[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715187312971617.jpg (93 KB, 1080x1080)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
What are the downsides of weed?
>>
File: dudeweed1.jpg (98 KB, 428x327)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>74226668
>dude weed
>>
>>74226668
General faggotry.
>>
>>74226668
thc makes me feel like shit and potheads are annoying
>>
>>74226727
THC is fun now and again but god I fucking hate stoners and potheads
Tried a non-synthetic non-THC cannabinoid once, it was extracted from a species of vetch (ultimately ~20x more potent than weed at the binding site) and it made me fucking throw up, I don't get how anyone could try Spice (not the DUNE one), they're supposedly usually even stronger than the beans I did.
>>
Shittiest drug out there. Feminine high. Gives you the brain of a woman or a stupid guy.
>>
>>74226668
Literally none, if anything it helped me because instead of drinking beers after work, I’ll just get stoned instead
>>
>>74226746
Like in the dune movie?
>>
>>74226814
yup that's the one
in all honesty it was just a tiny bean species that I found a phytochemical report indicating it contains some of the same compounds as Kava
>>
File: cannabis.jpg (377 KB, 1920x1440)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>74226668
Well for one, many cultivars tend to make you complacent and tired. This typically isn't a problem unless you're not a driven individual. I don't recommend you smoke right before a heavy lifting session unless its like a 16 week sativa.

I find that the benefits outweigh the negatives, but only if you have the right stuff and practice moderation. Sativa heavy hybrids can be really great for cardio and light hypertrophy. Makes the mind muscle connection insane. Indica dominants are incredible for bulking and recovery. Literally makes your body feel amazing. Like I've said though, be smart about your usage. As long as you are disciplined and driven you shouldn't have an issue with it. If you can't stay disciplined then I wouldn't recommend you do it. Also, stay away from things that aren't flower or rosin.

Finally, I've read that cannabis consumption can reduce testosterone and sperm production. Personally I haven't experienced that, and I have rock hard erections that cum like a fountain even though I consider myself a heavy user.

>t. grower
>>
>>74226864
>weed smoker/grower
>insufferable faggot speak about how hecking good the weeds are
checks out
>>
File: dudeweed2.jpg (89 KB, 640x632)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>74226864
>>
>>74226668
Makes u gay
>>
>>74226864
Read a few sentences and know you are a colossal faggot
>>
>>74226668
addiction
memory loss
paranoia
depression

ive just quited it
>>
>>74226889
>>74226908
and unironically gay thoughs
>>
>>74226668
I've been smoking every day for years now and all these
>>74226707
>>74226754
>>74226887
are correct.
I just do it because my evenings are particularly gruesome and there's nothing for me to look forward to in life
>>
>>74226668
South park said it best:
https://youtu.be/G83G0EDE2RY?si=AwsjqUVZ7UseAJfG

weed makes you ok with being mediocre and having low ambition. If you can balance being productive, creative and disciplined with smoking, weed is ok, but most stoners waste their lives away doing fuck all.
>>
>>74226864
Nice plants; too bad sativa/indica effects are all placebo. 95% of weed is some sort of hybrid owing to decades of underground outdoor grow operations. Unless you have a hyper isolated land race, you weed is probably as much of a mutt as the average american
>>
>>74226908
Because you had a stroke?
>>
>>74226668
>What are the downsides of weed?
It regresses your mind into a state of childhood/adolecense; it robs you of your motivation and creativity when sober, it also relaxes you a lot, it can reduce joint pain as well as preventing you from being active, creative or productive. It makes you get angry for a week or two if you quit cold turkey.
It's a very light drug but it's a drug still. I would recommend you smoked recreationally once a week.
>>
>>74227036
I mean. Most people waste their lives away doing fuck-all. You don’t need weed for that.
>>
>>74227060
>Nice plants
They're not mine, just pulled an image off google.
>too bad sativa/indica effects are all placebo. 95% of weed is some sort of hybrid owing to decades of underground outdoor grow operations.
Mostly true but I would argue that effects are mostly influenced by chemotype. There are still cultivars out there that have unique chemotypes with unique effects, you just have to wade through all the advertising and hype to find what you want. For example, I grew a long flowering haze out from a breeder that specializes in old sativas and it absolutely wired me when smoked. I've also found that some indica phenos can have sativa effects and vise versa. Those that claim that all cannabis are the same effect wise probably only have consumed dispensary or popular black market strains. And guess what? All those strains dance around the same campfire genetically due to their short flowering times and selection for high THC so of course you're going to get a homogenized effect.
>>
>>74227137
go figure the weed smoker is retarded
>you're right
>BUT
>word salad about how they're not
>>
>>74227150
Adhom is not very nice and my feelings are starting to get hurt :(

>word salad about how they're not
To expand on this, it really is true that the majority of hybrids you get from legal cultivation will be extremely similar in effect. This is because cultivators are typically looking to make as much money as they can off the plant, and the genetics that offer the biggest return are highly inbred cultivars that have short flowering times and high THC percentages. Why would a facility spend 12 weeks in flower growing a Super Lemon Haze when they can spend like 7-8 weeks in flower growing some god forsaken OG cross?

I know you didn't ask for this information but I thought I would share it anyways.
>>
>>74226668
Downsides of weed (most from my personal experience):
minor anxiety and paranoia
complacency and passivity
decreased motivation (except for first hour after smoking)
mild to moderate cognitive impairment
increased anger and irritability (after coming down and on sober days after chronic use)
addiction
increased prolactin (I have pretty bad pubertal gyno and I suspect it was worsened by being a stoner in high school.)
decreased REM sleep (you know the classic vivid quitting weed dreams? it's your brain trying to catch up on REM sleep).
risk of criminal charges and reduced career options (depends on your situation, of course)

For me these effects built up gradually and I was not even aware of some of them until I was 6-12 months sober and had a perspective from baseline. It really is an insidious drug.
>>
File: 1710200371734296.png (63 KB, 231x205)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>74226668
Makes you brain-dead and a zombie. Moderation, very low moderation, is key for weed. Otherwise you become a zombie. Also don't have it younger then 25.

