[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000008483.jpg (3.08 MB, 3472x4624)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB JPG
I'm in my early 30s, just weighed in at 397lbs.

I've been following the sticky and ramping it up daily. I just need to know I'm not completely fucked /fit/. Is there hope to crawl back from this level of fat? Motivation and a routine are the hardest parts but if I know it's not too fucked for words I'll keep improving.

My joints are mostly fine, I don't have diabetes or thyroid issues. I am uping my protein intake quite a lot.

I'm doing a deficit between 500 and 1000 depending on the day, I'll admit sometimes when I know it's gonna be bad food later in the day I'll eat like fuck all before that.
>>
>>74206167
It is anon, I believe in you.
>>
>>74206167
If you're patient with yourself, its absolutely salvageable. It took a long time to put it on, its gonna take a long time to take it off
>>
>>74206209
It's just so hard to get a really deep groove going, that's the thing that scares the shit out of me.

Cutting out fast food and sugary coffee in the morning was a huge thing but I feel like if I slip up one fucking time I'll be back at square one. I know that's not true but it's the mental part of all this that is fucking me up. I should consider seeing a shrink or something.

>>74206205
thanks Anon, love you man
>>
>>74206167
You're literally using your body correctly and giving it the nutrition it needs. It is only possible to be less fucked. In that same vein, think about it: what is the alternative to unfucking your body? "I guess it's too late, that's why I have to eat another pizza by myself, feel bloated, and not move." That's retarded. You always have the choice to do the right thing and put in the extra effort. All this shit about millimeters of bone and the nature of humanity betray Zyzz saying that you're a fucking sick cunt if you want to be. You have one life, it's worth a shot to strive for what you want. The secret is, the people talking about bullying others or the partners that will never be don't matter
>>
>>74206222
NTA. If you do slip up once, carry on like nothing happened. If you stick to your goals then you'll be okay. In the long term, one slip up means nothing. It's continual slip ups that come together to fuck up your efforts. If you really feel like it would set you back, then adding some extra cardio or eating a little less that week is a good strategy to ease your worries
t. formerly 350lb at 5'11", now 190lb
>>
Best time to plant a tree was 7 years ago, the second best time is right now! It's never toto late anon
>>
>>74206248
I guess you're right. I love life and my weight aside I love my life, I'm just at a point where I have to actively not accidentally kill myself.

>>74206254
I know that that's right and I try to tell myself that, it's just a struggle, but what isn't in life I guess is what I should be telling myself more often.
>>
>>74206167
If you stay disciplined, it'll only take time.

As always, the best case scenario is to not be in that position in the first place. Even so, you'll be fine if you stay on it and don't give up.
>>
>>74206273
Discipline is a muscle I need to work out clearly. I'm pretty ass at it and that's what worries me so much.
>>
>>74206277
So if anyone has any advice there I'm desperate
>>
>>74206277
It's literally just staying at it day after day. You have a day where you don't want to do it and you force yourself to do it anyways. It takes time to build up that tolerance and skill. It's one of the most worthwhile things you can foster in your life
>>
>>74206370
I guess I need to just get into a routine and stick with it and set rules for myself and strive to keep them. I'm going to a gym for the first time in a long fime with a friend this week. I'm hoping that'll help me establish routine in my life
>>
File: science.jpg (77 KB, 960x815)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>74206167
I can't tell you if you'll be able to stick to it, but I can tell you that if you do stick to it, it is 100% salvageable
>>
>>74206446
>>74206167
by "it" I mean a calorie deficit. Going to the gym is nice too, but your absolute main goal should be to stay at a caloric deficit.
>>
>>74206333
look into the snake diet on youtube. sounds like it would be a good fit for your situation. all the best.
>>
>>74206451
Going to just straight 0 food for like multiple days seems like it would require way too much will power for me anon.

>>74206450
>>74206446
I'm actively trying. I have my tdee, I've got plans for like breakfast and lunch which we're when I'd eat the most and that's going well. I'd be lying if I said I don't secretly want to eat a whole fucking pizza solo again though. it's only been a few weeks and I'm hoping that feeling lessens over time
>>
File: 1679060833743989.gif (2.01 MB, 486x390)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB GIF
>>74206167
You can save yourself.
You can make it.
You can find love.
You can get a high paying job.
You can find community.
You can have children.
You can teach them to be better, even if only a little.
Make it, make it, make it, make it, make it, make it.
I will offer prayer to Jesus Christ our lord and savior that you find success and love.
Do not give up!
>>
>>74206679
I appreciate you anon and thank you for praying for me. I'm lucky enough to at least have a great paying job that lets me work from home. It's made dieting a lot easier at least.
>>
>>74206727
I hope the best for you genuinely, i know its incredibly difficult but I think you are capable of it.
>>
no
>>
>>74206167
Yes but be aware you will 100% have excess skin and stretch marks, both which can be mitigated, not solved, by cosmetic surgery
>>
>>74206735
I hope I am too anon. I've got a really good friend who's offering to help me and while I know they can't do it for me just having someone I can like talk to about it is going to make a world of difference.

I know it seems insane to like act like this is all insanely hard but it really is and I'm afraid I won't be good enough, but I have to try.

