[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: crt.webm (2.98 MB, 1920x1080)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>LCD have bad motion bl-
>>
>>100190871
I knew their fucking tests were bullshit
>>
>>100190871
Now your games just needs to do 200 fps.
>>
Cameras and human vision are 2 completely different things. Apple vs oranges essentially.

Lookup critical flicker fusion and how much it varies in humans, it's the reason why some people have no problem with how badly CRTs flicker and why some people get headaches from cheap LED bulbs that turn on and off 120 times per second.
>>
>>100190871
>average poster on /g/ is not fucking retarde-
>>
>>100191069
Why did I get headaches from CRT? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
File: sc.png (439 KB, 523x664)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>
File: AW2521HFA 240fps.webm (2.92 MB, 1920x1080)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>100190871
What monitor are you using? Any strobing involved?
I'm asking because that is a very good result, compared to what I can get, camera quality notwithstanding.
>>
>>100191158
Flicker, and probably the constant high pitch whine.
One of the lightswitches in my bathrooms whines while it's on, and since I kept my hearing I listen to it while I shit. It gives me a headache after too long.
>>
ignore crt trannies
>>
>>100191158
You're one of the unkown number of humans that can process the world faster than others. You're able to see things that other people can't, even at the sub-conscious level. Flickering appears as an anomally to human vision. It might have something to do with your iris contracting and expanding but I'm not 100℅ sure.
>>
>>100191318
It's more likely the nervous system and brain processing, rather than physical things in our eyes. It turns out that images are mostly created, corrected and adjusted in our brains from fairly limited nerve inputs. They discovered this while trying to replicate vision artificially.
>>
File: file.png (307 KB, 482x303)
307 KB
307 KB PNG
there's something really fucked up with my monitor
>>
>>100191158
I had an old TV where the screech of the vibrating lens was pretty awful. Maybe a well-made, well-tuned CRT had a light pitch that skirted just out of human audible range, but an aging Taiwanese-made piece of shit sure as hell didn't.
>>
>>100191318
it's the nervous system
https://youtu.be/Gvg242U2YfQ?feature=shared
>>
>>100191430
That's normal. The lower the GTG pixel refresh times, the less after images. Higher Hz monitors usually have lower advertised GTG pixel refresh rates, at least if they're good monitors. You can see that the webms posted of the 240Hz screens have only 2 or 3 overlapping images, while yours has 5.
It's these overlapping images that create the blur in motion.
>>
>>100191267
looks like the Zowie XL2546S
>>
>>100191693
Ah, so it has the DyAc strobing.
No wonder they still command a premium from the esports crowd even with their TN panels. It really seems to work.
>>
do you really need more than 60fps?
>>
I'd rather have beautiful natural motion blur at low framerates than the choppy shit OLED produces
>>
>>100191746
YMMV, some people get full blown migraines from cheap LED light bulbs turning on and off 120 times per second. They were also the most badly affected group by CRT.
>>
>>100191746
yes, way better for even just your random desktop experience. moving windows around and shit, not only gaming.
>>
>>100191746
I have 3 144hz+ monitors. 2k170hz and two tn 144hz panels. When I use my secondary monitor thats 2k/60hz I want to kill myself, it feels like my entire pc is lagging. So yes you need more than 60fps, I cant even imagine playing anything on 60 fps
>>
>>100191746
not really, outside of gaming there is literally nothing taking advantage of a high refresh rate. High PPI and contrast are far more important for a display
>>
can anyone point me in the direction of a 120hz 16:10 panel? do they even make 16:10 panels anymore?
>>
>>100191783
I don't own any screen higher that 60Hz so I have no first hand experience. It does seem plausible that some people might be negatively affected by higher refresh rates in combination with what's being displayed.

>>100191823
Again I have nothing to compare to.

>>100191877
If all you're monitors were 60Hz maybe you'd never know the difference until you went to a higher refresh rate or a mismatch of refresh rates.

>>100191916
Kind of agree
>>
>>100191877
it feels like your PC is lagging because you got used to the higher refresh rate. If you have no comparison you get used to the lower number in 10 minutes. it also depends on the technology of the 60hz display, some look perfectly fine, some look choppy
>>
>>100192009
>Again I have nothing to compare to.
click and hold a window on your desktop and wiggle it around, not too fast not too slow. that's your baseline 60hz. then try it at higher refresh rates, you'll notice the difference. especially if side by side testing.
>>
>>100192015
>If you have no comparison you get used to the lower number in 10 minutes
A bit of a counter argument.
Once I've experienced the smoothness of arcade screens in the 90s and a specific high refresh CRT at work, all the monitors I've tried since have felt sluggish. This has only been alleviated by my current 240Hz, even though I can tell it's not quite there yet.
So 10 minutes is definitely not enough for everyone to adjust, and comparisons can still be made even when the screens aren't side by side, but separated even by decades.
However, I concede that mine could be a particular case that doesn't apply universally.
>>
>>100192096
I have 60hz displays at work and 170hz ones at home and I get used to each instantly. Even though in games I notice the difference, it doesn't feel like anything is lagging, the 170hz ones feel just more "real". In OS UI outside of games it doesn't matter.
>>
Feminism is the only good thing happening from 200 years of democracy.
Feminism is good because it destroy the grotesque male narrative that men are the stronger sex. The truth is that women sit at the top of the sex market. Women are sex capitalists. It's women who organize the competition . It's men who compete for women and not women who compete for men. So they are right to be very strict about the rules. And since they are the queens, and 99% of men just live to provide for them, they have the luxury of rebuking any male quest they want and imposing on men various duties.
The even bigger picture is that Men never really managed to tame the female sexual cravings. Women cannot be contained in coats of conventions, the female sexual libido is too strong and too violent for this. A women is pure sexual energy. When she discovers this, when she peels off the phony social layers, she merges with her true whorish self and she will never ever be the same.
This is why all societies are flawed inherently. And it doesn't help that all men are eager to please women sexually and non-sexually. democracy is even worse.
>>
>100192204
>>>/x/
>>>/b/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>100191746
the human eye can't see more than 24fps
>>
>>100190871
yeah BFI/strobing whatever you call it is the shit when done right
too bad my g27q-ek sucks ass at it
>>100191158
it was set to 60hz
>>
>>100191730
>TN
IPS is good enough for similar results now
BFI with miniLED would be the shit but does anyone even make that

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.