[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: musk.png (448 KB, 414x501)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
>GNU/Linux questions >>>/g/fglt
>Windows questions >>>/g/fwt
>PC building >>>/g/pcbg
>Programming questions >>>/g/dpt
>Good, cheap laptops >>>/g/tpg
>Cheap electronics >>>/g/csg
>Server questions >>>/g/hsg
>Buying headphones >>>/g/hpg
>Best /g/ archive: https://iqfy.com/tech/
>Best way to build a media collection: >>>/g/ptg

How to find/activate any version of Windows?
https://rentry.org/installwindows

Previous thread: >>100062135
>>
File: file.png (926 KB, 1200x675)
926 KB
926 KB PNG
when did it become possible to copy paste images? I swear that I didn't find out about this until a year ago.
I never used to make thread OPs on 4chan because I hated having to find and download a random image on google images just to upload it and then delete it.
>>
recommended way to downloading a spotify no-ad apk without chinese spyware or something?
>>
>>100105805
Unless you know something I don't, you still have to do that because the interface for starting new threads and posting replies has a file selector.
>>
Ordered a new phone before realizing it has no headphone jack. Are USB-C to 3.5mm converters reliable? Does anyone have a recommended brand/model?
>>
Using windows
My SSD is filled up I'm gonna install a second one tomorrow
do I need to install Windows on the second SSD as well, or can I just use it as storage and install my vidya gaems on it? BG3 is taking up so much fucking space god damn
>>
Is there a firefox plugin that helps organize tabs?

I'm looking for something that lets me sort of "pocket" certain tabs, label them like "reading this","save this" etc and improve organization
>>
>>100107413
>Unless you know something I don't
4chan x chrome extension.
>>
File: file.png (385 KB, 1881x1062)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>>100107573
I remember using onetab on firefox. workona is a highly rated tab organizer, but I never use it. I always try to make tab groups, and I keep one window open for tab groups and one window open for ungrouped tabs. Also try to take advantage of the fact that firefox is one of the few browsers with a tagging system for bookmarks. And try to use a browser that has vertical tabs. It's unintuitive, but once your tabs start piling up, vertical tabs make them much easier to manage. I shit you not, my new favorite browser is microsoft edge because of how well it manages tabs, as well as other quality of life features.
>>
>>100107652
>workona pricing
>people actually pay for a tab organizer
holy shit
>>
File: 1686043005167026.jpg (64 KB, 1136x1136)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
The stock router the ISP gave isn't enough to cover my parent's 2-storey house. I setup an AP downstairs (same SSID) but they're annoyed that their phones keep connecting to the weaker signal when moving back and forth around the house. What do I need to be on the lookout in terms of specs if I'm planning to get a new router to cover the whole house?

I took a look into OpenWRT but unfortunately my AP device (an old router in AP mode) is not supported.
>>
>>100108052
It should support IEEE 802.11r-2008
>>
>>100107211
4pda
>>
>>100105771
Make me tesla robot waifu elon!
>>
File: 1713673714993595.jpg (18 KB, 184x248)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Oh, magic 8 ball, will Debian be the last distro I use or will I hop again?
>>
I made this thread on wsr. Any ideas or leads?

>>>/wsr/1457238
>>
>>100105771
>Mega downloading at 120 KB/s
>my download speed is 1000 Mb/s
Why do people use Mega...
>>
>have a lot of text (CSV, or general text file)
>want to make it pretty via a template for printing
What's the best way to do this?

Ideally I want to be able to edit the plain text and then turn it again into the pretty formatted text for printing. What's the best approach to this?
>>
>>100109855
--download-sections '*X:XX-Y:YY' might work? not sure how you would do that for ongoing livestreams where timestamps are negative though
if you mean how do you trim a video without reencoding it or using davinci/premiere/w/e, ffmpeg -ss XX:XX -to YY:YY -i SRC -c copy DST
>>
>>100107460
>Are USB-C to 3.5mm converters reliable
Reliable _enough_ for a price. Now, don't get your panties in a bunch, but apple type-c to 3.5mm adapter is the one of the best, including the price. Just note that EU version is half the volume of US one.
If you have an allergy for Apple, go on Aliexpress search for CX31993 and pick one you like the most. I've got one from GraveAudio and OpenHeart -- they're both fine, and much louder than apple one; but also slightly less convenient because of the bulk and having too loud of the lowest volume if you're using sensitive IEMs in a quiet room.
>>
>>100107534
>can I just use it as storage and install my vidya gaems on it
Yes, if you're using Steam you just add new drive to the library and move everything there. I'm sure other clients have same or similar feature; and for pirated games it's better to reinstall on a new drive or try to move them manually and see what happens.
>>
>>100107573
I'm using Tab Manager Plus + several firefox windows that you can name any way you like.
>>
>>100108435
Hop off the window of the 17 floor, please.
>>
>>100110038
Ask your ISP what's going on, they might throttle it. Works great on my end.
>>
>>100110162
That used to be a feature of any word processor back in the days, called something like "letter templates". Check one you're using to see if it has it.
>>
>>100110308
thanks
>>
>>100108052
>get any regular Wi-Fi router
>configure a plain access point mode (picrel)
>place it where Wi-Fi gets weak
>run a network cable to the main router
There.
>>
Like 2 and a halfish years ago I used to see the /cumg/ general on this board.
I was looking for a ripping solution for booru sites and remembered lolisnatcher. I installed it and it is so good. It is not recommended on any of the .moe sites I use to look at. Nor on any of the piacy sites I looked at. I remembered it because some site called alterniveto.net was the only one that dared mentioned its name.
Idk if this is really a question for this thread but, what in the world happened to cumg?
>>
File: 1713702640598.png (487 KB, 2150x985)
487 KB
487 KB PNG
>>100111205
This, just not TP-Link, they are bottom of the barrel trash.
Asus, Netgear, DLink, or chink stuff straight from Aliexpress if you want the cheapest possible.
Also, have a look at Roaming Assistant in the router settings. This makes the router drop clients when their signal strength is too low, forcing them to reconnect to a closer AP. Don't go crazy with the values, and test thoroughly. It took me a few tries to get to a sweet spot.
>>
File: file.png (330 KB, 414x501)
330 KB
330 KB PNG
>>100105771
fixed
>>
Is there any way to get yewtube (https://github.com/mps-youtube/yewtube) history to be more like ytfzf? The latter shows me every video i've watched with the exact time and date, but yewtube just shows that i've seen certain videos with no additional information
I'd switch over to ytfzf for that alone but the project's discontinued and takes way longer to pull videos.
>>
On Windows, If I lock a local account that has Admin priveliges, does it only block login meaning that I am still able to utilise that account when something needs elevated priveliges to run (e.g. using "Run as..." from the context menu, or during a UAC prompt), or does it completely block any and all interaction?
>>
>>100110245
I will try your method. Thanks in advance
>where timestamps are negative though
I use a rough estimate with the slider on the phone youtube app and drag till the time i need (the longer it gets, the more annoying it is to estimate the timing)
>>
>>100112145
what's the difference?
>>
>>100110038
i use wormhole.io
>>
>>100112981
thicker thighs
>>
Built a custom router and got thinking: would it be possible to route/masquerade IPv4 over IPv6? You know like instead of doing an IPv4 DHCP and routing IPv4 as usual you'd just do IPv6 router advertisements. Is that possible?
>>
>>100113170
There are solutions, `tayga` being one of them.
It can't be done at the protocol/routing level since they are completely separate protocols.
>>
>>100113214
But there's no
>throw out a special kind of router advertisement prefix
>clients configure accordingly
>everyone has IPv4 internets???
-type of solution?
>>
>>100113476
No. Think of IPv4 and IPv6 as you would about IPv4 and IPX or DHCP or ICMP, there's nothing in common.
>>
I need an outdoor camera, preferably non wired, is nest decent?
>>
File: 179424234233523528.jpg (37 KB, 483x470)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>100105805
>& Paste
What if I Paste more than once? I "& Paste" again and again.
>>
Who tf forgot to include the stupid question general port of the title/subject
>>
File: 1711039946264614.jpg (230 KB, 960x960)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>100105771
retard with a question here
i got win 7, and wanted to install more ram.
if i do, then i gotta upgrade my windows 7 to professional, which idk if i can get anymore.
so i figure i'll get a linux os that can offer good darkmode and 32gb ram lol

