[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1687056995992779.png (13 KB, 250x244)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
I attend a cryptography course at uni. The subject of the last lecture is up for discussion.

So far we've seen groups, Pedersen commitments and RSA digital signatures. What's left is ElGamar encryption and zero-knowledge proofs. Some choices for the last lecture are:

- Groups from Elliptic Curves (construction method, space and time costs, support for bilinear mappings).
- One-time signatures from hash functions (Lamport, WOTS, resistance to quantum computer attacks).
- Signatures (EC)DSA and Psychic Signatures (including a brief discussion of implementation issues).
- Secret Sharing, multi-member signatures (Shamir Secret Sharing).
- Electronic Voting (commonalities with the above).
- Lattice-based cryptogaphy.

What do you think would more interesting/useful from the above? Do you have any other suggestion?
>>
>>100190795
I think that you should explore something in the realm of perfect forward secrecy. I played around with elliptical curves for a little while and Was mystified how a client and a server with totally different public and private pairs could, without distribution of the private pair and only knowledge of the public pair be able to formulate a common key to use for encryption.
>>
I want to fuck Alice so bad bros
>>
>>100190795
Definitely either EC or maybe lattice crypto
>>
>>100190795
funny words mister tell me when you can break ssl
>>
>lust provoking image
>time wasting question
>>
>>100190795
isnt shamir secret sharing just the combination of n one-time pads? sounds boring, pick something else
>>
>>100192920
kind of, but far more complex.
>>
>>100190795
>What do you think would more interesting/useful from the above?
i think it's all incredibly interesting. any seems good to me.
>>
>>100192920
I forget the exact terminology but it's in the form (n,m) where m is the number of one-time pads distributed and n is the number of one-time pads you need to reconstruct the original data
>>
>>100190795
Not encryption, destruction
Have a photographic memory person read the data then destroy it
There are like 5 of these people globally.
>>
>>100190795
elliptic curves
>>
>>100190795
Post-quantum cryptography
>>
Will take the responses into account. Thanks everyone.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.