>>74206749
I'm first trying to not die by 40. When I lose weight I really want to try and build muscle tbqh. I'm prepped mentally for surgery if needed
>>
File: 1679055575711314.gif (509 KB, 1000x1000)
509 KB
509 KB GIF
>>74206757
>I hope I am too anon. I've got a really good friend who's offering to help me and while I know they can't do it for me just having someone I can like talk to about it is going to make a world of difference.
thats excellent, you are in a fantastic mindset.
>I know it seems insane to like act like this is all insanely hard but it really is and I'm afraid I won't be good enough, but I have to try.
anon its no small feat at all, why do you think everyone cheers when the obese turn it around?
We all love to see it.

Even if you are competition for other men, by being better you are also making them better. We are all one massive interlinked community so having more fatties turn it around is wonderful. You can do it, i know its hard, i know you dont think you are worth it and i know your brain's monologue is not entirely on your side yet.

One day it will be and you will be so proud, so strong, and so happy. Chase the dream anon so that you can live.
>>
>>74206757
>if needed
It will 100% be needed with your weight even with muscle gain. Once you hit the higher end of overweight to early stages of obese you should 100% expect some loose skin
>>
>>74206774
idk why it's raining inside my house anon but thank you.

>>74206785
I'll be the happiest guy in the surgeon's office anon, trust me. My goal isn't to get bitches it's to not die and not be so worried I'm dying all the time.
>>
Even if you have loose skin, stretch marks, and a skinnyfat goblin physique, the alternative is being 397lb subhuman and dying wheelchair bound at 55 after your 2rd hip replacement so you better get moving.
>>
File: ss.jpg (101 KB, 1080x2340)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>74206800
You can do it anon. I'm 5'7 and last year I was around 215 and got tired of being fat. I'm at 180 right now. Even managed to snag myself an amazing and wonderful boyfriend who is here every step of the way with my weight loss. 20-30 more pounds and I'm perfect. Literally just get your portion control skills up and everything else will follow. Buy portion plates and eat 3 meals a day with small snacks inbetween and by snacks I mean fruits mostly
>>
>>74206828
LONDON
>>
>>74206828
Thanks anon! Also really impressive work yourself! I'm happy you're doing awesome and I can't wait to be at that level with you!
>>
>>74206167
>That mirror
It's over for you. Clean your fucking mirror
>>
>>74206167
yea u can still make it just follow basic shit like eat less and be active more
>>
>>74206167
Don't drink calories and wash your mirror :) You're gonna make it
>>
>>74206899
Keep yourself accountable, celebrate your small victories. You got it anon!
>>
>>74207111
Thanks anon, I will!
>>
>>74207154
>>74207111
Does /fit/ have like a discord server for folks trying to keep each other pumped or should I just use the weight loss thread? I just don't post on 4chan that much.
>>
>>74206167
Just know that if you don't succeed I will be personally judging you forever.
>>
>>74207302
Well shit I gotta do it now. Thanks anon, I really do appreciate it. I am shit at doing things for myself but when it's for other people, even if it isn't really, it's easier somehow
>>
>>74207321
You look like a gelatinous tub of shit around 98% body fat so you better hit the weights hard. If you just lose weight and don't get toned you'll end up with 50 pounds of loose skin.
>>
>>74207365
I was honestly hoping to, but don't you have to eat over calories to build muscle? I thought I'd have to drop weight then build back up since I don't wanna eat excess calories
>>
File: Capture.png (1.39 MB, 996x560)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>74207378
No you don't need to bulk to tone up. Bruce Lee was 135 pounds.
>>
>>74207404
Sorry if this is going to sound like me being retarded but clearly when it comes to fitness I am

So I should just adopt a weight routine as I am now, keep the diet going and then adjust as needed as if I wasn't a fat piece of shit?
>>
>>74207409
Yes cut hard and lift weights. Understand that you won't see visible results until you weight less than a small car because any muscle will be buried by lard. Don't bother with cardio or bodyweight you'll just blow your knees and back out.
>>
>>74207409
You should increase your protein intake as percentage of your macros, but you shouldn't need to increase your caloric intake. You will need to gain muscle in order to lose body fat without completely destroying your health, though.
>>
>>74206167
Salvageable for what exactly?
Even men in their 70s get shredded. It is never too late nor early for anyone to start caring for their body.
If you are talking about getting women, it's more than just being /fit/ so you have to work hard on various fronts.
>>
>>74206826
He is not skinnyfat. There is no form of skinnyness there.
>>
>>74207421
>>74207422
Okay so just keep eating less over all but more of it being protein and focus on weights at the gym. Are machines okay? I don't really have any form and I've hurt my back lifting concrete blocks before just because I'm this size
>>
>>74207457
Buy hand weights and lift them at home. Most fat fucks fail because they can't be bothered to go to the gym.
>>
>>74206167
never give up i believe in you get down to around 280 and you will be amazed at the difference
>>
>>74207468
I can do that too. I have a friend who is going to keep me accountable about the gym starting tomorrow actually.
>>
>>74206167
It's going to be hard, you will have loose skin, but you'll be glad you did it when you get there.
>>
>>74207474
It gets exponentially better on the way down
>>
>>74206167
I can deadlift you
>>
>>74206167
Get a smart watch and start tracking your calories. If you overeat try to offset it afterwards by walking (in circles in a room if you must), you can burn 100 cal in about 20-30 min.

