[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Was it deep or sneed?
>>
edgy larp nigger balls
>>
There has gotta be at least a few movies about shit like this. Any recs?
>>
>>100178535
Wikipedia lists a few. IIRC, there's also a movie in the early stages of production about it.
>The United States Navy released a cryptographic challenge based on the Cicada 3301 recruitment puzzles in 2014 calling it Project Architeuthis.
>The plot of "Nautilus", a 2014 episode of Person of Interest, featured a large-scale game very similar to the Cicada 3301 puzzles. Both feature a series of worldwide cryptographic puzzles, but as the title implies, these feature the image of a nautilus shell instead of a cicada logo. Person of Interest creator Jonathan Nolan and producer Greg Plageman stated in an interview that Cicada 3301 was the inspiration for the episode: "Episode 2, I'm particularly fascinated by the subject underneath it. Look up Cicada 3301 on the internet. It's a very interesting concept out there that we then put into a larger story that connects to our show."
>The organization is the subject of the 2021 comedy-thriller film Dark Web: Cicada 3301. Directed by Alan Ritchson, who co-wrote the script with Joshua Montcalm, it stars Jack Kesy, Conor Leslie, Ron Funches, Kris Holden-Ried, Andreas Apergis, and Ritchson. The film follows a hacker who participates in Cicada's recruitment game while evading the NSA.
>In the video game Assassin's Creed Origins, a member of the Isu civilisation references Cicada when listing off various mysteries of history.
>The Cicada 3301 puzzles play a major role in the Visual Novel Anonymous;Code.
>>
>>100178535
Elementary S03E03
>>
>>100178518
It was a marketing agency. Quite the let down.
>>
Larp
>>
We didn’t get a civil war out of it :/
>>
>>100178636
>marketing agency
>to advertise nothing
This board's IQ...
>>
implying if it was some deep secret shit it would be known.
>what are cover stories
holy shit some of you are dumb as a rock
>>
>>100178751
Wait, it amounted to nothing? What was the end result?
>>
>>100178799
Year 1 ended with just a dozen people circlejerking on a darknet forum and starting projects they all gave up.
Year 2 ended with people filling forms to join the same forum but never getting any reply.
Year 3 has never been solved.
>>
>>100178751
>Our experts in creating viral sensations are the world's best. Our Cicada 3301 project generated hundreds of millions of dollars in free publicity. Think how much buzz we can generate for you!
And you'll still not get this because you want there to be a candy bar at the end of the path being advertised rather than understanding that it was a demonstration of skill to a narrow audience. You're not who they wanted to impress, you're only useful in that you will talk about Cicada 3301, furthering the strength of their viral production.
You inability to even reach second order thinking is why you'll always be a nobody confused by a world you can never see beyond the surface.
>>
>>100178518
it was kinda but ultimately failed
>>
>>100181205
from what i understood it was some sort of recruitment campaign for people wanting to make software to "help the world", i dont know the details but it didn't lead to anything actually big
>>
>>100181227
this was confirmed (valid pgp found)

>>100178799
liber primus is still unsolved - its probably an autokey of some sort; page 40 likely begins with "FOR EVERY" so we may be able to crib it
>>
File: 1710239000176926.jpg (41 KB, 568x590)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>100178884
nta
how do I train this skill? I'm in a horrible position where I know about this kind of dynamic but still cant use it to predict much.
>>
>>100178518
All I remember is some documentary on it featured some tranny who cracked that code
>>
>>100178518
Extreme larp to get talented people to write software to make the world better. Ultimately produced fuck all in terms of output
>>
>>100178518
I saw one near a 99 cent store I used to frequent, not sure if its still there but if this thread is still up tomorrow i'll post pics
>>
>>100182114
big if true
>>
>>100182014
nox populi isnt involved anymore, and he only solved the 2nd puzzle
>>
creepypasta/weird cryptic webpages are kino as hell
they're all just some college student's projects done out of boredom but thats what makes it so good
theres no dumb goals or hidden motives, usually not a money making scheme, its just done for pure fun, and its fun to see how much shit you can find while drunk in the middle of the night
>>
>>100181372
why would anyone bother trying to decode some edgy manifesto.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.