and then my mouse broke yesterday. i was going to buy the razer naga pro cause i need my many buttons on the side
(im using the old mouse now, remapped the broken left and right buttons to side buttons, love me some side buttons)
but that mouse's software doesn't support linux.

idk. can anyone recommend a 'mmo' mouse (plenty buttons for macros) for linux?
idk about bothering with upgrading my win 7 to pro lol
>>
File: 1713712500134..jpg (188 KB, 1920x1080)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>100113901
Corsair Scimitar
You configure it on Windows using iCue, save the profiles to device, then it works on any OS or computer.
It will not work on Windows correctly until you stop iCue, so don't be discouraged if you see your mouse doing weird shit while iCue is running.
On Linux you could try to use ckb-next for configuration, but the same caveat applies – uninstall or stop ckb-next after you're done configuring, or else the mouse will seem to not do what you configured it to do.
>>
File: acemagic laptop.jpg (639 KB, 1079x1626)
639 KB
639 KB JPG
This laptop is initially $1600, but with coupons and deals it's $480. Am I getting a good price? Is it actually worth $1600?
>>
>>100105771
WHO is dat faggot?
And why does he have hair transplant?
>>
>>100112665
i believe it depends on the system configuration and set policies
>>
>>100114086
It was never worth that much. You're overpaying for a no-name ultrabook.
That is NOT a gaming laptop, it only has integrated graphics and not even of the good kind.
Don't waste your money.
>>
>>100114086
ace magic is a cheap Chinese brand but if you can actually get it $480 and you’re ordering through Amazon and not the companies website then yeah I’d say it’s a good price. Main thing I’d be worried about with this is battery reliability
>>
>>100114146
Alright thanks. Yea I just learned that the GPU was integrated kek (shortly after making that post) that immediately made me think not to purchase it.
>>
>>100114146
>>100114180

Oh never mind I missed where it said it’s a gaming laptop. Not worth if that’s what you want
>>
I have my PC hooked up downstairs and only want to "access" its files on a laptop upstairs. I've been trying to set up services like Plex and Stash, but the interfaces are shitty and I don't like transcoding half the stuff because of weird file formats.
Is there any easier solution to just access files stored on my PCs hard drive so I can open pictures and videos on my laptop?
>>
Let's say that a company leases a domain from domain registrar. That registrar requires an email address as a form of contact information.
Does the company just make a @gmail or whatever 3rd party email account and put that as contact? Or do they somehow bootstrap the process?
>>
File: file.png (19 KB, 244x1294)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>100107573
sidebery has tabs panels
>>
Is there a userscripts for youtube that will have the comments under the video and the video recommendations on the right side again? I'm so sick of everything looking like mobile applications on desktops
>>
File: 1679980654154379.jpg (61 KB, 633x475)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>100114050
i looked at that one and really like the idea of a mouse that fits my hand.
but i tried to download icue 5, doesn't work on win 7. so i got icue 4, it seems to work, just gotta restart pc for it to finish installing but can't atm.
it's really cool that you can save to device, but i won't have windows anymore if i get linux. can you save multiple setups and switch between?

i also have been eyeing the wireless one, as i've never owned a wireless mouse myself lol.

Thanks for the info.
>>
>>100114534
AI created this in a few seconds:

// ==UserScript==
// @name YouTube Right-Side Comments and Recommendations
// @namespace http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version 0.1
// @description Move YouTube comments and recommendations to the right side of the video.
// @author Anon
// @match https://www.youtube.com/*
// @grant GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
'use strict';

// CSS styles to move comments and recommendations to the right
const styles = `
#secondary {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
right: 0;
width: 360px;
background: #fff;
z-index: 1000;
height: 100%;
overflow-y: scroll;
}

#primary {
width: calc(100% - 360px);
}

ytd-comments {
box-sizing: border-box;
padding: 0 24px;
}
`;

// Add the custom styles to the page
GM_addStyle(styles);

// Move the comments section to the right side
const commentsSection = document.getElementById('comments');
const secondarySection = document.getElementById('secondary');
if (commentsSection && secondarySection) {
secondarySection.prepend(commentsSection);
}
})();

