[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>the headphone jack relegated to a "budget smartphones" feature

In what bizzaro world are we living. How are consumers ok with this?
>>
>>100182196
This is why I own a Sony phone
>>
>no more headphone jack
>no more expandible storage
>no more sim slot
What the fuck is going on in smartphone land? Are they actually turning the "you vill own nothing" meme into a reality? Holy shit,
>>
>>100182464

>>100165860
>>
>>100182464
It has already happened with Apple and is now moving to android devices. For some reason, OEM manufacturers copy all of Apple's mistakes and none of their features.
>>
>>100182196
DAPs have been a resurgence thanks to this :3
>>
>>100182497
We could've had linux-level customizability in the palm of our hands instead we get apple knock-offs, but slightly worse in every way. Shit's so fucking gay it stinks like an orgy.
>>
>just vote with your wallet bro
>>
>>100182196
It just means you should be using the budget option as a preferred option. Fancy and expensive smartphones are designed for wealthy stupid people that don’t know how to operate other technology. Obviously if you pay the price designed for them you’re going to get fleeced.
>>
>>100182196
>>100182670
Some weeb-centric company was retarded enough to release a phone with two headphone jacks.
>>
>How are consumers ok with this?
I hate Karl Marx, but one thing he got right is that consumers are absolute idiots.
>>
>>100182196
Corpos are adopting the Lui Veton model for hardware and the retards that use non-free software think it's a technical thing the way lots of people here think LV is a fashion thing.
>>
>>100182729
This wasn't a problem when White men made up the whole market and these were called "PDAs." Things only got retarded when women and niggers started making decisions.
>>
>>100182707
But web developers make web apps only run at acceptable latencies on top-of-the-line SoCs. React was a mistake.
>>
>>100182715
>retarded enough to release a phone with two headphone jacks
They are basicly the most well known IEM manufacturer.
It won't sell millions, but people blindly buy moondrop products so it will certainly sell enough.
It's also funny how there is finally a phone with not just one, but two headphones jacks, 2tb sd support, 100% stock android and yet people will still call them retards.
>>
File: 6364522_sd.jpg (121 KB, 2107x1893)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>100182196
what wrong with using these tho
>>
File: real rage.gif (1.68 MB, 200x150)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB GIF
>>100182196
chinkshit bluetooth headsets and earphones got too popularized, crApple took the next logical step, and then after some monkey see monkey do, phones are omitting essential features, plus the whole "thinner, I said THINNERRRR!!11!!!!!!! ecks dee dee" bullshit

mcIntrash can't die fast enough, dammit

>>100182670
doesn't mean shit if 70-90% of consumers are brain-dead sheep, the rest of us get screwed because there's too many "bad apples" (no pun intended) in the barrel
>>
>>100182832
>Background whine
>Can't charge your phone
>Wears out your charge port
>Breaks easily
>>
>>100182832
having a 3.5mm output is much more convenient, plus the sound circuitry for it is already in the phone because you can't have calls or built-in speakers without it
>>
>>100182537
Almost want to learn pcb design and make my own phone brand.
>>
>>100182923
>Background whine
if you use a bad one
>>
>baby duck thread
>>
>>100182464
It's already happened.
>root
>jailbreak
>knox/root fuse
>ze cloud (instead of sd cards) trend started more than 10y ago
>>
>>100182960
>baby duck
new tranny meme just dropped
>>
>>100182196
I still use a J7 from 2017. It has a headphone jack.
Why should I get a new phone?
>>
>>100182196
Probably because having a headphone jack severely limits the water resistance, and any >$500 phone has to be water resistant because that shit is expensive.
>>
>>100183156
>I must take my phone with me when I go swimming
Why should I care about water resistance?
>>
>>100182196
>vast majority of normal people have wireless earbuds, like 95%+
>actual audiophiles never found (most) phone DACs acceptable anyway
>there's a tiny number of autismos who are fixated on wired headphones despite not caring about sound quality
>but only a tiny fraction of them listen to music out of the house
>and only a tiny fraction of those still buy high-end phones
You might not like it, but this is the explanation.
>>
File: 1684235836578120.png (126 KB, 344x342)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>100182735
>Lui Veton
>>
what's a /g/ approved newish budget smartphone? is it one of the samsung A series?
>>
>>100183156
I haven't lost a single phone to water damage in 20
>>
>>100183493
Add European luxury brands and Americans and wa-la! funky pronunciations and spellings
>>
>>100183156
Retard. This one also has detachable back cover. Ip68 also isn't totally safe. And how is a 3.5mm hole different from usb type c port?
https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_xcover6_pro-11600.php
>>
>>100182806
The retard part in there wasn't meant as an insult since the "normal" way for sheeples is these days is to get rid of jacks and sd card support.