Also build muscle! It’s much easier to stay fat if you aren’t lifting.
>>
File: IMG_3821.jpg (379 KB, 571x1082)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
>>74206167
416 here with pretty much the same build as you getting back on the horse for the I-don’t-know-whath time. This time for real though, God be with me.
>>
>>74206167
Keep it up, you'll feel better and better everyday if you stick with it. I'll also recommend walking everyday when you're that big.
Just curious though, how did you get that big in the first place? Have you always been fat?
>>
>>74206167
You're gonna make it. You're also going to have loose skin once you do, but it'll be worth it.
>>
>>74206167
Drop to 300 and stay there
>>
>>74209197
Not OP but I’ve been fat my whole life, 200+ in high school, 300+ in college, and 400+ once I lived on my own and had the money to buy anything I wanted to eat.
>>
>>74209264
At your biggest, what did a typical day of feeding look like? Did you eat lots of cookies and drink lots of Mtn Dew?
>>
>>74206167
No, any man who allows himself to get to 400lbs without doing something is not salvageable. You are a good candidate for surgery or Ozempic. Clearly you don't possess the self control to maintain a healthy bodyweight through willpower alone.
>>
>>74206749
Lol OP is never going to lose that much weight. Fatties like him who actually lose that much weight are extremely rare. He hasn't even begun the multi year journey of dieting and he is already posting on the internet.
>>
>>74207421
Terrible advice. The best thing you can do is cardio. Your cardiovascular system is at the heart of your health (hah). And at OP's weight walking qualifies because that body can not walk without being exerted.
More cardio->fitter body->more weight loss
And if you're really worried about your knees (soft of ridiculous unless you have a congenital problem), then row or bike.
>>
>>74206757
Blah blah blah. Just stop eating so much for several months and lose 100 lbs through diet and then you can worry about everything to do next. None of this matters until you actually lose weight. Until that happens you are just another fatty on his computer talking about shit that ain't going to happen. Stop looking at 4chan and go take a walk. Empty your kitchen and fridge of all the junk while you're at it.
>>
>>74209413
No the best thing to for an out-of-shape disgustingly obese slob like OP is to stop eating. Diet is the only thing that matters for weight loss. Cardio can burn more calories, but if you aren't in shape for that then it will be painful and difficult and the fatty will give up. Dieting isn't difficult. You can do cardio when you aren't trying to move 400lbs of blubber around.
>>
>>74206167
Yea but you will likely have some horrendously stretched skin. That’s a decent price to pay for letting yourself go so badly. You have to lose weight, like your life depends on it.
>>
>>74209455
Once you cross the dopamine addiction threshold cardio is a habit that maintains itself.
Yes, of course diet matters but if you just diet and do nothing you probably won't make it like all the hundreds of millions of housewives who tried weightwatchers only to yoyo right back.
>>
>>74209374
No I generally dislike sweets. Haven’t drag sugared soda since college. But just last week I ate a whole family-size lasagna.
>>
>>74210025
Generally the problem. Fat people eat like pigs. I don't know why.
Maybe once they were part of some cannibalistic cattle class.
>>
>>74209197
I was a chubby kid with fat parents and we were poor so I learned to eat food when I can get it and was kinda just always fat. As I grew older I didn't really grow out of that and so most of this is my fault but being a fat suburban midwest kid is a good way to then become a fat adult.
>>
>>74210549
I just never learned good habits, learned over eating isn't a bad thing (fat and poor) and as an adult/older teen never rewired my brain. I know it's like gotta seem weird to folks that aren't fat how it happens but trust me it's incredibly easy to just slip into it and never get out, like any addiction I guess.
>>
>>74206167
Honestly the hardest part about anything is keeping a consistent schedule. There WILL be days when you just don't want to do it but you MUST. I'm learning a language rn in addition to working out and I often feel I want to work out more than learn the language since you physically feel better after a workout as opposed to sitting at a desk learning vocabulary.

Since I'm more familiar with exercising, it seems any progress I make learning a new language is so small and insignificant but I FORCE myself to do both at least 5 times a week. THAT'S the hardest part. My brain keeps nagging me to either exercise or play vidya but I have to FORCE myself to do those two things first.
>>
File: riddle of steel.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>74206167
If you want it, it can be yours.
>>
>>74206167
height?
>>
>>74210665
6'-6'1" range. When I was at my doctors a few months it was 6'1" but I swear I feel more like 6' even.

>>74210632
I'm really excited that one of my best and most reliable friends, who is in better shape not like ripped but he rock climbs, is offering to be each others accountability partners. I'm not good at ANY routine but I feel like if I can just get my head wrapped around one positive routine for myself the rest will be slightly easier.
>>
>>74210646
Thanks anon, I really just want to not die and not worry about losing limbs/organs or whatever the worst case is for me.
>>
>>74210682
I'm so glad you have someone you can count on. Me on the other hand, I'm more cynical. I usually don't trust anyone other than myself if I want to do something since no matter how dependable the person is, things outside your control may happen, for example, let's say you schedule to go the gym on Thursday but his kid broke his leg so he's unavailable for the next two weeks.

