[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Pura 70 Ultra.jpg (154 KB, 1200x799)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
Hawaii edition

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3
https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
https://phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
https://www.gsmarena.com
https://www.phonearena.com
https://www.notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checkers
https://www.frequencycheck.com
https://kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
https://willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
https://phonesized.com/
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
https://www.xda-developers.com/

>Debloat your stock ROM
https://github.com/0x192/universal-android-debloater

>Open source Android applications
https://f-droid.org/

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
https://plexus.techlore.tech/

>Custom ROMs suggestions, privacy guides
https://gearjail.neocities.org/

>Recommended Chinese phones
https://pastebin.com/GMxbc1XB

>Try out Android on your iToy
https://trygalaxy.com

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Anyone aggressively promoting iPhone is an underage micropenis shill who should be ignored
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how many shekels you spent on a good/bad phone

Previous thread: >>100310064
>>
File: 1465262917342.jpg (25 KB, 396x385)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>have a spare iPhone, in Europistan but is an American eSIM model
>decide to sell on facebook
>some arabs respond
>already know it's going to be a problem but really want to get rid of the phone by now
>they don't understand the listing stating it's eSIM
>reiterate it
>they say ok
>arrive a family of 3
>start reneging on the price
>go down by 30€
>start demanding a charging cable too
>and a screen protector
>and a charging brick
>and headphones
>give them a spare cable I had lying around anyway, say forget the rest
>they pay 65% in cash
>have to call their brother to wire the remaining 35%
>takes 15 minutes
>finally goes through
remind me to never sell to arabs again
it's over for now but why do I get the feeling that despite being telling them 3 times that they're gonna come complaining that it's an American model
>>
S24 for 850/950 CAD or S24+ for 1150 CAD?
>>
any flagship phone that is not a curved screen
>>
>>100346381
S24 is large enough desu
>>
Can anyone recommend any Android that can run without batteries, just plugged in to the charger?

I have been using a phone plugged in 24/7 on my desk just to run a few messaging apps and some other legacy Android apps, and the battery seems to have started bloating (sucks since it's a flagship and it's the original battery).

Any old unit you know can do this will do, I could probably find it pre-owned.
>>
>>100346348
I dunno man many of these foreigners use eSIM already, you might be ok. I had a guy come back after buying a laptop and he wanted me to teach him how to use it, some guy from Africa who was confused about how selling a computer worked lmao.
>>
>>100346691
Dude don't you ever leave your house?
>>
>>100346222
galaxy s23 from swappa, used for $430

nuff said
>>
>>100346708
eSIM is slightly problematic in my country due to some secure carrier messages that for some arcane reasons don't work on eSIM being ubiquitous as authenticators for a lot of government and bank/insurance/other random stuff
there is an app as a workaround but it's not as widely supported
it's also one of the main reasons why I got rid of the phone
>>
>>100346548
I'm upgrading from an A71 which is the same size. I'm just worried about having buyers remorse for not getting the plus. I'm planning on playing Morrowind/emulating nintendo games on it
>>
>>100346750
I am considering the same, possibly from amazon renewed, downsizing from S20plus 6.7inch screen. How's the 6.1 inch feel, anon?
>>
>>100346222
What's the actual UFS samsung used on the 128gb A55?
Samsung claims it's 3.1 while GSMArena got UFS 2.X speeds on their benchmark.
I'm just worried since the S23 Fe had ufs 3.1 for base model while the 256gb had UFS 4.
>>
>>100346809
well ymmv of course but imho there is nothing to be remorseful about, the S24 is a better size and more desirable at any price
>>
>>100346718
I do, this one runs some old android software for work, like receiving specific SMS messages and running scripts for that. I don't wanna bring it with me (also it needs to have near 100% uptime so I can't, in case some places don't have signal for data... and I don't even pay for a data plan on it since it's just on my wifi)
>>
>>100346946
6.1inch feel really good and deep

jk, I dont got it. but its the smallest phone closest to my s10e's 5.8 in. the phone size is perfect already and fits in my pocket easily. s23 is a bastion of utilitarian size in a landscape of bloatphones
>>
>>100346222
Cool bump
>>
>>100347058
I don't know of a list of phones that will run off wall power. Seems to be quite rare though, with pass-through being mostly found on gamer phones. Samsung has a setting to cap charging at 80% which might be good enough.
>>
>>100346977
3.1. I doubt they produce 2.x anymore. There is no 4.0 128GB.
>>
>>100347010
I'm just worried about the screen being too small for anything text related. No, i will not turn uo the font size because I'm not a grandpa
>>
>>100346222
what is the android equivalent of an iPhone SE?
>>
>>100348144
A cheap moto or galaxy a series
>>
can I find a mid tier phone with an ips screen? or am I forced to get some oled shit I don't want?
>>
>>100348163
oleds have easily the viewing angle needs you need though, with real blacks?
>>
>>100348144
>midrange/budget phone with flagship tier soc
doesn't really exist, closest would be a flag ship from a generation or two ago

>>100348163
iphone SE but IPSes are inferior technology, just worse in every way aside from price
>>
>>100346348
I just ignore arabs and blacks on Marketplace, too much of a hassle
>>
>>100348193
oled is a shitty doa meme tech I don't want in any of my electronics, pc monitor is a 180hz ips, phone also ips and tv is a qled
I make my electronic last, my current phone (moto one hyper) is from 2019 and still works perfectly fine
I'm looking into phones to get something for family boomers and I see oled everywhere, are you implying a 5yo phone with perpetual ui elements never moving won't be a burn in fest?
I don't want to buy a disposable phone I will throw away after 3 years because the pixels are fucked
also considering a phone is something you look upclose and often in the dark, the atrocious few hundreds Hz pwm flickering of an oled panel worries me in term of eyes strain compared to a thousand + for an ips
any anon who switched from ips to oled phone?
what is your verdict in term of comfort and eye strain? any burn in after 3 years+?
>>
>>100348329
>doa meme tech
Did you come from 2012
>>
>>100348329
Anon lots of oleds last 5 years.
>>
>>100348329
>any anon who switched from ips to oled phone?
yes, 10 years ago
>are you implying a 5yo phone with perpetual ui elements never moving won't be a burn in fest?
oled phones from 2019 look fine, my 2020 model looks as immaculate as the day it was bought
my oled TV (older than the phone by a few months) similarly has no visible problems
it may be a factor if you're planning to keep the phone like 10+ years but nobody really does that, 5 years is a non-issue
>comfort and eye strain?
identical
>any burn in after 3 years+?
see above
>>
>>100348453
alright then I may risk it
other thing, I'm spoiled by my one hyper (picrel) with no visible front cam / notch
what current phone have an intact screen with no cam ruining the display?
I only know about the redmagic phones that have the cam under the oled, any other brands / models?
>>
File: Motorola_One_Hyper_th.jpg (273 KB, 1200x675)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
forgot pic
here is the moto one hyper
underrated phone for 2019 if you ask me, especially for $200€
I can't go back to a fucking notch or front cam in my face
>>
File: redmagic9pro.jpg (104 KB, 1200x1500)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
only current phone that compare to my hyper seems to be the redmagic 9 pro but it's a fucking 600+ phone and seems overkill
not even sure if there is a 3.5mm jack
any idea?
>>
>>100348329
My 2020 phone got its status bar burned in. I don't know when it started since the status bar is always displayed and Iandscapewise, black borders from videos hide it. Yes, I don't watch 21:9 in full or I'll get cross eyed.
I have an LCD tablet and I have no fear watching full screen all day as well as having tradingview displayed permanently huehuehue.
And if you don't hate reddit, they have a PWM_Sensitive and check their reccs.