I know from personal experience. I said fuck it since it was legal in my state. Hadn't had it in three years and got some edible gummies. Did that shit every day or so for around a week or two. Absolutely made me content with life and fine with letting things pass me by. Was a zombie in that state, just kind of going through the motions and consuming media/vidya. I would say its more dangerous then alcohol in terms of how its viewed by ppl nowadays.

>>74226707
Basically this is what happened. Huge mistake was doing it in HS because others on team were doing it. Honestly its degenerate the amount its promoted and consumed. Alcohol at least forces you to see the impact, weed is sly about it and is promoted as healthy.
>>
>>74226668
Depends a lot on your dose. Like Alcohol, it's a big difference between a beer a day and 10 beers a day.
>>
File: 1643283041739.jpg (66 KB, 673x673)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>74227134
Yea, but that’s not what he’s saying. Smoking weed everyday will make you content and passive, life will go by like a dream and when you sober up you will feel like you’ve wasted it all. This isn’t the case for everyone, but it gives people an excuse to lay around day after day and stop pursing whatever things are meaningful to them.

Treat weed the way a responsible time would treat alcohol - on occasion but not in a way that will interfere with your life.
>>
>>74226754
Liiiiike duuuude
>>
>>74226668
low T
low P
>>
>>74226668
You will get lazy and need extra motivation to do shit. I started taming edibles to help me sleep and noticed my will to do anything during the day dropped drastically.
>>
>>74228642
Pic is missing a white man plumber/electrician/lineman/fisherman/etc.
>>
>>74226864
>talks extensively about weed
>ends with describing his penis
>>
>>74226668
I quit weed after smoking 16 years of my life away. Started at 21 and am 38 now. Aside from the obvious legal issues (I was arrested, fined, and put through DUI classes at 32). I needed a lot of weed to get and stay high. This cost me a lot of money. I smoked constantly from morning to midnight. People either don't want to be around it or they mooch. It did a lot of harm socially, especially as friends got married and had kids. I wasn't invited places anymore because all I did was smoke the whole time. Parties became kinda lame because I was usually the only smoker and my tolerance was so incredibly high that I'd need a smoke every 20 mins. I'm naturally really chill and laid back but weed made me irritable and nervous, especially at work. I missed out on relationships. It made me paranoid at times. When I ran out I'd resort to sketchy people to source my weed which put me in dangerous situations. I'd nervously wait for hours for dealers to deliver and was perpetually frustrated by the amount of weed I could get. Usually I'd try to get a qp to reduce the number of deals I had to make but this had consequences. If someone's coming to your house to sell you $50 worth they expect you to have $50. If they come to sell you $600 worth then they ultimately know they can rob you for $600. It was mostly bad for me socially and financially but I also started having weird tightness in my chest before I decided to quit. Then as I began to smoke less, the weed started giving me panic attacks. Finally I just stopped entirely. I save like $8k a year since stopping and my health has improved significantly. When I smoked I could only sleep for like 5 hours a night but now I average 9 hours and my dreams are incredible. Short term memory hasn't improved but I only just quit during christmas of 2022.
>>
>>74226668
Literally everything
>>
>>74226668
It makes you gay.
>>
>>74228845
Plants aren't the only thing of mine that grow >:)
>>
>>74226887
>doesn't kill you, disable your coordination, or make you say dumb shit that will get you in trouble like alcohol will
>don't end up smoking a pack a day like cigs
>just maybe 4 puffs a day, each lasts an hour
WOW, such bad drug!
>>
>>74226668
>a joint a day depletes hippocampus neurons
>>
>>74226668

i make rick simpson oil i take it everyday

low dosages are best, dont smoke it, dont green out and od on it,

grow it yourself or go to a goyspensary

best thing ever to use if you have a bad injury, not good to use day to day for any kind of general soreness or anxiety.

and it will definetly change your brain for the worse so make sure you stay sharp when you use it. use it positively. DONT smoke it. dont ever smoke anything. i smoked for 6 years. nothing but regrets, dry herb vape isnt okay either, dont ever inhale anything more than like. once a year even longer. idk just never do it. never smoke, and if your smoking quit. smoking is not cool and youll never see your full potential if you smoke never smoke.
>>
>>74226668
Causes addiction
>>
>>74229516
Oh no. 4 puffs a day compared to a pack a day with cigs.
>>
>>74226754
I have never heard of a high described in gender lol
What is a masculine high, pcp?
>>
>>74229621
nicotine + caffeine probably
>>
>>74226668
>eat a piece of gummy now and then on weekends
>nice mellow feel
>long lasting
>legal almost everywhere, no license or gay shit required
>no smell
>bag lasts forever
>>
>>74228520
too conservative, this poster would probably snitch even if someone's over 25
>>
>>74229621
Feelings of oneness with the world removes gender, which is feminine to some.
>>
>>74226668
What are the upsides? Speaking of chronic long term use. Are there any at all?
>>
>>74230296
Weed doesn't make me feel like that.
It just makes me appreciate little things like a kid again. The other day I got mad at my mom cuz she used a rude tone. I got high. And just stayed outside looking at the tall grass and trees for like a whole hour, relaxing, and felt like I was in an episode of king of the hill because I live in a hot dry place.
>>
>>74228642
>Smoking weed everyday will make you content and passive, life will go by like a dream and when you sober up you will feel like you’ve wasted it all
Yup
>>
>>74230325
been there dude. it makes it easier to detach from all your little ego wounds
>>
File: 1715115752705126.jpg (391 KB, 1449x2048)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>74226668
Depends on how you use it. I use it at night to unwind and go to sleep which has basically no downside. If you smoke first thing when you're supposed to go do stuff it can turn into a problem. Pic related, the weed fairy.
>>
File: 67.jpg (281 KB, 960x1280)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
Why harm your lungs for some cheap high?
Weed stops being fun after a certain point too, it's not the same enjoyable high where you get munchies and giggle like a little girl at stupid shit
>>
>>74230446
>wasted it all
having fun is not waste of time lol
>>
>>74230600
It’s fun at first, and especially only as an occasional user.
If you get hooked ie getting high every single day, it gets to a point where you just have a permanent -15 IQ debuff and your memory is shot to shit. Life turns into a blurry haze and you can definitely get stuck in this kind of complacent limbo and quite literally waste years being content accomplishing literally nothing and just watching life go by.
It’s a horrifying realization.
>>
>>74229621
Speed.
Pinning test.
>>
File: jew or albanian.jpg (36 KB, 948x669)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
I quit the herbal Jew couple of years ago. Best decision of my life.
You should too.
>>
>>74226668
Much more addictive than people says.
Make you complacent and lazy.
Not good for overall health (cardio issues, lungs…) better if you don’t inhale it but still not good for your hearth and brain
It give you ADHD and other bullshit mental diagnostics.
>>
File: 1715023718399034.png (212 KB, 800x600)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
Anons; will starting weed help give up my alcohol addiction? Asking for a friend
>Hate smoking weed
>Like eating it
Only time I would use weed is via edibles tbhq
>>
>>74231164
My brother was an alcoholic before I introduced him to weed.
It’s better.
Still, he should quit weed because being a dumb pothead is pathetic.
Better than a smelly alcoholic tho.
>>
>>74226668
Every time I smoke weed I can't taste properly for like 2-3 days. Not worth it for the pretty mellow high imo.
tasty food > being high
>>
>>74229621