t. MIAD 01 thread op
>>
>>100182196
i swear you can use usb-c for headphones.
>>
>>100182464
>no more sim slot
Wait, what? No more sim slot? Lol, lmao even. I mean, it's expected given there was little else to remove by now, but I never thought of the sim.

PD: Be gentle on me, I haven't bought a phone in like 8 years.
>>
>muh analog transmission

Bet you buy 10k cables too
>>
>>100183982
Damn. A sub 6" xcover phone would be te GOAT.
>>
>>100182196
They only care about belonging. And swiping and liking and following, and the dreaded worst threat of them all: unfollowing.
>>
>>100182941
I can tell you're autistic from this reply alone
>>
>>100184866
Yes, actually diagnosed, good job lmao
Though it wouldn't be a lot more to learn from my current skillset hahaha.
>>
>>100182464
>no more sim slot
what
how are you supposed to
you know
do telephone stuff without a sim card
>>
>>100183487
and why does the vast majority of people have wireless earbuds? huh? why?
That's a closed loop. They sell phones without audio jacks so people buy wireless headphones so they sell phones without audio jacks so...
>>
>>100184955
eSim. Digital sim card. It's retarded.
>>
>>100182483
Buy an ad, double bitch.
>>
>>100184990
>and why does the vast majority of people have wireless earbuds? huh? why?

Because its cheap and convenient (no wires, seamless connection). Especially with Samsung basically giving theirs out for free in various bundle deals. In addition, the Buds 2 Pro and Airpod Pro 2 sounds significantly better than most stuffs you can buy at a brick and mortar price that normalfags would have access to.
>>
>>100184931
>Though it wouldn't be a lot more to learn from my current skillset
Then go for it
>>
>>100182943
So more researching required for dongles? How much do the proper ones end up costing? Will they still break just as easily in your pocket?
>>
>>100184391
Yeah now they're peddling "e-sim" it's fucking retarded. It's a solution to a problem that never existed and now you have to jump through hoops with retarded tech support agents just to switch phones.
>>
>>100185336
>Yeah now they're peddling "e-sim" it's fucking retarded. It's a solution to a problem that never existed and now you have to jump through hoops with retarded tech support agents just to switch phones.

That's just a carrier problem. SIM cards are fucking retarded, its a piece of chip containing a tiny amount of data necessary to register the phone on the network, it was already redundant 20 years ago (CDMA doesn't use it), only reason it was kept til today was for backward compatibility. On my carrier swapping to eSIM is just a matter of logging into the carrier's app and downloading the eSIM profile onto the phone, takes 30s. Its even better for traveling, as you can download a eSIM profile for the country you're traveling to and top up before you leave, and it takes a few second to swap over once you land.
>>
>>100182735
whats the lui veton model?
>>
>>100185336
>>100184391
e-sims are the newest shit theyre pushing. i have a samsung s23 with one camera flash thing and when i put my payg sim in slot i was given an option for an e-sim. not sire how it would work, prob just phone number and mac address in a server somewhere.
>>
Nobody other than normies wants to use a dumb fucking app for everything
Now you have to use a fucking app just to switch eSIM? Almost guaranteed it's made to be worse help than actual phone customer service lmao
>>
In a few years it will be a flagship phone feature.
>>
I''m perfectly happy with my $40 phone. Why pay more for less features? How can any phone actually be worth $1000?
>>
>>100185303
Genuine Apple dongle is the best and one of the cheapest. Completely silent output.
>>
>>100185375
>SIM cards are fucking retarded,
When I smash my phone like grug, I can pull out the sim card and put it in a new phone, no problem. If I smash an e-sim phone, I have to fucking call up my phone company and ask them to release the sim and give it to me on another phone. How is this convenient?

