[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (36).jpg (22 KB, 554x554)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Push day final boss
>>
>>74215041
>Push day final boss
indeed, all of pushing is retarded anterior delt, ALL OF IT, and pictured is exactly the same - anterior delt with impingement
>no u can't shit on holy pushing
i can shit on pulling instead bottot but it's not row or deadlift thread - yes, all of it is also retarded, wrong, harmful etc. just for different reasons
>>
>>74215104
based drunk spastic esl stroke-having retard
>>
>>74215041
>Final boss
>not full ROM
Stop being a pussy and do Lu raises
>>
>>74215104
This fucking retard on every shoulders thread. Take your meds.
>>
>>74215150
>Lu raises
Why? That dude has shit shoulders. Probably from doing a completely useless motion, and you're a retard if you think the shoulder helps raises the arms above your head. It's already fully flexed at...SHOULDER height, DIPSHIT.
>>
>>74215150
stop doing a retarded lift from a retarded roiding bugman
bugman raises is a meme
>>
>>74215041
is that really a push day exercise though?
>>
>>74215150
>muh full rom
delts grow better from a lengthened partial, because you can put on more weight
>>
>>74216443
Yes. Rear delts are pull.
>>
I do them on pull day. Are they better fitted on push day?
>>
>>74216484
If you do anything else that hits lateral delts on push day, yes (According to traditional wisdom).
>>
>>74215150
meme lift for youtube lifters
>>
>>74215150
Its jack off front raises for me. You're just trying to strengthen your tendons and shit.
>>
>>74216484
>>74216443
You’re supposed to do lat raises every workout. And some sort of curl and abs
>>
>>74216585
>You're just trying to strengthen your tendons and shit.
And this is bad, why?
>>
>>74215150
You really set off the ROMlets with this one lmao
>>
That is a pulling motion. Towards the head/body is pull. Away from them is push.
>>
>>74217255
They are away from the body, and OHP is away from both and also hits side delt. PPL is really meant to separate muscles, not motions.
>>
>>74217987
No it is toward the head, thus pull.
>>
>>74218475
You said head/body before, but I guess it's just head now. Is OHP pull too you fucking fentanyl addict
>>
>>74218475
You know what? It's not even toward the head. The weights get farther away from the head on concentric, so go suck an egg mister.
>>
>>74215150
sorry but its push day
I save trap work for the next day
hope this helps
>>
>>74216370
>you're a retard if you think the shoulder helps raises the arms above your head. It's already fully flexed at...SHOULDER height
Anon…
>>
>>74218538
No overhead press(push) it is away from the head/body, so it is a pushing motion.
>>74218560
If the motion was continued to full extension it would be pulled to the head/body. Just because you stop halfway doesn’t suddenly mean you were pushing.
>>
>>74218697
So Lu raise? Doesn't look like the picture in OP to me. If a squat was continued to full extension your head would be up your ass, which it is.

Keep doing OHP on push days and lateral raises on pull days and enjoy poor performance in both exercises due to defeating the purpose of PPL and not resting the lateral deltoid.
>>
>>74218560
If it were to be a push motion the exercise would start with the arms elevated at the shoulder and the resistance would come from pushing it down to the legs and away from the head. In this case it couldn’t be done with a dumbbell, it would require a cable machine or another dedicated machine where you push against springs or a fluid.
>>
>>74218745
No a squat to full extension is just standing tall. A squat to full depth is just setting. To your other argument that isn’t ppl either at that point, it is a split where you target one group a day. Either the program is a misnomer or you were taught incorrectly.
>>
>>74215041
More like wholesome feel good at the end of the workout
>>
>>74218788
If you get hung up on the terminology of push and pull to the extent you're training the same muscle two days in a row on purpose, you're completely ignoring the reason exercise routines other than full body exist at all.

The fact that you INSIST lat raises are pull when they're really neutral and grouped with pull because of the muscle targeted indicates to me you're a mental defective of some sort.
>>
i do front raises to end push day i dunno man
>>
>>74218823
>grouped with pull because of the muscle targeted
(Meant push not pull.)
>>
>>74217049
i will do full penis penetration rom inside your ass fucking fag
>>
>>74216392
I'm not sure that bugs have deltoids tbdesu
>>
>>74216593
This post is beyond based and will samefag just to give you another (You)
protip: alternate db lat raises and cable lat raises
>>
>>74216593
This man speaks the truth
>>
>>74218650
What are traps? DHHURRRRRR
>>
>>74219179
You agreed with me, they are grouped with pull, no take backs. Plus, as the other anon said, you are supposed to hit em every day. Pianoman did 100 reps every night before bed.
>>
File: 1714238092286905.jpg (163 KB, 1033x1280)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
my push day:
>5x5 ohp
>3x8-12 seated bench machine
>3x8-12 incline db press
>3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
>3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
>>
File: 1711317652287376.png (41 KB, 700x420)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>74215041
That's a pull
>>
>>74219550
If you only do lat raises, and only care about doing lateral raises with delts, maybe it works every day. I wouldn't know since I'm doing them on push day with dumbbell pressing and it would be retarded to do them again until next push day.
>>
>>74215104
I will keep OHPing because you can't communicate clearly or effectively. No one knows what the fuck you're on about.