--note: adjust the width values in CSS to fit your screen size and preference
>>
>>100114469
sync your files to a cloud-based solution. that way you can connect your pc, laptop, phone, tablet, most IOT devices
>>
File: lag.png (68 KB, 944x599)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
recently I've been having an issue on my wifi with massive lag spikes that seem to happen every 30 seconds, moving to a different room that is pretty much right above the router reduces the lag spike to only around 150ms instead of pic related that happens in the place where the computer is usually located, but it does not stop the issue
what could be causing this problem? It's not really noticeable when browsing the internet or watching youtube but it makes online gaming pretty much impossible
switching to an ethernet cable is not an option
>>
Whenever my computer idles something has my CPU at 100% usage. I know because I can hear my CPU cooler working its hardest, and temperature logs from hwinfo show the CPU being pretty warm. Whenever I move my mouse to wake up my monitor, whatever work load is keeping my CPU busy stops by the time my monitor is active so I can't look in the task manager to see what's pegging my CPU at 100% while my computer is idle. Any suggestions for troubleshooting this?
>>
>>100114607
Who's Al?
>>
>>100114765
The ultra gigachad replacing you in the job market
>>
>>100114607
Still doesn't work just made things worse
>>
>>100114605
>can you save multiple setups and switch between?
Yes, it definitely stores 3 profiles on its onboard memory.
There is a hardware button near the scrollwheel to change between profiles, and a second button to change just the DPI. The button functions are configurable, anyway.
>>
Are there any JSON formatters around that ignore comment lines?
>>
>>100115030
You need a JSONC formatter.
https://dprint.dev/plugins/json/
>>
Is there an up-to-date list of forum software like the overscript list for imageboards? (i.e. https://overscript.net/)
The closest I can find are these https://github.com/MegaBedder/Awesome-Forum-List https://github.com/alx-xlx/awesome-forums
but those lists are old and most of the forums are dead.
>>
I get two different CPU temps between SpeedFan and Core Temp. Which one should I believe?
>>
>>100105771
Any free chinese VPN with working IPs to bypass Bilibili restrictions? There's official series for free that I can't watch because it detects the IPs from UrbanVPN.
>>
Is it ok to have an intake and exhaust fan on the same headerwith a splitter?
>>
File: IP network block CIDR.jpg (56 KB, 404x317)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Explain this networking fuckery to me.
My VPS has a public IPv4, let's say 1.2.3.4 and it's a /32 - a singular IP without any subnet. But the default gateway - route for 0.0.0.0/0 in egghead speak - is 172.31.1.1. This configuration is obtained via DHCP.
When I disabled DHCP and did that configuration manually, it failed. It also failed when doing it by using shell commands.
>"can't add a gateway that's outside your local net" t. IP tools
How come a DHCP client succeeds while other configuration methods fail? I forgot to add something small?
>>
>moved to apartment last month
>randomly get no internet access through out the day
>even though I'm on ethernet and the only person using it
>thought it was due to speed package so upgraded
>still getting it and it's to the point where my phone 5G has better reliability to stay connected
What is causing this shit to happen? I'm on the top floor of my building and everyone has separate internet. It's xfinity I miss Verizon at my moms house. I don't want them to come look at my box unless it necessary
>>
>>100115826
>I don't want them to come look at my box unless it necessary
Yeah. If they come out to look at your internet box, they'll find all the CP on your computer
>>
File: IMG_20240421_202440.jpg (2.25 MB, 4160x3120)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
how do I disable wifi? I looked in the manual but there's nothing. I don't see anything here. gygabite b760m.
>>
File: 1679844052982155.jpg (2.34 MB, 4096x2730)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>100114050
>>100114893
thanks, that's great. i was always bothered by having to change the current profile within a program.
i gotta ask, i see someone complain about the scroll wheel, is it bad? and durability or build in general?
>>
>>100116499
you can simply remove the wifi component off the motherboard... unless you're looking for a temporary disable?
>>
>>100116609
yeah. it's for troubleshooting. I need to see if disabling it fixes something.
>>
>>100116884
you should be able to disable it from within your operating system. doesn't have to be bios. idk how to disable the wifi from the bios on that specific motherboard, but there's usually a wireless setting somewhere there
>>
>>100117379
the kernel call would still be made, causing the issues.
>>
>>100114743
It's usually windows update doing something when you're not doing anything with you PC.
>>
i use ungoogled chromium, how can i export all my settings and extensions? i need to change os.
>>
How can I interfere with my neighbor's bluetooth connection? So tired of spic music
>>
does anyone remember the way to get the sidebar navigation for here? it's some kind of iframe or something that stays on the left side of the browser window and shows all the boards on the site.
you need to add something to the end of the url to make it appear but i can't remember what.
>>
Is there an easy way to get a summary of what web browser service workers are up to? I've set a rule to block them, subject to whitelist, in ublock and it's proving annoying (cloudflare turnstile relies on a service worker and it's hosted by the domain using it rather than cloudflare). But if I don't do that then I need to be able to catch the fuckers in the act to blacklist them. I've seen one locally cache a goddamn gigabyte of data for absolutely no reason and I saw another start waking up suspended tabs, gobbling up memory.
>>
File: 1692224907292409.jpg (126 KB, 1028x1280)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
How to upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10? When I booted my PC up, there used to be a official popup that offered me the free upgrade but now it doesn't show up anymore.
>>
>>100115302
Thanks
>>
>>100119248
im pretty sure the free upgrade was limited until a certain date. try googlin that.
>>
>>100118317
Microwave, powerful (and busy) WiFi on 2.4GHz, or some jammer.

>>100118040
Archive the browser profile directory.
>>
>>100119248
You can download the OS image through Microsoft's official website for free. Just follow the install manager and tell it to dump the boot files into a USB drive. Then restart the system and just follow the instructions.
>>
>>100119759
>Archive the browser profile directory.
maybe im dumb but how do i do this?
>>
>opens stupid image on /v/
>ok (200) appears on 4chan x counter
did I get hacked or keylogged or something
>>
>>100120359
A janny nuked the thread probably.
>>
>>100115660
https://serverfault.com/questions/336964/32-subnets-on-ethernet-via-dhcp

I think the gateway gets provided by a separate static route.
>>
File: 1713740004109..png (71 KB, 1462x1001)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>100120069
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/HEAD/docs/user_data_dir.md
You go there, right-click on the directory, and and compress it.
>>
I keep seeing "LRM" replacing random spaces in a lot of the notes I've kept. Is it time to move my shit onto a new drive before everything gets corrupted?
>>
dude, ai but for changelogs whoaaaaaaaa
>>
File: 1713242949130006.gif (139 KB, 256x256)
139 KB
139 KB GIF
>power flickered for half a second
>PC turned off
>Now stuck on a boot loop where it never gets past the splash screen with the circle loading shit
>Sometimes it says "preparing automatic repair" instead
>Whether it lets me boot in to BIOS or not is a solid 1/10 chance
>F12/boot menu doesn't work at all
I have to delete everything don't I?
>>
File: feels_oscilloscope.jpg (7 KB, 250x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>100105771
Why is everything a json file? Why do I have to manipulate .json files in order to use my goddamn editors (VSC) or the terminal (Windows Terminal)?
>>
>>100122607
I found every setting I needed to change in VS Code and Windows Terminal in the regular GUI settings, are you sure you need to edit the JSON files?
>>
>>100122586
no, just your boot partition. make sure not to reformat your home partition.
>>
>>100122847
It won't let me choose what to boot from
>>
>>100122879
when something similar happened to me i took it into the shop and they put it back to normal
>>
>>100122899
Fuck sakes

I'm going to take it in and it's going to just let them boot normally from startup and I'm going to be pissed
>>
>>100105771
Did he start dating sex toys after getting cucked by a tranny?
>>
>>100119248
>upgrading Windows
Aren't people scared of this? I'd recommend a clean install.
>>
>>100122586
>It just decided to boot by itself
>Did a system restore
>It broke again
>Right back to where I started
FUCK
>>
I have just reinstalled win10 (education)

For the bloat minded user, but not tech-savvy enough to deal with running a barebones stripped down version of win10 like ltsc, where does one get their drivers? I have intel processor, gigabyte mobo and nvidia graphics card.

