[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there a Japanese version anime AI that I can speak with? Actually.... doesn't matter if it uses llama 3 or not, I just want to practice japanese without needing any human teacher
>>
This might be the saddest thing i have ever read.
>>
>>100171646
If you want to learn a language, buy a few books in it and translated copies of them in your native language and then deduce first the most basic root words (Yes, I, what etc.), then deduce a few nouns and verbs, then deduce the sentence structure and so on. You'll learn it faster than any instructor can teach you.

Also >>100171665
>>
>>100172094
I learned English beyond what I was taught in school by ESLing my way in online and I don't see why it would be any different for other languages, just go ESJ on 2chan.net
>>
>>100172109
>ESJ
>English Second Japan
>>
>>100172114
yes, america is just bigger and gayer japan
>>
>>100171646
I love mini-girls so much bros. When will the tech exist?
>>
>>100172109
That's for when you know how to conversate passably, and even then reading literature is better.
For a beginner, satisfying the prerequisite of being utterly retarded, essentially reverse engineering the language is the best way to learn, even if it takes a lot of effort.
>>
>>100172188
not* being utterly retarded
Looks like I have to reverse engineer some sense into my own head first.
>>
>>100172188
reading is only useful for reading
>>
>>100172109
Learning moon runes is completely different thing than learning English. Besides, you don't actually learn the language as you can't speak or listen for shit.
Deciphering magazines (I did that too) only works for some rudimental level and with English this was/is easy because it's pretty much all around us. Even in those former communist countries.
To suitably learn a language you'd need to do creative writing and someone would actually need to review this for you. Repetition. And you'd also need to be able to hold conversations.
You can see from my post that I have reinforced wrong habits along the years just because I think "I know" the language. Don't lie to yourself, anon.
>>
>>100172385
>completely different thing
it literally isn't
>>
>>100171646
llama 3 is shit for non english. almost all its training data was for english. they said they would release multilingual models in the future
>>
>>100171646
Command R and Command R+ are pretty good at Japanese, you can find quantized versions on huggingface.co.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.