>>100348411
Lmao. Different folks, different cases. And don't tell me to lower down the brightness. I am not an idiot who would cripple the stuff I paid for.

>>100348163
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12T Pro. Yes, it has to be that exact name. You will see why when you search for it. And it's China only. But if you hate China, then I don't know how to help you.
>>
>>100348740
>not even sure if there is a 3.5mm jack
Yes. GSMarena specs page says it has one. The bigger deal breaker was the lack of sd card slot as it could've housed my emulator roms, pics, videos, mangas, ebooks, flacs etc.
>>
>>100348818
>lack of sd card slot
I hate this so much
>>
>>100348818
>roms, pics, videos, mangas, ebooks, flacs etc.
it's 512GB isn't that enough for a decent portable collection?
just plug the phone usb to your laptop and mount it in your file explorer than drag & drop your 100 best of each (rom, books, songs, movies) no?
My phone have sd card reader next to the sim I never used it
I keep my phone with only the current playlist, last photo roll, few movies I put on it recently etc then I purge it (by saving all pic and vids I took and important files I downloaded etc) and empty it completely (zero photos left, zero files in download etc) for a new cycle now that the content is backed up on my laptop (no cloud shit)
a phone is too small anyway to carry all your data
what do you do? upgrade storage with a 1To sd and fill it with ALL your roms, scans, music etc?
>>
Having trouble deciding if I should get an S23 Ultra or an S24 plus...

I'm not in muttland so the latter only comes with the Exynos chip, and I heard stories about how slow it was during the S20/S21 eras its giving me some doubts about getting it.

Both are only available with 256 gigs of storage too, it's getting hard to find an S23U one with 512.
>>
how big of a sd card do you guys usually use?
1TB, 2TB? is it comfy to carry everything that's on the laptop with you?
I always felt like bloating a phone with data is a boomer thing like backuping on the cloud when the storage is full or boomers carrying their ENTIRE photo library on their devices etc
don't see the point
to me a phone is a sort of pen drive
I backup on the laptop and take the opportunity to clean folders like screenshots and download with duplicated pdf, useless zip and other shit, sort it by putting what's needed on the laptop and erasing folders content when I'm done
after my 3 to 6 month 'purge' only the contacts and apps data are still there
like I would export my newpipes youtube subscription as a file and save it on laptop in case I lose the phone along with exported contacts etc
>>
>>100349109
>>100349231
We have different use cases so you will not understand lol. Even 256gb phones would be viable as I could just add 400gb/512gb/1tb cards and not worry about juggling storage.
I've seen friends and other people criticize me for needing more than 128gb. But they forgot they aren't getting 128gb out of the box. Software/security updates will also consume it. And they either have to juggle their usage to avoid filling them or just cripple their usage of their phones. Imagine buying 4k/200mp capable phones but you barely use those features and instead use a 2000 usd phone like a 300 usd midrangers/budget one.
We should be going forwards, not backwards. backwards.
>>
>>100348818
>>100349109
Who doesn't stream everything nowadays?
I used to be a data hoarder, then I realized I never really rewatch any of my anime/TV series, or reread any manga.
So now I just have Mihon and Stremio and a whole lot of empty space on my phone.
>>
>>100349128
iphone 15 pro
>>
>>100349905
My dick is still in-between my legs, I'll pass.
>>
File: GL-k_FFXUAArSeh.jpg (70 KB, 637x648)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>got a new pack of screen protectors for my s22
>they came with these camera lens protectors
>put it all on, the lens protector made my case unusable because of the camera bump and won't come off
this sucks
>>
File: 1715047912952.jpg (356 KB, 1725x1920)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
>>100349109
>512GB isn't that enough for a decent portable collection?
not for me
>>
is the REDMAGIC 9 Pro bootloader unlockable yet? is it rootable?
>>
this might sound like a dumb question but can I use a smartphone as a glorified external drive? I have a really crappy one lying around I was thinking of filling with important documents since I don’t have a flash drive
>>
>>100350241
You absolutely could.

>>100348676
Motorolla makes really cool phones with near stock android experience. When I worked at a phone store, Moto had this program where every phone you sold got you points you could use towards items, and they were always on sale because no one bought them.

I loved selling them to people because I would play the nostalgia card and show them this cool moto phone that was $10/m cheaper than the crappy samsung they were planning on coming in for.

I got so many points from their program that by the time I quit, I had enough for a low-tier moto phone (that I gave to my dad), a lenovo branded backpack, and a moto branded jacket and shirt.
>>
>>100350233
not on the chinese version
>>
>>100341273
>>100345280
Because 1. It will be out of warranty and 2. They are notorious for either the screen or motherboard taking a shit and parts will be hard to find.
t. former 5a owner that got fucked over.
>>
File: 1712485738386361.png (506 KB, 759x825)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
Is Poco X6 good enough option over the pro version if I don't care much about gaming? Or is there anything better at that price range?
>>
I bought a refurbed iPhone 13 Mini for my iToddler younger brother. It's in As New condition, but the battery health (max battery capacity) is at 86%. How long can you expect this to last before needing a battery replacement?

He currently uses an iPhone SE (forget which gen) which has 80% max battey capacity, and he says it drains too quickly. I would assume a 13 Mini at 80% would at least hold up much better than an SE?
>>
Greetings, my wife's X3 Pro is starting to act weird - losing wifi connectivity, weak GPS reception etc.
Also not updates, etc - the usual.
What is a worthy replacement? Redmi Note 13? Think she would like to stay with something familiar like MIUI, but I would like to move us both to non-xiaomi devices soon-ish. So also happy to consider other vendors.
Thanks
>>
>>100352051
Samsung S22 Ultra or S23FE. Whichever is the cheapest.
>>
>>100350821
Bummer that decent Motos like G54 Power are limited to India and western hemisphere. Even if I could import, the number of their service centers is way lesser than Huawei lol.
>>
My old iPhone is so boring. Should I go back to Android?
>>
>>100352200
thanks, will check em, but looks like they would need to be refurb
>>
>>100353313
Yes
>>
>>100353805
You should be able to find S23FE brand new easily. S22U too, but may be a bit more difficult, also quite expensive.
>>
>>100349684
>Who doesn't stream everything nowadays?
Sorry, I don't cloudfag.
>>
Galaxy S22 exynos EU version, had it for 1,5 years but the battery is absolute dogshit lately. Nothing seems to be draining it. probably gimped after the last updates or something, or maybe its just degraded idk

is there anything to do about it? ive heard that resetting might work sounds kinda pointless
>>
>>100346348
Or just not use FB Marketplace and just use ebay instead. Very easy way to get robbed, especially for someone as frail as you.
>>
>>100348144
Galaxy Xcover 5. Except it has more features.