Everyone gathers motivation differently. I use a lot of negative reinforcement and while it may not be ideal, my consciousness tells me things I don't want to hear which motivates me to workout, learn a language etc... I know most people want POSITIVE reinforcement but I guess I like to be more direct with myself, progress etc..
>>
>>74206167
Even if it isn't do you want to be worse then where you are 5 years from now? Knowing that if you just stuck to it you might've made it, but feeling even more trapped? It's now or never, and it's always now babey.
>>
File: 160pound-loss-13-years.jpg (384 KB, 2250x1000)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
>>74206167
Hey man, you can do this. There's a bunch of us ex-fat guys here who have lost +100lbs.

Echoing what the others have said - concentrate on your diet. Eating got you to where you are and correcting your eating will get you out of the hole.

If you have any questions, fire away. I'll be in and out but I'll check back regularly.
>>
>>74210789
Holy shit anon at just 2 years after you looked amazing! I'd love to pick your brain on how you did it. I know it's just diet and exercise but like the will power piece had to be incredibly tough

>>74210785
Honestly I feel like if I don't do anything I'll be dead in 10 years or wish I was. I'm never the suicidal type but I'm allowing myself to die slowly and it hurts mentally idk

>>74210736
Whatever works for you is what's right for you anon. I have a hard time doing things for myself but when it comes to doing things for other people I'm the most reliable guy out there. Having someone I'm kinda doing this FOR it gets easier.
>>
>>74207476
read this excellent series of posts from Lyle McDonald, he knows his stuff

There is a routine at the end

Training the Obese Beginner
https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/training-the-obese-beginner
>>
>>74210682
>6'-6'1" range. When I was at my doctors a few months it was 6'1" but I swear I feel more like 6' even.
fucking christ
>>
>>74210916
Reading this now, I got time to kill at work

>>74211005
What's up anon?
>>
File: coiit.jpg (125 KB, 1132x975)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>74210883
The Internet in 2010 was a lot different. Bodybuilding.com had some forums on weight loss and they had an on-going "300# or more" thread. There were a bunch of guys in there that had lost 100+ and for the first couple of years I just copied what they had done:
>low carb
>weighlifting (UL or PPL, google 'em if you need to.)

...and constant mantras of "consistency, consistency, consistency".

If you looked at their lifting logs, it was just grind, grind, grind. Day in, day out. Nothing special, nothing secret, nothing that I couldn't replicate myself.

So I did. And I still do - fourteen years later.

I know you've had a lot of reading materials thrown at you but here's another:
https://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
This used to be the sticky here, a long time ago.
>>
>>74211010
>What's up anon?
I weighed 172kg (379lbs) at my heaviest, but I was 6ft3.
You weigh more than I did, at shorter O_O, and Im in my mid 20s.....

Anyway, I started losing fat this time last year and am now 20kg (44 lbs) less.

You need to (NEED TO) focus on fat loss until you hit 300lbs.
That is your primary goal, nothing else.
Fix your sleep/wake cycle and sleep hygene asap if you haven't already,

good luck
>>
>>74211083
Sleep hygene? I don't really know what that is tbqh I don't get as restful sleep as I wish I did, I'm thinking of going to my doctor to see if I have sleep apnea.
>>
>>74211088
>Sleep hygene?
The habits and behaviors related to your sleep.

good sleep hygene means:
-consitent sleep/wake times
-no bright/blue-green light before bed
-bright light in the morning
-dont eat in a way that interferes with your sleep patterns (I dont eat after 8pm)
-laying in bed outwith the process of sleeping
etc etc

>I don't get as restful sleep as I wish I did
research how to sleep better and act on it

>I'm thinking of going to my doctor to see if I have sleep apnea.
If you are American, your doctor is there to sell you shit you dont need.

being a fatty means you will sleep poorly regardless, so deal with that and your sleep will improve.
also better sleep ensures more opimal fat loss etc due to hormones etc
>>
>>74211140
>sleeping well helps with weight management
>you sleep poorly when fat

Nature is cruel lol. Yeah honestly I don't have very good sleep hygiene, probably not a shocker. I don't really have a set time I'm always in bed. I really should get better at that.
>>
>>74211088
>>74211140
Also, your room should be very dark.
Prevent light getting in and cover any lights that might interfere with sleep etc, especially anything blue or green.

My test is, look at the light source, close my eyes, then cover my closed eyes with my hands, if the light getting through my eyelids got darker with my hands blocking the source; the source is too bright.

If you can find a cheap one, get an alarm clock that wakes you up with light (and sound).

When you wake up, GET UP dont laze around, make your bed, get some water and get on with your day.
>>
>>74211171
>I don't really have a set time I'm always in bed. I really should get better at that.

If you want to fix this, have a (7 days a week) very very rigid wake up time and your circadian rhythms will help the process of a consisten bed time.

DO NOT USE YOUR PHONE IN BED AT NIGHT

Bed is for sleep only

https://sleepopolis.com/calculators/sleep/
pick your times here and stick with them^
>>
>>74211202
Oh that's interesting, I didn't think about like incomplete cycles of sleep fucking up my sleep. As for the light, I'll sure up the darkness in my room and maybe get one of those little masks if needed too.
>>
>>74211239
>get one of those little masks
no
they are shite
I tried them, dark room is way more comfortable physically.

