[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tablet.jpg (154 KB, 564x752)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
Is it actually possible to be productive using a 8" tablet with stylus?

Is termux really usable at least for python, ansible or bash on the go? Or is it all just an illusion of productivity, for school-aged teenagers without a proper pc?

I got 13" laptop and it's too heavy for most use cases - commute, bathroom, book before sleep. I can't get used to a phone as it feels too small to connect a keyboard, I also feel suspicious of having email and shady games or apps on the same device.

but on the other hand it's yet another device on my desk, and it needs to be charged and synced with my home servers.
>>
>>100173138
suck my cock nigger
>>
>>100173154
Yes, I'm European and at least our tech-jobs aren't crashing. I plan to buy it instead of getting it as a "gift" from store, or sign contract to post daily photos of a 100$ tablet as influencer next 5 years.

You just wish you were Euro.
>>
>>100173182
>I plan to buy it instead of getting it as a "gift" from store
outing yourself, Slav
>>
I may need more.
>>
>>100173138
>productive
It depends on what you are 'producing'. For basic writing (if you have a wireless keyboard) and drawing they are great. For all other usages, they are garbage.
>>
>>100174368
Reading tech books, and being able to test commands or concepts in linux environment.

Then, basic stuff like foreign language study, and some sort of medium note taking and urban sketching.

Basically anything that could let me feel less worse about daily commute or sitting in a waiting room for an appointment.
>>
>>100173154
FPBP

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.