Take this for example, is it recommended to install or nah? I know there's NVCleanstall for nvidia drivers (which I will check out in a bit) without the godawful geforce experience thing
>>
>>100123873
ahh look, there it is popping up, this is the prompt to dl and install geforce experience isn't it? or is "Nvidia control panel" a separate thing?
>>
>>100123873
You can disable Pic rel in the bios, under gigabyte utility manager.
>>
>>100124716
Ah, thanks for the reply. So I can disable the notification through bios, but are the drivers its recommending (which I assume is important) available elsewhere? Thanks anyways, I leave for a trip in an hour so I can't reply further as I won't be at the comp
>>
>>100122921
It might. When I had something similar happen I got into Windows no problem but then "ohshitohshit" because my data drive with all my stuff was totally gone. Thankfully removing power entirely from the PC and giving it time for whatever capacitors to drain entirely caused the SSD to show up again next boot.
>>
>>100114893
nvm ique doesn't work on win 7
>>
>>100118703
4chan.org/frames
>>
>>100105771
in cpp:
struct A{};
class B : A{}

class B inherit A as private inheritance because the qualifier was omitted and my IDE complains "cannot cast B to its private base class A" until I qualify the inheritance as public.
But since A is a struct and all its members are public, what is B complaining about ?
>>
>>100123873
>>100123928
motherboard support site generally has the individual drivers available
nvidia control panel is separate from geforce experience and you do kinda need it
>>
>>100126585
>what is B complaining about ?
>class B inherit A as private inheritance
>>
>>100110329
Turned out enforcing HTTPS cuts the speed down to 0.1%…
>>
>>100126091
tyvm. anyone why this was removed from the front page? seems like it'd be more helpful than the default single-line board navigation that's here now.
>>
>>100115826
Any chance I can get an answer
>>
>>100128185
sorry I don't have an answer to any of the infinite things that could be causing outages
could be rats in the walls chewing on cables
could be a water leak
could be heat from the sun
>>
File: 1712281660447400.jpg (40 KB, 720x695)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
I want to record some video onto VHS from a computer. What resolution do I need the "monitor" to be for capturing the proper aspect ratio with a VCR? US based, NTSC here.
>>
>>100128547
640:480 if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>100128313
Wouldn't an outage effect the power in my apartment? The building I'm in is brand new and I'm the first to live in this room.
>>
Is there an chatgpt type of thing that can interact with websites? Just want it to write some info into a spreadsheet for me
>>
>>100128852
Trying giving it the HTML code.
>>
Where do I get the old Adobe CS6 installers for Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator specifically. The ones from 2013? It seems the servers hosting them are dead.
>>
File: yuck.jpg (17 KB, 451x256)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>100107652
why would you ever want to have your tabs and download history like that?
wasting 1/3 of your screen for shit you really dont fucking need to see all the time
>>
>>100129108
Makes more sense to just bookmark them at that point.
>>
I want to make a simple device that clones microSD cards (two card slots, a couple of buttons, maybe a status light). I can handle the software part but I don't know much about microcontrollers, would an Arduino be able to do the job at an acceptable speed (like 100MBps) or do I need something more powerful?
>>
>>100129098
>servers hosting them
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>100129359
>I can handle the software part
No offense, anon, but I don't think you can handle software part of things if you don't know much about microcontrollers.
>>
>>100120743
Still not following.
>give network interface an IP
>try adding a gateway, can't add it as it's in a separate subnet
Hell, everything is a "separate subnet" to a /32 IPv4.
What's the magic word that allows it?
>>
I'm using Kubuntu 22.04, if I want to set up a localhost website with the LAMP stack, can I do that on my own PC, or would I have to install Ubuntu Server on a different laptop or PC and run it off of that? This is just for myself to use for testing, so I don't care about uptime or anything like that.
>>
so i had system instability recently and have now pretty much confirmed that my gpu was at fault. no issues since taking it out and running off the iGPU.

here's the thing: my system is so old, that at this point all i can do - if i wanted to recplace the GPU - is buy second-hand. what do you guys think about that in general? probably a bad idea, right? i was looking at a GTX 1070 range ~100-120 bucks probably.

another thought i had: even if i do get a working unit, maybe the pci-e slot on my motherboard could be what was causing the issue.
>>
>>100129687
You can install Apache, MySQL and PHP on literally any Linux setup.
>This is just for myself to use for testing, so I don't care about uptime or anything like that.
"Anything like that" usually boils down to the software being very specific very specific version and that's why so called stable distributions exist. Stable in the Linux jargon means package version stability, not stability as in "not going to crash".
>>
>>100129746
>i was looking at a GTX 1070 range ~100-120 bucks probably.
nigga where? all I see is $500 everywhere

But yeah, if the PCI-E slot is the problem, you should buy a much cheaper card to test it with, imho
>>
>>100129927
Ah right, thanks. But in regards to uptime I was referring to the website not being accessible if I turned off my PC versus a dedicated server that's on all the time.
>>
>>100129944
>>100129746
What the fuck are those prices? I sold my 1080 few months ago for 100 Euro and that was a good price for me (seller).
>>
>>100129065
Exceeds the character limit.
>>
>>100122586
If my startup doesn't seem to want to boot me in to BIOS or the boot menu, is there some way I can force it to do it outside of the f2/f12/del?
>>
>>100129687
You can simply install those on your machine.

>>100130700
Remove all storage devices, clear CMOS.
>>
im trying to cast my lenovo android tablets screen to my lg tv but its not working
a notification appears on the tv screen saying the tablet is connected but nothing happens otherwise (the tv doesnt show the tablets screen etc)
does anyone have any idea how to make this work?
>>
I've come to understand how to code but I still don't understand how does internet and networks work. Where do I start learning such things?
>>
My dad is 70 and, before retiring, he was a manual labor kind of guy and has thick leathery hands. Anyways, he claims that his phone doesn't register his finger taps and swipes because he has dry hands. I've helped him with his phone and my soft onions hands always work on any phone just fine. So I know his phone isn't malfunctioning.

Is there anything he can do? He gets so frustrated over this stuff.
>>
>>100131069
they might have lotions that give your fingers the right texture. Otherwise something with a built in stylus might be a better option
>>
>>100130852
>clear CMOS
I don't know what that is sorry
>>
File: file.png (26 KB, 431x245)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
a lot of youtube videos come with this banner right on the thumbnail informing the user about paid promotions in the video.
its happened a couple of times to me now that i accidentally clicked that notification and got redirected to some site further explaining it.
i really dont care and dont want to keep accidentally clicking it.
i tried getting rid of it with ublock origin, but because that banner only appears when hovering my mouse over the thumbnail, it disappears as soon as i enter picker mode.
what can i do to block this?
>>
>>100105771
assume you have like 500 links of that you got by scraping classified ads websites and want to check in rapid pace. assume what can be filterd has already been filtered... how would you do this?
I've seen some python scripts that apparently run a browser in background and take screenshots. also, I guess I could take screenshots using links2 or something... what other alternatives can you suggest?
>>
>>100114469
Samba, NFS, sftp
>>
>>100131824
nvm, I forgot that links2 won't help because these websites need JS... fuck
>>
>>100131468
I don't understand the question to be honest
running your code on random test videos I have, I see the output duration is still the same as input 1
so I tested
ffmpeg -i video1.mkv -vf trim=end=15,setpts=PTS-STARTPTS -an v0.mkv

and it was still the duration of the entire input, however input 1 does have an audio and subtitle track, when I do
ffmpeg -i video1.mkv -an -sn -vf trim=end=15,setpts=PTS-STARTPTS v0.mkv

then v0 is the expected 15 seconds, so I guess I would suggest to you to verify individually that [v1], [00], and [01] are the outputs you expect by making them the output video temporarily
>>
>>100131824
>want to check in rapid pace
Check for what exactly?
>take screenshots
are you trying to just look at the completely rendered webpage? or grab all the images? or are you just checking if they are up?
>>
>>100130855
ive just successfully cast the tablets screen to my tv using my nvidia shield
why would this work but not directly to my tv?
>>
>>100131824
links2 -g works ok for some of the websites but not for others... guess I can use it for a % of the ads