A manly high is the high you get from a very exhausting workout. When you ran with high intensity/did sprints or when you boxed or wrestled or did a extremly heavy lift or had an extremly good fuck.

I remeber one time when I had a sparring session with a mate of mine and somehow we both got into kill mode and just both swung for life...I was in a good mood for days afterwards.
>>
>>74230296 No it literally imitates estrogen.
Why do you think it kills sperm? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9580681/
https://news.ohsu.edu/2021/07/20/chronic-marijuana-use-alters-female-reproductive-system-may-impact-successful-conception
>>74226754
Is correct it's why trannies all smoke weed. Since he reminded me I think it's time to quit.
>>
>>74231164
Trading one addiction for another
>>
>>74229555
No one who is truly addicted to weed takes only 4 puffs a day. I've had friends go through entire 1 gram carts in a day or two or use grams of shatter and flower on a daily basis because they need to be high to do anything. People like you who defend weed feel a weird need to engage in whataboutism and compare it to alcohol and nicotine out of nowhere.
>>
>>74226668
weed is based, all of my competitors should smoke it as much as they like
>>
>>74231805
>People like you who defend weed feel a weird need to engage in whataboutism and compare it to alcohol and nicotine out of nowhere.
It’s called coping
>>
>>74231164
Whatever the downsides of weed may be, I can say with some certainty that it's better than being an alcoholic.
It always gives me a laugh in these threads how much venom anons spit at weed like it's worse than heroin and meth combined, when in reality it's significantly less bad for you than alcohol, the most socially acceptable vice there is. Sure, smoking too much pot will make you lazy and annoying, but it doesn't systematically destroy every single facet of your life the way being an alcoholic does.
>>
Everyone I know that smokes weed does it as an emotional crutch that ends up drifting away and becoming a shutin
>>
File: 1714731879784649.jpg (68 KB, 522x545)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>74231805
>dude, why would you compare something to other similar things?
Gee Anon, it's a mystery.
>>
>>74232324
Yeah, I used to be pretty much a fat alcoholic. Id rather use weed daily than alcohol. Just the calories from alcohol alone kept me a fat fuck and the anxiety I got from not having a drink was fucking brutal.
Compared to running out of weed its like nothing. Also no calories so no need to worry about getting fat.
>>
>>74232353 cont.
Started to brew my own alcohol from the cheapest apple juice and sugar I could find at some point since it was also getting so fucking expensive to drink daily. I do wonder if I would have started to drink 24/7 at one point if I continued on that path. I have no idea what happened but alcohol pretty much no longer works for me. I get some physical effects from it but nothing else. Really helped me to quit it.
>>
File: stonerchud.png (542 KB, 841x739)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
>>74226668
Weed is addictive. I'm tired of people claiming it's not. It can very easily ruin your life, just like alcohol or LSD or any other substance. Just because the withdraws aren't as noticeable or severe, doesn't mean they don't exist.
I know several people who cannot function without it. If you smoke it every day, or continuously, you WILL get addicted, it is only a matter of time. Bonus points if you start young. Thankfully I grew out of my weed phase as a teenager and have never looked back since. Many of my friends were not as lucky.
I'm not sure exactly how withdraws feel, because as I said, I never got addicted myself, but I know many people (especially college students) who feel the need to smoke it constantly. They cannot go a single minute without getting blazed. Some will claim that it makes them smarter or more focused, usually this is cope BS, as those same people will then suffer poor performance at work or school.
It really is a tragedy that this shit is normalized and legal now. I used to be very pro-legalization, and I don't think people should go to prison for smoking this stuff, but it is NOT safe. Especially with all the new high concentration forms like wax, shatter, and carts. They're usually cut with chinese seed oils as well, which fucks your lungs and gives you cancer.
You will become lazy, lethargic, uninspired, and unable to function without this stuff. In my personal experience, it makes me lose control of myself. I'm not able to think properly, it's like putting a foggy lens over my thinking. Why the fuck would anyone want to make themselves retarded?
And yes, weed is a gateway drug. Part of the reason I'm making a blogpost is because I'm so passionate about this. I had a childhood friend die of a fentanyl overdose recently, he started smoking weed when we were teens and slowly he kept chasing stronger and stronger highs until he was basically a fucking methhead tweaker.