Also there's the Samsung FE series.
>>
>>100349128
S23 Ultra.
>>
>>100353313
Absolutely.
>>
>>100354129
Well, being a hoardfag is a colossal waste of time
I should know, I used to data hoard and have a few TB harddisks in boxes
Shows I never even watched again.
Now I don't even have to maintain a media server, I hear a new title and type it into Stremio and I'm watching it in less than 30 seconds.
Why would I even bother with anything else?
>>
Finally!
>>
The USB port of my OnePlus 7 Pro is kinda broken since charging it is becoming difficult. Which Chinese phone that's good for gaming should I move onto?
>>
>>100351780
Test it…?
>>
>>100345394
> is there an alternative to the one plus 12 without a curved screen?
Nunia z60 ultra
>>
>>100355509
> The USB port of my OnePlus 7 Pro is kinda broken since charging it is becoming difficult. Which Chinese phone that's good for gaming should I move onto?
OnePlus 12
>>
>>100355570
I am not asking people like you with no idea what you are talking about, and you didn't even comprehend the question properly.

You cannot just test how long it will take for a phone's maximum battery capacity to drop to a level where it's unusable.
>>
I travel a lot and I like reading on the go (e-books, comics, manga) but my current smartphone is not the most comfortable way to do so. It's too big and heavy.
Any recommendations?
>>
>>100355672
Nigga, batteries have random chances of failing.
>>
>>100346764
oh no what country is this, don't say sweden
was planning on switching to esim with a duty-free-forgot-to-declare-at-the-border iphone this travel season
>>
>>100348144
Pixel Xa
>>
>>100353313
iPhones and Androids are just as boring as each other these days.
>>
>>100350147
you probably should keep a secondary tachiyomi backup on the sd card just in case drivesync malfunctions
trust a guy who lost 6 months of progress recently
>>
I'm upgrading from an iPhone after 6 years, why did OnePlus have to stick with the shitty curved display on the 12? It ruins an otherwise fantastic device. Look at this, there's discoloration at the edges due to the variable viewing angle so you'll never get all of it at 100% brightness to your eyes, and any glare from light in the environment goes OVER the content. Then on top of that you have repairability issues and screen protectors are way more of a pain in the ass. "It looks futuristic!!!" Fuck off, why do people value form over function?

I'm gonna go to a store to try out some curved phone in person first, but in the end I might shell out the extra $300-$400 and get an Xperia 1 V, despite its worse specs. Shit has a flat screen like God intended.
>>
File: 1645885743429.png (208 KB, 508x722)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
I need help
My old friend has an Iphone and he wants to setup automatic call recording. He has dementia, and if I can do him a favor of setting up phonecall audio recording it'll save him a lot of embarrassing phone calls.
I'm an Android user so naturally I don't know jackshit about Apple apps. Did a little bit of digging myself and it turns out it's yet another one of those retarded Apple policy that bans audio recording so whatever Apple-approved shit you can find on the apple app store is not going to work.
Obviously the easy solution is to tell my friend to fuck off to Android but thing is he's an old man and we all know old people would rather die than learning new things.
Any help would be appreciated. Big thanks.
>>
>>100355713
Do you have baby hands? A smartphone is smaller than a pocketbook or a volume of manga
>>
>>100355509
>The USB port of my OnePlus 7 Pro is kinda broken since charging it is becoming difficult.
It's probably full of lint, carefully clean it out with a pin
>>
>>100351780
>I would assume a 13 Mini at 80% would at least hold up much better than an SE?
I’d say marginally, perhaps about an hour extra despite the aged battery. That mini may be “as new” but since it’s been at least 2 years since its release, that battery is gonna need replacing soon. Don’t be surprised to see that battery percentage plummet quickly. But I can say that an iPhone 13 mini with a new battery definitely lasts longer than a 3rd gen SE with a new battery, like up to 1 to 2 hours extra
>t. had a fair condition iPhone 13 mini and a 2nd gen SE
>>
>>100356238
>Obviously the easy solution is to tell my friend to fuck off to Android
That's what you have to do. If it makes him feel better, you can get him a budget Pixel or Samsung and put an iOS skin on top of it lol.
>>
>>100351316
but the US/CAN version is ? it's the only phone with good specs that has a flat screen instead of curved.
>>
>>100353313
no. buy a new iphone. every android in the game now is pure trash
>>
>>100356409
Thanks.
Have you used aftermarket batteries before?
>>
>>100356695
You have a broken xr.
>>
File: s23.png (34 KB, 504x397)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
good deal or did I swindle myself?
>>
How is the software on phones China phones like Xiaomi, Realme or Nubia?

I've read they tend to have bugs that rarely get fixed. Basically once you've bought the phone the updates stop sooner than later.
>>
>>100355661
what's the difference between the US and GLOBAL version ? I'm from canada.
>>
Are Ulefones a meme? I need big battery
>>
Where to buy butteries ? My s20FE needs a replacement
>>
>>100356715
nope. Never replaced a battery on a modern phone. Personally I’d never replace a battery myself so I’d spend the extra money on a certified provider who uses official parts, especially for apple stuff
>>
>>100357696
Probably a good deal. Unless you end up really hating samsung's software.
>>
>>100355718
Yeah, I guess they're smaller than most.
I also like to read one-handed.
>>
>>100357696
Not bad but you probably could've gotten it new for a similar price.
>>
>>100355448
If it has 120hz, it'll be a real contender for midrange of the year.
>>
File: zf5.jpg (96 KB, 1200x1200)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
how long until the screen breaks /g/?
>>
>>100358786
25 minutes
>>
File: 15246769722200.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1080)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>100358786
Never seen foldable outside shelfs
>>
>>100358981
You'll have to leave your mother's basement for that.
>>
>>100358786
>Tested for over 400k folds which is about 10 years worth of folds
Probably never.
>>
File: 15171889521325.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
I fucking hate both dashchan and kuroba eating posts.

>>100358060
> Are Ulefones a meme? I need big battery
Quite popular here in Russia among "workers".
Especially those who works with electricity, cars, heating love their thermal imaging phones.
Same with Blackview.