Which direction do your bedroom windows face?
Are you in North America?
ideally have your bedroom facing away from the sunrise.
>>
>>74206167
Yes it’s possible.
No it won’t be easy or fast. Yes you will suffer as a result of your gluttony.
But if you make it to the end of this journey you will be rewarded.

You’ve learned what the ‘easy’ route in life has provided you, now find the happiness only suffering can bring. Good luck
>>
>>74211275
My rooms windows point north so not really toward or away from the sunrise really. I'm in the USA yeah.
>>
>>74211302
good good.

Still, make sure its very dark in your bedroom.

and get a powerful LED lamp or someshit to help you wake up in the mornings too.

I wont respond further.

fat loss priority down to 300lbs
Fix your sleep

Otherwise, good diet, exercise, plentywater etc

goodnight
>>
Yes.
Switch to rice, chicken, bananas, toast, and chicken noodle soup.

I lost 200 pounds in two years.
>>
>>74211411
retarded take

OP, just eat a good varied diet and lose fat at a sustainable but solid pace (too fast and you will lose muscle)
>>
>>74211472
Who cares about muscle loss on a dude that’s 400 lbs? You could be at a massive caloric deficit and retain muscle because you are FAT. A sustainable pace for a really fat guy exceeds the 1 lb/week pace meant for a small fatty not a BIG fatty
>>
>>74206167

We are ALL going to make it
>>
>>74211472
>Retarded take
Anon I'm 36. I had heart failure at 31.

I was 360 pounds. Heart surgeon put me on a restricted and bland diet for the meds. I could not exercise because it would strain my heart.

I weigh 155 pounds now, I'm 5'11"
>>
File: 1000008496.png (63 KB, 1080x2400)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
btw this is what I ended up getting for my TDEE and is what I've been using. Does this seem right? this would make a 1k cut 2300 calories which is just like eating like a normal person.
>>
>>74206167
It's never too late, anon. The road will be long and hard, and others will see the improvement long before you notice it yourself. You're already on the right path with a simple caloric deficit, but I encourage you to pay close attention to your micronutrients and your sleep as well. Mircronutrient deficiencies are a big cause of cravings and will contribute to lapses in your discipline, and poor quality/insufficient sleep has detrimental effects on both your cognition and your muscle growth/recovery. /fat/ will help you on your way.
>>
>>74211531
>I had heart failure at 31.
retard
>>
>>74211472
>Retarded take
>telling a 400 pound person to eat whatever
No.
He needs to literally restrict his diet to the simplest of basic foods. Boiled chicken, rice, bananas, toasted white bread, applesauce, etc. and sustain that for a year while doing light exercise.

He needs to lose everything he can.
>>
>>74211503
>Who cares about muscle loss on a dude that’s 400 lbs?
Considering its a key way to maintain metabolism?
all of us should care
>>
>>74211553
>retard
You people are pretty insufferable.
My mom abused me as a kid and I was in my room for a day if I didn't finish my food because, as she said
>People are starving
And heart failure runs in the family. My father and grandfather died of it in their 50s and were normal weight. I'm literally only alive because I ate the way I ate after my surgery. No heart surgeon would say
>Don't eat a restricted diet because of muscle loss
You're the retard.
>>
>>74211537
Yeah, the bigger you are, the more calories it takes to keep yourself that way, especially once you start ramping up physical activity. Being fat places strain on the body and makes it harder to move; remember, you burn more calories doing literally fucking anything than you will at a healthy weight, because all that extra heft takes effort to move and even to sustain. The same thing happens on the other end of the spectrum with Olympic weightlifters and bodybuilders in their bulking phases, where they need to eat insane amounts of food to keep their gains going.
>>
>>74211567
waaaah waaaah
should I cann you a waaambulance?

pussy nigga
>>
>>74211561
>Considering its a key way to maintain metabolism?

Dude just stop posting. Metabolism doesn't matter, he's 400 pounds. All that matters is eating low calories so his body burns fat, not eating calories to keep muscle on. You sound very stupid.
>>
>>74211567
>Don't eat a restricted diet because of muscle loss
not what I said retard
eat for calorie restriction, jsut not excessievly.
crash diets are stupid outwith a few fringe cases like retards that weigh 360lbs at 5ft11 and cause their heart to fail lmao
>>
>>74211472
>OP, just eat a good varied diet and lose fat at a sustainable but solid pace (too fast and you will lose muscle)

Uhhhh OP don't listen to this retard. You need to lose, fast. Eat a very restricted diet, starting today. If you hit your mid 30s and weigh over 300 pounds shit is going to get really bad.
>>
I'm really getting conflicting advice here....

Should I even start going to the gym like I wanted to? I don't wanna tell my friend I'm not coming day 1 of us going, that sounds like a good way to set myself up to not go forever
>>
>>74211581
none of you dumbfucks have any understanding of what "excessive" means.