>>100132147
>Check for what exactly?
>are you trying to just look at the completely rendered webpage? or grab all the images? or are you just checking if they are up?
I want to render the whole page. I already automated scraping the info by myself (by using their APIs and my own custom scraper) but I want to browse the pages to see images and the ads in their context as well, and using a normal browser without some sort of extension would be too much effort.
>>
Is Desu down for everyone? I get 504 Gateway error.
>>
>>100132386
yeah i was actually just about to ask. must've went down in the past hour or so because i was literally just on there.
>>
>>100132420
Do downtimes get fixed within a day? It's the first time I find Desu's down.
>>
>>100132440
i think it got fucked up when toriyama died last month? it wasn't fixed within the day but it didn't take longer than a couple. but archived.moe is down too so that's a bit worrying.
>>
why do I have to always have to wait 60 seconds to post something and 300 seconds to post a thread. It wasn't like this before. wtf happened???
>>
>>100132628
people were enjoying the site too much so they added some anti-features to prove that people really are addicted to this place and won't leave no matter what.
>>
is google down for anyone else?
>>
>>100129442
Adobe killed the direct download links for their old installers, including CC. Ik I can get them from a torrent but I wanted the official versions.
>>
>>100132471
nvm, looks like it's back. probably a server hiccup or something
>>
File: 61Zl2e8cuQL.jpg (164 KB, 2164x2164)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
I slotted my hard drive into my hard drive cage for my weekly backup and my computer screen instantly went black (it crashed) but the power button the PC stayed on. Does anyone know what happened? Was it some kind of short circuit?
>>
>>100133314
Yes. Both Desu and Archived Moe work now.
>>
>>100133788
Have you done it before? Consumer PCs are not that fond of hotplugging components.
>>
Test
>>
What is the point of mini-ITX builds other than spending money to grin and say "hehe tiny"?
>>
>>100134589
How is it spending more than a full size build?
>>
>>100134612
Mini-ITX tends to be more expensive.
>>
File: 20240421_143806.jpg (65 KB, 464x766)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Is there a way to download an entire dm conversation on twitter?
>>
>>100133164
god i wish, but no
>>
>>100134435
The computer shorted out before the hard drive's SATA plug even got to the back of the hard drive cage.
>>
>>100134629
Again: how? You use a different case, different motherboard, different psu. They don't need to be more expensive.
>>
>>100134629
>>100134833
/MAYBE/ you have to use a closed loop cooler instead of air because the heatsink won't fit and spend an extra $60 there.
>>
>>100132204
>>100130855
can anyone help me with this?
>>
>>100133788
>short circuit
Unlikely.
How old is the computer? Maybe needs enabling SATA hotplug in BIOS, but that still wouldn't cause issues with inserting a drive.
>>
Are any boot camps worth it or certificates for a non college degree person? I'm 30. I'm too poor for college. I can't afford to do it even with it fully covered since I need to work 50-60 hours to live.
>>
I tried to register for github and they blacklist cock.li
I tried to register for gitlab instead and they reuire a phone number or a credit card number
Are there any non-pozzed alternatives?
>>
>>100135120
No, you can do everything they offer yourself + attend some conference or two for networking.
>>
>>100135192
make a github with a burner account on a """pozzed""" website, and just have said burner e-mail forward all mail to your cock.li address
>>
>>100135226
I don't mind networking but if you have enough skill will that get you a job? I also don't know how to measure how much I know
>>
best audio player for windows?
>>
>>100135395
foobar
>>
File: 1702491707038805.png (247 KB, 650x688)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
Why are monitors so awful now, g?
>16:10 almost non-existent, trash controllers
>4k oled slop w/ fractional scaling
>5k glorified smart tvs watch you masturbate
I'm 40 and this is the worst I've ever seen it. Do zoomers just use TVs? I can't believe anyone buys this shit.
>>
>>100135905
Always remember there is no such thing as a perfect monitor, the more you learn about monitors the more you want the best aspects of existing technology, only to learn about better tech just on the horizon, that will be too expensive for years to come until the cycle repeats
>>
File: 71PVs8LNztL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (94 KB, 1500x1102)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>100135920
It's not even a question of cost. There's just nothing worth buying more expensive than a Dell U3023E, and even that's functionally sup-par. I'd really like a 5k HiDPI screen, but they're all pozzed beyond belief.

I mean look at this shit. Here's your $1500 PC monitor. No, you can't change the brightness without installing the app. What kind of creature buys these?
>>
>>100136193
to answer your question I am 31 and I use a cheap 1080p TV, I bought years ago
>>
>>100135437
this looks neat
thanks!
>>
>>100105771
https://linux-hardware.org/
should be in the thread body.
>>
File: 1601285142773.jpg (176 KB, 961x1361)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>100113512
Does Buster no longer work for anyone else?
>>
>>100131824
>>100132344
anyone?
>>
If I just plop my old SSDs into a new PC, will it work just like before? Like, can I use my old Windows install?
>>
>>100108132
based. Also rutracker

(they are anti-war and blocked within Russia, so dont worry westbros)
>>
>>100137757
you can but more than likely it'll ask you to activate again
>>
What's the deal with WSL?
It seems useful to have but I can't imagine it functions properly because lol microsoft.
>>
>>100137950
It works as advertised, it is just mainly for developers who need linux tools too, I used to use WSL but I am not a dev, so eventually for all my linux tinkering, I just ended up installing Fedora on an old laptop and using that
>>
File: clear CMOS pins.jpg (358 KB, 700x400)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>100130956
>I've come to understand how to code but I still don't understand how does internet and networks work
How's that even possible?
Well, start by learning Ethernet.
>>100131274
Picture usually relates, there's a couple of pins that need to be shorted for a second.
>>100114469
Assuming they are both Windows PCs. Can't you just like uh share a folder or something?
>Plex and Stash
Aren't these for serving multimedia?
>>100134589
>spending money
Many prebuilt computers being thrown away are mini-ITX so one could utilize a small case for free.
>>100134629
They usually are if you want something very specific. Sad fact is the affordable mini-ITX cases aren't that small to begin with. You know, using full sized ATX PSUs and all. And not being a SFF, idk if you knew this but not all mini-ITX builds are SFF.
>>100134833
>different psu
The ones that use a non-ATX PSU are expensive. Except of course those e-waste prebuilt cases.
>>
How does 4chan determine when to auto line break
>>
I'm using a Wireguard setup to remotely access my home server behind CGNAT, with traffic being forwarded through a VPS.
Here are some sample transfer rates of the setup:
home-server -> vps: 80mbps
vps -> client: 80mbps
home server -> vps -> client: 40mbps
These speeds were measured using iperf3, rsync, and sftp. Is this reduced transfer speed unavoidable due to the latency being increased with the hop through the VPS?
>>
can i just skip college and do a bootcamp for cybersecurity and get a job? isnt that the whole point of the degree requirement? to not look like you know nothing?
>>
>>100137115
The woman is pretty but the question is inane.
>>
>>100138550
You can, it wont be easy but it is theoretically possible
>isnt that the whole point of the degree requirement? to not look like you know nothing?
Sort of but also degree requirements started before cyber security
>>
File: 20190227_141841.jpg (1.43 MB, 2880x2160)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
I have a functional cassette tape player and a USB capture device. What software can I use to record the incoming audio signal?
>>
>>100138628
obs, audacity
>>
>>100138448
Sounds like your VPS is capped to 80Mbit/s. (they are Mbit/s, right?)
>>
File: 1627262621563.jpg (105 KB, 500x500)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
What are good temperature ranges for amd cpus? I can't find consistent answers online and I need some assurance that I didn't make mistakes.
>>
>>100138920
the question is hard to answer because "amd cpus" is such a big set, generally speaking 80c

