[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GK8UcwdW4AA2-jr.jpg (67 KB, 1080x1080)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Why are all obscure tutorials made by pajeets? I wouldn't really mind if I could at least understand their retarded accent. Why is there a significant lack of documentation on niche subjects like embedded systems programming in the first place? Embedded software runs practically everywhere.
>>
Depends on the field. If you look up tutorials on underwater basket weaving its all old white women.
>>
Misguided demonstration of value and a symptom of their general "fake it till you make it" mentality.
>>
>>100168263
What are you talking about? I did find it valuable. It just needs less Indians
>>
>>100168245
>I wouldn't really mind if I could at least understand their retarded accent.
You know you say this as if it's their fault but really it only makes you look incredibly stupid. Imagine being so low IQ that you can't process your own native language. You are ngmi.
>>
>>100168245
they get uni credit for it

> Why is there a significant lack of documentation on niche subjects like embedded systems programming in the first place?
there's great documentation. you just have to pay for it. things that are valuable cost money.
>>
>>100168245
why are you trying to learn from videos on youtube

fucking zoomers
>>
File: 1713894662593017.png (385 KB, 708x702)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
0 obscure tutorials are made by jeets. It's always entry level stuff and basics. Poos don't have the IQ to make videos on the really niche stuff, and OP is too much of a normie to have ever stumbled on it.
If you find it on Youtube, and it's not a 240p lecture in Korean with <100 views or something, the topic you are working on isn't obscure.
>>
>>100168245
>Why are all obscure tutorials made by pajeets?
RTFM faggot. MAN, RFC, Docs, Books, Academic Papers, or WHATSOEVER. Why do zoomers always rely on jewtube tutorial videos
>>
>>100168741
not putting extra time that mr jewberg will not pay for, i need to get my work done and leave, simple as that. fuck your "hey here is the documentation for this shit product that not even the vendor wants to support, you better get it sorted out by friday"
>>
File: derp.png (308 KB, 483x515)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>100168533
I learned how to fix my shower faucet from a YouTube video. It worked, it cost me only $10 in parts from a hardware store, and only a few minutes. What's the problem?
>>
>>100168793
This is a programming thread, nigger?
>>
a big part of outsourcing any kind of computer shitwork to india is making sure the india team / the vendor / the pajeet doesn't need to circle back endless training. the training needs to be scalable. i.e. get one pajeet to make one video which 1,000 pajeets can watch, instead of getting one anglo-saxon engineer over zoom hosting a proper training at 2 in the morning Hyderabad time. they have no choice but to make these videos. listen to how tired and beaten down they are as they wheeze through installing npm. they long for death
>>
>>100168245
Because there's almost two billion of them and for cultural reasons they tend to like computer stuff.
>>
>>100168533
>>100168818
Been programming since i was 10 and learned everything i know on YouTube. The ones who are really NGMI are the ones who do not know how to use google and youtube and expect college to teach them everything. Go sniff your own farts more. I bet you get mad when people call it 'coding' too
>>
>>100168245
The better question is why do Indians use English titles when the video is not even fucking English? Seen it so many times.
>>
>>100168245
i stopped watching Indian youtube tutorials when I saw an Indian recommend desoldering QFP package style chips from electronics using mercury.
>>
>>100168970
>Been programming since i was 10 and learned everything i know on YouTube.
You probably produce abysmal code. Your understanding will for ever suck compared to someone that learned programming through SICP.
>>
>>100169282
>you MUST learn programming through LISP and this one book or you're not a true le /g/ hackerman
knew you loved sniffing your own farts
>>
>>100168245
Why aren't you making obscure tutorials if you're that concerned.
>>
>>100169321
It doesn't need to be this book you retard, I just picked a good one, but there are many more good ones. But even if you pick a mediocre book it will still be better than any youtube video. The format of videos simply is not ideal for learning something in depth.
>>
>>100168741
A lot of technologies (usually newer ones) are good at documenting how they work but not how you should use them. For example, I just started a project using Qt (never done any GUI before) and while I can read the docs and see what the fancy classes do, if I just picked random shit and made it work I would end up with pure pajeetware in less than a week. Most manuals give you a basic bitch example (here's a program with one window and two buttons lol) then expect you to somehow internalize the same knowledge that the product's designer had after working on it for years (just memorize every single docpage lmao). I'd rather put myself through a small degree worth of docs because I hate indians and video tutorials but RTFM isn't real advice unless we're talking about something that's had thousands of books written about it.
>>
>>100169359
How long have you been programming?
>>
>>100169380
Around 14-15 years
>>
I've never found an indian tutorial worth watching they're always way too wordy, use poor diction, and never know what they're talking about. I hate this forced meme that "no no those indian tutorials are good sir!! redeem the tutorial sir!!!"
>>
>>100169407
Have you worked on any major projects or are you still in school? I'm probably at 15-20 years at this point

