[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20240426_093153.jpg (576 KB, 1200x1200)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
This one doesn't read DVD What do I have to do?
>>
>>100183722
i would just replace it personally, but someone may have some better insight
>>
Hi I'm a very insightful master scientist

>>100183760 is correct, replace it.
>>
>>100183775
he could desolder it and all that, but it is just a whole lot of work for what he can accomplish on the cheap..
>>
File: IMG_20240426_093153~2.jpg (441 KB, 1200x1200)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>100183722
This shit looks busted, which could be making the lens carriage not move along the screw to seek, or might make it sit at a wrong angle. Examine it more closely. It could be an unimportant corner of plastic that has nothing to do with anything. If it's holding it at a bad angle though you might be able to get somewhere with super glue. And if it's making it not seek correctly, just try to rig something to make the head move when the screw turns. I once got a laptop DVD drive to work again by sticking a wad of paper between the head and the screw when the little clip that makes it track along had broken off.

Can you rig things so you can watch it try to read a disc? Does it spin up? Does the laser move around? Does it make weird noises?

Other than that, make sure the lens is clean. Sure it looks it but a light coat of oil or fine dust can disrupt it. Also see if there's any obvious potentiometer for the laser. Always note it's exact position before adjusting, and then turn it clockwise maybe 1/16 to 1/8 at a time.
>>
>>100184504
^
t. better insight
>>
I have old internal disc drives that stopped reading. What do?
>>
>>100185498
Read for them.
They may get lonely at night so make sure to have a bed-time story ready for when you put them to sleep.
>>
>>100185563
They still won't read.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.