[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Does scrum and participation in daily stand ups affect your life? In a positive way?

>>>/wsg/5520830

Are you aware of other agile project management methods?
>>
>>100193351
The mere existence of Agile and Agile promoters like uncle Bob affect my life in a negative way, sir.
>>
>>100193351
just wastes my time daily and i dont give a fuck
>>
I go into my stand up. Tell them I'm going to do a bunch of things and release a few things at the end of the day. Everyone nods. I go into the next stand up. Tell them the exact same thing as yesterday. No variation on work or comment on why nothing was released, just mentioned the meetings we both attended. Everybody nods. I've done this for two weeks straight before. I don't think anyone listens, they just hear me say a bunch of things and think "wow, he must be busy."
>>
>>100193540
so you saying you are actively disengaged but so is everybody else? a perfect harmony?
>>
>>100193351
It's better than what came before.
We used to do stand-ups. New (old school) management decided to remove them. At first everyone was happy about that.
Now we sit in endless meetings retelling what we did the past days so mistah director can write his reports for the CEO.
Fuck old school management. It's not my job to spend my engineering time helping you write reports. Under agile, that guy would be a PO, he would actually do his job himself, and he wouldn't siphon a director salary from the company.
>>
>>100193588
we collaborate just fine in the weekly meetings and asynchronously as work gets done. but the active standups, yeah everyone is actively disengaged and it feels more like an informal attendance check to make sure people are starting their day by 9am than anything else
>>
No, it's shit, I hate my daily stand up.

Somehow I do really good in them though and put on some performance, I don't even know how. I just freestyle it.

At the worst I had three different daily standups for different teams every morning plus multi-hour long retrospectives every month

I'm not even a Scrum Master, I'm just a devops fag.
>>
The alternative is worse. I wish I had daily stand-ups again.
>>
>>100194095
let me play the world's smallest violin for you
>>
>>100193351
Some agile ideas are OK, but the whole Cult of Agile is bad. The biggest problem is that it's promoted by shills and people who think all the meetings are the real work.
>>
>>100193540
im absolutely not listening, i use that time to check my investments and shitpost about them

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.