[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download (1).jpg (107 KB, 1200x800)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
any hyperhidrosisfags here? does this shit work? the machine costs like 500 dollars
>>
>>100363688
what the fuck is that?
>>
>>100363733
Some Scientologist bullshit. They hate 4chan so have always had a hardon to try and deceive people here with their faggotry.
>>
>>100363733
it's a iontophoresis machine, it's supposed to stop your hands from sweating. you immerse your hands in the water and run current through it with the machine, first negative and then positive or some shit idk
sounds like some voodoo tech, that's why i'm asking if it actually works
>>
File: FylRDDNXoAApNrt.jpg (80 KB, 948x720)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>100363688
>>
>>100363776
oh i remember organizing shit against them on /b/ waaaaay back. But i admit that i barely know shit about that cult, i am in a diferent continent
>>100363795
so a tank and electrodes? just diy, the lab bio equivalent is diyed all the time
>>
>>100363828
yeah some people make their own machines, cause a "medical" one costs hundreds of dollars
hyperhidrosis is a condition where various parts of your body constantly sweat, regardless of whether it's hot or not, as a response to anxiety for example
this is supposed to treat that by shocking the sweat glands and inactivating them or something like that, i think no one knows why it actually works
>>
>>100363688
hyperhydrosis is caused by chronically high cortisol and adrenaline
so unless it addresses that then no
>>
>>100363910
is elevated cortisol and adrenaline even treatable? some people have that as a natural response to stress
>>
>>100363924
yes.
smoke weed

>some people have that as a natural response to stress
facepalm.
elevated cortisol and adrenaline is THE response to stress. eveyone has it.

heck, you got elevated adrenaline levels merely from walking if youre anal abt things
>>
>>100363992
what if i don't want to be a stoner 24/7? also not allowed to drive when stoned where i live
>>
>>100364029
then its big pharma for you.
or you take the train.
or just smoke in the evenings.
removing the stress you accumulated during the day would already be a win.
just dont smoke in the morning or youre gonna be distracted at work. until you get used to the buzz.
i smoke when i code but i think i smoke more than 1kg (2lbs) of weed in my life, so it doesnt really affect me much anymore.
it relaxes me and i can 100% focus on what im doing.

but yeah, thats 20years of smoking. youre gonna get high so dont smoke in the morning
>>
>>100364029
>20 years
thats 7200 days
avg 0.5g per day
thats 3.6 kg.
i smoke somewhere around 3.6 or 4lbs of weed in my life.
>>
>>100364318
>i smoke somewhere around 3.6 or 4lbs of weed in my life.
i meant 3.6 kg or 8 lbs
>>
>>100364029
you can do a sympathectomy where they cut the nerve that carries the signal to sweat or some shit but it carries some risk, so you have to really have a problem to do it
>>
>>100363874
no idea but is the same concept used to separate boimarkers or something.
>>
>>100364388
my hands sweat all the time and it's akward in social situations, esp on dates. driclor works for my armpits (bone dry) but not for my palms. so i want to try this machine first
>>
See how the Scientologist subverts our youth with vice or superstition? Disgusting.
>>
>>100364436
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endoscopic_thoracic_sympathectomy#Risks
>In 2003, ETS was banned in its birthplace, Sweden, due to inherent risks, and complaints by disabled patients. In 2004, Taiwanese health authorities banned the procedure on people under 20 years of age.
there's a long list of possible serious problems associated with surgery, so there's some chance of ending up a fucking cripple
but there's also a chance that it just fixes everything wrong with you
>>
>>100363992
>>100363924
do not smoke weed
weed is estrogenic and directly antagonistic to progesterone which is a direct agonist at cortisol receptors
estrogen promotes the production of cortisol and vice versa, they both promote cortisol steal
the estrogenicity of weed also lowers androgens which also directly antagonise cortisol at the receptor level