You can maintain muscle whilst losing large amounts of fat. but only focusing on losing fat with no caution to retaining muscle is a fools game
>>
>>74211606
get to 300lbs then consider the gym
>>
>>74211618
I want to use the gym to establish routine and motivation, I lack the ability to just flip a switch and eat a bland diet anon, it's just not something I as a person can do.
>>
>>74211630
Im not advocating a bland diet (other retards are)
Eat a healthy diet high in protein comprising of whole-foods but lower in overall kcal.

there is no point being in a gym until you are under 300lbs.

Dont run before you can walk.

establishing your diet/sleep etc is the foundation of everything else
>>
>>74211651
>there is no point being in a gym until you are under 300lbs.
Like I said, I am not going to tell a very helpful and supportive friend that I'm quitting on the idea already.
>>
>>74211666
Trust me, its not worth it until you are under 300lbs
He will understand, if he actually cares he will still be there when you are ready.
exercise at home for now, simple stuff, walking etc
>>
>>74211610
Nobody here is saying not to worry about muscle. But the fact remains as a 400 lb person 95% of your attention should be to lose fat.

Sure, get enough protein everyday but that’s not difficult to do given that even fatties don’t have a lot of lean mass. You’re missing the Amazon rainforest for a few trees.
>>
>>74211630
>I lack the ability to just flip a switch and eat a bland diet anon, it's just not something I as a person can do.

Okay anon, good luck on your journey.

I gave you the medical advice from one of the best heart surgeons in New York and if you don't want to eat a bland diet, I hope you find a way to enjoy eating food and also lose weight some other way.

At least you can admit you aren't going to take vital steps to lose weight, which is a big step to admitting you have a problem.
>>
>>74211666
Don't listen to this weirdo telling you not to go to the gym.

I'm the dude in the progress picture above: go to the gym
>>
>>74211687
I walk two miles a day, I'm not like immobile anon. What I'm not getting is why exercise at this obesity is bad but still obese but less so makes it better? What's the reasoning I guess. You're telling me to be less active and I don't quite get why.
>>
>>74211707
You dumbfuck with your broken heart
leave him alone with your shitty advice
>>
>>74211714
If you walk two miles a day at your weight and aren't losing any, and you're saying you won't switch to a chicken and rice diet, then, yeah, you're probably a lost cause.
>>
>>74211714
Im telling you to not go to a gym until you are under 300lbs.

because in my experience, when I was morbidly obese, I couldnt fit in the machines and everything was physically akward.

just solve the biggest problem first
then move onto the gym
>>
>>74211719
What the fuck do you propose he eats then? Steak and muffins? Mother fucker isn't losing weight and he walks daily.
>>
>>74211721
I started dieting and walking in March when I was at 414 pounds. I'm not seeing 0 progress, I came to /fit/ for a little motivation and to see if I was a lost cause.
>>
>>74211706
>I do not believe sustainable fat loss can exixt without the nuance of a healthy, muscle sparing diet.

we want his progress to last, no?
>>
>>74206167
You can always improve. You may not get "perfect" but dont let that stop you being better.
>>
>>74211746
Anon, I was morbidly obese and could gain and lose 10 pounds by doing nothing or just drinking less or more. I also used to tell my doctor I was doing something when I lost 7 pounds and knew I wasn't doing shit. I walked too and came home and ate my normal foods.

It wasn't until I got on a restricted diet that the pounds fell. I was down to 700 calorie days.
>>
>>74211745
I propose he eats high protein foods and plenty vegetables
>>
>>74211758
I'm glad that worked for you and your heart problems anon
>>
>>74211755
Again, the BIGGEST step is to lose weight, one thing at a time. Discipline is trained over time and objectively you have to set priorities and slowly incorporate more and more lifestyle changes as discipline builds.

Telling a person to do everything correct out of the gate is the opposite to sustainable over the long term.
>>
I'm more fucking confused than when I started this thread tbqh. I'm gonna follow the advice of the guy that posted his progress photos and leave it at that, this is too much noise and conflicting shit.
>>
>>74211786
Ok let me make this simple for you.

Eat less
Healthier options are better for you (higher satiety foods, higher protein, fruits/vegetables/meats)
Exercise if you want (not impact cardio because of joint health)

All that TRULY matters is that you are consistently at a caloric deficit. Don’t believe any information that enables gluttony (cheat days, etc). If you feel your willpower faltering then lower your exercise and deficit but DO NOT STOP.
>>
>>74211768
He should be losing fat, not just weight
>>
>>74211786
there is 0 conflict

we all agree: Lose fat by restricting kcal
>>
>>74211821
Makes sense to me. I didn't mean to make it sound like I wasn't listening to /fit/ it's just there were like 5 people saying totally different things.

I've already started to make better choices in what I eat, I haven't really eaten out since I started this, I eat either oatmeal or eggs in the morning, I am making progress but I know while I'm making better choices I still should make better ones and that's where I'm at really.

