[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3615.jpg (106 KB, 1104x1200)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
did you joined?
>>
>>100160939
I'd rather see a sexual embarrassment challenge where LTT employees resist from harassing the girls at LTT and Linus finally releases that sexual harassment report he said he was going to release and fire the LTT creeper. Goes to show how high the guy must have been in Linus circle. I wonder who it was.
>>
>>100161362
the accuser seemed like a crazy bitch
there are about a dozen of females working there
>>
>>100160939
why youtube? wouldn't shelling few more bucks to watch it on his own video service would make sense if you want to support him?
>>
>>100160939
>video doesn't appear anywhere on the LTT page
>doesn't show in the store section
>doesn't show in the members only section
Either post a link or admit this is a fake screenshot
>>
>>100160939
fuck no
>>
>>100160939
why would you pay the marketing channel to watch more marketing videos?
Is this an humiliation ritual?
>>
>>100162469
>>
>>100162469
allow me to spoon-feed you
>https://youtu.be/8x79YmUfH6o
>>
>>100162777
checked
>181 views
>>
>more LTT gossip
Before this rightfully 404s, why are the videos on youtube as members-only if they're so intent on repping and shilling their inhouse floatplane site?
>sign up to floatplane! also you can watch this on youtube if you pay there lel
>>
>>100163493
They started "experimenting" with members-only Youtube uploads last year. They said they want to treat them as ads for Floatplane where they'll give you "free" video if you're already paying on Youtube but you have to pay again on Floatplane if you want to see the entire video series or the rest of their paywalled content
>>
>>100160939
lol. buy an add, linus
>>
>>100163567
>paywalled ads
what did they mean by that?
>>
>>100161362
it was James, and yes he's pretty high up. Maybe there's more than one person though
>>
File: file.png (452 KB, 1363x761)
452 KB
452 KB PNG
>>100162777
>can't rip it with yt-dlp
It's over
>>
>>100163652
Means exactly what it sounds like. Their intention for posting these videos paywalled behind their Youtube memberships is to treat them as ads for Floatplane to encourage those people to buy a second subscription from them through Floatplane.
Linus' greed knows no bounds. In an ideal world he'd have you paying monthly for Youtube Premium + LTT channel membership + Floatplane subscription + probably some additional subscription through their store where he mails you a 20 cent sticker pack once a month but charges you $10.
Yet he will cry and whine on his podcast about how people getting tired of having to pay a dozen subscriptions just to get all the content they used to get for free on Youtube need to shut up and deal with it because hosting costs are expensive and he's the internet's savior doing some grand favor to the world by making a Youtube copy that does most things worse than Youtube already does for free
>>
>>100163780
>Their intention for posting these videos paywalled behind their Youtube memberships is to treat them as ads for Floatplane to encourage those people to buy a second subscription from them through Floatplane
He wants people to pay a subscription to watch more sponsored (totally not an ad) content?
This is wild.
>>
>>100163840
>He wants people to pay a subscription to watch more sponsored (totally not an ad) content?
Yes. They used to post these for free on Youtube where they'd chop up part of a Floatplane video and post that to Youtube and end it by telling people to go pay on Floatplane to watch the rest of it. Last year Linus said he was going to start posting longer versions of these videos but only allow paid members on the Youtube side to see them instead of everyone for free. This is the second one they've posted this month.
>>
>>100163780
Linus is a known hypocrite
He talks on and on about how adblocking is piracy yet self-admits to pirating movies all the damn time, and has even given details on how he illegally shares movies by giving third-parties outside his household access to his personal private Plex server full of pirated movies
And even though he claims he only pirates movies he already owns on DVD or Bluray already, no he fucking doesn't. Dude has hundreds of terabytes of movies. A collection of discs that size doesn't just get shoved into a corner.
>>
>>100163908
>And even though he claims he only pirates movies he already owns on DVD or Bluray already
He's indirectly admitted many times that he'll pirate movies he doesn't actually own as long as he's bought them in the past, including ones he's giving away to other people or re-sold.
>>
>>100163897
It also explains why channel super fun is dead. Anything they might do there is pushed to fartplane.
>>
>>100160939
>did you joined
This is what happens when you outsource your shilling needs to pajeet
Lrn2english
>>
>>100163683
How do you know who it was?
>>
>>100164262
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSze-5nqD4s
>>
>>100164398
no harassment found
>>
>>100164528
the people who have the conclusive evidence will never show it to you
>>
the video is already leaked and uploaded for free on /t/
>>
>>100164119
lurk more
>>100165296
no it didn't
>>
>>100161796
almost half of LMGs employees are female
>>
>>100160939
Unless Luke gives me nudes: I do not give a fuck about Linus Tech Tips.
>>
>>100161796
She seemed crazy, but it turned out it was true with multiple LTT employees confirming and that leaked video and audio of the sexual harassment meeting they had after she left. Poor kid. 19 years old, first job, and having to deal with Linus and his rapey employees. He never released the so-called 3rd party "investigation" he said he was going to release. I wonder why.
>>
>>100163683
Which one is James? Is he the one that hosts the podcast with him? Didn't he co-found the company with him?
>>
>>100162370
most people watching youtube aren't likely to leave the site. having the patreon experience baked-in leads to more subscriptions.
>>
>>100164119
this is a brown board anon. haven't you noticed by now?
>>
>>100164528
>are you gonna dance on that table or just stand on it?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>100161362
Could you resist harassing this girl, /g/?
>>
>>100167770
>it was true because I don't like linus becuase he said things on twitter I don't like!
>>100168475
>jokes are harassments
>>
>>100160939
They already have Floatplane...why the fuck locked vids on YT? I get you can get money, but it splits your viewerbase from your private site. Just greasy.
>>
>>100160939
Do people actually PAY to watch advertisements?
>>
>>100161362
> giving an untrustworthy canadian pedo money
> ever
LMAO
M
A
O