First off, I just don't see how a book is going to teach you that much in comparison to experience. Also, the vast amount of knowledge I would think is going to come from disparate sources. Piecing together whatever info you can find, doc pages, youtube videos, research papers, reading other people's code, etc. and being able to be resourceful enough to do all that on your own in my experience is the number one skill important for being a programmer.

I have read a few programming books before but the knowledge there is just so narrow compared to what i continue learning every day. If you read SICP or whatever it might teach you some good patterns but that's not going to replace the need for continued, daily learning.
>>
>>100169520
It really depends on what you do, not every programmer needs to learn constantly. I know the vast majority of people here do webshit and that's a huge, constantly changing mess, but if all you did was, let's say, maintain a decades old C++ codebase, a couple of books and a lot of time are all you need.
>>
>>100168533
every professor ive had doesnt do anything beyond quickly read words off a powerpoint slide in a heavy accent, and expect us to suddenly know how shit works without any demonstration or practice. it's the same damn shit. at least some of the youtube ones speak halfway decent english.
t. college zoomer, junior year
>>
>>100169520
Of course you learn the most through experience, but that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the knowledge base you get through videos vs a good book.
How many times did you hear about "book hell"? That someone worked through a good book and then went to the next one and the next one and so on for months and years and never really created anything? But "tutorial hell" is an actual phenomena, simply because it creates the illusion of learning. Not that I don't watch videos, but for me they have the same function as a Wikipedia article. They give an superficial overview over something that I don't know anything about. I just familiarize myself with some terms and concepts before I dive into the actual material. Watching a video is like reading the TOC or an introduction.
>>
>>100168970
been programming since I was 6 and learned the basics with books, man pages, and absolutely no internet or graphics. It doesn't fucking matter how you learn. The ones that really are NGMI are the ones that expect to be spoonfed shortcuts instead of learning how to learn and, above all, aren't willing to spend the time or energy. I can't count the number of times I banged my head on the same problem for hour after hour, day after day, night after night before discovering a solution. This suffering at the beginning (and even now occasionally) is how the real learning happens. It's hard to forget the solution to your pain. You don't get that when someone else figures it out for you.

fwiw I do seethe when people use this sense of `code' as a verb
>>
>>100169597
>I was talking about the knowledge base you get through videos vs a good book.
name one actual non super obscure subject that you can only learn in a book vs youtube videos

oh wait you can't
physics, linear algebra, any language you want to learn, deep dives into any programming language in existence, calculus, everything on khan academy, etc.

equivalent hours spent watching youtubers like 3B1B and making your own stuff > college education & textbooks
>>
>>100169701
Lol you digged yourself into an even deeper hole. It's especially wrong for math, the disparity between math books vs videos is even greater than programming books vs videos. And I don't say they are bad, but even the better courses like the ones from Khan academy, if you actually only get the knowledge from them, you would never pass a test in uni. Or if you write a paper based on what you learned from them, every mathematician in the world would laugh at your ass because of the lack of rigor and the amateurish style, even if the contents was legit (but most likely the contents wouldn't be legit either).
>>
>>100169837
>reads books
>I LEARNED SOMETHING I SWEAR. I HAVE SOME ASBTRACT KNOWLEDGE FROM THE OSMOSIS OF BOOKS AND HOTBOXING IN MY OWN FARTS
>can't name one thing
>>
>>100169906
Nigger I understand some people have difficulties reading. If you are one of them, it's ok, I don't blame you or even care, but just accept that books are superior, even if (for whatever past experience you have) you associate negative things with them.
If you'd just accept the objective superiority of books but say that they are still not your personal preferred choice, I would respect that.
>>
>>100168348
>t. seething pajeet
>>
>>100168245
Why are all obscure tutorials made by pajeets?
They are not. It's just that you only know english.
And the majority of english speaker are indians.
Learn another language, and you will find a ton of obscure video by people who are NOT pajeets.
>>
>>100169969
>pretentious faggot hurling insults, with absolutely 0 substance to any of his posts
i immediately disregard the opinion of anyone who types like this

reminds me of back in 2016 some faggot on /pol/ seething at me, saying some shit like,
>you absolute uneducated fewl, can't you understand my simply superior knowledge? i have studied countless political science novellas. i could never be wrong. HILLARY will win. you, a simple commoner, dare insult the wit of a college educated (IN POLITICAL SCIENCE I MIGHT ADD) TOP OF MY CLASS, GENIUS!?!
wish i still had the screenshot. if it was any more retarded i would think it was bait.