Just drink a pint like the rest of humanity.
>>
File: soyner.png (1.37 MB, 900x900)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>74232324
>>74232189
Pure cope. I would rather be an alcoholic than a stoner. I will die on this hill.
Alcohol has natural consequences. If I drink too much, I will throw up. If I drink too often, I will have constant hangovers and I will feel like shit, even while sober. This deters me from drinking too much.
Unless you have a genetic predisposition or trauma it is unlikely that you are going to randomly become an alcoholic.
>>
>>74226668
Makes you feel great enough and not wanting to do anything than sitting and eating. Good for friday evening I guess
>>
>>74230271
lmao I just don't think its good in heavy doses and excessive amounts. Also your brain is still developing so if your doing it when young prob not the best thing. But at the end of the day ppl will do what they want, and I could care less about the outcome.
>>
>>74232342
How are those drugs similar at all aside from the fact that they are common? The alternative to using a drug is not using it, not using a different more harmful drug. People make that comparison because it is unimaginable to them to not use some drug on a daily basis as a chemical crutch when alcohol and cannabis are not meant to be used as such.
>>
>>74232342
>Is weed good or bad for you?
>OMG ANON I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BAD ALCOHOL IS IT DESTROYS YOUR LIVER AND MARRIAGE AND MAKES YOU FAT AND OLD AND AN ASSHOLE AND
hmmmm
>>
>>74226668
DUDE
>>
>>74232868
>>74232876
>how are common drugs anything like common drugs
retards
>>
>>74226864
Good post thanks anon. Ignore the niggers on here, 80% of this whole site is edge lords who hate themselves and just come here to say mean things to people anonymously.
>>
>>74227036
Idk, I smoked all through college and got my engineering degree. I've smoked on and off during my engineering career and it's been good. At home I find that a good way to start any project is to take a few hits and then dive right in. My yard workouts get complimented with a bong hit every so often, same with chores. I think it comes down to the person, as far as the physiological effects go. The physical effects, I'm not too sure idk my t levels.
>>
>>74232933
You are the retard who doesn't realize a different drug of a completely different class being "worse" for you speaks nothing to the harms of cannabis. Sure, you can make a harm reduction argument but that is for drug addicts and most clinicians don't follow that approach for a reason.
>>
>>74227667
The dreams truly are insane. A solid week of waking up drenched in sweat after dreaming in 4k, 240fps. But the sleep is much more fulfilling. Weed is like booze in the sense that you fall asleep easier but the quality suffers.
>>
File: 1428447833773.jpg (13 KB, 300x191)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>74226668
Its only a problem if its a problem. Literally every professional out there either smokes weed or drinks. Most likely both.
Most professional athletes smoke.
The only people who seem to have a problem with it are people who have nothing important going on in their lives and want to feel better about themselves
>>
>>74226746
bro was it thc-p (tetrahydrocanabiphorol) ? that shit made me puke for a whole night with almost comatous high and i had to sleep basically for 32 hours with just 2 pissing seassions. worst shit i ve experienced yet
>>
>>74232324
Most people who drink do so occasionally.
Drinking 2 glasses of nice wine 1-2 a week at dinner won’t fuck you up.
Most people who smoke are fucking potheads who need to smoke or they ain’t sleeping.
>t. ex smoker
>>
>>74233249
No most drinkers are problem drinkers

Something like an estimated half of the populations drinkers are high risk drinkers