Both can be described same way. Not so good firmware (way better than xiaomi or Google pixels) , bad updates policy.
>>
so
my poco x3 pro is reaching the end of its line
what would be a good substitute for a budget?
idc about "gaeming" in the phone, I just want GOOD battery life and its good enough for browsing and shit
>>
File: 15246796543020.gif (2.82 MB, 316x366)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB GIF
>>100359002
> You'll have to leave your mother's basement for that.
My mom has died 2 years ago
>>
File: 20240507_101555.jpg (1.97 MB, 3468x3468)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>100358981
It's pretty kino desu
>>
pixel 8a got released? lol
>>
>>100359490
One more week
>>
>>100358060
het a cubot kingkong 9. you'll thank me later
>>
>>100359130
>>100358786
Breaking, no.
Creasing visibly down the middle, probably.
>>
Just got an odd system notification
>Your device will shut down in 20 seconds. Connect charger.
I connected the charger and nothing happened.
>>
>>100359490
Too high of a MSRP
Google fucked up
>>
GrapheneOS users, how much usable storage did you have left after installing this rom? I want to get the pixel 8a for Grapheneos, but can't really decide on whether to get 256 or 128gb version
>>
>>100355448
Why are they putting a snapdragon 6 gen 1, isn't it manufactured by samsung?
Good god, can they stop with these shitty chips, fucking hell.
It's like they're doing it on purpose. All these very nice samsung, sony or google phones ruined by the chip choice.
>>
File: IMG_3096-1715104927396.jpg (33 KB, 1162x654)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>120hz
>7 year support
>Tensor G3
>Potential to be the best pixel phone in years
>The dumbest fucking person you've ever met: "DURRR MAKE IT $500 DURRRR"
>>
>>100346348
I live in italy so I had that happening with arabs AND southern italians, they really are the same shit but different religions, this gay earth I swear.
>>
My old phone is a Kyocera Duraforce 2. It's been great, but the charging port and the headphone port are starting to become unreliable.

I'm planning on getting a cheap pinephone and installing Arch Linux on it. I'm pretty familiar with Arch since I've been daily-driving Arch on my PC and Laptop for over a year.

I don't know a lot about how cellular network stuff works, since I just use Network Manager for connectivity on my PC.

Am I making a horrible mistake?
>>
>>100360921
does nmcli work for phones?
>>
Bros I can't resist from buying the 15 Pro for much longer
>>
>>100358060
yes
>>
File: 1715045629966917.png (57 KB, 452x410)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>100346348
you're a pussy unable to assert boundaries and they could tell retard. makes sense considering you're a phonefag

fuck all smartphones by the way
>>
>>100359117
And mine died 18 years ago. Don't use it as an excuse to be a knob.
>>
>>100360584
It's by Qualcomm this time.
>>
>>100361302
Really? Is it like the Snapdragon 8 gen 1 manufactured by Samsung vs the Snapdragon 8+ gen 1 manufactured by TSMC situation?
For now I can only Samsung listed under manufacturer : https://nanoreview.net/en/soc/qualcomm-snapdragon-6-gen-1
>>
Do black phones heat up faster than colder colored phones?
>>
>>100360715
let it all out, sundar
>>
>>100361606
What?
>>
>>100361233
How old are you?
>>
>>100359083
>Google pixels are bad
qrd?
>>
>>100361763
Pixels are straight up bad.
If you living outside the US they straight up terrible, because many features are tied to being in the US, including thermometer lol.
Their UI is bad, you can't even turn of wifi quickly. Overall beta quality of software.
Overall bad spec's, exynos and 128 gb of storage as base. Slow charging.
Pixels are bad as consumer devices. It's developer kit for android and gimmick for autists.
>>
>>100361484
My bad, it is Samsung. But not all Samsung chips are bad. SD 750 for example was solid. Only the 8 Gen 1 and SD 888 are truly worth avoiding.
>>
>>100360715
>tensor g3
they should be paying us to take these away kek
>>
Most convenient way to transfer files to/from an android tablet over local network? (I know this is the smartphone general but I assume it would be the same as for an android phone...)
>>
File: saltyqualcomm.png (134 KB, 933x624)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>100362080
>t. seething qualcomm executive
>>
>>100362080
>>100363540
Pixels are bad though. Google fails with almost every generation of their phones, going all the way back to Nexus. They are often quirky and fun, but they are almost never great.
>>
>>100363447
I've been using Local Send app/program, i like how it works and all but sometimes it has trouble recognising each device. But maybe that's on my end and it'll work well for you
>>
>>100358786
If you live in Canada? Once it drops below -15C.
They still sell them for some reason but the edges crack in the cold.
>>
>>100363896
Thanks, I'll try it out
>>
File: 1715116908834.jpg (36 KB, 1080x153)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>100363933
I always use Xplorer
>>
>>100363923
Source: Dude, trust me.
>>
>>100364045
https://ftp.idu.ac.id/wp-content/uploads/ebook/tdg/TEKNOLOGI%20REKAYASA%20MATERIAL%20PERTAHANAN/Materials%20Science%20and%20Engineering%20An%20Introduction%20by%20William%20D.%20Callister,%20Jr.,%20David%20G.%20Rethwish%20(z-lib.org).pdf
>>
>>100363447
>>100363933
>>100363896
I use Solid Explorer to connect to my NAS
>>
>>100360715
What you want it to be, $100? I mean that'd be cool, but
>>
>>100363923
Not Canada but it gets around -20c pretty regularly in winter here. Will keep an eye on it
>>
File: 1000001810.jpg (2.12 MB, 4032x3024)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
>bought a Pixel 6a in September (brand-new)
>main camera killed itself today after less than 8 months
I should've listened. Fuck Pooxels. I've tried everything from cleaning the back (it was already clean) to clearing the camera app cache to even a factory resey and nothing worked. It's still under warranty obviously but I'm so angry I don't feel like sending it in.
Laugh all you want, but I'm just shocked. Thought Pixels were the best Androids out there (no bloat, unlockable bootloaders, fast updates) but I guess not. Should I just buy a fucking base model iPhone 15 at this point? Been using Android since 2011 and I'm so tired of shit like this.
>>
>>100359852
It seems like the phone shut down when I wasn't paying attention. Weird. It didn't update the OS, so what was it about? Why would it randomly decide to shut down without telling me why?
>>
>>100364307
$350
>>
>>100363540
I don't care. Even MTK makes good midrange and pixels has 4 hours sot
>>
>>100364812
> I should've listened.
I have warned you.
>>100362080
> Pixels are bad as consumer devices. It's developer kit for android and gimmick for autists.
>>
What's the point of Tensor chips
>>
>>100363896
>>100363933
Local Send changes the timestamp (Created) to the time it was received.
>>
>>100364812
>Should I just buy a fucking base model iPhone 15 at this point?
That's an even worse downgrade.

But it looks like you just need to tap the screen to have the camera focus on something? Have you done that?

Otherwise, get a S23 Ultra.
>>
>>100365149
Fair.
>>100365304
Of course I've tried that. Sometimes it'll focus for half a second, but that's it. Really don't want a Samsung because I hate UI skins on phones. I guess Motorolas are a thing so I might wait for the new Edge to drop in the US (if it hasn't already)
>>
>>100365398
>Really don't want a Samsung because I hate UI skins on phones.
It's overblown bullshit at this point. One UI is just a skin over Android and arguably the best version of Android. Things that would need an extra app to work come built in to One UI and features on One UI usually come to vanilla Android later on.

