[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: slack.jpg (18 KB, 197x300)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
OSes size is EXACTLY 20GB (full install) and if you do less than full install, most programs dont actually work and you have no way of knowing what works and what doesnt, its trial and error of finding out.

Slackware 14.2 did fit on 20GB and you got 4GB free space left after install.

You now need a 30GB SSD to properly use the OS. Its unlikely in normal usage to download anything once installs are done so the 10GB which is left free after install onto 30GB SSD should not run out in web browser usage.
>>
It's too bloated, just use Yocto or Buildroot
>>
>>100141234
what do I do with them
>>
>You now need a 30GB SSD to properly use the OS
time to buy an additional RAM diskette, gramps
>>
>>100141211
B L O A T E D
L E
O T
A A
T O
E L
D E T A O L B
>>
>>100141302
Build your own distro.
it's bloat thougheverino, I just get the sources for the bootloader, kernel, toy/busybox and uClibc and whatever else I'd need and coompile from sauce like the mentally deranged schizoid I am
>>
>>100141211
Use minimal distros (Gentoo, Arch/Artix, Debian, void) if you really need space
>>
>>100143289
Debian as a minimal distro is a joke.

>you need a particular notepad
>wait a sechs let me install that for you, the OS says while pulling 3GB of dependancies from internet site
>>
>>100141211
lmao this is worse than Windows
>>
>>100143667
how big is current win10 version?
>>
>>100141211
Meanwhile my debian headless install is just close to 5 gb with some extra stuff installed
>>
>>100143865
If you strip it to the bone it's around 15GB but in use you'll need a bit more free space for temporary folders. It's perfectly fine with 25, might be ok with 20.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.