and report your results. Until then anything you say has no real world weight
>>
>>74148794
Yeah, some people here are dumb as fuck and I don't even know why the fuck they're here. We have 15-20 coombait threads a day where they can hang around and talk about their dap addiction but somehow those containment threads are having spillovers and motherfuckers like that curry muncher are coming here.
He thinks you fill up your glycogen reserves every time you eat, which is 100g in liver and 500g in skeletal muscle (600g combined) which would force you to eat 1.2kg of rice (dry, before boiling) every 3 days alone to restore it. Then proteins and fats in amounts you'd probably throw up halfway there. He doesn't understand how "reserves" work. I guess he doesn't even know how is it possible to charge his phone up to 20% and then unplug it. He does everything to 100%. He can't embrace the idea that we (people doing fasts) are not reaching those 100% during our fasts and our glycogen reserves are running dry really quickly. We're entering ketosis within 12-36h each time we do rolling fasts with refeed days in-between. The motherfucker is unhinged.
>>
>>74148897
>"you should eat salad and broth for a week or you will be in pain"
Unless youre used to OMAD, if you eat something like a giant steak with tons of carbs on the side then yeah youll probably feel like shit for a few hours or at worst get some digestive issues for a bit. You can break your fast with easy stuff like the stuff you ate and then the next meal can be a normal sized meal. I can imagine if its a 30 day fast then yeah maybe your digestive system needs time to wake up , but it doesnt take that long and don't need to go easy for a week unless you are a skelly that went into starvation mode.
>>
>>74141040
I'm keen to join one, it's lonely fasting by yourself

I've signed up using a fake name and photo so yeah can do it anonymously
>>
>>74149491
I made one but it's public and I can't turn it to private, should I have made it private instead?

https://lifefastingtracker.app.link/1J74LDxaaJb
>>
>>74148464
Been dry fasting for 3 and a half days now. I did cheat and have a tiny sip of water yesterday though. Honestly it's not been as bad as I thought it would be. Only did it because I drank too much water before and was pissing clear every other hour. Now my urine is getting dark again going to start drinking water again tomorrow.
>>
>>74148478
Based, drink carbonated water. It's way better than diet soda. Get Tapo Chico, San Pelligrino or Gerolsteiner it's super fizzy and comes in glass bottles.
>>
>>74148556
From your moms gaping pussy usually. Sometimes your dad steps in if she isn't available.
>>
>>74146921
>Idk why everyone here insists on doing these 72 hour fasts when you are losing no weight
I've already lost four pounds after 32 hours, so get bent.
>>
Okay /fast/ I have a bit of a problem. I have been fasting for nearly 2 years now off and on to cut weight on occasion. Rolling 48s were easy, occasional 72. I did my first 96 hour fast about a week and a half ago and now my testosterone is completely fucked. I have zero sex drive, don't ever think about sex, whereas before it was a constant. This is 100% related to testosterone, and fasting cratered it.

It's happened before and it came back after 2 days of eating normally and going to the gym, no such luck this time. Thoughts?
>>
>>74150836
Your penis is going to fall off. Sorry bro it's a risk, probably best to just transition now.
>>
>>74150836
Use this to your advantage and work on yourself in other ways besides jelqing.
>>
Fasting stresses your body and reduces life span
>>
>>74150892
Lifting stresses your body and reduces lifespan.
Working hard stresses yuor body and reduces lifespan
adrenaline stresses your body and reduces lifespan
running marathons stresses your body and reduces lifespan
>>
>>74150928
Correct. Playing vidya is healthier than stressing your body
>>
>>74150935
playing vidya increases cortisol and thereby stresses your body and thereby7 reduces lifespan
>>
When you're fasting, are you supposed to have body chills/sensations like when you're sick with a cold and your body is trying to heal itself or whatever?
>>
>>74148591
Not yet
>>
Is it better to eat carnivore everyday or to eat normal then fast for 2 days?
>>
I lost 12 kgs since start of February doing rolling 48s, starting at 120 kgs. I cant help but feel im going too slow and maybe overeating on refeeding days. Am I losing weight too slowly?

bc this dude lost 13 kgs in a month like how>>74138941
>>
>>74152432
>maybe overeating on refeeding days.
Log down everything you eat and count the calories. Its really easy to over eat esp when you have fasted for multiple days. Dunno if you have lost too slow or fast, are you satisfied with the speed of weight loss?
>>
>>74152465
I do eat junk food on off days, I thought mathematically it evens out even if I eat like 3000 kcal on a cheat day.

