[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: javascript.jpg (159 KB, 1044x698)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>it's javascript's world, and we're just lisping in it
>>
OP has TDS (Transgender Derangement Syndrome)
>>
>>100167727
Im using this the next time we hire some dumbass intern who suggests we rewrite our entire python codebase with type hints because he learned that in his $500 bootcamp
>>
>>100167727
i hope your dad see this, sister
>>
It's kind of true though. Javascript is inherently a broken, unfixable mess, and pretending otherwise is turd polishing.
>>
>>100168169
>we rewrite our entire python codebase with type hints because he learned that in his $500 bootcamp
This shit makes me cringe so fucking much
>>
>>100168198
>Javascript is inherently a broken, unfixable mess, and pretending otherwise is turd polishing.
No it's not, js werks perfectly fine for the frontend, node is for pajeets
>>
>>100167727
this is obviously a joke and if you get mad at it you should have been lobotomized on birth
>>
>>100167727
>: any
>>
>>100168169
Untyped python is a cancer in large code bases. If I ever have to create a production codebase in python I would absolutely find a way to enforce type hints in ci/cd. Better yet, avoid python entirely and use something like c# or kotlin.
>>
>>100168754
>Untyped python is a cancer in large code bases
Only if you hire idiots
>>
>>100168754
for some insane reason I spent 15 years of my life using mainly dynamic shit like perl and python, despite starting with c/c++ years before
getting back into typed languages made me feel like I had been eating brain damage pills all that time
with just a couple extra keystrokes upfront you can save yourself a code-lifetime of problems
>>
>>100167727
The language created by THE CHUD HIMSELF (the man, the myth, the legend) is somehow non-western and feminine.
>>
>>100168169
Does Python enforce typehints now? Has been a while since I did anything big using Python, the typehints back then were mostly just useful for completion and linting. If it doesn’t, seems like something that could just be accomplished by some intern over a few months without much issue.
>>
>>100167727
I want to believe this guy is just taking the piss but I really can't tell anymore.
>>
>>100169710
No, not out of the box. You have to use something like mypy or pyright and that only gives you static analysis.
>>
>>100167727
is javascript ancap? how do you violate the nap in it?
>>
>>100168754
in my large codebases everything is dicts, or lists, or int/float/bool, or strings

introducing oop leads to type cancer
>>
>>100168169
>>100168754
real companies (I am talking about Google, not irrelevant shithole that hired you) usually rewrite those Python toys in C++.
>>
>>100168234
>js werks perfectly fine for the frontend
>10 mb of javascript to display hello world
>>
>>100172796
more like 100mb when compressed if you mean electron
>>
>>100169710
They are worse than useless.
>>
peak politics-obsessed xitter freak brainrot

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.