>Motorola
Genuinely bad cameras, unfortunately.
>>
>>100365673
I dunno, I'm just used to TouchJizz being a piece of shit. Last Samsung phone I used was my dad's old S5. Hated that fucker. Mind spoonfeeding me on OneUI a bit more?
Also I don't really care about camera quality desu. I know it's ironic considering I just bitched about my Pixel, but if it's a literal *functioning* camera I'm okay.
>>
>>100365737
>Mind spoonfeeding me on OneUI a bit more?
Sure.

So basically I had a bit of a culture shock when I went from my S9 to a Motorola Razr (2020) and noticed a shitton of missing features compared to One UI.

>Native screen recorder
>Natively using videos or gifs as backgrounds, lock screens or call background
>Samsung DeX on the S series phones turning your phone into a desktop
>Reverse wireless charging
>Having a horizontal app drawer
>Modes & Routines (for example, I can have my phone automatically connect to my car and turn on Google maps and turn off my Bluetooth and GPS when I leave my car, etc).
>Edge lighting, which is a nice replacement for the notification light
>Battery protection (stopping charging at 80%, or letting your phone charge slow and top it off when you wake up, or have the battery charge fully then go down to 95% and let it continue charging)

Just off the top of my head. In addition, there's also the Galaxy store that has exclusive Samsung apps like Good Lock that has a bunch of customization you can't find on basic Android, like Sound Assistant that let's you change EVERYTHING.

Basically, Samsung has what you need on the surface but if you want to pull back the hood and get deep into it, you can. It really feels like Samsung's team has thought of everything.
>>
>>100366003
That's... quite cool, I'll admit.
Can you at least disable the Microsoft (and some Samsung) bloatware though? I know it doesn't matter on a flagship, but I like to get every last bit of performance out of my phones.
>>
>>100366003
>stopping charging at 80%
85% actually, which is weird when 80 is the "standard" battery longevity percentage.
>>
>>100366049
>Can you at least disable the Microsoft (and some Samsung) bloatware though?
Yes, it can all be disabled or deleted.

If you really wanna get autistic with it (you shouldn't) you can download the universal Android debloater in the OP. But you'll literally be deleting everything, even the app store and a lot of standard Samsung apps are better than most Android/Google apps (Calandar app, Gallery app, Alarm app etc.).
>>
>>100366151
>85% actually,
They changed it to 80% in One UI 6.1. I have no idea why, I thought 85% was the sweet spot.
>>
Anyone here have a Pinephone? I'm in Australia and my carrier is changing the network so my old Blackberry Q10 won't work anymore. Was thinking of trying out a Pinephone but I see complaints the battery life is so poor it's nearly unusable as a mobile device.

Would love to hear your experiences.
>>
I'm a poorfag and I'm trying to upgrade from a cheap motorola, is this a good purchase?
I want root it and debloat it
>>
>>100366476
>root
Not needed and probably not possible on Samsung

If you want to fuck around, get a Pixel. Samsung is supposed to just work. Newer models have longer support timeframes, no modern Samsung is suitable for a custom ROM (with rare exceptions). Most "bloat" is either useful or can be removed easily.
>>
>>100346508
Thinkphone
>>100357696
You could've gotten a new think phone for less
>>100358745
It's still pretty pathetic tbqh
>>
>>100346222
>live rural
>no service, rely on wifi
>only provider with service nearby is verizon
>if a phone is not offered by them it won't work well
>they only offer shit phones
I'm sick of repairing my s10e, it's on the 3rd battery and 2nd charging port but there's no good small phones out there with headphone jack and sd card that work well on Verizon. might just get a basic flip phone ffs
>>
>>100367373
>if a phone is not offered by them it won't work well
why not just buy a phone unlocked? are americans this stupid?
>>
>>100367402
My s10e is the unlocked model I'm well aware of them, but unlocked doesn't always work here. carriers, especially verizon, have the ability to gatekeep certain features on unlocked phones. for example Sony Xperia phones do not support wifi calling on verizon. at launch the unlocked S10 line did not have volte support on Verizon but the carrier model did; this was changed after a while via a software update (carriers gatekeep updates for unlocked phones too). sometimes you have to call them and ask for them to pretty please allow your phone to use a feature.
>>
File: 1587001602962.jpg (1.63 MB, 1607x3264)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
If I don't transfer large files does it matter if I have UFS 2.2 or 3.1 in daily use?
>>
>>100366003
Wasn't dex axed?
>>
File: 1697103223470619.jpg (25 KB, 640x631)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
What stuff do you even use your smartphone for? I've had one for a little over a month now and I feel like its a waste because I barely use it for anything outside of texting/music
>>
>>100364997
NSA spyware was updating
>>
>>100368059
Honestly nothing that warrants it costing $1000. I just use it for YouTube and an occasional crappy mobile game when I'm bored waiting for a haircut. Now I'm wondering if I should buy an older soulful phone instead for texting. I really don't need this overpowered mini tablet, when I use a computer/laptop.
>>
>>100368099
I had a flip phone for longer than I care to admit and the only fun thing I did on my new phone that I couldn't on the old one was play an emulator. But I really do want something to do with this new one but I can't think of much
>>
>>100368134
I just went through my phone to try to find reason to use it. Photos are a big thing for me. Having some memories to look back and back up to the cloud automatically. Amazon/Ebay although I rarely buy anything. Translate app sometimes. Bank app. 2FA. Robinhood for when I got bored and felt like playing around with money for some small quick change. Calendar and email. Then the rest are just food apps like Chick Fil A, Yelp, and McDonalds. The fast food apps are great if you eat that crap. The McDonald's app at least makes it cost a normal price.
>>
>>100346691
ROG phone can do that.
>>
>>100356651
No. You'll need to wait for a leak from them.
>>
File: 1704463277925475.png (48 KB, 1125x352)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
uhhh wawheybros???
>>
>>100367730
No unless you play games
>>
Fuck bros.
My Xperia 5 II finally got the green line. It went away the first 3 times with a restart, but now it seems permanent.
What do?
>>
File: 1711898175045876.png (243 KB, 475x552)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
>Get s21 ultra after s10e
>Lack of headphone jack means I have to fuck with wireless earbuds
>Have to charge them every hour or so, can't fucking stand it
>Get USB-C iems
>Can't charge while using them, break when falling asleep with them in
>Phone so unusuable that my phone usage time drops drastically
>Not pumping in doom and gloom podcast type content 24/7 to drown out though because it sucks so much to try and do so
>Actually have time to think and reflect
>Quality of life and outlook improves dramatically from decreased phone time and depressing shit
Man, maybe they were onto something making their dogshit so much worse to use. Thanks apple!
>>
>>100367730
I want to get bullied by Android-chan
>>
>>100369857
Plaza Accord-subjugated Japs running away with tails between the legs? Color me shocked.
>>
File: 1715040972384446.jpg (51 KB, 775x573)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
RECOMMEND ME A PHONE FOR 400-500EU RIGHT NOW OR YOUR MOTHER WILL DIE IN HER SLEEP TONIGHT
>>
File: oJyHrglg.jpg (68 KB, 728x728)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>100368059
Photos.