Recommended better exercises or routines. DON'T link YouTube videos with time stamps. Just tell us the exercise or explain it.
>>
>>74219193
>wants to fuck other men
Sounds like you're the fag here
>>
>>74215041
I like upright rows better.
Also
>muh push day
PPL is gay reddit crap.
>>
>>74219636
>6 sets of lateral raises back to back in 2 separate superset blocks
Why are deltniggers?
>>
>>74216472
I never felt my lateral delts working in my life until I 2x'd the weight and did partials. Never going back.
>>
>>74215150
i saw athlean-x's video and he said the lateral deltoids stop lifting the weight slightly before parallel to the ground, then the traps(not sure) take over for lifting above that point.
>>
>>74220555
Well, more trap gains for u then.
>>
>>74220505
It's the 2nd best split.
UL > PPL > FB > bro
>>
>>74215137
Extremely underrated comment
>>
>>74216593
>>74219264
Please explain, what makes those movements different that lets you work them more often?
>>
>>74219712
>and it would be retarded to do them again until next push day.
>my lateral raises are so intense, it's retarded to do them before resting 96 hrs.
Sure anon, sure
>>
>>74220646
Sure, it's second when you leave out gentlemen's split and arnold split.
>>
>>74221007
Those are just somewhere between a bro split and a PPL. So 2nd to last behind bro, mayyybe tied with FB.
>>
>>74221360
I'm assuming you rate UL first for powerlifting?
>>
>>74222050
No, for bodybulding. Why?
>>
>>74222091
Because that's as many leg days as upper body legs, unless I'm missing something.
>>
>>74215150
Full rom is a meme. Though if you wanted full rom, you could always just do OHP to lockout instead of a motion like Lu raises that for many people will require quite a bit of internal rotation which can cause subacute injuries to the rotator cuff. Plus the delts have done all the contracting they'll ever do at parallel. If your aim is to train delts, it's best to stop at around parallel.

http://web.ecs.baylor.edu/faculty/garner/Research/GarnerPandy2003ParamEst.pdf

If you want to train traps, the loading in OHP and even in rows is far superior to that of Lu raises. Considering how strong the traps are, you probably shouldn't waste your time.
>>74216472
"Lengthened" partials are also a meme. The delts have poor leverage in the bottom 15 degrees of the motion. For dumbbell lateral raises, there's very little resistance in the lower portion of the motion. Zero at the bottom and less than 50 percent in the lower 30 degrees of the motion. Though you would want less resistance around 15 degrees, you want much more resistance above 15 degrees than is present in the motion. It's best to restrict your range of motion on dumbbell lateral raise and reserve longer ranges of motion for a dedicated machine.

Though that being said, "lengthened" partials in many motions present and unnecessary risk of injury both to joints and to tendons. Moreover, the research used to shill the range of motion either are unrelated or do not have very strong results if any at all.
>>
>>74222168
>"Lengthened" partials are also a meme. The delts have poor leverage in the bottom 15 degrees of the motion. For dumbbell lateral raises, there's very little resistance in the lower portion of the motion. Zero at the bottom and less than 50 percent in the lower 30 degrees of the motion. Though you would want less resistance around 15 degrees, you want much more resistance above 15 degrees than is present in the motion.
You can create resistance with muscle tension, aka acceleration. Then it's not primarily gravity creating the resistance close to vertical but your attempt to accelerate the weight with the deltoid. Same thing to the muscle.
>>
>>74222118
Lower body is also core
>>
>>74222258
I do deadlift on L1 and squat on L2, what am I missing if I don't want Tom Platz quads.
>>
>>74222204
>create resistance with muscle tension, aka acceleration
Force = mass time acceleration by definition. Gravity is creating resistance to positive vertical motion via acceleration by definition. Dumbass.
>it's not primarily gravity creating the resistance close to vertical but your attempt to accelerate the weight with the deltoid
In the absence of significant forces such as with a horizontal motion, almost no actual force is required to start moving an object. There is acceleration of course. But there is no resistance.

