[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news/press-releases/2024/04/ftc-announces-rule-banning-noncompetes

techbros.... we're winning
>>
>>100150641
ban vague patents next
>>
>>100150641
>be Biden
>wake up
>shart yourself in bed
>suddenly have moment of clarity
>realize that you’re supposed to be on the side of the workers, not Blackrock and WEF
>make one ruling that’s vaguely pro-worker
>go back to sleep
>get bedsores because you’re still lying in your own shaft
>>
Ban companies claiming IP on their employees' published code next.
>>
>>100150914
how is biden “supposed” to be on the side of the workers
>>
>>100150641
Good job, government, thanks for enabling brain drain since it looks like non-compete agreements are also invalid for foreign companies. Why not just give everything to Chinese and Indian ownership at this point?
>>
>>100151057
>work conditions in burgerstan are so bad that they have to force overbearing contracts on their best talent to prevent them from escaping to India and China
grim
>>
File: lmao emoji.png (120 KB, 1920x1920)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>100150914
>>100151024
Biden has been extremely consistent with being on the side of workers and not CEO Schlongberg. Meanwhile, Drumpf invites stooges to organize a 100% staged auto union rally like his childhood birthday parties.

Biden is also on the side of customers and not ISPs since he's gonna make net neutrality great again. Drumpf banned it, and you all cheered because it "owned the libs" only to wake up 6 years later and seethe because ISPs started blocking KF (without ever blaming Drumpf or your retarded asses ofc).
>>
>>100150641
>Apple Trust law suit
>Google Trust Law suit
>Meta trust law suit
>Banning non-competes
>Redefining broadband to 300mbps minimum
Is this, dare I say it, the best FTC ever?
>>
>>100151251
>extremely consistent
except with the rail unions

>>100151254
it's OMEGA fucking based, and i will miss it when the Trump admin guts it.

https://www.thebignewsletter.com/
>>
>>100150641
Oh shit i can steal ip nice.
>>
>>100151254
The lawsuits are only worth a damn if they actually end with these companies being forced to correct their behavior.
>>
>>100151057
>you HAVE to shit all over your own country's workforce or the evil foreigners will win
neck yourself, neo-cohen
>>
>>100150914
retard
>>
>>100151254
No, it's just anti-business. They lost the ridiculous microsoft-blizzard merger lawsuit badly because it was completely meritless.
>>
>>100151418
What I mean is, non compete agreements that say "you can't work with a competing company that's from outside the US" should still be valid if they want to prevent brain drain.
I don't know enough to say anything about ones that say "you can't work with a competing company in the US or outside of it".
>>
File: atn57nds0suc1.jpg (35 KB, 506x584)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>100151320
Trump isn't going to win. Biden is gonna take weed off DEA scheduling right before election day.
>>
>>100151516
it's other countries that have to worry about the US brain draining them, not the other way around. killing noncompetes will not reverse this, at most it will just slow the process down slightly
>>
>>100151516
Maybe if you don't want your best employees to leave then you shouldn't treat them like shit. Just a thought.
>>
>>100151876
Yeah, 'cause we all know how well Chinese and Indian workers get treated there. It's so much better than shit.
>>
Based.

I'm a bartender and a hotel tried to get me to sign a noncompete after hiring me already. I refused and they never asked again but I regularly made fun of my boss for this until I left
>>
>>100151896
Make up your fucking mind, schizo. Are talented people going to flee to India and China the second noncompetes stop preventing them from finding better places to work or not?
>>
>>100150641
>increase number of patents
>hand rubbing intensifies
I can only see patent trolls winning here.
>>
>>100151251
Didn't realize Biden's caregiver posts here. Hi.
>>
>>100151516
>non compete agreements that say "you can't work with a competing company that's from outside the US"
Those don't exist.
>>
most of these are not enforceable in most of the USA. No idea if you're oh peons have this enforced on them.
>>
>>100151379
This. It's cool for workers but some people really don't know how real corporate espionage is. Fuck FAANG and big corporations but short term non competes are reasonable in some other situations.