Smartphones are what got me Into photography and my Smartphone is my camera now. It's pretty amazing the kind of stuff you can achieve with a phone now.
>>
File: 1715032132001852.jpg (1001 KB, 2000x1307)
1001 KB
1001 KB JPG
>>100368059
I'm into photography so I do a lot of that. Smartphones are actually more camera than phone these days. We went from the cameras protruding out the back a little, to being grouped together in a bump, to now being an "island" that takes up almost the entire back half of the device. Wouldn't surprise me if soon smartphones start to look more like cameras too. Oppo are already half-way there with their latest models.
>>
File: 14958519071.gif (332 KB, 413x498)
332 KB
332 KB GIF
Anyone? Help?
>>100356238
>>
>>100371433
Android is the only way
>>
>>100367730
*plap plap plap plap*
>>
>>100371003
s23fe
>>
>>100367739
No? I used it on my Note 10+ a few weeks ago.
>>
File: 1715050795722480.png (94 KB, 323x289)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
guys I found cheap Samsung galaxy s23 ultra on Facebook marketplace but I suspect it's fake. they say its low use ideal condition so I'm suspicious. how do I check if it's fake or not?
>>
>>100366194
>tfw still on one ui 5 on s20 plus
I knew we weren't on the same page, sad.
>>
>>100372098
Drive there and check in person. Don't worry, your kidneys aren't worth much these days. :)
>>
File: 1441318745686.jpg (17 KB, 500x482)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
It's unbelievable how much shit I've been conditioned to take from modern software
>Latest MIUI update casually add a 4x1, UNREAMOVABLE widget for "Mi Smart Devices" smack dab in the middle of the quick settings menu
>Each updoot keeps ruining UI with minimalist, lost functionality
What mobile OS is the most uncucked/cancer free?
>>
>>100372623
Also
>Ads in the fucking file explorer
>>
>>100372623
Sony, motorola, pixels and asus have more or less vanilla android. I've heard that some people quite like nothing's OS as well.
>>
>>100372623
>buy chinese mi phones
>complain about how you knew chinese do things
lol. lmao, even
>>
>>100372589
no I mean I red that you can't really tell the difference between real and fake these days so any tips would be appreciated
>>
>>100368217
>The McDonald's app
By downloading the McDonald's app, you're pretty much agreeing to never being able to sue McDonald's. That's why they push it so hard.
>>
>>100371003
Xperia 5 III
>>
>>100372098
Do ebay instead.
>>
>>100372529
>still on one ui 5 on s20 plus
Eh, that's not such a bad thing. They changed the quick options menu to look just like iOS on One UI 6.1. I kinda hate it and thought the original looked better, ngl.
>>
Is Xiaomi 14 a good buy?

I can get it right now for about 800-850 € while getting a free xiaomi tablet.

I'm switching from my pocco f3 because the battery is just not doing it for me anymore.

Any other chink phones I should check out that are cheaper than the 14?
>>
>>100348248
but any $400 android btfo iphone se
>64gb storage
>4gb ram
>shitty 720p 60hz ips screen
>shitty 12mp camera
>outdated design
for $400 you can buy an android phone with a super amoled 1080p 120hz display, 256Gb storage, 8gb ram, 50+ mp camera etc etc
>>
Maybe this is a stupid question but if I buy an old phone (thinking of getting a refurbished Xiaomi Pocophone F1 that was released in 2018) can I have problems of like the OS becoming outdated with apps that stop working down the line?
>>
>>100373548
>can I have problems of like the OS becoming outdated with apps that stop working down the line?
Depends on how old. If you're using Android 8 and up you'll most likely be fine but you should make sure you have at least Android 10 by this point to make sure.
>>
>>100346222
i need a smart phone that is

>small
>android (can be old)
>2 simcards
>changable battery
>sdcard slot
>can run wa,viber,telegram,messenger
>can be de googled

any recommendations?
>>
>>100374407
>changable battery
kek
>viber
lmao
>>
>>100374691
>changable battery
i want to just pop it out and put a full one in

>viber
i work for a logistic firm the boomers use viber
>>
File: 1000001870.jpg (503 KB, 1080x2864)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
I need a phone with excellent battery life that I can get for cheap in the US. Would picrel work?
Considering it for 3 reasons:
>6nm TSMC processor
>720p display (also can turn it to 60hz)
>5,000mAh battery
All I use my phone for is browsing the web, listening to music, and using shitcord. I don't give a fuck about games because I have a PC. Don't really care about the camera except for scanning documents.
This thing also has a headphone jack and an SD slot. I'll be paying around $80 USD for it through my carrier.
>>
>>100374407
Galaxy Xcover 5.
>>
>>100374739
https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?sNumberSIMs=1&sOSes=2&idCardslot=1&idBatRemovable=1
>>
any good sites to compare processor performance?
>>
>>100374898
https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare

Apple pays for benchmarks, so take those chipsets with a grain of salt.
>>
>>100374931
thank you, I wasn't looking for apple shit anyway
>>
>>100375007
s24 ultra is fucking huge jesus christ
>>
File: 1709822122377882.jpg (37 KB, 800x800)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>100375037
didnt mean to reply
>>
File: 1692029060499676.jpg (60 KB, 2120x351)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
kino incoming
>>
>>100375058
Could it be the ace iv that has been delayed for a year and a half
>>
>>100375076
it says the next ONE is coming.
1 VI
>>
>>100375125
Oops don't care then
I will continue using my Xperia 1iii
>>
>>100375151
hey I'm using 1 iii too.
fingerprint died long ago.
>>
>>100346222
Moondrop MIAD01 ordered and currently waiting for it missing a few bands for T-Mobile in the US but should still work
>>
>phone for personal use without Google services
>phone for botnet use (banks, cashapps, etc..)
Is there a better setting?
>>
>>100368059
Maps/GPS, mails, calls, chatting apps like whatsapp/discord, alarm clock, flashlight, basic photo/video usage, note taking, banking apps, public transport network, train booking, traffic state, some gaming from time to time and of course internet.
>>
>>100360715
>18 Watt "quick" charge
>>
>>100364812
>main camera killed itself today after less than 8 months
It's still under warranty from Google, they should replace it for free
>>
>>100367373
>only provider with service nearby is verizon
Use us mobile, Verizon is finally selling their network to MVNOS. I switched from paying $99 for two line from Verizon to $25 a month for two lines from us mobile. Even if you want unlimited day it's only $40 per line or something.
>>
>>100368059
Banking apps (I enjoy how easy it is to log in + more secure) and spotify. I listen to a lot of music & audiobooks.

My work's scheduling software lets me load my work schedule onto my Calender, so I always know when I work next, but that's more for people who don't work 9-5 desk jobs.