Resistance is the most important part to talk about here though lack of leverage affects the effective range of motion for training a muscle. The brain only recruits the bare minimum muscle fibers necessary to perform an action. If you are training in a position with practically negligible resistance and the brain only needs to recruit a tiny number of motion to overcome that resistance, it will recruit only an insignificant number of motor units and no more. This is Henneman's size principle. The brain only recruits the necessary motor units. In order to grow a muscle, you need to especially recruit the large motor units which will only be used if high force production is required. Your brain will not start recruiting motor units until you get into the portion of the motion which requires them to be recruited. They will no longer be recruited, when you leave that portion of the range of motion. To get the large motor units to grow, then you have to subject them to enough fatigue and mechanical tension to get them to grow. In essence, you give the large motor units a chance to rest in the lower portions of the motion since they aren't being used and they don't start working again until they get out of that. This is why you should at least stay above 30 degrees so that you can efficiently fatigue the large motor units and why going into the lower portion of the motion does nothing beneficial for your training.
>>
File: Mr. Rippetoe Esquire.jpg (34 KB, 446x466)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>74219636
>>5x5 ohp
THREE BY FAHVE!
>>3x8-12 seated bench machine
>>3x8-12 incline db press
All useless. Just do 3x5 Barbell Bench Press instead.
>>3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
>>3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
Drop these. BP and OHP have you covered.
>>
>>74222258
So is upper body
>>
>>74222258
The core is the innermost part of something. Technically the core is the heart, lungs, and digestive organs. So the muscles everyone wants to train are not part of the core and the core consists of involuntary muscles at best.
>>
File: 1703451554141001.png (145 KB, 388x545)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>74215137
my thoughts exactly
>>
>>74215041
>ruins your shoulders
You need to rotate them arms inwards if you do this to not destroy your shoulder joints, one that most medical professionals won't even work on except in extreme circumstances.
Even better use a cable so you get the same effective weight through the full ROM
>>
>>74222456
>rotate them arms inwards
Not quite accurate. But yes, the lateral raise should be done in the scapular plane.
>>
>>74222456
>You need to rotate them arms inwards if you do this to not destroy your shoulder joints
and bend forward and lead with elbow - it's still anterior delt only
>no it is actually side delt, i at least part of motion it takes over
maybe part, and it doesn't take over it tries to but bones of shoulder poke it resulting in sputtering at best contraction ->no continuous time under tension on muscle belly and no growth as a result

u will however fuck up ur shoulder:
>>74214730

>>74215137
>>74216327
>>74220241
>No one knows what the fuck you're on about
>you can't communicate clearly or effectively
do i bot? xD
>>
>>74222328
>gravity is the only kind of acceleration, instead of gravity being defined as acceleration after acceleration was defined based on other phenomena
You fucking idiot. Overcoming inertia requires acceleration. A 15 pound dumbbell hanging from your fingers requires acceleration to move from that position. Since gravity won't help it move anywhere but toward the center of the Earth, force is required to accelerate it in another direction, namely, outwards from your pelvis towards the sky. Hence, training your fucking delts, idiot.
>>
>>74215104
You gotta brace your abs and serratus, and lift with slightly bent elbows keeping your shoulders in front of the socket or yeah you'll impinge your shit.
>>
>>74222456
Honestly putting strain on your shit isn't bad it's the pinching and too much weight before your tendons and joints can handle it.

Tales way longer to build tendons than muscle.
>>
>>74222616
No, you don't. You still haven't.
>>
>>74215041
> Push day???
> Lateral RAISE.
> Shoulder ROTATION exercise.

Bro you are a faggot.
>>
I do lateral raises on pull day
>>
Are you all doing a bit? This is a pulling movement
>>
>>74220567
my deadlift are already doing that along with my rows, it's unnecessary to lower my weight just to train traps along with delts
>>
>>74223114
>lower my weight
Your traps should be way stronger than your delts, anon.
>>
>>74219636
I prefer standing Machine bench
>>
>>74220968
Muscle groups closest to your core get the most blood flow and recover the fastest
>>
>>74223557
Is that why my forearms never seem to fully recover? I need to change up my split bc arm days use them too much and they start to fail before the target muscles. Inversely, I'm never convinced i hit my abs hard enough, regardless of how intense i work them, they only stay sore for like 12 hours
>>
>>74215041
i do these with 22kg dumbbells, just get gud
>>
>>74216593
let's fucking go

literally me
>>
File: 1712445121433545.jpg (87 KB, 941x935)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>74216370
>you're a retard if you think the shoulder helps raises the arms above your head
you mongoloids astound me
>>
>>74222803
>>74223075
I assume you do pec fly on pull day too.
>>
Most retarded excersize.
>>
>>74215150
based

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.