if you want a non meme answer, dietary improvements can help
ie cut out all pufa from your diet, eat easily absorbed carbs and high quality proteins, have a high carb low fat diet (65-80% of calories from carbs), get enough fat soluble vitamins (vit D is especially important)
thats the baseline
supplementing thiamine, niacinamide, b7 and aspirin also greatly aid in increasing insulin sensitivity which lowers cortisol (cortisol mainly acts to increase blood sugar in an emergency and becomes chronically elevated when your cells are unable to properly utilise sugar (insulin resistance), thus reversing insulin resistance allows your cells to use sugar properly and stops them from pulling the fire alarm, so to speak)
another safe supplement is pregnenolone, which can help prevent cortisol steal and may be able to directly antagonise the cortisol receptor
more extreme measures include mifepristone which is a direct cortisol antagonist, taking DHT or other androgens which antagonise the cortisol receptor
>>
>>100363688
What happens if me and one other anon place our penises in the plates instead of the palm of our hands?
>>
I, (>>100363910), am not this retard >>100363992 btw

oh to add to my post >>100364517
I forgot to mention that if the stress is due to your environment, say your job, these measure will likely not solve the problem and you need to address the main obvious causes of your stress first
in which case its a matter of priorities
>>
>>100364517
What are you, the Go Lo diet spokesman?
>>
>>100364625
idk what that is
>>
>>100364644
I bet
>>
>>100364517
eh
have a read
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8283823/

>In this context, research in animal models demonstrates potential effects of CBD on anxiety-related memory processes (Prud'homme et al., 2015; Jurkus et al., 2016) and acute effects of CBD seems to occur through learned fear and impairing the ability to acquire fear conditioning in preclinical models

>The HPA axis, through release of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and cortisol, performs a central role in directing responses to stress...
>It has long been known that acute administration of THC to a naïve subject, via either smoking or controlled intravenous doses, activates stress-response systems...
>There is also evidence of tolerance developing for the HPA response, as evidence by reduced cortisol response to cannabis use

> there is evidence that chronically using cannabis (for a year or longer) may also be associated with blunted stress responses

>Similarly, compared to those who do not use cannabis, THOSE WHO USE DEMONSTRATE AN ATTENUATED CORTISOL RESPONSE TO NEGATIVE EMOTIONS

you really should read the paper and its quotes
science has advanced since the time dupont was peddling nylon

btw, do alcohol now while were at it.
>>
>>100363992
>just give yourself panic attacks to relieve stress bro
>>
>>100365945
if it werks it werks doe
t. crash test dummy
>>
>sweaty hands
Maybe it's time to stop being fat fuck
>>
>>100365294
>do alcohol now
lmao you addicts can't help it can you?
>n-nevermind what I'm hooked on - look at that other drug over there!
>>
>>100366042
no, for the comparison
for instance-
if you, as a male, get smashed, you need to wait for 3 days before concieving bc the genes in your sperm are fucked.
the femfem has to wait a whole month

