[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I turned my 3 fan pre-built desktop into a 1 fan desktop. I managed to delete 2 fans completely without hurting the hardware. Basically, if you didn't already know, you can bolt more heatsinks (with thermal paste) onto your already existing heatsinks and delete your fans. I still need 1 fan to run for the sake of general case heat. It feels so much better to have literally only 1 moving part on my Desktop.
>>
>>100168547
It's 2024, computers are different now, grandpa
>>
>>100168592
>glorified facebook machine
>>
>>100168612
With linux it could probably unironically run Minecraft at 200 fps.
>>
>>100168547
based retard.
>>
>>100168649
It's running Debian, by the way.
>>
>>100168547
children words are sometimes pretty
>>
>>100168612
For 90 percent of pc users it'd be more than enough.
I still can't for the life of me understand why more people just buy pcs like that.
Especially because of the environment and to avoid more waste.
All the big parts like HDDs and CDs are now gone, and you can easily fit an entire pc into a small form factor like that. Do it with an APU like Ryzen 8600g and you can even game decently on it.
I just don't get it. Nintendo managed to do it with the Wii. Apple has the mac mini. Why can't regular pcs start taking after?
It's bugged me for years.
>>
>>100168547
personally i threw psu out of case, removed all case fans and side panel. temps went down 13C on average.
>>
>>100170177
>Why can't regular pcs start taking after?
mini pcs have been out there for more than 15 years now. you high, or just too lazy to do some basic research before making inane claims?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.