drinking more than like 3 pints of beer is a binge. Theres 5 pints worth of beer (unit equivalent) in a bottle of wine, so people who share 1 bottle of wine with their partner is binge drinking. Do that 3 times a week and youre basically an alcoholic
>>
>>74233145
>bro was it thc-p (tetrahydrocanabiphorol) ?
no it was called yangonin, I felt like I was crossfaded
>>
I smoke weed before, during and after work. It makes the commute nicer and the work seem less shitty. Seems to help with fatigue out in the elements. Weed+manual labor is goated.
>downsides
You’re inhaling burning plant material if you smoke flower, and that’s bad. It’s addictive, although easy to quit you’ll miss getting high, I know I did when I quit for a year.
The main downside has got to be the money. Fuck, it’s a money sink.
>>
Ive literally never known a fit stoner. Likewise Ive never known someone who both habitually smokes weed and has a very well managed and lucrative lifestyle. Why is it that alcoholics can potentially still be productive but stoners can't?
>>
>>74233396
i know over dozen of them.
>>
>>74231132
he means a giant not an albanian
>>
>>74233290
That's Kava, not a THC product although it binds to the same CB1 receptor.
>>
>>74233386
people who get high and drive should have their licenses taken away
>>
>>74232342
Except none of those substances are similar
>>
>>74233925
Oh, they try ;<)
Just dont be dumb.
>>
>>74231068
>waste years
1.5 decades
>>
>>74233897
thats why I said it was a non-THC cannabinoid?
also it wasn't Kava it was Vicia cracca
>>
>>74231344
Yea so the fact that every response names something different means none of you have an idea wtf you’re talking about.
>>
i tried an edible 3 months ago and my nervous system has never quite recovered. i had a full-body spasm with pain going down my spine that took a week to subside, and i'll still get muscle twitches randomly throughout the day.
>>
>>74228520
>Makes you brain-dead and a zombie. Moderation, very low moderation, is key for weed. Otherwise you become a zombie. Also don't have it younger then 25.
>
>I know from personal experience. I said fuck it since it was legal
same
also really fucked with my emotion regulation, working memory size, ability to plan, and all the other shit
>>
>>74233962
same
>>
>>74232515
Bro is talking about alcoholics not occasional drinkers. Degenerate pothead is a better fate than degenerate alcoholic. Alcoholics are not deterred by throwing up and being hungover they just drink more. I've known both. You sound like you don't have much experience dealing with either.
>>
>>74233249
I know plenty of occasional cannabis users too. It's far more common now that's it's legalized.
>>
>>74234254
Neither of those things are good you brainwashed idiot. How is picking the lesser poison supposed to convince anyone anything?
How about don’t be a fuckin degenerate at all?
>>
co-worker is a pothead. comes in stoned right before work. tells me he can quit anytime he wants but he doesn't believe he needs to because he has his life in order. he barely works 1-2 hours per day, some days even less than that. I hate potheads like you wouldnt believe.
>>
Occasional use is fine and certainly safer+less harmful than alcohol. That being said, it definitely messes with your brain. I work as an IT Architect and I can tell if I vape a few days in a row my cognition is noticeably worse, like I lost 10 IQ points and my memory isn't great.
I try to treat it like a treat on the weekends here and there, makes doing bullshit chores around the house pleasurable and relaxing easier.
>>
Mostly lungs though some people get cramps. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>74234409
>I can tell if I vape a few days in a row my cognition is noticeably worse, like I lost 10 IQ points and my memory isn't great
maybe its me being an occasional user (2-3 times per year) but thats also my experience. the effect persists atleast a day after I smoked and I only smoke a micro dosis like 3-4 hits from a joint.
>>
>>74234294
Obviously, neither is better. The post said he'd rather be an alcoholic than a pothead and then described moderate drinking. I disagree. Sorry this was too hard for you to follow. It's good that you are sober because you don't have many braincells to spare.
>>
>>74234409
This. It's fine once in while. An edible is nice if it's a shitty day out and you just want to spend an evening listening to music or watching a movie. 4 channlers are autistic and view everything in extremes tho
>>
>>74226864
high IQ post, putting weed haters to shame
>>
>>74234425
Agreed. Luckily, it does seem to be temporary.
>>74234446
Yeah, that's the best. Nothing to do today? Pop an edible and relax. I definitely consider myself a driven individual, and I work pretty hard during the weekdays, so not bothered by chilling on the weekend!
>>
>>74234537
>high IQ post
it's word salad and verifiably untrue
weed smokers prefrontal cortex is fucked and so is yours
>>
>>74233277
>>74234269
Keep coping, potheads. Most weed users around me smoke every fucking day, they all say they can quit whenever they want but when they actually run out they feel shitty and can’t sleep. At most they go one week without smoking and then go back to smoke everyday.
Most people who enjoy a bottle of wine with their partner do it during the weekend and not everyday.
>>
>>74226864
Sativa/indica is bullshit. Only thing that matter is THC potency. Old weed was alright but now is completly fucked because most weed available is high THC low CBD strains when ideally they should be equal and rather low.
>>
>>74229443
You just started smoking, I guess. Try smoking somewhat regularly for a decade.
>>
>>74226939
Ex-pothead and I agree. I’m glad I stopped even if it took me 10 years. I was one of those annoying "yeah bruh I’m a productive stoner bruh" faggot because I obtained master, a cozy job and a gf while smoking everyday.
Now I’m almost 1 year without smoking and realize how dumb, complacent and bitchy I was. Physically make me cringe every time I think about it.
It’s a cattle drug. Also make you overly emotional.
>>
>>74234678
>was
you sound bitchy now
stfu
>>
>>74234852
Cope druggie
>>
>>74234678
That's a you thing bro. My ex's say I'm like dating a man emotionally and they hate it. I smoke, they don't.

It inhibits swelling or immune response, increases appetite, and plenty of rad things. It does not cure cancer, make your lungs happy, turn you into a big baby bitch boy or make you crazy a month later in any way that a good laugh wouldnt.
>>
>>74226668
Weed lets me have explosive prostate orgasms. Pair with aneros and you won't even want to jerk off normally ever again.
>>
>>74234873
almost any drug used habitually will make you irritable in the absence of it
>>
>>74234873
>My ex's say I'm like dating a man emotionally
?
>>
>>74234873
Used to say shit like that to other too.
>>
File: Thisbitch.gif (2.1 MB, 268x220)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB GIF
>>74234910
>>74234883
So do carbs. What's your point? If you can't keep your shit together get a therapist or join a book club.
>>
>>74234873
>it inhibits swelling or immune response
This is a good thing how?
Habitual use of any drug is bad. Keep coping.
>>
>>74234958
A plethora of reasons, not sure what you think you're doing by icing injuries but it's not an nsaid.

If you feel like you're making a point. Stop and think. Think a little more. And if you're truly confident don't because you're clearly knuckle dragging stupid.

I agree though, you shouldn't smoke weed.
>>
>>74234990
There’s a difference between acute injuries and permanently inhibiting your body’s recovery processes because you’re high all day. Stop acting smart youre a fucking idiot.
>>
File: Itsokaytobestupid.jpg (29 KB, 500x500)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>74235023
YOU SCARE PAIN BAD AWAY BECAUSE BRR BRR COLD
>>
>but alcohol is worst
>but so do carbs
>but nicotine also is
>but refined sugar is bad too
>but but but
Stoners are insufferable. Body-positive fat lard tier.
>>
>>74235110
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