alcohol is a sledghammer to your health.
between the two, i pick the couple nanograms of phtoestrogens (several orders of magnitude less than you would absorb with onions for instance)
>>
>>100366120
>onions
always gets me when i focus on something
i meant 5oy. obviously
>>
alochol and weed - tonic of the gods.
>>
>>100363688
>does this shit work?
Yes. But it can be painful, and if you don't place your hands down correctly, you will get patches were you still sweat.
>>
File: 1714595551906809.jpg (20 KB, 540x540)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>100363688
Yes just stick your hands into an electrified tank and plug it to the wall, what's the worst that could happen? Early buyers get automatically nominated for the Darwin award
>>
>>100363688
I knew someone like this. He would constantly wet his notebook while writing. I never understood why he didn't wear a glove or use a towel from time to time. He just drooled his sweat all over his papers like a chad. I hope he is using a tablet now that he is probably in college.
>>100367190
QRD? What is the science behind this? Does it shrink your sweat glands or something?
>>
File: kit.png (8 KB, 1310x492)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>100370759
I was on in it 10 years ago in uni, I've stopped using it and just sweat everywhere. The ""cheap"" one I used (there are probably much better ones these days) had 2 metal contacts (one upper and one lower like a step) in which you placed wet cotton pads over. The bottom one was submerged in tap water (it cannot be filtered/bottled, something in the water is needed). You put your hands over the two and current runs through the metal contacts. Current alternates from low to high as time passes, and there was also a general intensity wheel. Using higher currents would stop you from sweating faster, but it was more intense.
ON the topic of gloves, it usually takes like 2-3 cotton gloves to completely block sweat. Well worn cotton gloves provide better protection, but having white gloves starting to brown isn't great in public/social environments and its still damp anyway (so best used at home when using electronics)
Anyway >>100363688 one other option you could do is take Oxybutynin. Its a bladder medication but has the side effect of stopping you from sweating, though it makes everything else also dry (mouth, penis & constipation ....)
>>
>>100366120
You're retarded.
>>
>>100363795
>stop your hands from sweating
>cause why would anyone want to get rid of toxic shit in your organism if you can keep it inside
truly a marvel of technology (assuming it works).
>>
>>100363688
Looks like a scam. It's just a machine that runs an tiny electric current through your body.
>>
>>100363910
bullshit, i have low cortisol and low adrenaline from sleep problems and i sweat like a pig.
>>
>>100364517
>cut out all pufa from your diet
where the fuck are you people suddenly getting this from? are you really suggesting people have monounsaturated and saturated fats instead?
>>
File: sniffsniff.webm (2.37 MB, 1920x1080)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB WEBM
>tfw no qt3.14 gf with pedal hyperhidrosis
>>
>>100373665
Best anime of 2024
Aren't we the ones being tortured?
>>
>>100373665
lmao my cat does this too, i think it's the salt in the sweat
>>
>>100363688
I used to have hyperhydrosis, just one of the many conditions that disappeared after a few weeks on keto.
>>
>>100363688
I made one using two aluminum trays, a cheap PC power supply for the five volts, a few disposable camera capacitors in parallel to decrease the sudden voltage spike, some cheap cleaning sponges to avoid touching the metal, and alligator clips to connect everything together. I used whatever salts they recommended, placed my hands in the trays, then used my elbow to switch on the power supply. Sat there for five minutes, then powered it off, switched power to other tray, and repeated for five minutes more. Did this for a few weeks and didn't see any real results, but then again I probably have the worst sweaty palms out of anyone here.

Obviously, don't touch the trays together or you'll short it.
>>
if you are sweating like a retard you have other unaddressed health problems
>>
>>100363688
BECAUSE I'M HOMER SIMP-
>>
>>100363795
My hands only sweat when I play War Thunder.
>>
>>100363688
Just rub antiperspirant on your palms
>>
>>100364403
But can it separate my dick from your boipucci?
>>
>>100378096
Doesn't work. Touch a door/mouse/keyboard/yourself/wash hands/whatever and that shit runs off and you are back at square one.
>>
>>100364517
>muh pufa
Delusional skinnyfattard detected
>>
>>100366120
This is correct btw. Alcohol fucks up your genetics.

Weed is for faggots though.
>>
File: Chinese Football.png (1.87 MB, 1222x688)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>>100363910
>hyperhydrosis is caused by chronically high cortisol and adrenaline
So what you're saying is that either I'll become a baldfag sometime in the future, or that right now, I have the power to lift a car if I flex my adrenaline glands properly? If the latter case, is it possible to learn to pump adrenaline out of my adrenal glands at will? Can monks teach me? If so, I think I could put these abilities to good use. I'll take up crime fighting and take up the mantle of Based Retard.
>>
>>100363688
I also have sweaty hands and it's been something i've dealt with all my life anon. I once used a prescription liquid I applied to my hands that stopped them from sweating entirely. My hands ended up feeling like they were on fire the whole time. It was then I realized my hands were sweaty because my hands were very hot.
>>
>>100363688
as someone whose body is attempting to self-cure itself into jerky, i wish i was overly sweaty
god my eyes are so dry
>>
>>100382257
Pufa go straight to the fupa.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.