>>100163780
> floatplane
AHAHAHAHA

>>100170160
because floatplane has turned into a disaster after he alienated most of his paypigs and said paypigs deleted their accounts. they're getting ever more desperate for money as quite a number of previous sponsors are no longer wanting to work with thieves.
>>
https://linusmediagroup.com/our-team

Why the fuck does Leenoos need to employ this many people to put out a couple shitty youtube videos? Why the fuck does he have a ML Engineer on staff???

Are most of these people just gig workers working 2 hours a month?
>>
>>100170280
Real question is "where are the pirated Floatplane vids going up to?" Though, I'm guessing wherever they go, nobody wants to publicly advertise.
>>
>>100161362
There is nothing wrong with rape and sexual harassment
>>
>>100161362
Do you actually care about this made up "sexual harassment" bullshit or is it just because you hate that Canadian twink? Because I also would like to see this Canadian twink's head get bashed in but come on
>>
>>100160939
I ain't watching these grifters.
>>
>>100170377
There is if the woman is married or a virgin. If she already chose to live in sin then not, of course.
>>
>>100170430
>Crosscuck mental gymnastics
>>
>>100168512
Did that thing 41% yet?
>>
>>100163683
>James
Doubt it.
>>
>>100170311
Linus, inventor of linux, has repeatedly made videos about his lab, which is intended to be a serious hardware and software testing, benchmarking, and CT scanning empire to compete with other review and benchmark sites. How do you not know this?
>>
>>100172502
definitely looks the part though.
>>
He's already got so much money
why does he want even more
>>
>>100162777
>FP Exclusive
>On Youtube

I always thought Linus' endgame was to get everyone using Floatplane instead of Youtube and having subscribers and 100% control. But the more and more it goes on it's clear he doesn't give a fucking shit about it. If anything it's just a fucking burden or barely worth the cost to him if he's just gonna put the videos on Youtube instead. The people working on it are wasting their lives.
>>
>>100170406
I do care, because I was one of those guys who was calling out bullshit on Madison for faking it on Reddit and /g/ because why would someone leave such a cozy and easy social media job.

But then someone said she was like 19 years old, pretty much just a kid and it was her first job, so she doesn't really know what's right/wrong or how a professional, but "fun" bro-workplace should be. Apparently she had to deal with multiple creepers at work sexually harassing her and being sexually inappropriate to her rejecting their rapey advances and then they started treating her like shit when she rejected them. Then she tried to go to HR and Linus about it, and Linus brushed it off and told her she should just go on a date with his rapey friend. Then Linus said he was going to hire a 3rd party company to investigate, release the report to the public, and fire the creeper, but he still hasn't done it. So that means Linus is protecting the guy in his company that is sexually harassing 19 year old girls and was okay with sexual harassment and he's pretty high up in the company or why else wouldn't Linus just fire the guy and release the report.

To top it off, when she left to avoid being sexually harassed and treated like shit because she wasn't having sex with Linus' friends, Linus held a sexual harassment meeting and James kept making rape jokes.

Apparently the whole situation and the meeting was so fucked up that LTT employees felt the need to secretly record the meeting and leak it on YouTube.

Even his podcast co-host keeps hinting about the situation and how Linus still hasn't corrected it when ever they cover sexual harassment stories on the podcast and Linus pretends to be oblivious and brushes over it.

It's pretty fucking sick.
>>
>>100170311
They're going to use machine learning to finally write and release that sexual harassment report and to write the termination letter of the LTT rapist that was sexually harassing Madison and creeped her out enough to leave.
>>
>>100175752
so basically all you're going on is some 19 year old thot's word

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.