>you should try it
>>
>>74229621
Cocaine broooooo
>>
Use to be a chronic user in my early 20s and wasted a lot of time. I can be midly useful once in a while for:
>a change from normal perception
>aphrodisiac and increased intensity of orgasm
>>
>>74226668
You can be blazed every day without any immediate downside so you eventually become a moss nugget without realizing how badly you're wasting your life
Having some beers on the weekend and feeling like shit the next day is better because you know you have to only drink once in a while to not die
>>
>>74233427
>over dozen
Sure you do Rajeesh
>>
>>74226668
Fat
>>
>>74235930
I just jerked off and came to this video, thanks
>>
>>74235034
Pipe down retard
>>
File: 1689695046141483.jpg (15 KB, 320x213)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>74226668
>brainfog
>loss of motivation
>addiction
>psychosis (if youre subsceptible to it)
Another downside which no one ever talks about is that it affects how anesthesia works on you. I had a colonscopy last week and my doc told me that they had a lot of trouble keeping me asleep, probably because i smoke too much (never even told me my doc that i smoke weed).
However just like with everything else, most downsides only come when you do too much (i.e. smoking every day), so just limit it to 1-2 times a week and youre good
>>
>>74237650
THC has nothing to do with the receptors anesthesia effects try again. The only concern they have is creating a cocktail that would actually make you more " subsceptible". Go to bed and stop making up stories about drugs you've never tried on a health and fitness server.
>>
File: 1679967437460733.png (184 KB, 671x604)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
The harm caused by cannabis is pretty minimal if you aren't smoking it, in terms of least to most harm caused to your body it probably goes something like this:
Eating cannabis < vaping dry cannabis = vaping dry tobacco < vaping e-juice thc = vaping e-juice nicotine < smoking cannabis < smoking tobacco < drinking alcohol
Obviously dosage makes the poison, but all things being equal this ranking is mostly true, and frankly I've never heard of someone binging on cannabis / tobacco so hard that they died the next morning
>>
>>74226883
> someone who partakes in X thinks X is good

what a sharp observation
>>
>>74235930
I love fat wet pussy plopping down on my BWC
>>
>>74237670
> https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/coming-clean-your-anesthesiologist-needs-to-know-about-marijuana-use-before-surgery-2020011518642
Retard.
>>
>>74226908
You aren't addicted to weed you're just a boring human
Memory loss? Yeah take a break
Paranoia? That's anxiety because you're using weed to ignore what's on your mind
Depression? Again that's you

Can't blame the herb for your underlying issues
>>
>>74238971
People like you are so pathetic and insecure. You can't just accept that some people have problems with a substance or that it can have downsides, you just have to double down in denial. Defensive over a drug.
>>
>ITT: potheads cope and seethe
>>
>>74238971
ive smoked 10 years, ive made and had the best weed for the last 2 years, i have jus throwed it on the toitel beucase it is not even fun anymore, my brain has the necesity to get high, to enjoy anything, so today is my first real 0 weed day, i hope i dont kms
i hate being addicted it is fucking stupid to need a substance to just function
>>
Any europeans weed smoker here?
How do I avoid mixing my weed with cigarettes while not ruining myself economically wise?
>>
File: 546756785678678.jpg (57 KB, 827x570)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>74239074
>rolling tobacco
>bulk buying
>not fitness
>>
>>74239059
You will be fine but it takes time to get out of that anhedonic funk you get in when you quit. NAC and L-Tyrosine can help. Take up new hobbies even if you really don't want to.
>>
>>74239088
I always tought that the "rolling tobacco is less toxic' was a meme created by tobbacco industries to sell more of their shit.
Is it actually true?
>>
>>74226668
My dick starts itching after weed so i dont smoke anymore
>>
File: 56485678567957.jpg (59 KB, 700x540)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>74239313
personally I smoke tobacco because its cheaper and last longer...bought few packs of cigs last month and its a real burden on my wallet.
I got bigger issues to worry that my tobacco be less toxic tho...
>>
>>74226668
The real answer is that it makes you feel OK with being bored/doing nothing. If you smoke often enough that smoking becomes the activity, you need to reassess the way you use weed. Also, watching TV doesn't count as an activity.
>>
Honest opinions please if possible.

Do or don’t.

Pros.
Weed takes the edge off of “what the fucking fuck.”
Helps with running.

Cons.
It’s too psychologically addictive
I get overly complacent
Munchies interferes with my ability to manage T2 diabetes correctly.
“Dude weed lmao” think.
>>
>>74226668
just smoke at the end of the day after you're done with all your shit.
>>
Mostly harmless but annoying drug.

I can technically manage being sober but my mind tells me that reality is just too miserable (boring at best?) without it.

For the record this is why I wanted to pursue friends, a gf/fwb at some point, and an intellectually challenging job that required ne to be sober at some point.

“No such thing.”
“4th amendment.”
“Court.”
“Weirdo politics.”
All day every day.
>>
>>74239772
That’s what I did when I still had a job. Having nothing to do makes managing the addiction much more difficult.

Not being passive aggressive, that’s just my reality.

Captcha: 0P2PK Yeah I agree. That’s an indefinite legal predicament that I refuse to off myself or go “crazy” over rofl.
>>
>>74239825
“Learn as much as you can at C50 and find a tech job someday. You’re smart enough to do a ton of science related jobs. Accept that you’re just going to be 20% dumber until some major life change happens.”

The irony is that I would’ve loved a sober gf who wanted to pussy whip me into shape a bit. Sigh.
>>
Daily reminder that you all have no legal or logical right to be here and that this is a human rights violation.
>>
>>74239901
suck it abdul
>>
>>74239940
Yeah… It was worth a shot.

At the very least I need to eat better. Talking about quitting ruins quitting lol.

No I don’t. Your reality didn’t matter if mine is this shit. Keep that in mind everyone.
>>
>>74231068
Yep. 23 to 27. High every evening. Little toke in the morning. Little toke on my lunch break occasionally. 5pm to 11pm high as a kite, watching a simpsons episode for the 50th time, zoned out listening to music or jacking myself off into a cum soaked coma.
What a fucking waste of time. I regret it so much. Wish I'd got really into a team sport or something instead. Anything else. Although I had other issues and that was my mental escape. Wasn't until I was super suicidial that I took action. Gym helped the most. Doing well now.
>>
File: 1000007860.jpg (194 KB, 569x633)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>74226668
Besides the obvious lung problems and lethargy, there is bone degradation and metabolic inefficiency which explains why pot heads eat so much yet process little to be skinny (skinnyfat).
There are medicinal positives. It reduces gastrointestinal inflammation. It alleviates indigestion. Marijuana balms are competitive with muscle soreness rubs like Tiger Balm and are good for your skin. Cannabis seeds have omega 3 and omega 6 and omega 9 more so than hemp.
>>74226707
Not an argument. What a low level of dialogue for a stunted attention span. You're not interested in medicine, only insults and status (once but no longer incumbent status). NFL players smoke weed. Weed culture (since it was illegal) was only expressed by outcasts with nothing to lose, little to gain, and no one to be presentable to with no one to legally cater to. You are pointing at your own social ills not the concrete material itself.
>>
>>74239975
Gym is helping but the drama gets annoying.