It has been pretty good so far, but I was expecting to keep up 5 kg a month. Maybe that was unrealistic. My goal was to be at most 85 kg next January, 75 ideally
>>
>>74152528
Doesnt matter what you eat, the more you consume the slower the weight loss. I also eat quite a bit of junk and other crap but I do keep a really close eye on the calories. Maybe start doing longer fasts? I try to do at least a 3 day fast before eating.
>>
>>74152558
I did a 3 day a couple times, its doable, but I heard doing 72 hours regularly is bad for your health, I probably wouldnt do it without checking with a doctor. Is 72 hrs safe on the regular?
>>
>>74152600
Really? If you are that worried then why the fuck are you doing rollling 48s? Theres a dude on this thread that has been fasting for multiple months, >>74148278
I have been doing almost rolling 3-4 day fasts with 1-3 days of eating for couple of months now.
>>
>>74152623
Because the consensus seems to be that 48s are less likely to lead to malnutrition than 72s. Plus I need to function at work, which is hard on day 3
>>
>>74152679
>malnutrition
You aren't going to die from not eating for a few days fatty. Stop drinking the HAES koolaid.
>>
>>74151182
your supposed to feel great. eat a well balanced 1200 calorie meal and start over.
>>
>>74137478
those noises are your gut moving shit around. your stomach doesn't actually growl at all. it only seems that way because those noises are louder when you have an empty stomach.
>>
>>74150892
burning calories stresses the body more
>>
>>74153361
I felt fine when I started yesterday; I'm a little over halfway through day two. I was planning on three days, but I think I'll cut it off tonight and eat something in the morning.
Maybe I'll wake up early and cook the salmon I bought.
>>
File: 1692645343558403.jpg (498 KB, 2000x2000)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
Would this break a fast? Turmeric Curcumin
>>
>>74134830
hey, for dry fasts, what do you do about brushing your teeth and all that? i remember seeing a resource posted here about all the ins and outs, but i've since lost it.
and i remember something about showers? taking longer showers? please help... i swear i've tried looking it up but i'm retarded so i can't find what i'm looking for. would greatly appreciate the help. thanks (and really great job btw)
>>
>>74153653
There are soft and hard dry fasts
Soft dry fast means you can brush/rinse your teeth, have fast showers or even a bath if you feel so. Skin can absorb some of the water so it could set you back a little (I'm not worried about that).
Hard dry fast is going balls deep into not touching any water source. Basically just laying in your bed.
There's a death dry fast too, which is meant only for people who have done many dry fasts before. That's when you do hard dry fast and implement light cardio or even sauna, to swat out even more liquid (absolutely not recommended for beginners).
I usually do soft dry fast or hybrid fasts where I have a sip of water here and there few times a day or just rinse my mouth with water if it becomes too dry. As long as I lose more water than I get out of my body.
Definitely start with the soft one and see how you feel
>>
>>74153963
thank you so much. especially for the soft vs hard dry fasts explanation, i assumed (and saw online) that dry fasting in and of itself IS the hard fast lol, water fasting's the softie.... but i get it now. i'll start with a soft dry fast and see if i can maybe transition into the hybrid/hard eventually. thanks a ton :)
>when i search hard vs soft dry fasting, actually relevant information pops up
literally can't say thanks enough lol. holy shit i've been wandering online for an hour. tytyty
>>
>>74149095
Amazing head canon, you massive faggot
>>
>>74154301
Hard dry fasting is a huge meme, you are missing the forest for the trees. If you think brushing your teeth or taking a shower has any measurable effect on anything you aren't using the thinking part of your brain. You need to worry about the broad strokes, not this hyper autism stuff.
>>
>>74154489
>you aren't using the thinking part of your brain
ouch! but thank you either way, you are right, i do realize the water intake of soft dry fasting would be negligible. better to focus on the big picture than worry about the little things that'll make no genuine difference. thanks again
>>
>>74154573
Sorry not trying to be mean, just see too many people get hung up on the little details and forget that this is a journey and it's about getting new reasonable lifelong good habits.
>>
>>74154589
no worries! thanks again, good luck with your fasting
>>
>>74151182
Your body is shifting energy from heating itself up and keeping your warm to converting(burning) fat into water. Just drink some green tea and put some thick socks on if its an issue.
>>
bro like just dont eat lmao thats it why are you asking so many questions? Just drink black coffee and maybe a diet coke thats it lol
>>
>>74150892
Good
I hate living
>>
>>74154979
That's relatively good to know. I've pretty much just been coping with it all day though. Sometimes it's concerning to me, other times it isn't.
Also, I take it that converting fat to water is why people will go on dry fasts; I wasn't sure what that was about.
>>
Halfway through day 6 of water fasting. Work is such a slog today, the lightheadedness won't alleviate. I wonder if it due to low blood pressure, I quit cigarettes cold turkey 6 days ago, that's why I'm fasting. It is working, I've only thought about cigarettes a few times where as I think about food much more. The thing about the low blood pressure, though, I used to crew helicopters at high altitudes so I'm pretty familiar with how hypoxia feels, and this feels quite a bit the same. Also don't worry I am 31.9 BMI so I'm not worried about having enough fat to keep me going. Also mornings are the fucking worst, I wake up so hungry, and even just drinking water makes me nauseous. I'll check back in on Wednesday if I decide to continue after day 7. I'm never doing this again.