As far as exercise goes I don't really understand why I shouldn't do that too but I'm going to do it anyway so I guess it doesn't matter really.
>>
>>74211840
have fun hating the gym because everything hurts
fatty
>>
>>74211849
I don't think waiting a year would make that any better. Isn't the whole theme that all of this is going to be hard? Why should I be worried one part is going to be hard?
>>
>>74206167
First step: clean your fucking mirror
>>
>>74211853
you will not fit in the machines
you will not be sat comfortably on the benches
you will be over the weight limit for many things

Its honestly a waste of time until you have made solid progress to 300lbs
>>
>>74211872
I guess I'll see tomorrow how true any of that is.
>>
>>74210194
cause their stomachs gradually expand as they gain weight causing it to feel empty much more easily and thus triggers the primitive instinct to eat until they're full with much larger portions. Combine that with all the addictives in every piece of store bought food in north america that isn't raw ingredients and a lack of instilled discipline results in the massive overeating you see
>>
>>74211840
Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good, as long as you’re headed the right direction every win counts.

You can go to the gym, but often times a person that makes a lot of life changes at once has a tendency to fail all of them at once. If you start feeling burnt out it’s ok to dial back the extra stuff (exercise) to retain progress on what matters (diet). Good luck
>>
>>74211828
You don’t know fuck all about anything. A dyel fatty isn’t hiding some muscled physique. He will achieve 90% of his benefits just losing weight and comparatively little by lifting (but it is good for you overall)
>>
>>74206167
nice tits
I've been going from 260 to 210 over the summer for the past couple years by using cronometer and focusing on the main barbel lifts with novice/intermediate programs
sounds like you're doing well with your deficit
I usually do 300-500 but you're a lot fatter
it's actually not that hard once you get some satisfying recipes you can make consistently with decent calories and macros
like, I usually eat those 70 calorie sliced bread with some pbfit and a coffee for breakfast which lasts me quite a while
then I'll make something with 93% ground beef like a goulash or just cook chicken somehow with a side of potatoes or spice up a can of tuna with rice, onion, red pepper, rice vinegar, onions sauce, and a little sesame oil
your issue might just be loose skin after a while but it's not like you need to get shredded or skinny to fill out a shirt properly and not look like a butterball
>>
>>74212060
>rice, onion
I mean green onion
>>
>>74206222
It’s a mental game all the way. You will learn along the way from mistakes. It feels amazing to be much leaner than before
The biggest challenge is to overcome the root cause why you got fat which is likely a coping mechanism (you eat when you happy/sad/socialize) plus current food is designed to be irresistible. It’s absolutely salvageable though
>>
>>74212161
>>
>>74207446
Great reading comprehension you fucking retard
>>
>>74211666
This is bad advice. Go to the gym. Lifting weights and doing cardio and such is all a great way to lose calories.
>>
This thread. I like it.
>>
>>74206167
The fuck...Is this image AI generated?
>>
>>74206167
I can deadlift you
>>
File: 1714909033407501.jpg (28 KB, 750x742)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>74206167
you are going to look like melted ice cream when/if you get to at least 200 lbs. That's what happens when you get that fucking fat
>>
>>74206167
as an uggo it makes me rofl when I see a guy with chad facial genetics completely fuck it up by becoming morbidly obese

Good for you so far, keep at it, but expect loose skin
>>
Is there a chance to make a comeback before 2025? I had some shit happen in my life and fell off pretty hard. I can’t find the courage to go hard but I need to. Any tips?
>>
>>74217246
nope. is over
>>
>>74217270
why
>>
>>74215722
Since the body eats itself during fasting I wonder if exercise with intermittent 2-5 day fasts plus foods that favour collagen production would counteract the skin ending up flabby.
>>
>>74217246
>flexes all his muscles to take a picture
goddamn that's gay
>>
>>74217188
Glad you like my face anon, I'm not that worried about loose skin, if I hate it I can go to south korea for cheap surgery or something. I'll be happy to not be dead though like I've been saying.
>>
>>74217188
>chad facial genetics
where lmao
WHERE
>>
>>74206679
>Dysphoria inducing pic
>>
>>74219240
fuck off
>>
>>74219354
Could have posted a white family instead you posted a self insert
>>
>>74219424
what?
>>
>>74206167
Stick with it man, dedication is key. You will slowly shed it off bit by bit. Just imagine the first time someone ask you "Did you lose weight?!" Or "Wow you look great!" Just remember you are doing this for yourself, this is your life, it doesn't matter how many years you have left, wouldn't you want to live them healthy and fulfilling?
>>
>>74219482
Thanks anon! I'm trying to focus on the fact that so far the changes I've been making (not eating way too much cereal for breakfast, not drinking 500 calories of coffee, not going to mcdonalds etc) have been pretty easy the last month or so and have lead to a decent loss already.

I gotta focus on the small wins is what I'm starting to pick up on from this thread
>>
>>74219511
I'm also 100% sure it's mostly water weight but sticking to 500-100 deficit should burn NON water weight eventually right? Idk when it stops being water weight
>>
>>74206167
No bro it's over. I'm a fellow fatass and it's just ober
>>
>>74219848
Nah it's not ober. Join me anon, I'll give you an accountability partner if you want!
>>
>>74211076
Based miscer
repped ;)
>>
>>74206167
>>74206209
> It took a long time to put it on, its gonna take a long time to take it off
bullshit. He can get that off in a year with fasting, Angus Barbieri style
>>
>>74219979
Angus died age 51
I literally visited his grave in tayport
>>
>>74219979
If you fast improperly, you may die.
Angus Barbieri consumed water, vitamins, and some yeast for amino acids.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Barbieri's_fast
> For 382 days ending on 30 June 1966, he consumed only vitamins, electrolytes, an unspecified amount of yeast (a source of all essential amino acids) and zero-calorie beverages such as tea, coffee, and sparkling water, although he occasionally consumed small amounts of milk and/or sugar with the beverages, especially during the final weeks of the fast.
Also, your body will cannibalize your muscles to feed itself as well, so maybe some rehabilitatory exercise will be needed afterwards.
>>
>>74220062

This is why I have been banging on about the importance of sparing muscle whilst losing fat.