then i bet a bunch of money on trump winning and laughed all the way to the bank
>>
File: OIG2.7MbXS6_F3HA.png (1.44 MB, 1024x1024)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>100170036
well don't tell him that. you'll make him feel bad,
>>
File: 1713863218551306.gif (3.85 MB, 600x338)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB GIF
>>100170036
>And the majority of english speaker are indians.
>>
>>100170136
Did you really write a whole wall of text, because of one single word of the post?
Back to r*ddit if you don't like the way people write here, nigger.
>>
>>100170158
no it's because you wrote a pretentious condescending post with zero actual content in it retard. not everyone here is as retarded as you or i would not come here.
>>
>>100170203
The retard is you. I've met actual people who for whatever reason would get an uneasy feeling in their gut when thinking about reading a book. So it's not far-fetched to think it might also apply to you, considering how you defend such an idiotic stance.
>>
>>100168245
Their time has very little or no value, so the opportunity cost of something like producing a Youtube tutorial is very low when compared to the potential ad revenue and opportunities for grift.
>>
>>100168348
they're just reading verbatim from a text book which they themselves don't understand.
>>
File: 1713977544872292.jpg (88 KB, 873x1024)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>100168263
>>100168309
>>100170001
>>100172123
>>100168646
>>100168741
>>100168846
>>100169258
>>100169275
>>100169430
>>100170036
>>100170609
The funny thing is most of these "pajeets" perform a useful function in society to the point where normies have enshrined them in memes but 4chan stormfront wannabes will claim that it isn't valuable.
how out of touch is your value system where it is conflicting with every point of reality.
not that i've ever understood the appeal since i know the man command exists.
>>
>>100168263
SPBP

Lets not forget indians are constantly stealing other people's tutorials

>>100170036
Also hard truth
>>
>>100173080
it's always been insecurity. this entire site is just that.
>>
File: 1712958378676355.jpg (12 KB, 259x194)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>100168245
>1.4 billion population
>English is second official language
Hmm. It's almost like pajeets are largest english (for somewhat loose definition of english) speaking group.
>>
because they've been math and tech wizards since ancient times. they even managed to live rent-free in /g/'s head.
>>
>>100173080
>where normies have enshrined them in memes
About them being call center scammers? You're never gonna convince us that you're secretly the good guys, Poojesh.
>>
>>100174215
>Lets not forget indians are constantly stealing other people's tutorials
Is Indians stealing from other Indians REALLY stealing?
>>
>>100168245
because americans are so focused on themselves and most of them don't realize that the best way to reinforce knowledge you learn is to teach others
>>
>>100173080
>>100174641
good mornings sirs
>>
>>100168245
Pajeets only make extremely surface level, low skill, memorization-based tutorials. If you find yourself watching content made by pajeets it's probably because you're a shitter so lacking in basic theoretical knowledge you've ended up looking for shortcuts on things that any competent engineer/developer/researcher should be able to do by himself.

I don't think I've watched a single jeet tutorial since I was in high school.
>>
File: aqua_disdain.jpg (89 KB, 826x753)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>100173080
>The funny thing is most of these "pajeets" perform a useful function in society
They do not. You learn absolutely nothing from the trash they put out. They don't understand wtf they're talking about most of the time and if I see only jeet results for some problem I have it's a clear indicator I should go back and RTFM, as the anon said.
>>
>>100178109
>teach others
>knowledge
making a youtube video repeating the steps of a procedure you do not understand, and which happens to only work in some very specific conditions (that you don't know about), is not knowledge - nor is it teaching.

whenever I see junior employees turn to jeetcrap or chat gpt for help I know that they're ngmi
>>
>>100168245
Because they are padding their resume to steal your jobs. Pajeets are evil

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.