Photos for sure too. I take a ton of photos. I like the feature that pulls up pictures from "one year ago today" and it'll be a trip my friends or family went on, or some new restaurant.
>>
>>100372057
>I used it on my half decade old phone
Anon...
>>
>>100368059
Banking, email, games, ordering stuff from Amazon/eBay/AliExpress, 4chans, Reddit, reading manga while on the shitter, listening to radio/podcasts/music, scanning documents with Microsoft Lens, playing games, getting shopping discounts from LIDL or Netto with their stupid apps, tracking my walking distance with Google fit (pretty inaccurate but eh) etc
>>
Could trade in my Moto Edge 40 for a 250€ discount on Pixel 8a. Should I?
>>
>>100375668
Oh also: watching pirated TV shows and movies by streaming them with stremio and normal public broadcast TV too.
>>
>>100368059
- mobile games.
- watching videos on YouTube.
- light surfing on the internet mostly for checking when bins go out in my area and to see how much money I have in the bank.
- sometimes buying off Temu.
- WhatsApp to talk with family members.
- flashlight that I use because I never turn my light on.

Honestly if my tablet had a flashlight built into it I would have been using that more than my android phone. I've always wanted to try buying things off amazon from my phone or tablet but I'm not use to the "mobile" feature and would be afraid that my purchases wouldn't be secure.
>>
>it is 2024
>there is still no reason to buy anything but a 2 year old iphone second hand
>>
>>100373537
and get 0 support because its made by some.chinkshit company.
>>
File: 1671724160726269.jpg (139 KB, 850x1531)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Recommend good icon packs for Android, paid/premium or free for as long as I don't get random ads on my phone.

Preference:
>flat icons
>single (black, white) or dual-tone colors
>extra widgets is optional but welcome
>compatible with Microsoft Launcher
>>
>>100346508
S24 Ultra
>>
>>100376278
Currently using YellowLine for a black/white/yellow theme myself.
Arcticons, BASIT, Crayon, Delta, H2O icon, Minma, Nexa, Pixbit, Viral, Whicons, Zwart, I also like
>>
>>100376238
120W charging
>>
File: 1671821115326438.png (3.37 MB, 1496x2193)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB PNG
>>100376345
Cheers, Anon! Thanks for the recommendations; will definitely check them out.
>>
>>100376251
Times have changed, retard. Still stuck in your iToddler bubble, eh?
>>
>>100376278
>compatible with Microsoft Launcher

How do you manage to have 3rd party icons not turn themselves into microscopic beaches when used on Michaelsoft Launcher?
>>
>>100367739
No, it's still a headline feature even on the S24 lineup
>>
>>100376477
I guess it sucks this is the max size for the icons, but they're big enough, especially on a base S23.
>>
>about to pull the trigger on the s24+
>exynos chip in Europe
Damn, dodged a bullet i guess
Is the one plus 12 any good?
>>
>>100371003
Lol this pic
>>
>>100376585
If you liked the design of the S24+, then maybe go with the S23+ instead? EU uses the snapdragon 8 gen 2, and it's a great chip.
>>
>>100376616
Oh yeah that's not a bad idea thanks, it's on sale here now as well
>>
Joiplay is so based
>>
Savn0rI guess Pixels are a meme with that shitty Tensor, but for my imaginary girlfriend who uses the phone for basically photos, is the 8a for 299€urobucks a bad deal?
>>
>>100376634
Unfortunately it's not available for ios
>>
Samsung seems like Amazon renewed value king, but mostly for models with small batteries and no aux ports... Any other brands that get good discounts?
>>
>>100376916
Isn't it launching at 550€?
>>
>>100371003
any used flagship from the past 3 or 4 years.

I recommend the LG v60
>headphone jack with non bargain bin amps
>dual screen case, not a foldable but still good for multitasking, adds magsafe charging
>expandable storage
>high end snapdragon chip
>phone and case can be had for as little as 200 bucks
>>
is it still possible to use my S5 with modern carriers? I'm getting a new battery for it soon. I refuse to join the ai Jew revolution and will use this shit until it breaks.
>>
Is the pixel 8 a worthless upgrade from the 7?
I'm looking to get a new phone and unless I'm missing something, these phones are pretty much the same.
also, is it worth getting the pro instead of the regular one?
>>
>>100371003
Xperia 1
>>
File: 1715193251152.png (442 KB, 1054x1447)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
for me it's the Aquos R9
>>
>>100359117
>My mom has died 2 years ago
esl poster? not on my watch
>My mom died 2 years ago
or
>My mom has died
>>
>apps not supporting my current phone anymore
might finally be time to upgrade from my lg v20 :(
it's been a good few years

Is Moto G54 a good phone? It seems to go on sale somewhat regularly for $180 AUD
Been eyeing those pixel phones too but I'm not liking the no headphone jack trend with all these newer phones.
>>
>>100368059
i don't. i'm waiting for my pixel 5 to die or otherwise become incompatible and then i'll just grab a dumbphone or a bargain bin piece of shit that'll only ever be used for tethering to a hotspot and 2fa
my steam deck has rendered basically most smartphone tasks obsolete
>>
How bad is the snapdragon 820 in the current year?
>>
Iphone 14 / 15 , s23 ultra & s24 ultra[REPS]

>t. me/+SW-yXKnaO7UyZTc0
>>
>>100378140
T-mobile in the US still has 2g so you can make calls with that. Other option would be to move over to voip and make calls over data.
>>
want to buy muh mum a new phone, ~300 budget the renewed s22 look tempting but the battery seems a bit small. Having a headphone jack would be nice but not a dealbreaker, any recs?
>>
>>100378816
What would you be buying that has an 820? Old galaxy S7 or LG something from 2016? Some apps might not run on older android 7/8 or w/e but if it connects to internet and opens app then it can work for you i guess.
>>
>>100379487
iPhone SE
>>
>>100378140
The question moreso is can the S5 still use modern apps? And the answer to that is no, it can't.

See if you can put Lineage on it.
>>
>>100378741
>Is Moto G54 a good phone?
Yes. Camera is gonna suck though. Pixels A's series have the best phone cameras for budget phones.
>>
>>100379487
If you're worried about battery, maybe the S22+ or S21 Ultra instead?

