[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: PepeW.png (20 KB, 128x128)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>open website
>looks so simple it could be done in 10kb of pure html and css
>view source code
>8mb of obscure, unformated javascript behind it
why are they like this? isn't it legitimately easier and faster to just use html and css? what are the benefits of bloatmaxxing?
>>
>>100173100
If a single tool you've ever learned is a microscope, might as well hammer nails with it.
>>
>>100173100
I completely agree with you, it's incredibly exhausting
>>
>>100173100
>view source code
>unformated javascript behind it
don't tell me you're referring to the source in your browser? you do realize that most websites are server rendered, right? you seriously cannot be THAT retarded
>>
>>100173100
Please make your blogs using nothing heavier than liquid jekyll
>>
>>100173290
idk dued you should see the amount of json manifests they shovel at you to render jpegs in the browser these days
>>
>>100173290
>you do realize that most websites are server rendered, right?
and they can't render html? look up what php stands for
>>
File: 1688338858318146.png (2 KB, 453x32)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>100173407
I don't get it
>>
>>100173100
Nobody cares, retard!
ofc, most websites now even the simple ones uses frameworks and are overengineered by a lot, and nobody cares to optimize the space, due the storage availability and its cheap cost! I would do the same, because it saves time and you get better developer experience!
And, as I said, nobody cares, keep seething over your autistic perfectionist optimizist mentall illness!
>>
>>100173456
500 lines of code vs 80k lines of code I wonder what is the better developer experience you absolute retard
>>
>>100173456
You tell him sir
>>
>>100173456
>we can waste resources, we have a lot of them
Climate change: "Not so fast!"
You do know that the more resource intensive a task is on a computer, the more power it uses right? Gigawatts of power are wasted each year due to inefficient computing. Eventually making computing tasks, including browsing the internet, will have to be made less wasteful whether you like it or not.
>>
>>100173496
> 500 lines of code vs 80k lines of code I wonder what is the better developer experience you absolute retard
Tell me you are no coder, without telling me I've never built a functional web app ever in my life.
you absolutely think, people write every single character rendered in the client side by themselves in every web app.
>>
>>100173503
tell me one reason, why would I sacrifice my amazing great developer experience over some emission of CO2 that'll impact some humans decades after??
I simply don't care, and it does matter what source of energy people are using not what's being used with it
Educate yourself, Anon
>>
File: 1586833356145.jpg (140 KB, 484x639)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>100173515
>people write every single character rendered in the client side by themselves in every web app.
Maybe they should. Web > 1.0 was a mistake.
>>
>>100173543
Kicking the can down the road is the exact reason why things are getting worse
>>
File: 1659113885584631.png (290 KB, 454x373)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>100173503
Could be memed
>>100173515
He said a plain HTML like page, not an "app". There was a guy who made a website with recipes with that mindset.
>>
>>100173515
Bloatmaxxed software will always be harder to maintain, especially when the person who initially made it stops working on it and then the next person needs to pick it up. it seems you never worked in a real company with real software
>>
>>100173580
notice to them how it's "some humans" and not "my descendents" or "my community's descendents". This person is cut off from society.
>>
>>100173430
>he doesn't get it
>>
>>100173626
As I said, not my problem of what other engineers will suffer for maintaining the code, all I care about really is my own mental health and my developing experience.
Maintaining web apps that are built using modern frameworks is much more easier and cheaper than maintaining some plain Vanilla JS web app.
Anons are that dumb to reinvent the wheel to feel a little bit special over normalfags.
>>
Haha look at all the indians in this thread getting mad because you pointed out their bloated slop. No way any actual human thinks that bloat is better.
>>
>>100173672
>all I care about is myself
obviously, bloaty
>>
>>100173640
Climate change is fake, and it isn't caused by emission of CO2. The Sun is getting bigger and larger, that's is getting hotter here in earth, it's over and we can't solve this problem without the intervention of some supernatural beings, so it's over! just live your life without thinkmaxxing about sustainability.
>>
>>100173672
Sounds like a egotist.
>muh mental health
and a faggot.
>>
>>100173738
> Maintaining web apps that are built using modern frameworks is much more easier and cheaper than maintaining some plain Vanilla JS web app.
> Anons are that dumb to reinvent the wheel to feel a little bit special over normalfags.
you didn't refute this, anon
> why?
you don't have an answer, you just want to reinvent the wheel and not innovate
Codemonkey
>>
>>100173100
The people you're talking about haven't heard of "html".
>>
>>100173721
found the /pol/tard!
>>
>>100173760
making simple websites isn't reinventing the wheel you fucking retard. millions of people have done it before and you can literally just copy paste some templates together to get a simple, dynamic website. using tons of frameworks and other bloat doesn't magically make development easier unless you have a very niche case and there is a framework for exactly that niche
>>
It's getting more and more ridiculous. I mean I feel bad for using Wordpress for onepagers, and then I look out there only to find onepagers built with fully fleshed out webapp frameworks ...
>>
>>100173760
You don't need JS nor to reinvente the wheel for what OP is talking about, that's why. The simplest thing laid down a long time ago is enough.
>>
>>100173822
if all I needed was one page I'd just use C preprocessor as a templating engine.
>>
>>100173672
thats the thing, you dont need to maintain a vanilla js web app. it just works once it starts working and never stops working because its not made by FAGGOTS with brain damage from engineer's dilemma stress compounding with job insecurity

webshitters have done nothing but reinvent the wheel at the expense of everyone else and their hardware for 20 years now
>>
>>100173971
>he doesn't know
>>
File: 1711913665653532.png (198 KB, 1100x1007)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
My whole website is 6.7Mb, is this good?
>>
>>100173543
>tell me one reason, why would I sacrifice my amazing great developer experience over some emission of CO2 that'll impact some humans decades after??

Because once the switch to renewables happens, the power grid will simply be unable to cope with power-hungry hardware all over the place. The future will be low-power and relatively weak ARM or RISC-V computers, usually portable ones, that will not be able to handle Javascript-heavy webpages as well as x86 can without degrading the user experience (i.e. introducing stuttering and lag or intense battery usage.) Thus you will have no choice but to optimize or else you will lose customers.
>>
>>100174309
only if 6.7Mb of it are images.
>>
>>100174339
>RISC-V eats x10 more energy to be x6 faster
>low power
>>
>>100173580
Read The Protocols of the Wise Men of Zion
Nothing will ever improve. It's all world wide enslavement from here on out.
>>
File: swe.png (46 KB, 434x327)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>100173100
>pure html and css
get with the times granpa, frontends need to be built with react and backends with python
>>
>use noscript
>every website relies on resources from 30 other sites to load and function
>everything is tracked by Google and usually several other sites
why? fucking why? web 1.0 just werked
>>
File: ab.png (36 KB, 227x170)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
> noooo, you have to heckin optimise all your javascript, html and css and use webp to save bandwidth, make sure to you a basednode pipeline to minify, obfuscate and fuckuscate all the fileronees so the goycattle can have a a have a nice fast experience even though you're paid slave wages by mr shekelberg

no
>>
>>100173290
This anon set up camp on top of mount Dunning-Kruger
>>
>>100173100
Website made with love in New Delhi

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.