I figure that if I improve my physical health enough then my mental health will improve.
>>
File: 1000007882.jpg (137 KB, 1024x999)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>74240037
Olympians smoke weed
Chuds smoke weed
Arnold Schwarzenigger smokes weed
Hot babes smoke weed
>>
>>74240037
Also weed causes memory problems.
That's huge. That fuckin sucks.
>>
It’s a lifesaver in regards to PTSD. Why would I want to remember most of this?
>>
>>74240037
lotta words to say "I'm a faggy pothead"
Ain't reading all that fuck potheads your prefrontal cortex is damaged beyond repair
dude weed
>>
>>74240101
What a stupid asshole. I have smoked weed a few times but that doesnt make me a pot head for being knowledgable about your witch hunt, Reefer Madness.
>>
Fuck it I’ll try again after Shadow of the Erdtree.

Sprints/sticking to better eating in the meantime.

Fascinating. This admittedly works and it looks like we’re indefinitely in a stalemate. As long as everyone gets that it’s whatever I suppose. It doesn’t seem like anyone really cares about this in reality.

“The government is watching us lmao.” Our generation is used to it. Just keep your people in check please.
>>
File: Youaresocoolandworldly.gif (3.77 MB, 640x334)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB GIF
>>74240101
You going to work this morning because your brain is fragile and rigid
>>
The idea that I was supposed to be the “threat” is laughable lmao.

Captcha: MR8N You people do realize that just describes a totally normal male’s sexuality right?
>>
File: 1715262837223301.jpg (380 KB, 993x1192)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
>>74226668
Some of the most successful, smartest people I've met were complete stongers. Don't let surface level retards who smoke pot and listening to Bob Marley be the actual face of marijuana culture. Lots of people keep it to themselves.
>>
>>74240153
I've tried weed and I've tried non-weed CBx receptor drugs, and they all fucking suck kek
cope harder
>>
Why every stoners say shits like >>74240173 to cope with being suckers?
>>
>>74240175
>> IVE DONE D9 OKAY

Alright honey don't forget your lunch.
>>
Weirdo who wanted to be a smarter, more likeable weirdo. Idk what to think of this other than “I liked existing and didn’t ask for any of this.”
>>
>>74240214
>YOU'RE CLOSE MINDED BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T TRIED IT
>YOU'RE A LOSER BECAUSE YOU'VE TRIED IT
pretty sure consistency and memory problems are caused by weed misuse, be careful there bud wouldn't wanna strain yourself.
>>
>>74240204
I don't smoke weed lmao
>>
Fine in moderation, like anything. A lot of people get used to "getting high" and make it the activity and waste money and time as a habit. If you don't fall into that trap, it's not super harmful.
It is a great PED for cardio, too, it can make really dull, long sessions of steady state cardio seem more fun and rewarding
>>
>>74240173
>>74240057
see:
>>74226707
>>
>>74240246
Man wait till you find out what idling in a car at an intersection does.

Eventually. When you're ready. It's okay.
>>
>>74240173
>>74240057
Based.
>>
I’ll take that as a “sure, fuck us.”

Reasonable requests if your bosses ever get tired of me.
>>
>>74240371
>great PED for cardio
Not when it structurally damages your circulatory system. As more research comes out, it might turn out to be quite possibly one of the worst things you can do for your heart.
https://www.heart.org/en/news/2024/02/28/marijuana-use-linked-to-higher-risk-of-heart-attack-and-stroke
>>
>>74240388
I accept your concession
>>
>>74240455
This. So much this. Worse than alcohol.
>>
>>74240455
Unreliable study without mechanistic link, goes into the trash.
>>
>>74226707
i dont beat my wife when I smoke. seems pretty positive.
>>
>>74240532
But the survey said
>>
>>74240565
I do whether I smoke or not. Sigh.

Just a friend real one is fine. I just don’t get it.
>>
>>74240532
Like I said, the research is early on this subject and proving a direct causative link is not an easy thing to do but there is other emerging evidence. Cardiologists have been telling patients to stay away from THC for years anyway.
>>
>>74229621

Coke and pinning t. I tried coke twice but didn't like it. Test, however, feels like a mild coke high all day long without the awful effects coke have on your wellbeing. The times I tried coke I felt very nauseous and anxious.
>>
>>74240664
Okay but you posted the scientific version of family feud
>>
>>74240838
Sure but that is just one part of an emerging body of evidence. Not to mention just the anecdotal experience of many people who use cannabis and have higher heart rates. It is very clearly not good for your heart, which is enough to dissuade me from daily use (on top of many other good reasons). The risk in that study was much lower for monthly users but still not great for weekly users.
>>
>>74241554
No smoking clearly isn't good for your heart, thc and cbd has not been studied in any other form towards the heart in any setting let alone a controlled one than inhalation.
>>
File: 2f2.png (8 KB, 194x259)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>74240532
>data I dont like is wrong because uhhh
>because you can't say WHY
>correlation isn't caustation chud
>>
>>74241617
>t.
>>
>>74241617
That same study refers to THC in all forms of consumption but it doesn't explain how the risks differ between edibles, vaping, and combusting.
>>
You should all check the stoners meltdown in r/science when this study was posted. Suddently, studies aren’t reliable kek
>a good study is a study than confirm what I believe
>>
>>74241681
There's also a study saying 9/10 men would rape a woman if they could without getting caught because they surveyed a farming university by walking up to men and asking them.