You can look up max temp for your specific CPU on CPU-World, there are other sites that is just the one I use, different CPUs will have different limits, also silicon lottery quality of your aftermarket cooler+thermal paste will be factors to consider
>>
I have some old files and data that I want to just leave on my external backup drives, rather than keeping a copy on my system drives. I don't want to encrypt the entire drives, but I feel like I might as well encrypt this stuff, about 30 GB all together. All of the large compressible stuff has already been heavily compressed.

My question is -- what's a good way to do this? Should I bundle all of the dirs together into a tarball and then encrypt it with GPG? That seems easy, but then if I want to pull something out if it I have to decrypt all 30 GB of it first. It seems annoying to have to individually (or in bundles) encrypt everything before wrapping it into an archive. Also, .tar format lacks an index, so if I want the last bundle I have to read through the 30 GB before it reaches that offset.

I feel like this is a very simple scenario that should have been solved at least a decade ago. Is there a major alternative approach? A Linux metadata-compatible archive format that supports indexing and thus supercedes tar, and perhaps seamless encryption of its index and any files passed to it?
>>
>>100137757
You might need to configure boot order and whatever else in the BIOS real fast after you install them. You should also make sure you don't have any scripts or things that have your drive locations hard-coded, e.g. /dev/sda, since the auto-assigned names will likely change on the new system.
>>100138338
AFAIK it doesn't
>>
File: 1689545306021247.png (78 KB, 760x378)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
Why does this need to update literally every week?
>>
>>100139059
It does, like here >>100139080 I've always found it weird how randomly it does it
>>
>>100139080
someones job security
>>
File: 1694367835898646.png (77 KB, 705x339)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
Sorry, I'm not seeing any wrapping. As you can see, the post above on my screen goes well past.
>>
File: FuOFeDOXsAAG65U.jfif.jpg (222 KB, 1152x1600)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>100138597
well this is sqt isnt it
>>
>>100139145
Mine too, now. Actually this is the first time I've noticed, but the second guy replied and it stopped wrapping because the box extended to the right.
>>
>>100138920
The physical safety limit is always about 100-105C, measured at the junction. There may be lower model-specific temperature limits specified because higher temperature means more gate leakage, which means instability for some chips.
>>
>>100135244
Thanks. Yahoo and Google both wanted phone numbers but, ironically, Hotmail gave zero fucks.
>>
>>100105771
Why does os.mkdir in python add "None/" to the beginning of the filepath and how do I make it stop?
>>
File: office.png (59 KB, 769x463)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
Is there a USB-C to HDMI docking station / hub that can overcome this?

Whats the most likely reason a Vivobook cant send display to dual monitors but these other devices can?

I just want to thow money at the problem and make it go away, without needing to get rid of the Vivobook (its not mine).
>>
>>100128547
it depends, if you want a 4:3 picture, use a 4:3 aspect resolution, if you want a 16:9 picture, use a 16:9 aspect resolution
yes, there's nothing at all stopping you from putting a 16:9 picture on a vhs, and it will look correct when played on a 16:9 tv
>>
File: anon needs explaining.gif (1.44 MB, 842x962)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB GIF
>>100129108
The download history was accidental. I somehow had it pinned.
For the tabs, I don't know why you wouldn't want to be able to see your tabs.
>shit you really dont fucking need to see all the time
So when do you need to see them? When I have so many tabs open that I can no longer see the favicon or the page title, or they just disappear from the screen, I like to use a vertical tab manager so I can access all of my tabs without having to close half of them first.
>>
>>100112105
What makes them so bad so I can avoid them in the future? I bought an ethernet switch from them and now I'm worried.
>>
>>100139884
It doesn't, fix your code.

>>100140536
See if the manual gives you an explanation: https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-home/vivobook/vivobook-15-x1502/helpdesk_manual?model2Name=X1502VA
It could be that the maximum number of outputs is 2, so you may need to turn off the laptop screen first.
>>
>>100140873
I'm testing it out cause I'm always open to new ideas, but I would never have so many tabs open, literally would just bookmark for later reading or what not.
>>
File: 1699747796036816.png (90 KB, 794x668)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
could i install linux as well as keep my windows if i but another internal ssd and install linux there?
im afraid bros
>>
>>100141870
afraid of what? you can do that. you dont even need a new drive, you can just install both into the same drive. when you turn on the pc there's a menu to choose which operating system you want to boot into.
>>
whats a good way to manage computer-generated passwords for websites without having to use Google Chrome?
Is having a flash drive with a KeePass database practical?
>>
what's the amd software for windows where you can update drivers, use all their fancy features, manage overclock and stuff?
>>
File: proxy-image.png (43 KB, 1024x768)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>100141870
if you're scared of installing linux then do it in an old PC you dont care much for

modern linux distros will literally give you a retard free "install linux and keep windows" install option too, as long as you use something user-friendly like Linux Mint or other type of Ubuntu (picrel)