This could actually have the opposite effect alot of people are thinking. When companies and startups try to innovate new tech, there's nothing stopping a bunch of sleazy FAANG recruiters from reaching out to project and research leads with huge offers who just so happen to be the most knowledgeable of what's going on. FAANG will just buy them from smaller and medium sized startups and steal the brains behind it.
>>
>>100153787
Oh come on anon, you need more people in your company for productivity to increase.
>>
>>100150641
>techbros.... we're winning
non competes are essentially non enforceable unless you make it to C levels
>>
why did wagies EVER accept being told they can't freely start or join another software/engineering business if the one they're joining ends up sucking donkey balls?
>>
>>100153787
I don't know what non-compete over the pond is, but it has nothing to do with company secrets in europoor. You're usually not allowed to spill them regardless of any agreement made between you
>>
>>100154930
Because Amerilards are retards. It's literally that simple.
>>
Assumedly stealing trade secrets is still banned though? Just blanket noncompetes are prohibited?
>>
>>100153787
If you think noncompetes are actually useful for stopping corporate espionage, you're just a dumbass. Anyone interested in selling secrets to another company is going to do so while they're still employed or they'll just steal data on their way out and sell it while they're waiting for their noncompete to run out. They have bills to pay, you know?
>>
File: file.jpg (29 KB, 500x281)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>100150641
WTF is a noncompetes???

>FTC says
I'm already taking the opposite side.

>This will create more innovation
I'm literally opposed to this because they use the buzzword innovation to promote their trash.

>[more buzzwords]
Stop you already made a enemy for life no need for more reasons for me to hate you.
>>
>>100156455
Why did you make this reddit spaced post without understanding the subject material?
>>
>>100151487
found the money-worshipping kike
>>
>>100151057
>Why not just give everything to Chinese and Indian ownership at this point?
why do you niggers always forget Israel the fucking country whose citizen always gets away with stealing western tech and selling it to everyone else?
>>
>>100151896
>chinese and indians treat employees like shit
>also ban noncompetes or elese brain drain

How did you end up so retarded?

As always, noncompetes are only a tool to get away with treating your employees like slaves.
Treat them right and non-competes are not needed.
>>
>>100155085
You still can't steal trade secrets.
Your employer don't need you to agree to that in a contract. Obama made stealing trade secrets against the law.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1836
>>
>>100155085
>Just blanket noncompetes are prohibited?
Somewhat.
The Federal Trade Commission's definition of noncompete only covers clauses that apply after your employment ends.
Your employer can still prevent you from working a second job or running a side hustle while you are working for them.
They cannot prevent you from lining up a new job that you will start after quitting your current job.
Existing noncompetes on rank and file employees will not be enforced but for senior management they will remain in effect.
Noncompete clauses will be prohibited in new contracts, both for rank and file employees or for senior management.

The FTC has sent their final draft to the Office of the Federal Register. The OFR will sit on their ass for a while and then publish it.
The rule takes effect ~3 months after it gets published.
In the meantime, noncompete clauses are still enforceable and are still allowed in new contracts.
>>
>>100151254
Candidate for least-horrible. To truly be the best, it needs to persue and win a repeal of Dodge Bros. vs Ford and utterly kill the legal requirement for a corporation to be horrendous cancer that seek shareholder profit above all else.
>>
>>100160052
Shareholder profits are a you made your bed, now lie in it situation. If a company wants to not be cancer it should stay privately owned.
>>
>>100160052
Imagine if that was ever actually enforced and all these big tech companies were forced to pay out billions in dividends.
>>
>>100151618
Trump will win because NYC is giving him an incredible campaign and they're doing it all for free.
>>
>>100161078
Yeah, he's really coming out on top here.
>>
dumb capitalists
>>
>>100151024
Because the democratically (ish) elected president of the United States is supposed to represent the majority of voters, and most voters, much like the entire population, is overwhelmingly working class.
That being said, he really hasn't been doing a great job on that front.
>>
>>100150641
saw this yesterday, very good news. fuck noncompetes. i doubt mine will actually be meaningful or enforceable if and when i move on but it's good for workers to just get rid of them completely.
>>
>>100156455
I'm impressed that you can use more words than you have IQ points.
>>
>>100151896
So why are they leaving for india and china then? Evil chinese brainwashing american engineers to become their slaves?
>>
>>100150641
>500$ more PER YEAR
this is pathetic
>>
>>100167209
Awesome that will cover just enough of my escrow that went up this year.

