[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 23.jpg (72 KB, 720x720)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
What fields of computer science still have Alpha? I feel kind of naked with just pursuing a CS degree.

Can I still create a Computer Science unicorn?
>>
>>100168917
minecraft alpha is better than r1.21
>>
>>100168940
Thats NOT waht I mean
>>
>>100168917
Algorithms is still a grey area.
You can do a LOT of stuff at the same time on modern hardware.
>>
>>100168917
AI is too full, but smarter and smarter compilers (e.g. effects system, advanced types, Lisp-style continuation and condition systems) seem to have a lot of alpha still for the median 130IQ motivated genius to take a crack at.
>>
Astolfo is so handsome. I love how they made him cute and feminine without going overboard and erasing his maleness. He's so perfect.
>>
>>100168917
unironically? computer vision and products built around it (read: killer drones)
>>
>>100168917
depends on what you mean by Alpha. This is a hype-driven field where relatively little attention is focused on things that aren't in vogue. Pretty much most niches already have something written for them in some capacity. However, what is written is often suboptimal and could be improved if given time and effort. Think about what frustrates you and then think about whether you think it's worthwhile to try to fix it. Also remember that most advancements in technologies have been driven by a couple key motivators: money, lust, and irritation.
>>
>>100168917
CS = Considering Suicide
>>
>>100168996
There is nothing masculine about that image
>>
Bump. Dont let this great thread die.
>>
>>100168917

There is absolutely nothing wrong with living a nudist lifestyle.
>>
>>100169026
Yes there is. That's why you can tell he's a boy.
>>
>>100169026
>.t subhuman
>>
>>100168917
>>100168996
>>100169556
Imagine being a homosexual. You all are disgusting creatures.
>>
>>100169607
Im cute and loveable
>>
>>100169607
Everyone hates LGBT freaks, but nobody is COMPLETELY straight. Everyone has at least some subset of the same sex that they might become intimate with, given the right circumstances. When it comes to a cutie like Astolfo, it's no wonder he occupies that subset for a great many people.
>>
Alpha's a pretty dead instruction set regardless of which field of computer science you are pursuing. Sorry bro. x86 and ARM have won. Just accept it.
>>
>>100170266
XD hilarious
>>
Server orchestration and tooling. TerraForm was on the path for this with IaC but they got acquired and they just stopped open-sourcing their efforts.

There's a lot of room left for improving tooling. Most of the solutions I've seen are suboptimal - if you're a dev who just wants to get shit done, you can't be bothered to stop your workflow debugging everytime something breaks because the fucktarded apes misconfigured their software. So in a sense, automatic tooling software are still unsolved.
Other than that, there's RISC and ARM programming, so mainly systems stuff.
I believe CV is almost a solved field now, with whatever left are minute improvements. ML/DL are still premature, lots of research coming out everyday but no one takes the time to clean up the mess with the ML software ecosystem.
>>
>>100168917
what does alpha mean in this context? esl nigga here
is it some sort maths slang?
>>
>>100170626
ponder the perfume

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.