Just make sure you install Linux on top of Windows, rather than installing Windows on top of Linux, if you do want to have both
>>
>>100138200
>Picture usually relates, there's a couple of pins that need to be shorted for a second.
Oh right on. I'll try that after work today.
>>
>>100130855
anyone?
>>
>>100142144
alright it's amd adrenalin. am i supposed to always keep it on in background?
>>
also is the auto undervolting good?
>>
if there's a reputation/setup for education with windows, and linux having chromeos etc, what does apple have?
>>
I just want to make a random statement that you should never buy Toshiba. Or Amazon.
>>
is there anything in particular i have to do after installing my os? what i did was let windows update, then updated my gpu drivers. anything else?
>>
How do I tell if my RAM is bottlenecking my system. I only have 16gb but I never come close to using that amount. If it's a speed issue how would I determine that?
>>
>>100143252
I usually disable the page file and use the cleaning tool to remove the update installation files. Usually disable system restore as well.
>>
i read here and later verified that someone is backporting chromium to some ancient linux 2.6 distro, i think slackware

whats stopping /g/tards who love w7 so fucking much they make 10 threads a day from backporting chromium to w7?
>>
>>100144005
Retardation
>>
Getting into video conversion/compression to save space. I noticed that H264 retains the video thumbnail seen in File Explorer but h265 strips it away for some reason, leaving the generic MPC-HC icon. The video still plays and I'm satisfied with the filesize but is there a way to make H265 preserve the thumbnail? I use FFmpeg Batch AV Converter.
>>
the file itself does not have a thumb for videos
whatever os you're using or what handles files for listing does not have thumb generation support for the filetype(container) or codec
you can try putting h265 in another container, i don't care about thumb generation(or windows file handling) so i don't know what works
there may be a way to custom set any particular file(not just video) to have a specific sort of icon you want
>>
>>100144244
Late on this as I'm guessing you forgot to quote and thus, wasn't notified. I use a preset to convert from a raw .ts rip to an mp4 format (which I assume makes playback streaming from home servers easier). I'm rather new at this, I'm afraid.

-c:v libx264 -crf 20 -c:a copy
>>
File: 1712862653002292.jpg (48 KB, 746x739)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
I need a browser plugin (brave chrome based) that'll let me add highlights to webpages then export the webpage (with highlights) to a html file can anyone help me out?
>>
>>100144933
I don't think crf works unless you set bitrate to 0 while using ffmpeg. Personality I just rip using makemkv and toss the output through handbrake with a custom preset, outputting a mkv with AV1 and ac3 passthrough audio.

If you're on windows I'm pretty sure installing klite will give you the codecs required for the thumbnails to appear again.
>>
>>100144933
no i intentionally did not quote you for my own curiosity

>>100145098
0 is codec dependent, and ffmpeg is uninvolved. you can also install all sorts of codecs, thumb support is its own thing, thus something has to be installed for that which can get added in some random bundle
>>
File: ffbatch_main.jpg (188 KB, 1266x702)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>100145098
Not using the command line as I'm too stupid for it. I use a GUI. FFmpeg Batch AV Converter. OS is Windows 10.
>>
is there a way to embed searchable text in a png? Would be nice to be able to OCR some files and embed the resulting text file into the image.
>>
>>100139145
hey that's weird, for me i see the wrapping. never really noticed this.

also, does anyone know how the ID system on boards like biz, int, or pol works? how does it generate unique IDs for each anon but for only one thread because i know that the site knows the IP address for each user, but how would they reset it for each thread?
>>
>>100145739
forgot the image
>>
>>100138338
There's all sorts of factors. OS, browser(version), font(version), etc, and even anti spam can kick in. I'd say just post ignoring trying to find it, you'll probably make a mess rather than what you aimed for.
>>
>>100142137
you don't need to put the keepass database on you, how often are you logging into sensitive accounts away from home? put the database on a local file server and have an encrypted backup to a remote file server
>>
>>100143438
Its not, your SSD is slower than your RAM, if it was faster, you would know
>>
Wanted to see how much my computers consume when transcoding stuff, so got a cheapo powermeter that shows W and W/kWh, but obviously the load is never 100% constant even at full load and jumps 10W here and there … so would it be enough to measure how much kWh it consumed after an hour to get a decent picture?
>>
I'm visiting China and desperately need to get V2Ray working on my mini router. It runs pfsense, and there are 0 V2Ray + VLESS/VMESS plugins. Any clues from your personal experience?
>>
>>100145739
The IDs are totally arbitrary. Let's say you have a hash function, which takes inputs of any size, and reliably converts them to outputs of a certain size.
Eg. 123.123.123.123 --> ab12ef34 or whatever
You can just do:
User IP 1 + OP Post ID 1 --> thread ID 1
User IP 1 + OP Post ID 2 --> thread ID 2
User IP 2 + OP Post ID 1 --> thread ID 3
and on and on
>>
Do WizTree or WinDirStat generate log files?
One of my HDDs is beeping and the computer won't start while it is connected. I'm thinking of buying a new one instead of taking it to repair since I don't remember there being anything too important there, repair is expensive and I'd rather avoid having strangers looking at my stuff, but if possible I want to check what files were actually there before deciding if it's worth repairing or not.
>>
Is it possible to watch YouTube premiere beforehand?
yt-dlp can't do it but I wonder if there is some software which can.
>>
>>100147964
not unless you work at youtube, it is an authorization issue not a software issue
>>
What's stopping AMD from slapping multiple 780m together for laptop gaming
>>
>>100145266
No.

>>100146468
See how much it consumes in an hour, day, week, then extrapolate from there.

>>100147789
No logs.
>>
>>100147262
right lol that makes sense, somehow i completely forgot threads have their own unique IDs too. thanks for explaining.
>>
>>100148343
>No logs.
Sucks. I'll check around if I can get a log from somewhere else and if I can't find anything I'll just buy a new HDD. Thanks for answering.
>>
>>100147789
You might want to unplug and try the drive on a different connector, with a different cable, just as a last resort.
>>
>>100148224
why do that instead of just using a real discrete gpu?
>>
File: flash_827845_card.png (214 KB, 720x405)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
Is there a way/music player/music player plugin/equalizer preset/filter that can automatically make all my music reverb, lo-fi and murmurous and add a little echo as if it's playing loud in the building in the distance? I want to listen to the music I like without getting distracted to it too much.
Aiming for something like this, but little less muffled:
https://youtu.be/We7nEXoaMpg?feature=shared&t=1020
>>
im wanting to connect several large external hard drives (maybe around 4) to my laptop using a powered usb hub
what brand/model is recommended?
ive been looking at anker, are they any good?
>>
File: 1689514704840344.png (275 KB, 711x669)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>100107652
>irfanview
>>
>>100148657
>anker
Decent. Some of their products are overpriced, especially the chargers.

>>100143252
Install VLC and 7zip.
>>
i recorded terabytes worth of live streams of chaturbate camgirl over the last year.
now how do i feed that into a.i. to generate my own custom videos?
>>
>>100105771
I have a very stupid question:
I'm doing a ML project where I'm taking the titanic dataset and putting it through a ML algorithm to see who is most likely to survive. Originally the survival column was labeled "yes" and "no", but I converted it to dummies. I know that linear regressions spit out numbers, but I thought since the classing is now in a dummies format or 1 and 0 that it would still work but it didn't. I would need to use a classification ML alogrithm instead of Linear Regression right? Would Multiple Regression work?
>tl;dr: Can I use regression to classify if the data is already binary?
>>
>>100146406
oh thats smart, so how would i access the database from my phone?
>>
>>100151761
you'd need a keepass client that supports either SMB or NFS or even HTTP, whatever protocol your local server is using to serve files with.