If you want a headphone jack, check out
>Moto G Stylus 5G 2023
>Xperia 10 V (or wait for the 10 VI to come out in a few weeks)
>Zenfone 9
>>
>>100376278
Flight light and flight dark
>>
>>100359130
>I have to support that now as a FE dev
Kill Samsung
>>
>>100371003
S23
>>
File: 1694340759771624.png (951 KB, 1112x919)
951 KB
951 KB PNG
>midrange phone review from 2019
>great 64mp camera! amazing looking photos and decent videos
>flagship phone review from 2023/4
>ehhh it takes photos I guess? videos probably not, it's not an iphone after all! can't expect much for only 800 euro haha
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>100356238
This might be a dumb question but can't he buy a $20 Sansa Clip and just record each phone call (using speakerphone) that way? I know that's extra money but it'd do the trick since Apple doesn't allow call recording apparently.
>>
>>100371433
>>100356238
You can easily do it on iPhone offline with Trollstore. But the short explanation is it needs to be on iOS 16 and he's probably on 17.
>>
>>100379595
Yeah I feel like getting an LG G5 to play with and possible use. Has recent LineageOS version so I was wondering how well it would work with that. If I can unlock the bootloader that is. model H830 just says fast boot unlocking, which I'm not sure requires LG dead servers.
>>
>>100380234
Are you commenting on how clueless phone reviewers are about cameras or the current state of Android cameras?
>>
does anyone in this thread have this cartoon of "the linux user's ideal phone" and it's 5 inches thick and has like 100 ports built in please help me
>>
>>100380061
Get to work wagie! And if there are bugs i'll send an angry bug report right away! >:)
>>
File: 1699649572151292.gif (59 KB, 640x640)
59 KB
59 KB GIF
>>100380554
People's (reviewers') standards have inflated so much that nobody seems to like camera performance nowadays. It's crazy how the wording has changed over the last 5 years.
>"This is the best camera on a $[price] phone ever!"
>"This camera works as expected."
>>
File: CsAnaWUXYAA6UQo.jpg (128 KB, 750x1095)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>100380581
Is it this one?
>>
>>100379620
she doesn't like iphones
>>100379849
after some comparisons the samsung seems like the clear winner against all but zenfone, but I can't find the latter at low prices.
>>
>>100381497
Xperia 10V
Has headphone jack
Smol
Battery lasts ages
>>
What are some phones?
>>
>>100381584
yeah but it has worse performance, less ram, worse camera, 3 years of support vs 4, and doesn't support wifi 6. And I'd be willing to overlook that if it were cheaper, but it's actually more expensive than the samsung somehow
>>
>>100359130
I will never understand you people
>>
>>100381620
phones doesn't real
>>
>>100371915
>google's cucked phone dialer
>notifies the other party that you're recording the call, therefore defeating the entire purpose
Lol lmao
Samsung's native call recording is where it's at. Doesn't notify shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKYNzGb2jjI
>>
File: 1659866726635544.png (354 KB, 709x698)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
WHY THE FUCK DOES SAMSUNG NOT SUPPORT APTX ADAPTIVE

i wanna get an ultra but this massive hole keeping me from it
>>
>>100372098
>>100372860
Saw this linked in the S23 Ultra subreddit the other day
https://www.reddit.com/r/PakistaniTech/comments/1cigc10/comment/l2mcpso
>>
>>100380652
Cameras on phones take terrible pictures, they use postprocessing to blow out the contrast and boost colors and all kind of other shit that makes photos impressive to drooling retards. But comparing phones to cameras every phone on the market takes garbage pictures and reviewers calling that out instead of praising mediocrity is a massive improvement.
>>
>>100382194
Because they want you to buy galaxy buds pro 2 (or the upcoming pro 3) which uses their proprietary bt protocol.
>>
>>100382245
Nothing wrong with that desu. The cameras are small and use computation photography to fill in the gaps. Whatever the photos these phones churn out are great for what they are, and I wouldn't complain why my glock couldn't stop an elephant.
>>
>>100382245
yeah i wish there were options to not have massive HDR everywhere and have things have some contrast
>>
Where are you guys buying your Zenfone 10s?
>>
>>100382624
>>
>>100377776
I've got that exact setup. Got my full setup for 150 off ebay, it's been great. Only thing I would mention is that they do make a compatible cable for the magsafe charging on amazon, and it's much cheaper than the official adapter, and you're likely going to want to buy a skinny headphone jack adapter since the DS case makes it kind of tight around the 3.5 jack.
>>
>>100377776
>>100384018
Why not go all out?
Wacom Bamboo Ink stylus also works Lg V60/Velvets and their respective dual screen case.
>>
thinking of upgrading my failing itoy 13 to a S24 Ultra, is it any good?
>>
>>100385105
Yes.
>>
>>100385116
thats all i need, thank you
>>
File: GodMachines.jpg (1.72 MB, 3904x2820)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>100349231
I have a TB SD card and 500g onboard. Finally feels "enough".
>>
>>100378625
damn is that ugly.
>>
How I can allow Mixplorer to write the whole (no root) internal memory?
>>
Retarded question because it makes me seem like a woman, but do other non-samsung androids have something as customizable as goodlock? The customization with that is the main reason I enjoy my phone, I love trying to come up with different themes and matching the colors of the entire UI together
>>
>>100382121
a magisk module disables the call recording notification, who cares
>>100385563
it's aesthetically pleasing, also a huge plus its screen has no rounded corners
>>
I remember the first Fold was $2,000 and now is $540
someone have experiences with a Fold phone?
>>
>>100366300
I have a non-pro Pinephone, I haven't daily driven it much because it's pretty rough. The battery life is pretty bad, the phone would also get hot, not worryingly hot but it would be hot while completely idle and the screen was off. The software's janky sometimes, and it can be damn slow when first starting a program after rebooting. I started with Gnome and currently run SXMO, but I mainly just boot it every couple months to update it then turn it off.
The when the software works it's actually pretty cool though, on the default Mobian DE the text messaging program (Empathy) is basically Pidgin, with all the plugins that supports, you can chat on IRC and then text your mom without leaving the app. The Linux software ecosystem runs circles around shitty phone apps.
You can run just about any Linux program (that's been compiled for ARM at least). The main issue I had is that I hate typing on a phone, and I needed a lot of typing since the terminal is necessary for a lot of tasks, especially when GNOME would bug out, SXMO is more stable.
I think a battery bank is a real necessity if you're getting one, which is a real shame because I'd put up with all the other downsides if it weren't for the poor battery life.
Despite all the negatives I still really like it, the software selection is very good, the idea is great and something needs to be done to stop this Apple-Android walled garden duopoly.
>>
thinking about buying used s23 ultra what are the downsides besides corpus scratches
>>
>>100372623
LineageOS
>>
>>100374407
>small
Is 6.1" considered small?
Aside from that the Teracube 2e seems to fit all your requirements
>>
Is Samsung S10 worth with only 3400mAh?
>>
>>100386254
As long as it's not refurbished or used (I'm guessing it is), it should be fine.
>>
New thread:

>>100386803
>>100386803
>>100386803
>>
>>100377776
Are LG v60s from Aliexpress any good? I'm guessing they're refurbished most likely. Everywhere else I'm looking it seems like the dual screen cost almost as much as the phone itself.
>>
>>100385105
>>100385116
>>100385140
mentally ill samefagging lmao. I been gone for so long and I come back still seeing this weird ass roleplay. seek help
>>100385805
Pixel phones have superior theming that actually looks good. Theming oneUI with themepark can look good but it is annoying and slow to use with terrible interface. All the stuff in goodlock isn't needed and are just gimmicks for kids with too much free time
>>
>>100357696
thats a good trade in price, max I found for my 4a was 100 bucks
>>
>>100386043
>just root your phone bro
Lol
>>
>>100379625
what modern apps do i need besides the browser?
>>100378885
the S5 supports at least 3g. Nobody in my country has an operating 2G network

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.