>>
>>74155869
Quitting smoking and doing a week long fast is a bit much. It's good you are doing this but you shouldn't let it turn you off from the benefits of fasting. There's no reason you can't do smaller 2-3 day fasts. The first ones are always the hardest, especially if you haven't been keeping up with vitamins and electrolytes. That is probably the reason you are feeling so bad on top of the withdrawls from smoking.
I suggest you cut your fast tomorrow, take a week to recover and eat less then try another shorter fast the week after.
>>
>>74155919
I want to try to make it atleast to Wednesday, that will be 8 days, depending on how I feel tomorrow I might break my fast. I've done OMAD pretty regularly before but not multiple day fasts, also you're definitely right about the vitamins and electrolytes. I've been getting absolutely none of those. I did have a green tea today, though, just because I'm tired of the taste of my own mouth. It made me feel slightly better but it could just be the caffeine. Anyways, thanks for the advice.
>>
Hoo boy, 3 days of eating and Im up 6kg.
Thankfully its mostly just water weight I will be pissing and shit I will be shitting out but I did have a bad day yesterday and binged some, endless weekends alone really take a toll on you.
Oh well, cant do shit but pick myself up and keep on going, in the end the actual fat gained is probably quite a small amount that will most likely be fixed by one day of fasting.
>>
File: g zero.jpg (47 KB, 602x470)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Anyone else drink G Zero or Powerade Zero while fasting? Yeah it's a massive 5-10 calories, but just dumping sodium/potassium into a cup of water and chugging it makes me want to barf. I didn't get used to it, it actually got worse with each passing day. I have one in the morning and one in the evening, with a touch of extra no-salt poured in.
>>
File: file.png (508 KB, 768x768)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>>74156241
I was meaning to ask if drinking Gatorade's G Fit was a reasonable source of electrolytes before going on my fast.
>>
>>74156256
Quick browse says it gives you 230 mg of sodium and 75 mg of potassium. Not a lot. You'd need like 3 a day to not feel light headed, maybe 4 if you want to be active. Of course, you can add a bit extra to it.
>>
>>74156241
>>74156256
Are you actually fasting for long enough to need the electrolytes? I just take a straight pinch of salt every now and then when I get to over 3 days.
But if those gatorades help you continue fasting, then I would probably take em? Some people might call it dirty fasting or whatever, but I do drink my coffee with milk for example.
If they really ramp up your hunger then you might want to reconsider, occasional hunger might be fine to ignore but if it is constant it might become a problem.
>>
>>74156285
If you just want to get weight loss over and done with, "dirty" fasting for a week or two is a fine way to do it, assuming you don't have the strength to just lick salt. Water, tea, black coffee, diet coke, zero cal energy drinks, vitamins with some taste to them, it's not gonna kick you of ketosis.
>>
>>74156312
Yep, thats what I do as well.
Some people I have talked about fasting have really started to foam at their fucking mouth when you even consider consuming diet sodas etc. like "clean" fasting is the only thing you can do. Only thing one should be careful about "dirty" fasting is if the thing you are consuming will ramp up your hunger to unmanageable levels, imo.
>>
You haven't eaten after 6pm, right?
>>
>>74156312
The only time I wouldn't do this is if you want to "reset" your taste buds. Having a taste for diet coke and liking goyslop are two circles almost completely overlapping on the venn diagram.
>>
24 hour dry fast completed. Only feel a little bit dogshit. Maybe I'll push for 48.
>>
>>74135081
how is the loose skin situation
>>
>>74156329
Un my 2 months of constant rolling fasts, countless research articles, and days long video material combined I've come to conclusion (subjective ofc) that some people (in videos) are trying to make it as a cult instead of a journey. You can easily break a fast with only fats and proteins without falling out of ketosis, your body doesn't know the difference between fat eaten and your own fat and ketosis will continue. Sugar free drink here or there won't kick you out of ketosis (but can increase hunger), you don't need any electrolytes up until day 5 and even then it's not that big of a difference if you haven't crossed 15% bf mark when you really fight against your body on a whole different level. Coffee with milk isn't bad if you need it. Having a sip of water if you really need it on soft dry fast won't kill the gains (you'll just piss it out within an hour). And many more small quality of life nuances. To put it simple- if you're still losing weight, just go for it. Fasting shouldn't be an expensive you hate and wouldn't do after you'll get where you want to be or fix what you need to fix. It should be a pleasant experience and something you would like to integrate in your lifestyle. I hate how some YouTubers or doctors are turning it into some schizo cult, adding religious aspect to it, or pushing their specific diet as it would be the only way (vegan, carnivore, you name it). The main goal o fasting was always weight control and body healing.
>>
>>74133753
How do I even start into fasting when I can't get the hunger off for just a few hours? Its most difficult at night when I can go two straight days without sleeping if I don't eat.
Things I tried:
>6-8 coffee cups a day
>cigarettes
>working out
>work
>videogames (most successful)