Honestly, e-sims, headphone ports, they all pale in comparison to the absolute shit fuckery that is battery kikery. We've gone from easily replaceable, practically hot swap level batteries, to glued in dogshit that kills the phone when it dies. My fucking vacuum has a board in it that will kill the battery pack forever if you try and swap the cells.
>>
Its easier to sell shit to uninformed imbesils
>>
>>100185520
Again, that's a carrier problem, not an eSIM problem. Its your carrier that decided that you have to call up customer service and sit in the queue for 40m to wait for Ranjeet to fix the issue for you, its not a problem inherent to eSIM. On my carrier down here in kangarooland I just download the app on a new phone and download the eSIM onto the new phone and it'll deactivate the old one.

>Honestly, e-sims, headphone ports, they all pale in comparison to the absolute shit fuckery that is battery kikery.

Pretty much. Headphone and external storage actually had valid reason on why they're gone from flagship devices, battery from the very start was planned obsolescence kikery
>>
>>100185520
>they all pale in comparison to the absolute shit fuckery that is battery kikery.
Wow.

Supporting EU battery reg communism plus antisemitism in one shitty chudpost.

Pro-tip: if the free market wanted replaceable batteries, there would be replaceable batteries.

Turns out, poorfags who can't afford to replace a phone when the battery dies don't have a lot of disposable income to drive the market.

Whodathunkit?
>>
>>100185459
SIM card is a smart card containing a few kbs of texts (SIM card number + authentication key to register the device on the network). eSIM is just being able to load the information digitally rather than having to stick to a 30 years old smart card format.
>>
>>100185519
and lasts about a month if used in your pocket. I baby mine (for desktop use) and it's been fine, but the thin spaghetti cable really doesn't inspire much confidence.
>>
>>100182464
>>no more headphone jack
>>no more expandible storage
>>no more sim slot
Why do you lie?
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a25-12555.php
>>
>eSIM
>1 more shitty app needed
People who support this shit are the same that support Windows 10 and onwards.
Is this a muh plastic and muh resources thing? A SIM card won't makes the differ.
Why are zoomies and boomers like that? Is it so hard to change a SIM card?
>>
>>100185705
as much as I love 3.5mm jacks, that's a horrible phone. Clearly you have not used a budget samsung in the past 3 years, they're unequivocally terrible.
>>
>>100182196
You buy expensive phone, you advertise yourself as a whale and they want to milk you.
>>
>>100185250
>>100185250
>Samsung basically giving theirs out for free in various bundle deals
>First one is free
>>
>>100185786
It does everything I need, maybe stop being a consoomer?
>>
>>100185814
Oh believe me, I'm not. I'd just much rather buy a used flagship from a few years ago that doesn't come preloaded with Fortnite and Spotify or whatever. You can still uninstall with ADB but it's like someone spitting in your face if you pay full price for that garbage.

Sent from my S10e.
>>
Easy, boys. The headphones now use type-c port. You can still buy wired headphones.
>>
>>100182196
The 3.5 mm jack doesn't take part in the planned obsolescence cycle, it is basically solved.
>>100182464
They're using soft and hard market segmentation to ensure that everyone pays the maximum of what they are willing to expend, even when supply is oversaturated.
>>100182531
I picked up a DAP just so I could avoid relying on my phone or needing to take it with me.
>>100183487
That's just a marketing thing. It's like how widescreen got pushed harder and harder over 4:3.
>>
>>100186114
>now use type-c port.
thank you sir Ganesh
>>
>>100182832
They sound like shit.
>>
>>100183487
>i'd rather have an earbud that has a time limit before it dies, needs to be recharged, sucks battery out of my phone because it doesn't work without bluetooth, has shitty connection so audio sometimes fails, all because i want to follow the cattle and can't think for myself
>>
>>100183156
my 250€ galaxy a3 2017 is IP68 certified while having headphone jack. are you sure you aren't spewing bullshit on the internet again, billy?
>>
>>100186263
I can't wait for my 1:1 monitor
>>
>>100186928
We get it grandpa, change is scary. Now stop molesting the nurses and take your pills.
I'd fucking never buy a phone without the jack because I want it as a back-up option or for plugging into speakers or whatever. But wireless headphones are better. The wires are always the weakpoint and why headphones wear down, get a shitty connection and eventually break.
Getting a cheap pair of wireless heaphones has been the best purchase I've made in the last few years.
>>
>>100187188
>I'd fucking never buy a phone without the jack
We get it grandpa, change is scary.
>>
>>100182464
>microsd
>dualsim
>3.5mm jack
>90Hz amoled screen
>5000mAh battery
>no adware like Redmi/Xiaomi
>$175

