[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Bros i just bought parts for my first desktop and they are great but i am feeling dead on the inside

I am 20 years old and i always wanted one yet best i got was mediocre laptop that could never support newer games My fuse ran out yesterday so i got few cooder friends to help me out what we came up with is almost 2300 euro computer with great parts

I am not debt i can afford it and its gonna last me awhile before i need to upragde but i feel this great dread, the stess the feeling of as i been robbed by myself One of my other friends says he also hated buying his deskop and settled for just a good gaming laptop Can anyone relate or explqin this

Here is part list if anyone is wondering

https://it.pcpartpicker.com/list/rthwvj
>>
>>100171671
You've spent as much money on a pc that others spend on a car.
Use less money the next time and you won't feel so bad.
>>
>>100171671
you are experiencing anxiety from spending money
if you consider it in terms of euros per hour, it will probably come out to fractions of fractions of a euro
which is much easier to reason about
>>
>>100171671
>italian guy cannot cope with his own feeling
color me surprised
>>
>>100171671
2300 euro is far past the price-performance sweet spot. You spent too much.
>>
>>100171671
were you poor before?
>>
>>100171754
I am not italian

Amazon just doesn't have specific site for my country so i had to use closeset option
>>
>>100171671
Most money is wasted on unnecessary things. It's okay.
>>
>>100171783
I finished my middleschool with substantial amount of money from scholarship and had 2 jobs after that totaling about 18 months of work experience combined

I never been poor so i would more put myself in middle class
>>
>>100171671
It's because you are not used to spend money. You are still very young. When I was your age, I used to feel the same. A pack of candy was the most I could spend. As you grow up, you will be forced to spend money and you will start to feel at ease with it, unless you become greedy.

More than that, I now give very little importance to my money, even compared to the average person, because I have really felt how short, uncertain and ridiculous life is due to my recent experiences.
>>
>>100171671
Just take it as a lesson for next time dont spend money on stupid shit you dont need, remember that it didnt make you happy.
I did the same recently, i played with it for exactly one week and now its collecting dust or used for leetcode and web browsing which i could do with 1/4 the price
This is a message to everyone reading: do not buy a gaming pc, instead get a dell linux laptop or a thinkpad thats all you need to have fun on the internet, gaming is not as fun as it used to be
>>
>>100171722
Smells like amateur vtuber setup
>>
>>100171841
Thanks

This puts me bit more at ease Myabe ill invest moee money into things like gold and all that so i feel more secured before spending this ridiculous amount of money next time
>>
>>100171918
I just wana play some Helldivers 2 man
>>
>>100171671
You overspent on the motherboard, you should have got the cheapest one that supports all the features you plan to have in your build.
On the SSD too (I paid 180 € for a 4 TB one last year).
Overall, great build, it will last for at least 15 years if you don't mind not receiving driver updates, though you might consider some upgrades 5 years from now, like the monitor.
>>
>>100171671
Keep this feeling with you forever. Buying things won't make you a better person.
>>
>>100171892
Same. Dont buy a 1500 usd gaming pc bros you will play 3 hours a week and feel stupid
>>
>>100171722
Used car price is negligible in the face of running costs:
>tax+insurance: $2K
>gas: $2,5K
>repairs: $1,5K
The scrap you pay for the used rustbucket is only a token
>>
File: wp9110950_1.jpg (618 KB, 1912x2701)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
>>100172383
Except if you do sw dev then you mainly do 6 hourd gamig, two hours watching anime and after that the workday is done and you can spend time with your gf or do hobbies
>>
>>100171923
Gold is not for increasing value, but guarding your wealth against devaluing currency. Index funds are for growing your money
>>
I can't relate. I'm not italian pig poorfag. I bought PC with 1500 euros and it ran games I liked very well.
>>
>>100171671
Is fine, that amount of money is a pittance on ehat a hobby can really cost you. Just go enjoy games with it
>>
>>100171892
Lol. I don't get this. I can have shit everything, but my PC must at least be decent. I use it hours everyday. If I want to try some new game I don't want the PC to stop me from enjoying it.
>>
>>100171671
I wouldn't buy a expensive PC these days, all games I can care about already run on my 5 year old PC. Maybe I'll upgrade in 2026/27 to run Monster Hunter Wilds and GTA VI, but I wonder if it's worth to pay at least 1k to play 2 games.
>>
>>100171722
for a non-deathtrap car, prices START at 10k+. get real. spending 2k on a pc is unironic mid-tier. 10k for a pc will get you well into enterprise gear.
>>100171671
2k is chump change dude. but i have even worse news for you. 20k is chump change too. infact the chumpery continues until you start talking about six figures.
the sad corollary of this is that, you salary is most likely chump change. your taxes, which feel so burdensome, are chump change.
its a world of chumps.

dont penny pinch, buy the PC and do some awesome shit on it. a fast pc will objectively open opportunities that others dont have, e.g. videoediting, doing big boy software stuff, entry level AI stuff, etc.
>>
>>100171671
as a poorfag pc user i regret not buying laptop instead

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.