[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Black_US_keycaps.jpg (32 KB, 800x533)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
I just bought a second ZSA Voyager keyboard for the office.

Did I make the wrong choice?

What is your favourite split keyboard and why?
>>
>>100161686
cable ruins it
>>
keyboardio Model 01/Model 100
tiltable wood handrests are max comfy
>>
>>100161712
alternative?
>>
>>100161714
That looks pretty comfy, how configurable is it? Can you easily remap the keys?
>>
File: 1713977743336.jpg (1.47 MB, 1868x4000)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
I have moonlander and I feel like it's a meme. Nice to have a space in the middle of keyboard, I guess...
I like my Tada68 more.
>>
>>100161766
DIS NIGGA EATIN BEANS
>>
>>100161735
yes it also has excellent customization support
https://github.com/keyboardio/Kaleidoscope/tree/master/examples/Features
and ease of access
https://github.com/keyboardio/Chrysalis
>>
>>100161783
Yeah, haha, I felt like eating beans that evening.
>>
>>100161686
the fact that these keyboards are not wireless with batteries on each side and connected independently is bizarre to me, and the ones that are cost 300 USD or more. I would never buy something like this these cables will knock over your coffee and you will get your dick burned.
>>
>>100161830
>https://github.com/keyboardio/Kaleidoscope/tree/master/examples/Features
sorry meant to link
https://github.com/keyboardio/Kaleidoscope/tree/master/plugins
>>
>>100161891
I'd genuinely prefer having cables to my keyboard stop working while im trying to write some code, and the breaking my focus and having to replace them
>>
>>100161717
wouldn't you prefer having to charge both your keyboards every few hours? wireless is the future.
>>
>>100161942
Wouldnt you prefer to plug it in once and never worry about it again?
>>
>buys meme kb
>still gets sore hands cause fat
hahah
>>
>>100162038
sorry to hear that anon, you can get better, i believe in you
baby steps!
>>
>>100161712
for a desktop setup i really cant be arsed, its not something like a mouse that profits that much from being wireless. i have considered getting a keyboard thats capable of being wireless but i dont think id use it much like that.
for a mobile setup id truly adore a corne ish zen or something though
>>
>>100162282
>>100161686
So do you guys just accept having 15 WPM on these keyboards, or what?
>>
>>100162282
didnt respond to >>100161686
Looks like a nice keyboard anon, i havent looked into it much but zsa makes some quality products so if you like the layout its gonna do its job.
i really enjoy my keywells so my favourites are tbk mini (my last keyboard) and the scylla (my current keyboard(last posts pic))
Both of these are incredibly comfortable for me, contrary to what youd think i didnt get the bigger keyboard for anything productivity related but just for gaming. i think if i were to stop playing video games id go back to a corne layout like the tbk mini
>>
are there any "fullsized" split keyboards? something with at least the F-keys
>>
>>100161686
keychrone q11
>>
>>100162319
I didnt drop in type speed desu, i got into these keyboards right after i started hitting 100 wpm (my goal i set for touch typing).
I remember after i set my 101 wpm i set 105 with my tbk mini the same evening, this isnt some crazy wpm but its plenty fast for me.
What makes these keyboards slow to type on in your opinion/experience ?
>>
>>100162468
just seems awkward and inefficient. but I guess people are pretty adaptable and could make it work, with practice.
>>
>>100161686
I'm on a moonlander now, but planning on making a jump to a different board. I specifically wish that it had fewer keys and better thumb key positions. It was a good keyboard to get into more autistic keymaps like miryoku and seniply (what I use now).

I'm debating between a ferris sweep and dactly for my next one, probably the sweep since it has the exact right number of keys for my current layout.
>>
>>100162643
It depends on the person, when i switched to ortho it took me 3 days, when i then switched to dactyl like it took me 3 hours to reach good typing speeds.
In my experience only one person (that is good at typing) tried it and was doing ok pretty fast and should be able to outtype me in and evening or two of practice.
It sure can be awkward and inefficient ! This is only really the case if you just switched from a normal layout, if you arent used to any keyboard or if you have used it for a bit it really feels quite natural as these truly are made to fit hands well
>>
File: 1685818738248560.jpg (63 KB, 960x720)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>100161686
A keyboard like that but under 100$?
>>
File: split75kb.jpg (178 KB, 1500x1500)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
cheapest kit I could find at the time, straight from aliexpress

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.