[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>
>>100139251
लेकिन क्यों?
>>
Then don't mess with it. FIOC has native support for anything you might want to do.
>>
>using .format() instead of f-strings
>not using pattern matching
>>
>>100139251
filtered
>>
܂>>100139251
Why?
>>
>>100139287
[LA][E][KA][I][NA] [KA][IRAMA][YA][O][NUSVARA]?
>>
>>100139356
bad for eyes
>>
>>100139356
dont ready to waste 3 bytes for each char to please asian savages
>>
>>100139338
>nooo it's rayyyyycist for you to hate unicode, shit languages matter tooooo!!!!
>>
        if (
(c >= 0x3000 && c <= 0x30ff) || // CJK Punctuation, Hiragana, and Katakana
(c >= 0x4e00 && c <= 0x9fbf) // Kanji
) {

everything else can go in the trash, i ain't bothered
>>
>>100139251
based, learn americano or don't use computer
>>
>>100139251
I hate that they ever allowed the emoji cancer in.
>>
>>100139251
I � unicode
>>
>>100139478
so you turn it into at least 3?
>>
>>100139367
ơ̵̘̺̘̥̜͕̥̮͙̩̯͌̈̓͗̓̋̊͑͐͌͊̚̚͘k̸̺̻̞̿͂̈̆̉̽̈́̂̀̄̂͊̓͘͠ ̸̤̮̣̮̫̫̱̦͉̬̖̱͓̻̩̺̽͋̈́͐̆̿͂͊͊̓̌n̴̛̦̭̦̜̣̳͊͗̊̃͆̍̈́̇̐̋͗̕̚o̴͔͆͂̈́̚͝͝ẘ̴̢̨̗̬̀̾́̄̔̄̍̈͑͘ ̷̞͖̩̦̪̹̬̩͓̜̳̈́̓̌̇̈́͑̀̿̉͆͂̎̃͌̋̚ḑ̷̼̤̳̳͖̘̜͓͙͐͒̃̈̈̔ȏ̸͙͔͔͖͎̭̹̬̈͋̈́͒̓̔͗̇̊̋̀̈̓̀ ̸̪̦̳̪͉̩̝̙̙̯̬̼̜̘̭͒ṫ̶̛̟̽̒̈́̓̍ḩ̶̧̛͈̰͔̬͙̪͎͈̠̺̫̣̾̄̆͐͛̊̎̏̈́͋̀́̉̕̕̚͜͜ͅi̵̡̞͇̱̼̱͔͚̺̼͕̗̥̗̓̒̎̿͆̍̚ͅš̶̤͙̮̒͌̈́̓̾͂̆̐̓ ̷̳͔̟̜̬͎͕̀̍̈͒͗̍̓̂̀f̸̢̡̬̙̠̰̗͙̳͈̞̬̰̪͖̎̎̌̚͠ͅa̸̡̛͍̣̙͎̖̘͐̈́̋̃̆̍̈́̈́́͋̄͠͝͝͠g̵̢̧̻̻̻̥̾́͜g̶̗͎͓͙̋̚͝ó̸̦̼̚t̸̝̹̋̀́͋̓͐̈́͐̋
>>
>>100141122
>>
any more asian savages buying ticked to new perfect 8bit world?
>>
>>100139291
This. If you want to support multiple languages use a full text library that does it for you, if not, just stick to ascii.
>>
unicode's fucking insane when you think about it
there's a glyph which reverses left to right
there's a glyph which turns horizontal upside down

they built logic bombs into text encoding
>>
File: 1710771540357758.jpg (75 KB, 770x600)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>can't just filter on :chink: :jap: :gook: or :bugpeople:
this is why we need racism in code
why didn't those retards put in either a category for a grouping or make a common prefix in the name string
>>
you can zalgopost on 4chan?