I don't live alone so there's always food at the fridge. Got a thyroid problem and a ridiculous 1100 TDE that I could barely keep at bay at my 20s with lots of running, but with busted knees at my 30s that shit just keeps getting worse.
What do?
>>
>>74156942
>The main goal o fasting was always weight control and body healing.
Agreed, tho I would remove the body healing part as well. Such claims would need far more studies for me to really accept, even if I have personally had positive effects from fasting health wise. All the talk about autophagy and other stuff like that is in my opinion just a nice bonus if they even do anything noticeable.
>>
>>74156955
Have you tried a low/now carb diet so that you are in ketosis before fasting? Carb withdrawal can be annoying, tho for me I mostly power through it so I eat whatever I want on my refeeds. Might have to try going low carb or meat only for a bit to see how I respond tho.
>>
>>74156955
Tell everyone around you, you need a week off from them so they should chip in some money. Book a cabin in woods or some small apartment for a week or two if you need to go to you job and live alone for some time just to get over this hunger. When you start fasting, it's normal to feel hungry after few hours. Your body needs to adapt. We all went through this phase. Just try to get some help from people who surround you on everyday basis.
>>
>>74133753
Figured out how to down snake juice, i have to pour a shot from the 2L into another 2 cups of water, and hold my nose while drinking it.
I think being a supertaster is a curse, it doesn't noticably improve good food but it clearly makes bad food worse.
>>
can someone please just explain the electrolytes like im a fucking child retard please answer the following im begging
>how long into a fast do you need to start taking electrolytes?
>if after 24 hours or more, when roughly?
>how often do you need to take them going forward from that point (once a day for example? if doing a three day fast)
>what exactly am i buying? (uk here)
>if an electrolyte pack which are good?
>if individual ingredients exactly where do i get these?
>how much water should i be taking with them / how much water should i be drinking daily
no one ever answers this clearly please
>>
can i harm myself chewing gums when i feel hungry? i've been doing it a lot lately, like 2-3 packs of orbit per day
>>
>>74157467
>>how long into a fast do you need to start taking electrolytes?
You can not take electrolytes at all. They help allviate some negative symptoms that MIGHT occur during a fast, but some people opt out of taking them just fine. Likewise, there is no harm in taking electrolytes on day 1.
>>if after 24 hours or more, when roughly?
Take them at any time, but some here say that you don't need them until day 3.
>>how often do you need to take them going forward from that point (once a day for example? if doing a three day fast)
If were talking snake juice, then about 1.5L a day taken through frequent sipping throughout the day. Don't just down in all in a single sitting since youll end up pissing it out half an hour later.
>>what exactly am i buying? (uk here)
You can buy official snake juice or make some of your own. OP for the thread didnt put the pasta so just look at the last thread for the ingredients.
>>if an electrolyte pack which are good?
I think the general consensus is that artificially sweetened electrolytes will break your fast tho some anons will drink it anyways. Just take snake juice or just some salt and potassium(No Salt)
>>if individual ingredients exactly where do i get these?
The store or online, idk Im about to go to bed go search the archive for the ingredients then look it up.
>>how much water should i be taking with them / how much water should i be drinking daily
500ml of water per serving of snake juice up to 3 times daily which equates to 1.5L a day. In total amount of water per day it should be 3L but I doubt that will be exact for everyone, so aim for about 3L of frequent sips throughout the day and see if you feel like you need more than that after. Ive personally watered down the snake juice for a liter or so if I want to vary my intake for the hell of it.