It's just a shitty " study"
>>
>>74241691
>they surveyed a farming university by walking up to men and asking them
Which has nothing to do with a survey of tens of thousands of people controlling for dozens of variables published in the most scrutinized peer-reviewed cardiovascular medical journal. Not all surveys are the same, they are just a preliminary form of research. Observational studies of smaller groups also have limitations.
>>
>>74241722
Is not even close to
>>74240455
What happened in this study. No medical professional takes any given patient at face value and if they did they would end up murdering a lot more people. Why do people think putting it in a neat column makes it more reliable?

Every time I've been in the ER while doing cocaine I certainly don't say I was doing cocaine, I say just weed when they ask about drugs. It's a retard study and I don't even hate the cause. I'm ambivalentm doesn't change the fact that it's family feud.
>>
>>74241770
Tldr instead of championing retard studies to prove points on the internet demand real controlled studies take place instead of internal data specialists justifying their jobs while snorting the grant money.

We already know smoking is bad.
>>
>>74232342
So that makes your narcotic less harmful? The thread's subject is marijuana, so don't bring other things here
>>
>>74241777
There are randomized controlled trials underway for many things related to THC but in the absence of those, these surveys are clearly concerning and show that there is a strong association even if surveys aren't completely accurate. People who use cannabis heavily will just deny higher quality studies as they emerge as well. There is already a lot of denialism when it comes to cannabis and psychosis, lung health, brain health, and cancers like testicular cancer. It is going to take a generational shift and public awareness to change that.
>>
>>74242283
No we already know smoking is bad for you. This study says fuck all. Sorry. You're just trying to prove a point and it's annoying and sad you can't be objective which is why you said randomized controlled studies like that means something.
>>
Yall niggers act like weed will ruin your life but then run to the most insidious drug of all, a full-time job. Before you know it your life will be over and you won't have done shit.
>>
decided after 17 years of smoking this shit daily that i need a change. admittedly i'm sipping on a rum and coke this friday night to help take the edge off - but i need that thought clarity.
to those who feel they can cope smoking daily, hats off to you, but for me i could tell it was stopping me from achieving what i want most in life, and for that I needed to make a decision. Lets see how long I last.
>>
>>74242347
>your brain on weed
>>
Stoners are some of the worst people i’ve ever met. Still, I buy a pack of edibles maybe once a month because I don’t drink anymore and I need something to take the edge off when I find myself at a loose end. Like anything, just don’t over do it till it becomes damaging.
>>
>>74242312
Right, I'm the one not being objective when you keep repeating smoking is bad when that study specifies THC in all forms is associated with adverse cardiovascular outcomes, not just smoking. You are clearly defensive and touchy about this subject but I'm sure you know better than the cardiologists at the AHA.
>>
>>74243530
you're a disgusting pothead if you think about any other way to ingest pot
you should be put down like a fucking dog
>>
>>74243530
But it's not all forms when there's no control and 80% of people inhale it

Smoking is bad seethe more
>>
>>74243543
What are you even talking about you crazy fuck? I'm arguing against using weed, that study earlier refers to the increase heart attack and stroke risk of THC in all forms. Learn to read, idiot.
>>
>>74243572
Not thc, Marijuana huge difference.
>>
>>74226668
In the short term, regular consumption can obviously have negative consequences on your employment situation, your housework, and your gains because it's inebriating and usually encourages serious sloth and gluttony. I've found that large (for me) doses tend to spike my heart rate which is probably bad, but don't know if that's consistent with others' experiences. Some studies also indicate that chronic use of the chronic can have adverse effects on testosterone, and others have noted that CBD can inhibit estrogen production and cause issues with pregnancy. All in all, it should be treated like any other recreational substance- enjoyed occasionally and in moderation, and strictly recreationally rather than as medicine (unless otherwise directed by a physician).
>>
>>74243551
So without getting emotionally charged, what kind of study with what parameters would you accept as evidence that THC itself causes cardiovascular harms? It has already been shown that the risk of heart attack sharply increases in the 4 hours after THC consumption. It is common knowledge that THC can cause tachycardia. There has also been research on THC causing blood vessel damage and atherosclerosis in mice.
>>
>>74243586
What is the point you are making exactly?
>>
>>74243605
A controlled study where you take those undergoing blood panels and have them consume tinctures or otherwise clear clean methods of just thc extract and observe changes.

Kind of like how we do with rats, ferrets and primates for any recognized study outside of Marijuana. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>74243637
>>tfw studies done on how cool it is to infect every crevice with gonorrhea on south Americans was more thorough than anything linked in this thread

And that was the 50s
>>
>>74243572
>I'm arguing against using weed
then quit promoting new ways to do pot, fucking disgusting reefer
I'll bet you fuck kids
>>
>>74243637
You understand that the potential damage or changes that THC in those forms would cause would take place with heavy consumption over the course of years or decades right? You would also have to control for dozens of other things that can cause cardiovascular damage. If it's not rocket science, then there would already be studies on this no?
>>
>>74243605
Also they fed mice it in oil form in the only consumption based study recognized and I'm not sure I'd you know this but the amount of water in a grape can kill a mouse, not the sugar. Mouse studies are akin to high school science fair for most things which is a great first step but only the first foot out. They are seed based omnivores that get moisture and protein through insects. Ferrets are closer to our biology than mice.

Rats =/= mice
>>
>>74243664
We did it when we noticed BP medication gave men erections, we're more than capable and have the time. Or you can just keep posting bullshit studies.
>>
>>74226668
Smoking all the time, a lot of downsides, keep it to once a month at most
>>
>>74240037
isn't omega 6 the bad one?
>>
>>74243683
So why has no one done it then? Is it maybe because it's not simple as you are making it seem? Why would the top cardiovascular researchers at the AHA and NIDA do "bullshit studies" instead?
>>
>>74243700
Because assholes like you keep giving data analysts spreadsheets while putting the grant money up their noses. Full circle. Ya did it buddy. I'm proud.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.