[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is LibreWolf really a good browser? Is it really safe and secure like everyone is shouting?
>>
do you even know what secure means zoomie retard?
>>
File: z0mqarekmww71.png (61 KB, 803x797)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>100190472
It's firefox without 99% of the bloat and gets the same security patches.
>>
>>100190513
I'm sold
>>
>>100190513
based. So it's like ungoogled chromium but firefox?
>>
>>100190553
It's a bit different, they also added features from Tor Browser such as a "standard" user agent and window letterboxing to resit fingerprinting.
>>
>>100190641
So it's a good choice to use?
>>
>>100190842
It's debloated firefox with integrated features for more anonymity over clearnet, it's the best browser out there right now.
>>
>>100190472
>>100190842
if you're too retarded to make up your own mind someone might as well troll you to think the opposite and all the convincing would be a waste of time
https://librewolf.net/#what-is-librewolf
https://librewolf.net/docs/features/
>>100191015
mullvad browser has better anti-fingerprinting but it's ESR and has a few other compromises. librewolf is a great daily driver
>>
>>100190472
>>100190842
Yes. It's currently the best browser out there, though we still hope for more, because it's not perfect.
>>
>>100191135
>>100190472
good but its not better than regular Firefox with a custom user.js. its a fork, so when a new firefox update comes out, librewolf won't be up to date for a few days. also you shouldn't use it if you're not using a package manager (windowsnigglers) as it doesn't have automatic updates built into the browser. but you're not on windows, right?!
>>
>>100190472
Absolute garbage fork of Firefox. I'm not using a browser that won't let me edit basic settings like using PB mode by default or disabling tracking protection. So much for user freedom.
>>
>>100191662
why of course Adobe apps run on Linux, retard
>>
>>100191687
elaborate more
>>
>>100191662
automatic updates bad
>>
>>100191718
good for browsers
>>
>>100190472
the only thing stopping me from using libreworlf is not having auto updates on windows, why is that so hard to implement? mullvad browser seems to be a good alternative since its basically librewolf but with auto updates
>>
>>100191696
Check it out guys, this guy NEEDS adobe applications
>>
The (default) behavior of clearing cookies between sessions unless whitelisted per-domain and having a simple toggle in the address bar is nice.
>>
I have problems with videos in general using this browser on Windows.
Some websites don't play videos at all. Even with video related settings all configured.
Webms are easily bugged and sometimes they stop working until I reboot the PC.
I gave up and went back to Edge, cause theres really no point in a privacy friendly browser when you use a Microshit OS.
>>
It ships proprietary DRM by default and phones Mozilla's servers for addon updates, consider installing Parabola's Iceweasel or GNU Icecat if you prefer ESR releases.
>>
>>100191015
Firefox Zero user.js does a better job at debloating than even MemeWolf does.
https://pastebin.com/iMh3rxHi
>>
>>100192622 no, they have different use cases. using mullvad as a daily driver is not good because you shouldn't change any browser settings in order to blend in with all the other mullvad users, but things like remembering cookies and logins are turned off by default. use firefox as your main daily driver and mullvad for quick searches or something like that. >>100192706 don't make perfect the enemy of the good desu. also stop using windows.
>>
>>100190472
>>100190553
Librewolf and Ungoogled chromium are pretty much the best modern browsers out there. I use both of them every day.
Librewolf with uMatrix as the main browser and Ungoogled chromium with uBlock for some garbage js heavy sites.
>>
>>100190472
it's just firefox with a few settings tweaked
people use it just to feel different and special
>>
>>100197357
Retard
>>
>>100194314
I have a feeling either of these will completely break any useful website

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.