Again yeah OP didnt put the pasta so go find an old thread that has ingredients and you can find where to buy them.
>>
>>74157525
Thanks very much I appreciate the help
>>
>>74157510
that adds up to significant calories. just eat a pickle or some broth if you need to
>>
Aw fucj I can't believe I've done this. I broke my fast at dinner, a few hours ago. Had an egg, a chicken breast and some spinach with a vinegar sauce. Now I feel absolutely terrible, I'm so close to throwing up but I'm forcing myself to keep it down, my heart is racing while I'm just laying down on my bed, stomach feels like there's razor wire in it. Is it food allergies I didn't know I had, but now exacerbated due to the fast? I fasted for 6 days total. Should I just go throw up or keep it down?
>>
>>74158093
You ate too much and food was too "heavy" for you. Next time try some broth or couple oranges before overwhelming your digestive system with lots of proteins in their raw form. Not that they're bad (I mostly eat fats and proteins) but it can be too hard to digest after such a long time. People who go on month long fasts sometimes are slurping bone broth for a week to slowly rev up their digestive system.
>>
Ending my fast after 48 hours or so. Can't say I felt the best, but I did at least cut about five pounds. Hopefully I can recomp from here.

For breakfast, I had six eggs. Hopefully that's light enough for my body to handle before pushing it back to normal.
>>
>>74158199
Okay thankyou. I managed to keep the food down and I'm starting to feel better. I'll go with some broth next time I break my fast. Will probably be resuming my fast starting tomorrow, as even the thought of eating has my stomach turning.
>>
>>74156956
Fasting triggers organ repair on a cellular level. That part is pretty well documented, but like any repair mechanism it is slow as fuck
>>
>>74157467
I do 72 hours regularly without electrolytes and Im always fine, even if I lift. It's really not an issue. Your strength takes a small hit regardless but that's normal. You should start supplementing with electrolytes after you get past 72 hours, or if you are feeling crazy hungry/a little bit "off" it's your body wanting electrolytes more than food really
>>
>>741582T0
Your 48 hour fast was about 1.2 lbs lost. the rest is water weight. breaking your fast with 6 eggs is a bit much. Next time just have 1 hard or soft boiled egg and wait a couple hours before eating more. You have to break your body back into the rhythm of producing digestive juices and get your hormones slowly back up. If you break with carbs your insulin goes through the roof, which obviously is not good.
>>
Oops this: >>74158479 was directed to: >>74158210
>>
>>74157467
>no one ever answers this clearly please
The answer is that bodies are incredibly good at keeping electrolytes in a very narrow range so you really do not need to worry about them unless youre doing a super long fast
>>
>>74158479
Not the same anon but now I'm realizing why I felt so terrible was because of no electrolytes through my 6 days fast. Unfortunately I travel for work full time and I'm currently in Japan and I don't really have access to electrolytes that aren't mixed with sugar or food. Does regular table salt work? I could buy some from the 711. There's also dried and salted kelp I see at convenience stores, would that work? Probably not enough calories in it to "break" the fast. I really want to try going longer than 6 days next time.
>>
>>74140912
Inthink my body is the same from drinking. 5 years ago I visited /fast/ religiously, back when that guy constantly screamed in caps, and lost 35 pounds. I put it all back on during COVID and am ready to begin again.
>>
>>74158479
Whoops.
Well, this is still my first time fasting. I'll have to ask more questions ahead of time if/when I do this again.
>>
>stop fasting to see friends on the weekend
>gain 5lbs
>waistline continued getting smaller anyway
people are legit retarded if they think fast loss is going to be as consistent as watching your gas gauge decrease while you're driving.
>>74157467
>can someone please just explain the electrolytes like im a fucking child
Electrolytes are used by athletes for long intense activities like playing an entire football game or a marathon run where you're sweating out shit faster than you can replenish it. You will not consume your electrolytes like that fasting over a few days unless you decide to run 10Ks. I've done 2 months of water fasting with eating days every 3 days or so with barely any electrolyte supplementation at all. My blood is in range but on the lower end.
>>74158093
>I fasted for 6 days total
You have to baby yourself after you fast that long. You can't break it with a real meal. When I broke 6 day fasts something like a single banana or a protein shake went through ok then I'd wait at least an hour before I introduced more food. hell, even with a 4 day when I broke a fast with a waffle egg and bacon sandwich i instantly barfed then just ate the hashbrowns since the potatoes felt like they went down OK.
>>
>>74148278
... Wut?

