[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bato.png (1.69 MB, 1920x1080)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB PNG
Any modern laptops that let you repair keyboard and battery? Laptops break for me every few years and it's usually dying battery or broken keyboard.
>>
yeah look up the framework laptops, the url is some bullshit like frame.work
they're more expensive tho
>>
Most laptops are capable of battery repair, it is just that you have to unscrew the back cover to access the battery instead of just pushing in a latch/button to get the battery.
But keyboard replacement is becoming increasingly more difficult since most OEM manufactures are fusing the keyboards to the top case.
The only modern laptop that comes to mind that is capable of doing both of these things is the Framework laptops.
>>
>>100183049
As >>100183150 said, batteries are usually easy to replace if there arent jewey like apple. However keyboards are starting to be connected to the top side frame. Look up if the laptop has a disassembly manual or videos online, to see if the keyboard is separate.
>>
>>100183049
>Laptops break for me every few years
have you tried taking better care of your possessions
>>
File: Bf75fLr.png (322 KB, 570x553)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>100183049
Laptop batterie degrade after a few years. You can run programs that show you how they are not capable of of getting maximum charge anymore. So whenever your battery starts getting wonky it's best to just replace it anyway

Your keyboard might just have dirty contacts and needs to be sprayed out.

Other than that maybe come up with a plan to get a new machine every x number of years
>>
>>100183125
>This is what we get for letting all the niggers and Mexicans into the country.
What does this have to do with Jewpple pushing for thinner and thinner machines for all the masses of emasculated femboys on drugs and women that struggle to lift 2 lbs.?
>>
>>100183125
Here in the Philippines I can go to the actual shopping mall and there's a kiosk where I can pay some guy basically nothing to replace my battery and keyboard. I already have done this. The keyboard I'm typing on right now is a cheap replacement I imported from China myself and brought to them to install for me. When I still lived in the US any laptop repairs I needed cost me $100 minimum. After doing this 3 times on my old laptop that kept dying I figured if I kept sinking this kind of money into the piece of shit it will soon approach the cost I paid to buy it in the first place. This is the real reason the repair culture breaks down. When it starts to make actual sense just to buy a new one what's the point? I'm glad the third world isn't like this.
>>
File: 61PnRCgzIuL[1].jpg (118 KB, 1600x1600)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
My thinkpad E14 Gen2 has an easily swappable battery
>>
>>100183049
Lenovo ThinkPad. T480 was the last one with removable baterie AFAIK.

>>100183125
>Mexicans
You fucker. The common Mexican has the same laptop, the same car and the same fridge since 1995.
>>
>>100185004
>Lenovo ThinkPad. T480 was the last one with removable baterie AFAIK.
you know it wrong, i have a p50 -which i highly recommend to >>100183049
- and the battery can be popped out exactly like on the old ones

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.