[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: usbc.jpg (451 KB, 2000x1397)
451 KB
451 KB JPG
>loses its grip
nothing personnel, kiddo
>>
bring back the little screws from vga cables
>>
>>100181432
now thats what im talking about. peace of mind, finally
>>
we wouldnt be having this argument if usb-if listened to apple and copied its lightning design
>>
>>100181423
usb c never had grip anon
you likely have a filthy port
>>
>>100181467
Lightning can't do anything past USB 2.0 except for on that 1 iPad with a proprietary dongle
>>
>>100181423
>things that don't happen
lightning lost, get over it
>>
>>100181432
D sub connectors on handheld computers would be awesome.
>>
>>100181423
Switched to USB C from mUSB 6 months ago and it's already loose, despite the devices being new. Powerbank and phone.

What a scam. Even enforced by law w/ the EU. Total clown dictated hell.
>>
>>100181423
Trying to keep it plugged in while using it, falls out.
Make a cable with option to securely plug it in pls..
>>
>>100181423
I've never once had USB C do this. Micro USB yes, though that's almost always pocket fuzz compacted at the bottom of the plug over time, and it works normally again once I pick the fluff out with a pin.

The one exception is when my Micro USB cable's end got bent and it broke the latch mechanism. USB C seems a bit sturdier though.
>>
yeah i've never had that problem with usb c, it always stays in perfectly
micro shit fell out constantly though
>>
>>100185272
In my experience it has nothing to do with cables and more with the ports, mostly on phones because pint from pockets accumulates in there and some ports are just low quality.
My phone for example has a really loose port, even without lint in there, have to baby it to stay connected, but my game controller holds on like a motherfucker, both USB-C.
>>
>>100185387
>pint from pockets accumulates in there
Yeah, like I was saying this was the main cause of my old phone's Micro USB port getting loose. You just gotta pick the fluff out and it's as good as new. You need something super thin to get the stuff under the tongue though. Not even a sewing pin can fit under it. What I was using was a metal strip removed from one of those anti-theft tags sometimes found inside product boxes, cut into more of a point with scissors.

USB C is way easier to clean out, a regular pin can circle all around it and pull lint out.
>>
I'm not surprised by all the threads and comments about USB-C "being loose" when the primary cause for this is lint and other filth. People are nasty and dumb.
>>
>>100181423
Incel thread
>>
I've been using USB-C across multiple devices since 2015 and not once has a connector become loose on me
>>
>>100181423
This dumb port indeed sucks ass. Fuckers, I need big and reliable port instead of this shitty garbage.
>>
>>100181423
Unironicallyl, clean you connector.
>>
>>100181423
clean your fucking ports and stop living in filth
>>
File: file.png (490 KB, 1134x550)
490 KB
490 KB PNG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.