Dude are you "fasting", or are you fasting for 90 days for real?
>>
>>74158551
Read up on snake juice, there are 3 salts you want, sodium, magnesium, and potassium salts
>>
>>74133753
Not eating breakfast will make you weaker and fatter
>>
Whoo boy, 3h/18km of walking in total today to compliment my fast. I was going to go for 4 hours today but fuck it, 3h is more than enough jesus christ. Man walking is fucking awesome during fasting, doesnt ramp up my hunger at all, even when I have walked for so much today.
>>
>>74159265
every meal is breakfast in /fast/
>>
File: R-145.png (89 KB, 660x574)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>74156955
>working out while fasting
Why would you do this?
>>
>>74160421
you need to at least walk and do light calis or you will lose muscle.
>>
>>74160438
How are you going to recover after exercise without any protein?
>>
>>74160502
smoke weed and take a nap. not trying to build, only keep your body from eating the parts you dont want it to
>>
If I have a cup of bone broth at the end of day 13 (8 hours from now), would you consider that fast ended or would you keep the count going?

I know it's technically breaking the fast, but I also know some people use broth to supplement their fasts. Looking for opinions.

For reference it's chicken bone broth, 40 cals, 9g of protein, 0 carb, 300mg of sodium.
>>
>>74160546
thats breakfast but youre only cheating yourself. will still be effective and its not supposed to be torture (unless youre doing some sort of spiritual torture fast)
>>
>>74160546
Anything containing 50+ calories is breaking the fast. But fasting is just a name for something broader and deeper here. For example drinking a bone broth will break your fast but it won't stop ketosis. As long as you don't eat or drink anything with carbs, you're not jumping out of ketosis so while theoretically you're braking the fast, technically you're still burning fat and can go another 13 days without any worries.
>>
Avoiding carbs while still eating is much more difficult than just not eating at all.
>>
>>74133753
Hello. This time I broke the fast with 1000 calories. I usually cope and eat 2000 3000 etc calories thinking I'll go straight into another fast. It's too bad I have to feel fed for a whole day now and feel like a fatty.
>>
File: 1490418514248.jpg (162 KB, 1280x960)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
Hello, I am fasting right now.
>>
>>74133753
alright those last 3 sets of 72s were just practice, now im going for full 5-7 days. i need to fit back in my pants by june, no excuses.
>>
>>74161344
i do this every time on my refeeds, i eat all my cravings so i can stay strong during the next fast, i ate a wedge of camembert cheese with slices of baguette last night and this morning, ive been bloated ever since kek
>>
>>74133753
Starting a 72 hour fast today.