I must confess I don't use a local server I use Keeweb and a google drive but I completely understand why people here might have reservations about storing databases on google servers even if they are encrypted
>>
>>100152026
thanks
>>
I'm almost about to say fuck it and grab this chromebook because I need a cheap laptop for the couch. Is this a big piece of shit? Also could I run a steam link through it?

https://www.amazon.ca/Chromebook-NanoEdge-Processor-Transparent-CX1500CKA-DH02-CB/dp/B0BS57XRJY/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?adgrpid=63866738311&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.8iS67diIGKqNtkgR9DrF5OhOzx3dVg3dzTCpnnW-Uj9k2lA-vCi_Eym4CEqe3Z709MYCdcoc0W-XtQDARxA6WgqcgilRrodWeMYiDqPX_Es4u78S1u3lb8Rxx5j2FhxeMCyGPi_VBwqw-Jr6pYGUch4ViXTw5RKtXI3htzXnFSzUtxrtrgeTq3MgES_k8t7n98Xl742UCU3s012YpT304w.9yvKC3lrTxo3ZBSHIU0353cKhFFWj24mFaHnE39dP5U&dib_tag=se&hvadid=602991551941&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1002787&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2741974357075038843&hvtargid=kwd-4518058826&hydadcr=4602_13242221&keywords=chromebook&qid=1713919460&sr=8-3
>>
File: PXL_20240423_234529407.jpg (744 KB, 2672x1567)
744 KB
744 KB JPG
I'm dual-booting Windows 11 and 10 on my desktop computer, and while Windows 11 boots up fine, Windows 10 won't. This is the error I'm getting if I try to boot up 10. How do I fix this? I've already tried running Startup Repair, but it didn't work.
>>
>>100152411
If you want a cheap laptop you basically want to go used, because new products cannot compete price vs performance with used PC, yes this means knowing knowing what to look out for which will require a lot of research, here are two tips

do not get a machine with less than 8GB of RAM, you will hate yourself
steam link is just decoding video and sending keyboard/controller inputs, if it can watch youtube it can do steam link, newer CPUs can decode video more efficiently so when it comes down to it aim for the newest thing rather than the most powerful, the hardware video decoders scale with generation not power of the RAW GPU or CPU, if you have any friend that has built a PC before, they can help you under stand what different components do
>>
What are some important (legal) torrents that I can help sneeding?
>>
>>100153101
linux ISOs
>>
>>100112145
Still no ass
>White girl robot
>>
>>100114718
Have you tried changing wifi channels or switching bands? How about narrowing the band you use by forcing a lower speed?
>switching to an ethernet cable is not an option
Stealing from the neighbor, huh.
>>
File: 1713429094663212.jpg (93 KB, 720x724)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>100122586

>>100138200
>>100130852
>Cleared my CMOS
>Have win10 installation media on a usb
>It works on a different PC but not my main one
>Just refuses to get past the initial boot screen with the windows logo and the spinning loading symbol
God I hate this shit why does it not cooperate
Gonna boot this box across the fucking room soon
>>
>>100142998
i guess apple really has nothing
>>
>>100105771
Are there paid programs that are as easy to activate as the office activators in fwt links?
>>
>>100153485
you're just looking for random paid programs to activate? is the assumption that paid is always better, so you don't care what as long as it is paid?
>>
>>100153101
Old Linux ISOs, some are quite hard to find.

>>100153327
Have you tester your RAM? Use Memtest86+.

>>100152411
>chromebook
Don't!
>>
>>100153327
>boot related question
>doesn't say which boot mode is being used
Every time. And why didn't all those other anons ask this?
>>
>>100152411
>Is this a big piece of shit?
Yeah kind of, it's Celeron. But it's affordable and low power consuming.
>>100153679
>Don't!
It's x86 so what's the difference to any "normal" cheap laptop?
>>
File: UwU, what's dat❓.png (467 KB, 1282x962)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
>>100153750
>>
>>100153679
>don't!
It's literally just for shitposting, casting my main PC, and OSRS
>>
>>100153490
No I'm asking is there are other easy paid programs as easy to activate like that. Instead of pre-cracked software. Are things generally that easy nowadays in non pre-cracked software?
>>
>>100153876
generally no they aren't that easy, MAS for windows works by taking advantage of the fact that upgrades from 7 to 10, and 10 to 11 are free
>>
Are there any high refresh rate modern 4:3 monitors?
>>
What's a good usb flash drive brand to buy? That doesn't have the crappiest flash that would die on me in a few months.
>>
>>100150126
ask >>>/b/ faggot
>>100143252
delete system32 and install linux faggot
>>100143080
ok
>>100142137
memorize them faggot
>>100137757
I dont use windows because I am not a faggot (at least not as big of a faggot as you, anyway) so I dont know how much this applies to you, but if you were a Linux chad, my reply would be
>It should work, but if your new computer has different hardware you may need to install drivers
>>100131313
stop using youtube faggot
if you want to watch a youtube video just use yt-dlp to download the video then play it in vlc, then you dont have to deal with any of youtube's faggotry
>>100130855
I have never owned a tablet because I am not a faggot and I dont know what sort of ports they use, but I have used an hdmi cable to wire my laptop to a TV and that worked fine. Maybe there is some sort of cable that would allow you to hardwire instead of using some zoomerfuck "casting" faggotry.
>>
>>100138605
ill have to stick it out then, my plan is to start a boot camp in my final year so i have a degree and the bootcamp certificate
>>
My text looked all fucked up and so did some icons but not others. It was sort of like there was some artifacting going on or like it was aliased. Turned my monitor off and back on and it returned to normal but I'm just wondering if anyone knows what could have caused it?
>>
>>100154005
Buy external SSDs if you want higher endurance. Basic thumb drives are all the same mystery meat QLC.
>>
Are there current laptops that have a 2.5" bay?
>>
>>100154001
any monitor can be a 4:3 monitor
>>
>>100155604
New ones? No.

>>100154001
No.
>>
>>100155604
>>100156636
Is any new laptop able to have an internal HDD?
Or is everything flat and soldered shit now?
>>
>>100156831
Why do you need an internal mechanical drive? If you're actually talking about SSDs then no, only iToddlers have them soldered.
>>
>>100105771
is there a list of keywords to filter on tiktok to get actual content instead of country-specific garbage?
>>
>>100153711
>which boot mode
The basic one I don't know, I don't do this shit
I tried with the normal "turn on PC" one, and fiddled with the bios to turn on the compatibility modes to see if they would work which they didn't do I turned them back off
>>
File: 1713953422052.jpg (78 KB, 600x669)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>100156831
Buy an external USB enclosure or some used laptop from before 2020.

>>100154005
AXE Speedy+ is among the fastest. Highly recommended.
Also my JetFlash 780 has seen hundreds of gigabytes written and is still going strong after 7-8 years.
>>
Does anyone have the meme of the fronted developer who couldn't pass a technical interview without google? It's famous on /g/ but I can't find it elsewhere. There's lots of choice quotes about common things that she acts as if are rocket science.
>>
new >>100158359
>>
>>100153223
I actually managed to fix it yesterday by switching to a different 2.4Ghz wireless mode in the device manager
>Stealing from the neighbor, huh.
Neurotic family members won't let me run a cable from the modem to my room
anyway, thanks for replying anon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.