Though still have the other 3k its gone up in the past 4 years though
>>
>>100151251
Despite being a literal demented oldoid, Biden has made infinitely more based commandments as president than Trump (who made 0, biden made 2 that I know of)

Sadly the president is mostly for show and congress can just block anything good that they might attempt
>>
File: worry.jpg (10 KB, 192x245)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>US government finally does something good
>amerisharts start collectively screeching about it
????
>>
File: laughing girlies9.png (659 KB, 800x600)
659 KB
659 KB PNG
>>100150914
gosh damn
>>
>>100150641
Weren't they effectively unenforceable in the first place? Like sure you can have a valid non-compete... if you pay the employee their salary for the duration. Or maybe if you tailor it so very narrowly that it only applies in to a small handful of positions at direct competitors in a limited geographic region that isn't undue hardship on the employee, where there are still other companies the employee could use their talents at, and still you need to pay them something in exchange for the non-compete period.
>>
File: reddit spacing in 1807.jpg (227 KB, 1080x1277)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>100157857
>reddit spaced
>>
>>100159813
>Your employer can still prevent you from working a second job or running a side hustle while you are working for them.
Like Walmart.
>we will schedule you 10 hours a week
>you need to be available for up to 40 hours
>working part time anywhere else too is unethical and a breach of your employment agreement
>>
>>100151254
Trump will reverse all that communist anti-business pro-China shit. MAGA
>>
>>100168446
Because we have bigger problems than a contract clause which every judge in the country was laughing out their courtrooms anyway.
>>
>>100153787
FAANG just buys up interesting companies, they don’t need to poach their workforce piecemeal. Just buy it, fire everyone you don’t want, kill the old company and write it off. Make money back using patents or some shit. Hell, might even be worth it if they’re a competitor.
>>
>>100151618
> Biden is gonna take weed off DEA scheduling right before election day.
You do realize this just makes an argument against voting for him right?
if he does what the people want then the people will no longer have a use for him.
>>
>>100151251
The only good thing Joe's admin did is finally push the FED to create a bank to bank transaction system.
>>
>>100150641
This is going to kill my company. There's no way we can secure our technology before it goes through safety regulators if some idiot can quit and run off to China any time they want. We need non-competes to keep America strong.
>>
Legalized the brain drain from consumer grade silicon valley into industrial military complex silicon valley.
>"Coincidentally, many people lost their jobs in silicon valley because of the recession"
What are the odds?
>>
>>100170808
If they are running of to China, the non-compete wasn't going to stop them anyway.
>>
>>100150641
>More startups
lol
>>
File: 1707701493116422.jpg (109 KB, 944x806)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>100160052
Ford vs. Dodge was literally the No True Scotsman fallacy, in lawsuit form.
What’s funny is history repeated itself, in the same industry, with the Tesla Delaware lawsuit.
The Judge No True Scotsman fallacied away the voting power of like 90% of shareholders for being “uneducated”
Utter clown world shit.

The point of shares is dividends and voting.
Having a minority stake (which would get defeated in any vote) and being able to go whine to some judge to single handedly hijack a company’s operations is so pants on head stupid idk why the concept even got this far.
>>
>>100170581
>we have bigger problems
Can't help but assume this is a euphemism for "I don't care because it's not about troons/blacks/jews".

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.