Wish me luck /fast/
>>
>>74161592
you will make it
>>
>>74161352
me too
>>
>>74152432
Take brisk walk or do some kind of physical activity in the mornings to kick start metabolism for the rest of the day both when fasting and on refeed days.. Eat nothing after dinner to give yourself a clean window from evening to morning. gl hf.
>>
>>74153572
A 2 teaspoon serving of turmeric (the amount typically added to recipes or drinks) contains:

Calories: 19
Protein: 0.6 grams
Fat: 0.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Fiber: 1.4 grams
Sugar: 0.2 grams

It would break an orthodox water fast but it wouldn't give you a significant insulin response so I guess it's fine.
>>
>>74162508
whole milk is 12 carbs per cup
>>
>>74161333
>Wasted trips
Meat, eggs, cheese and milk. You can literally eat 2k kcal and still be in ketosis. How fucking damaged are you if you can't have a day without a snickers bar?
>>
>>74162531
Anything below 50-70kcal won't give you enough of insulin response to kick you out of ketosis. Right now you're just coping
>>
Does fasting reduce gag reflex? My boyfriend says I can deepthroat so much better since I started fasting. 72h rolling water fasts btw
>>
>>74149095
>Get headache
>Eat
>Still have headache
God dammit
>>
Le sigh. Failed my 72 again, around the 45 mark. Did the fast/binge thing again. I think it was the cheat pickle’s fault.

I wanted to take a nap and figured maybe a cheat pickle would help me out. It just led to a binge.
>>
>>74163051
>binge
you're not cut out for water fasting
>>
I need to lose 40Ibs by July. I'm 223Ibs. 5'10. what the fuck do I do?
>>
>>74163133
Water fast until July. Make sure you keep up with electrolytes or you WILL fail.
>>
>>74163068
Yahyah. Suck my dick.

Lost a ton of weight with rolling 48s. Just got to become comfortable with 72s and lifting simultaneously.

There’s a certain learning curve that comes with transitioning from being a fat fuckus to fasting. One doesn’t throw the whole thing away based off of one failure. In the meantime, gargle my nutsack and tongue my butthole.
>>
>>74163152
no routine? just straight water everyday?
>>
>>74163154
>One doesn’t throw the whole thing away based off of one failure
Makes sense for people with normal brains, bingers binge failure
>>
File: IMG_3269.jpg (298 KB, 1170x1915)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>74133753
finally a good fucking thread , anyone wanna fast with me ?
>>
>>74163175
>bingers binge failure
That almost sounds like something useful, but then you had to use retarded word choice to craft the perfect zinger instead of actually communicating meaning.
>>
>>74163051
what did you binge on ?
>>
>>74163209
>Let me have a pickle so I can go to sleep. Cheat my first 72 cycle.
>Actually, let me just go ahead and eat something with protein content. I’m probably so hungry from lifting for the first time in a while (Vienna Sausages, lmao).
>Your fast is broken now, might as well just eat whatever’s around to make ~1.5k calories (Fruity Pebbles, Ritz Crackers, a Nutty Buddy).
This is the point where I wasn’t really even hungry anymore
>Now everything’s proper fucked. Go get a Big Mac and start over another day.

Sort of painful to type out, to be honest. I use one failure to rationalize more. Mindset of a fat fuck, I suppose, but I must beat it.
>>
>>74163288
Also, I’m not sure why these rolling 72s feel so much harder now. It has to be a mental thing. I’ve done plenty of three-day fasts when I knew it was more of a one-off thing. Fell just short of a five-day at my longest.
>>
File: todo.jpg (129 KB, 1280x1280)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>74163288
fuuny that we always have multiple chances of stopping and "saving the day" but still go to the point where all the past efforts are nullified
stopped after the pickle, perfect, stop after the vienna sausages still good who knows maybe some protein was a good call, stop after the 1.5k still good, still losing weight but nah get a big mac
the worst in this is that the efforts you make are wasted and you just have to go through that suffering again even though the pleasure you got binging was no where near equivalent to that suffering
>>
>>74162544
>>74162508
You're being kind of stupid.
Yeah, all those foods you listed are great but knowing what to eat isn't where the difficulty comes from. I live with others; I have a family. No-carb means now we have to prepare a special meal just for me with no carbs. Now whenever I buy jerky or cheese I have to consider how much extra bullshit they add in there. Or I have to make a special trip to that special place that sells local organic no-nonsense real food.

vs. just don't eat for a week

Which one is easier?????? Gosh it's a mystery
>>
genuine question. how much weight are you guys trying to lose doing 24 48 plus hour fasts
>>
>>74163320
Thanks for empathizing. I’ll screencap this.