you're just not looking hard enough
>>
>>100185650
The big issue with it is it becomes a huge pain in the ass if for example the phone gets destroyed, because it's a bitch and a half to de-authorize a dead phone. A phone dying is the most common reason for switching phone.
>>
>>100185044
>eSim
Sounds like something you stick up your ass
>>
File: 1685577851903455.jpg (488 KB, 759x1956)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
>>100188326
The adware was dealth with using Blokada and I'd say it's pretty close. It's amazing you can have an extremely solid, enthusiast machine for $200 these days.
>>
>>100182196
Wires are obsolete
>>
>>100182196
To some extent, it's not a dumb idea.
I'm not a retard or a faggot consoooomer. Hear me out.

These "high end" devices are designed for idiots, therefore it is okay to milk and humiliate them with a lack of basic features.

For anyone actually rich and wealthy, they don't use phones and probably have a portable media player that doesn't serve them ads.

People who are just wealthy enough to go in debt for some dumb faggot phone but not rich enough to actually afford it shouldn't be buying these cuck phones, but they do, as part of a humiliation fetish. When they realize they can't plug headphones in, they can't admit they bought something stupid, so they are "converted" into no-jack shills, because they can't comprehend life with one.
Oh no! That means they'd need a "budget" phone!
Meanwhile, their $1500 phone IS a budget device for BUDGET PEOPLE.
$50-$350 phones are for real humans.
Anything else is a buyer's remorse device with stripped features.

Remember flagships used to have things like infrared beamers so you could use them as universal TV remotes, removable batteries, SD cards, multiple SIM card slots, and more. Those features are all going away as prices rise.
It's all a ritual.

So, with all of that considered.
I'm okay with it. I'll never buy a phone without the ability to plug headphones in or use an SD card (or some future standard replaceable media, like CFexpress for cameras with GB/s writes), I'm reasonable. Not agreeable. I'll be a luddite before I own a phone that can't plug headphones in OR connect via aux/3.5,mm to a car to play music without pairing to Bluetooth (which, btw, all "smart" cars download your contacts/etc and never let you delete it, it's predatory, not something that's "better").

"Better" in this regard would be aftermarket bluetooth receivers you can plug into a car to feed an audio signal to them, that you pair the phone to, without letting the spying car get your phone credentials in the first place.
>>
File: 61zLxzYarKL[1].jpg (65 KB, 1200x1200)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>100189693
The last based flagship
>>
>>100182464
Yes
And Samniggers and iTards eat that shit up because they have to shill for their favorite brand regardless
>>
>>100189770
You have wrong pic of V50.
>>
>>100190272
V20 was the last to let you replace the battery without having to cut through glue
>>
File: 1714144827916.jpg (489 KB, 1638x2048)
489 KB
489 KB JPG
>>100182196
My POCO F5 (upper midrange) doesn't have this problem
>>
>>100182196
Meanwhile they all felt for the camera notch/hole meme
>>
I love my headphone jack
I love my IR blaster
I love my second sim slot (or micro SD slot)
>>
>>100182464
You're 5 years too late to realize that my man. Who knows maybe in the near future, you will no longer own your smartphone because it will turn into rental/subscription plan and normalfags will eat like dumbfuck they are.
>>
>>100183156
LG V series had audio jacks and they have water resistance as well. Stop being retarded and fell for what Apple marketing team tells you.
>>
>>100182464
>Headphone jack
Don't need it, I haven't owned wired headphones in at least 10 years
>Expandable storage
What for? The phone already has 500gb
>SIM slot
Replaced by a digital equivalent that does the exact same thing, what purpose does it have?

The design is being refined and past mistakes are being rectified, simple as.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.