PSMF (protein sparing modified fasting) is better

Most importantly is the less fat you have on your body, the less you can liberate for energy each day, so you must slow your rate of fat loss as you lose fat.
>>
>>74220226
OP here, so the idea if I'm reading this right is that as you lose fat its harder for your body to use fat stores for energy? Is that right?

This is all probably beyond where I am just was interested in what you guys are talking about.
>>
>>74220269
I cannot remember the exact number, but for sake of an example;

every pound of fat can liberate X units of energy per day

So as you lose pounds of fat, you can liberate less energy from the stores as whilst the rate of energy liberation is the same, you have less fat from which energy comes.

the implication of this is that if you go above the energy defecit your body is capable of managing from its fat stores, you will eat into your muscle tissue etc for chemical energy.
>>
>>74220291
That's interesting and a solid argument to work on muscles during massive weight loss. The other argument being that like exercise is good for you period lol
>>
>>74220303
well, exercise is a more powerful preserver of muscle tissue than protein/kcal intake but both are VERY important
>>
>>74206167
I went from 415 to 200. You can do it and it's worth it.
>>
>>74220049
>Angus died age 51
20 years later with stomach bleeding as the cause. Fasting didn't cause that and wouldn't correlate in any way with being the cause of stomach bleeding 20 years later. More likely reason would be a poor diet either while he was a fat ass or afterward, which ate his stomach lining up and gave him chronic ulcers.
>>74220062
>If you fast improperly, you may die
yes. Drink the electrolytes. Vitamin supplementation is optional. You'll pull the vitamins from your fat and the cells you break down to use as fuel. Snake juice is 100% necessary. You'll die without it.
>Also, your body will cannibalize your muscles to feed itself as well
Depends on the length of the fast and activity levels while fasting. No need to eat anything during a fast to preserve muscle, as the fast itself creates the hormonal environment necessary to preserve muscle. Up to 10 days has been proven by Buchinger Wilhelmi to result in 0% SKELETAL muscle loss. None at all. Early proteolysis occurs in the first 4 days. It's lean tissue from internal organs which regrow when you begin eating again. Smooth muscle and organ protein. Need to do at least 30 minutes of light activity to stimulate enough to hold ontouacle during a fast.

Optimal weight loss with fasting is to go from no less than 4 and no more than 10 days at a time fasting followed by 5 to 10 days of refeeding at basal metabolic rate with maybe 1 day at a higher than basal rate.

>>74220226
>so you must slow your rate of fat loss as you lose fat.
Accurate. Can't be as aggressive with fasting the leaner you get. Fatasses can go a very long time without losing any muscle at all. Leaner people may need to do something closer to an intermittent fasting type of approach, even doing something as light as a 20 hour fast with a 4 hour window or something like that. I did one and had no obvious signs of atrophy until I dropped below 210 as a 6 feet tall male. Lost 70 lbs by that point. Shoulda stopped there but didnt
>>
>>74220581
Angus may have been an alcoholic later in his life.
I cannot remember where I heard that
>>
>>74207166
I would take the one-off motivations and post often in CBT. If you want to identify yourself you could get a trip but you might not get a ton of sensible people on discord.
>>
>>74222493
Not a bad idea anon I'll set reminders to post in /cbt/ every couple of weeks or so.
>>
>>74219858
You're on, mister!
>>
>>74220539
would be good if you put in the time to say how you did it, how long it took, stuff like your age, height, how long you were fat, anything in particular that really helped
>>
>>74220049
average life expectancy for someone born when he was born was high 50s or like 60 IIRC, probably smoked a lot too
>>
File: why fatties exist.jpg (71 KB, 652x1000)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>74206167
>calorie deficit
not gonna make it like that. Read this fucking book to understand why your body is storing fat. Don't listen to schizos saying you need carbs for energy, they are fucking retarded.

The TL;DR: Don't eat sugars or grains. Eat fat and protein. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a pharma jew.
>>
>>74224315
So just Keto or the Atkins diet?
>>
>>74206167
well if you eat 1300 calories for 5 years maybe you'll be under 200 lbs eventually
>>
>>74206167
you need to accept that it will take time for it to change but at your size you will see improvement every day
if you stick with a diet of 2500 kcal you should still be able to lose at least 100 grams of fat a day without exercize, if you add weightlifiting and some form of cardio like swimming it can be way more than that
if a time span of let's say 3 years for it to get better is discouraging for you, just think that those years are going to pass anyway whetever you lose weight or not
>>
>>74224649
Luckily starting now I think I'll live another 3 years at least. Every month and every dozen pounds I lose is gonna give me a bit more time so it works out.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.