[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.11 MB, 880x675)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
What does /g/ actually think AI will be used for?

Pic related made me instantly realize it's a meme, instead of having a phone menu or an app menu they added an AI that probably cost them 10x the development time just so they can make it talk organically, it just gets shoved into anything almost too similarly to how blockchain got used instead of just regular databases.

Unless it gets some huge cost downgrades and consistency upgrades, I think it will end up being used for fun for voice models/chatbots, used for art and creative stuff(maybe) since those are fields where you don't care as much about consistency or hallucinations and can have someone fix or cherrypick it.
>>
>>100187185
whatever it is you know it'll be niggerlicious
>>
I often use it to respond to shitty threads like yours.
>>
>>100187185
Israel alread used AI to calculate which members of Hamas to bomb depending on their known locations.

the AI chose to bomb their homes, women and children included.
>>
>>100187185
behavioral pattern recognition
>>
>>100187216
that seems useless, I would've given same response for free.
>>
>>100187185
>Welcome to Wendy's, this is WendyGPT. How may I help you?
>I'd like a Baconator, nuggets and a Coke.
>I'm sorry, as a large language model, I cannot cook fast food. Can I help you with anything else today?
>>
>>100187185
Right now it's a bubble, it's shoved everywhere because corpos think that customers will see AI and be amazed and want to spend more money
Realistically, it will automate minimum wage jobs. Call centers, receptionists, maybe codemonkeys.
>>
>>100187185
I imagine there are AIs just crunching through gigantic Monte Carlo simulations and that these will be used in an attempt to stabilize market volatility or develop antibiotics or discern false positive correlations, sort of like an oracle
>>
>>100187185
improving video games and music composition.
both are formats with rigid rules that AI can emulate and improve.
>>
>>100187417
it can be improved by a factor impossible to represent in a long double by simply firing shitskins and hiring white old men
>>
>>100187185
I can't think of a single thing that current "AI" could do better than a specialized algorithm. Mostly because it hallucinates and can't be trusted for anything important without human oversight.

One thing I think it could help with is software testing. Basically doing the work of stimulating users and reporting what doesn't work as expected. It could be much more efficient to just write expectations and let AI do the testing than to write all the code for each test case.
>>
>>100187452
it can summarize worthless ragebait articles and give me a short 5 sentence qrd of what I was supposed to read and get mad about. I use it for this all the time.
>>
>>100187185
eventually everything, if they can teach a robot to pick up a box and put it down again i cant see why they couldnt replace 90% of human workers.
>>
>>100187554
I trained myself not to read such things.
I actively avoid news and current events.
I am happier now because of it.
>>
>>100187658
Sneed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaxovK511dE
>>
>>100187185
It's being used for data harvesting and selling you shit you don't need.
There's no real use for normies.
>>
>>100187688
I didn't have to, in fact with help of AI I can quickly check what I am missing out on (nothing).
It's really useful for searching text semantically.
>>
>>100187185
>What does /g/ actually think AI will be used for?
i mean i literally used to help replace a certain process a certain company was previously using people for.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.