f̷̨̡̢̟̥̫̺̮̟͕̩̭̻̪͔̝͉̯̠̫̮̟̘̪̩͈̟̪̥̣̗͕͑̽͋́̚͜ͅà̵̛̛̛̫̺̪̘̺̞̙̣̩͚͍̖̦̼͈̜̗̪͎̥͔̥͒̿̋̏́͑͐̏͑͒͛̍̏͐͒͐̆͛̄̈́́̃̽̇̈́̈̀͑̂̋̈́̽̑̚̕ͅǵ̶̨̡̨̛̼̮̞̦̭͇̻̻̖̻̮̼̳̘̞̣̤̝̖̦̺̜̜͖͙̯̦̩͕͚̥̺̙̐̈̈͂̊́͛͗̆̀̀̍̔̄͂̈́̂̏̃̄̾̊̓́͒̒̿̽̾̆̊̃̔͋̕̚͜͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠g̵̨̧̨̡̨̤̠͕̻̳̠̰͈͉̱͍̳͍͖̫͉̫͎̳̘̳͉̝̜̙̈́͗̇̌̏͜o̷̻̙͇̜͔̯̙̱̚ţ̸̡̛̛͓̯͔̙̻̭̜̱̖̠͎͚͎͈͓̳̝̩̗̯̠͕̣͈͙͍̣̬͖̣̖͖͈͍͇̙̉̓̌̀̐̍̑̄̊̀͂̉́̈́͛͗͑̇͆̓͊͗̇̒͆̏̀͘̚͜͜͠ͅͅ ̴̢̘̠̫̙͙̱̊̏͒͐̈́͑̂̐̓́̓̀̈͌̍̈́̆͋͜͝j̸̨̡̻͉̗̩̯̗̰̫̤̤̬͚̮͍̥̯̗̖̭̙͚͉͚͙̗͔͚̳̭̥̮̻͚̤̤̝͔͉͓̪̠͚͇̈́͐́̌͋́̉̊͐͆̄̒͋̑̄̀̍͑̔̓͜͜͝͠ͅà̵̡̢̢̛̼̖͇̺̩̻̗͍̤̻͉̯̝͉̼͖̯͔̺̟̣̜̺̣̺̌̊̔̄͊͒̈̀̈̏̈́͆͗̏̾̇̎̄̋̆͊̈́̈́̏̈̐̆̐́̌͘̕͝͠͝ṅ̶͈͈͈̀̔̆̒̈̈̄̉͂͐͋̈̇́́̊̈̍̋́͘̕̚͝͠͝n̶̟̖̭̗̪̼͇̹̾̋̿̔̀̃̾̄̔̒̉͂̓́̀̽̉̑̆̒͐̉͗̐̀̇͘͠į̷̨̛͍͚̰̰̦͓̙͚̥̪̝̇̄͛̉̑͋͂͆̈́͆̋̀͋̃̐̌͗̋́͛̋̄́͑̀̀̇̃̇͊͆͂̾͘͝e̶̢̢̢̡͈̟̩̟̦̫̺̞̹̺̱̘͓͇̤͓͖̜̫̺̜̰̻̱͖̳̗̔̇̐͛̈̈́̈͆̏̂̕s̶̨̢̛̛̰̪̙͓̘̜̖̗̖̱̠̣̖̼̳͙̼̄̓̈̉̓͂̽̓̿͐̑͒̆̋̈́̇͛́̊̍́̎̂̿̀͋̄͊͒̈́̽̇̓̓͂̽̈́̕͘͘̚͠ͅ
>>
>>100140864
the best statistical indicator of high quality code is not code
it's a german/nordic/anglo/russian/french name in the copyright file
>>
>>100144171
you can sort of do this with CSS i believe.
>>
>>100144272
i dont understand
>>
>>100144158
The logic bombs in unicode are only there to replicate those already present in human languages to begin with.
>>
>>100139251
we all hate unicode.
it's shit and its shittiness is why we still have Shift-JIS autism.
>>
>>100145132
not an excuse. unicode is retarded and I hope more shit like TRON come into prominence to fuck over unicode cucks.
I'm still seething UTF16 is still basically everywhere and everyone incorrectly picked LE as the default.
>>
>>100145132
years ago, double quotes were done with punctuation marks resembling a super script 66 and 99, but now most people use a slab style double quote for both the start and end of a quote because that's how it was done with ASCII to save on the limited number of character codes available back when it was established.

Now some people complain when programmers segment text by unicode codepoints as it's not 'correct for human languages'. They should fuck off and learn to appreciate that human languages are now being shaped by the way we use computers. Segmenting text by codepoints is simple to implement, predictable and culturally neutral.
>>
>>100145231
Someone's butthurt. TRON was too Japan centric to gain a wider international audience. Us Europeans have also had to adapt our cultures to computers as well you know.
>>
>>100145278
The best technology doesn't always win. Like with Betamax and VHS. Or maybe it does and the wrong criteria were being looked at.
>>
>>100145245
>>100145278
Unironically makes me wish we had French style quotes in English and maybe quoting wouldn't be so retarded.
>>
>>100145443
Why not Spanish style quotes? Or Japanese style? All these different characters for the same purpose ;P Personally I leave my locale set to "C.utf-8" rather than any nation's locale and leave it at that. It doesn't perfectly conform to the locale of any nation, not even the usa, but it's it's own separate thing now.
>>
>>100145231
utf-16 is a crappy design, but it wasn't designed as it is today. It just grew organically.
>>
>>100139251
NONE of your photos load in kuroba ex... anyone know why?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.