[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What kind of rice do you guys eat? I only eat parboiled. It is a little healthier at least.
>>
Those microwaveable packs from Aldis.
>>
>>74138367
healthier than what?
>>
>>74138367
I am not a bird or rodent, so I do not eat grains.
>>
>>74138381
this nigga eatin uncle ben's
>>
>>74138367
jasmine is good
parboiled is good
wild grain is good
black/"forbidden" rice is good
short grain is good
long grain is good
basmati is good
parboiled is good
>>
>>74138385
Other rice sorts
>>
>>74138430
I said parboiled twice
must be on the mind
>>
>>74138367
Basmati, cuz it's the best tasting and therefore a sustainable staple of my diet long-term.
>>
basmati mainly, sometimes couscous, wild rice and brown rice
brown keeps me fuller for longer but tastes like shit
>>
>>74138438
why is this healthier than other rice?
>>
>>74138635
https://www.webmd.com/diet/parboiled-rice-health-benefits
>>
>>74138367
>Parboiled
Enjoy your Agent Orange gains
>>
>>74138667
so you have no idea.
>>
>>74138904
did you even read what he linked buddy? its listed in bullet points for you
>>
>>74138904
>"Compared to white rice, parboiled rice has fewer calories, fewer carbohydrates, more fiber, and more protein. This makes it a healthier alternative to traditional white rice."
Dont be a lazy nigger and read the link fag
>>
>>74138635
that guys a fucking twat, cant even explain it properly
parboiled rice has more proteins, fiber and nutrients, because it is parboiled with the husk on so the grain absorbs some of the proteins,fiber and nutrients of the husk
>>
>>74138367
Trader Joe's Jasmine rice.
>>
>>74138367
jasmine because it tastes the best. sometimes basmati depending on the cuisine.

>>74138381
moron
>>74138949
>fewer calories, fewer carbohydrates
so it's good when you're cutting?
>more protein
rice protein doesn't count for shit
>>
>>74138367
Long grain white rice
>>
>>74138949
>>74140352
and why is this healthier?
>>
>>74138367
I found some very cheaper Calrose rice on clearance. It wasn't expired but at the end of the bag there were tiny bugs.
>>
After careful study of nutrition and physical anthropology I have determined the following hierarchy

sweet potatoes > potatoes > overnight oats > sourdough bread > literally any other tuber >> rice >>>>>> all the rest

Think about it.
>>
>>74141509
why would you rate rice so low?
I do think taters oats and sourdough is good too though.
>>
>>74141523
All rice has arsenic to begin with. Some has lower levels but for me this is a problem, the more I've learned about minerals. Also there is the problem associated with calcium, iron and other minerals and the phytic acid content. Rice appears to not have the same mechanisms for removing phytic acids, the process that you go through when wheat is turned into sourdough or oats are soaked doesn't remove anti-nutrients as effectively.

When you look at historical populations on the archaeological record, none with any exceptional physical stature or ability were rice enjoyers. Samurai were cool in spite of rice. Scythians and the large men of ancient Europe at fermented grains but sparingly, more opting for meat, fish and dairy. It's much the same with other powerfully built herder and.hunter populations. We also have Maori and Polynesians who reached exceptional stature eating almost none of that shit, but sweet potatoes and tropical fruits sparingly.

Also rice is just kind of shit tier. I love a good stir fry but when I think about it, it's more the ease of preparation and the flavor of everything involved that is not the stupid gay filler that is rice. Same with Spanish rice or rice in Persian, Greeks Japanese, Chinese etc food. Rice is like a buffer for sauces and oils. It's the chaff of carbs, the shit left over. Better than nothing but not by much.
>>
>>74141572
Rice will never recover from this
Seriously though I do love mr a good sweet potato, for years my dinners were sweet potato and carrot boiled together + a slan of meat. I did turn a little orange.
>>
>>74138367
I prefer the taste of jasmine, but I only eat basmati because it has a lower GI.
I've lately started eating quinoa, because my baby finds it easier to pick up and we only feed him the same foods that we eat.

>>74138381
These are great. They're so quick and easy to cook. I make my own rice when I'm meal prepping, but for just adding some carbs to a regular dinner these things are really good.
>>
>>74141572
interesting I didn't know phytic acid was a concern in anything but oats and beans.
arsenic depends on the region the rice was grown as far as I know.
I've been eating white rice as a good filler. I don't know how much I trust cheap commercial sourdough to have only the ingredients on the label though.
>>
>>74138367
Enjoy your arsenic poisoning and pesticides bro
>>
>>74141021
Protein is protein, what ya on about
>>
>>74143036
would be interesting to see this compared to other fruit and veg.
>>
>>74143036
oh no less than 1ppm Arsenic? oh no! I'd have to eat 40kgs of rice a day to be at risk for arsenic toxicity complications! oh no!
>>
>>74138367
Sticky rice is absolute kino and every other opinion is wrong. I always have sticky rice on hand.
Sticky rice can be rice, it can be a roll, it can be a tortilla. Its the dopest carb full stop
>>
>>74144121
Mah nigga.
I only eat short-grain Japanese rice. It costs 2-3x other varieties, but it's way better and it's still dirt cheap in comparison to other food so I don't care. Rice can essentially be arbitrarily expensive and it'll still be cheap.
>>
>>74141572
youre supposed to soak oats? you just said overnight oats? So you eat it raw and cold after the fridge? Or are they soaked before being sold?
>>
>>74138367
basmati
I like the smell

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.