[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Remember when UbuntuForums was active, and Linux was exciting. Now it's boring. The most exciting thing for a while was migrating Linux to ARM, but now that's all basically been done.

What's a fun OS that's shit but useable and isn't Linux? (And isn't Windows). Obviously macOS is god tier and what I use for work. But I mean a new hobby OS to replace Linux that has a niche highly active community that isn't on reddit.

I wish I could go back. Haiku, NixOS.. I'm bored in life.
>>
>daily babyduck humiliation ritual
>>
Maybe mobile Linux? There's still a lot of work to be done there making it usable on phones.
>>
File: nr25yckp0gyb1.png (338 KB, 1398x683)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>100187406
>daily updooter seethe post
>>
Define "useable".
>>
>>100187296
Who gives a fuck you stupid faggot? Its an OPERATING SYSTEM. It always makes me laugh when I see all you pathetic nerds bitch and moan about this OS, or that OS.

You dedicate hours of your life fucking around with an OS, when an OS is supposed to be the most boring and utilitarian thing on the computer. Its the actual PROGRAMS on the computer that are supposed to be exciting and "fun".

Its like going to a theme park with a bunch of your friends (a foreign concept to most people here), except when you get there, 2 of them just sit in the car and argue with each other about which map you used to get there was better.

So you faggots continue sitting in your car arguing about if a fold-up map is more superior than a map book. I'll be in the theme park enjoying life!
>>
>>100187520
Normbot response.
>>
>>100187296
Plan 9/9front, Haiku, Minix, SerenityOS, ReactOS

Just check if you like the community and play the hobby game.
>>
>>100187440
>updooter is anyone I don't like
I use Debian, therefore I am white.
>>
>>100187520
Someone has to be excited enough about maps to produce them, you retard
>>
>>100187296
>fun
Not allowed in current year.
>>
>that pvre sovl webdesign
i want to go back
>>
>>100187296
>Now it's boring
And that's a good thing.
>>
>>100187296
>Remember when UbuntuForums was active, and Linux was exciting. Now it's boring
Holy fuck, if some toy OS that you can tinkertranny with (really change the wallpaper and font) is your definition of exciting and fun I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>100187520
Your analogy fails to make your point. To most adults the maps and BTS engineering are more fun than the rides.
>>
>>100187520
>>100187755
The bane of 4chan is people who spend time on boards about things they don't actually like.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.