I guess, really, the trip to McDonald’s is what I’m ashamed of. I didn’t even really want it. I just wanted to get it in while things were already “fucked”. It’s this retarded perfectionist mindset that I tend to have about a lot of things. Either things can be perfect or they can be fucked. There isn’t anything else.

That said, all there is for me to do is to stay the course. Part of me wants to consider going back down to rolling 48s or even three meals a day as a response to this. But I feel, in a way, that this feeds the underlying issue. It seems unwise to throw away the program I decided on due to an early failure. It seems like the same mistake on a larger scale.

I’m hoping that this cycle’s failure paves the way for next cycle’s success.
>>
>>74163352
The goalposts move constantly. For now, about 50 pounds. But there will be at least 20 more after that.
>>
>>74163390
Honestyle burotha I don't know your weight/goals and situation but 72hrs are really hard to keep doing consistenly, I noticed that even with 36hrs or 48hrs there's a kind of fasting fatigue that sets up, and the binges that come after are not worth it
I do have that "perfectionism' mindset you're talking about but let's be honest, it's just a way to cope and to run away from what we must do
either fasting or low carb or three meals a day is good as long as we move forward, but i think there's also a mental barrier that makes us voluntarily fuck up, because if you lose those pounds you're trying to lose anon, your whole life must change right? and what if it doesn't? what if you don't do the efforts needed to change it? what if it wasn't just that weight holding you back? i think we have that fear subconsciouly
>>
>>74133753
I lost 30 lbs thanks to consistent rolling 48hr fasting + brisk walks, but I recently crept back up by 5 lbs and have gotten lazy. How can I get back into the swing of things and not be tempted to start eating like a dumpster again?
>>
>>74163463
I’m going to give 72s a few more tries before I give it up. At the very least, it’ll make 48s feel like light work if I decide to drop back down.
>>
>>74163160
Do some walking and light excercise. If you over do it you'll feel like you're dying. Your muscles will atrophy over such a long fast anyways its kinda of pointless trying to save them.
>>
>>74133753
My sister found my notebook with day by day calorie/macro logs and body weights for the last 4 months and now my parents insisting I'm anorexic.
>>
>>74163160
sprinkle some nosalt and baking soda in there sometimes.
but youre probably going to need to excercise too. you need to average a defecit of about 2400 calories a day to drop 40 by July 1.
>>
At my corner grocery stores, it's called "Nu Salt"
>>
File: 1709598304569171.png (729 KB, 1500x1450)
729 KB
729 KB PNG
>>74163464
Just fast. Whether or not temptation comes back, just start fasting to offset at least some of it. Just don't use it as an excuse.
>>74163541
Start writing in you notebook "my sister is a big fat cunt and she better watch her back" and deal with it. See pic related and tell them to mind their own business. Ive told my mom and even though shes worried, there's nothing she can do about it. Unless your family is going to force food down your throat or if you really are just some 15 year old girl they can send away to anorexia camp, then they can keep nagging you about it. If you really do care that much then do your refeeds in front of them
>>
>>74148278
any stats or photos? that's insane man, just how fat are you?
>>
>>74133981
Plz and Ty daddy
>>
Aight, this month will be an experiment of sorts. Will be bulking up on FAT during my refeeds with cheapest slop I can find to save on money, finally was able to pay couple loans off but that meant I have already used almost all of my money for this month.
Will be interesting to see how things go, even if I really pack on the calories Im almost certain I will lose weight since I will probably only eat once or maybe twice a week, or at the very least just maintain my current weight, which Im fine with.
>>
>>74133981
If you dont make a new thread today Im going to make the OP even shittier. These /fast/ threads really arent that fast so you get to look at it for another week.
>>
I sleep 12 hours a day when fasting

I am become sleepy, goer to bed
>>
>>74164442
>I sleep 12 hours a day when fasting
Nice, I usually sleep pretty good for the first 2-3 nights but after that I keep waking up at night.
>>
New bread
>>>74164522

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.