[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
I work 7 hours a day in an IT company. I work sitting at a desk and basically only find myself standing during my lunch break and after 7pm... Today, I found myself talking to a colleague about the problems I often have at work, mentioning the fact that I often and my hands often go numb and my right hand becomes very cold and almost loses sensitivity

>have you tried working at a desk while standing? It promotes circulation and improves posture you know?

Now, is what I was told a meme that clearly came out of family guy or is it true?
>>
Spread the leanpill meme
So i can be the only guy thats big and jacked
>>
Standing desk, no. You're going to get fatigued standing for 8hrs straight and give up.

Exercise outside of work time is recommended to strengthen your posture and circulatory system.
Use your sitting time as a way to recover from your workouts and you'll be feeling good in a matter of weeks
>>
>>74134825
In the office we have adjustable desks and I have never raised it... The colleague suggested alternating sitting and standing phases. He says he alternates as soon as his lower back feels sore...
What do you think?
In any case, how can I improve my circulatory system?
>>
>>74134790
You just need to get up every hour and move around a bit.
>>
File: 20240426_100145.jpg (62 KB, 1169x1024)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>74134790
If you have a pull-up bar somewhere then you can use it. Just hanging realxed stretches your arm's nerves and upper back muscles excellently. No need to hang for more than 30 seconds 2-3 times a day. You might also have your circulation blocked by your lats or fat if your posture sucks.
You could also try lifting.
>>
>>74134790
I work as a programmer and I spend about 50% of my time standing. Actually, I'm standing at my desk right now.
>>
>>74134790
I heard that sitting was bad for you.
At my work, I try to stand too cause I have a standing desk.
It's pretty helpful.
That said, there are days where you dont wanna get up and I just sit for 8 hours minus breaks.
>>
>>74134790
You're resting your elbow or forearm on the edge of the table or something and cutting off circulation or something.
>>
>>74134835
If you can easily move it up and down, then I think it's a good idea to switch back and forth.
I can speak from experience that your symptoms come from extended sitting while being in poor shape.
There is the circulatory system responsible for getting blood to your limbs, which doesn't pump as efficiently when untrained.
major blood vessels like the ones in your legs and back can get restricted from the pressure of sitting. In the same way you can kink a garden hose, blood vessels in your neck, elbows knees can also be restricted when the joint is flexed for a long period.

You can train your heart and expand your blood vessels with cardiovascular exercise, something like walking 30 minutes a day even would be a help.
The calf muscles and lower back muscles should also be considered a part of the circulatory system, as they mechanically pump blood up the legs and through the back, respectively.
The heart needs assistance from these muscles, and they get engaged when you walk, and to an extent as you shift around at the standing desk.

Ideally, you could train in ways that are far more strenuous than sitting or standing, so that these daily activities feel unbelievably comfortable and easy in comparison.
I've always thought that having strong legs and a strong back made standing feel just as comfortable as sitting, because the effort required to hold up my weight is miniscule compared to the weight I can comfortably squat or deadlift . Also my stabilizer muscles have pushed my posture over time into something more balanced and easier to keep upright.
If you have big glutes, sitting will be much less of a problem because for one, your ass isn't getting completely flattened to the bone when sitting, there's some structure. Secondly, there is a much denser network of blood vessels that have built up within the tissue.
Even a baseline level of exercise will start to return positive effects.
It's almost unfair how quickly you get it; only a few weeks or so
>>
>>74135046
And regarding food, can there be something that helps?
>>
>>74134790
Hello fellow IT worker. It is I, the government-designated, out of place fit sperg that has to work in every IT office.
Standing desks are very useful, alternate between standing and sitting and try not to worry too much about your posture.
Get a vertical mouse/different mice to cycle through the day to prevent overuse injuries.
Stretch a lot, especially your shoulders and wrists.
Drink a lot of water and try not to drink too much coffee/tea.
Supplement with MSM.
>>
>hands often go numb and my right hand becomes very cold and almost loses sensitivity

you sit like a retard
>>
>>74134790
Are you resting your forearms or wrists against the edge of the desk?
I started losing feeling in my little fingers and ring fingers in until I found out I was damaging a nerve in my forearm by resting them against the edge of the desk.
>>
>>74134790
>I work 7 hours a day in an IT company.
are you a retard. You are supposed to become a WFH chud, which works 2-3 hours a day tops, with some all-nighters here and there. I work as an IT dev, and I have already had a work out session today. Move as much as possible, work out if you have to, it helps with thinking anyway
>>
>>74136140
I like vertical diet and recommend it for general health. In your case I think it's secondary to the exercise for now.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.