[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1690293472323423423.jpg (20 KB, 374x420)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Why would you buy a second monitor if most operating systems support virtual desktops/workplaces for literally that purpose?
What about tmux/terminator terminals that support panes and windows? It's supposed to be a used on a single monitor setup
It's so hard to press a key combination for you that you feel the need to waste hundreds of dollars?
>>
what if you're a tranny and you REALLY need to watch >>>/vt/ on your second monitor while posting on >>>/g/?
>>
I put Slack on the laptop screen and work on the big screen
>>
>>100172081
I have this problem where my eyes can only focus on one thing at once so I just switch between programs on a single screen
>>
>>100172194
>>100172081
buy my monitors, desk mount, curved monitor, ergonomic chair, keycaps, wrist warmer, portable monitor, back rest, neck wrest goy
>>
I am not a poorfag like you.
>>
>>100172254
I got purple faggot keycaps from Amazon and I like them
>>
>>100172081
Faggot, I have 4 monitors. 2 for werk, 1 tv as the main screen, and another older LG one, that still functions just fine. I don't need to buy a second one, if I were to buy another one now, I'll own 5 fucking screens. 5 seems a bit of an overkill atm.
>>
>>100172081
It’s nice to be able to refer to two things at once without running out of space. Docs on one screen, code on the other. Logs for a running application on one, the application itself on the other
>>
File: 1490205143335.jpg (20 KB, 306x306)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>100172081
just buy a fucking ultrawide
you can even have shit from multiple inputs appear seamlessly on your screen
there is literally no reason to buy a second monitor in 2024
>>
>>100172081
>>100172374
>frog post
>dumbest shit you've seen today
Every time
>>
>>100172122
Yeah I'm a student so I too had a similar setup before I got a desktop, but when I got a desktop pc I didn't get a second monitor because it's stupid
>>100172258
You may be an adult and not a poorfag but you sure as hell didn't learn how to manage money and still behave like a little girl
>>100172317
>2 for werk
so you are not doing anything meaningful and just larping, got it
>>100172349
what do you mean running out space
the code/logs/app are literally one key press away from you
there's no need to look anywhere, you have it right in front of you
in some specific use cases it may be well worth it, but if you need one to see discord/spotify it's objectively dumb
>>100172381
>I-it's dumb
at least elaborate what's wrong with that, if you can't just shut up
>>
>>100172081
My 2nd monitor is used exclusively for playing funny animal videos on youtube
>>
>>100172391
>so you are not doing anything meaningful and just larping, got it
there are plenty of jobs that require you to have 2 or more screens, and no, it isn't fucking coding. But even the actual software dev does, because of the UML of the database or the software. Anyway, lots of tech jobs are planning and engineering the infrastrucutre, that require real world maps on top of design and calculation tools. But you've never ever been close to IT, so what the fuck do you know? You're just an ignorant blowjober. go back to filming your holes for the internet and leave tech alone.
>>
>>100172081
it's called productivity
you'd understand if you had a job

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.