[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 826.png (26 KB, 600x800)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
I just joined in Application Support Engineer for a month now and I fucking hate it coming from L1/2 IT Support job.

The fuckin query and coding skills I need is fuckin mind bogging, I already told the Team Lead and the Recruiter that I have ZERO programming skills yet I have to mess around with GraphQL and JSON Stuff that I don't understand shit at all. Adding insults to the injury, the Team Lead just send me KT Videos that's has a chink as a main speaker and I don't understand a single thing from it.

I mean I get it, they wanted me because I do have some cloud experience but most of them are SysAdmin stuff like checking logs on CloudWatch and maintaining EC2s instances.

I just wanted an actual SysAdmin jobs, is there any hope? I just love to mess around with something like Linux, Windows Server and things like that. Hell, I can write some PowerShell scripts with the help of le ChatGPT but it's still doable for me.

Again, Fight or Flight to new job?
>>
actually decent thread for once
>>
File: download.jpg (19 KB, 637x358)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>100375600
...right
>>
>>100375992
sorry anon, threads need to be buzzword riddled bait by and for newfag toddlers to get replies nowadays
>>
>>100375447
fight, at least it's not tech support for customers
>>
Sysadmins must be codemonkeys now
>>
>>100376106
I mean atleast it's just script, I can let ChatGPT to do that, or worse, learn just a bit of it like I used to with PowerShell stuff.
>>
>>100376041
>to get replies
>to get followers
>to get likes
>to get engagement
>to get attention
I just want to go innawoods, come back out, make explosives, burn everything fucking down, and start over
>>
>>100376069
I mean it kind is

>get the query from customer
>run to see if there anything going on with it
>reports to Dev

yes not as bad as doing the whole dev thing but still you have to know wtf I am doing but I tried to learn everything online and it just barely get into my skull.
>>
>>100375600
>>100376041
>make thread with shartytroon soijak
>get confused and angry that people are ignoring it
>>
>>100377360
Nah they’re just ignoring the wall of texts because autism
>>
>>100375447
>Engineer
>doesn't know jack shit
many such cases...
>>
>>100375447
> told the Team Lead and the Recruiter that I have ZERO programming skills
they hired you because they thought you were capable of learning the necessary skills for the job
>>
>>100375447
>I just love to mess around with Linux
>Can "write" PS scripts with help of chatgpt
You sound like an inept retard. How do you not know how to program as a hobbyist?
>>
>>100378176
Talked with the Team Lead, he said he doesn’t expect me to do work within 6 months but expecting me to be able to answer some questions in 3 months. But I hate it on the first month already and I’m not sure if it’s just Imposter syndrome or I actually just doesn’t fits here.
>>
>>100375447
You're retarded
>>
>>100375447
>software "engineer"
I get "sandwich artist" vibes when people who work with software call themselves engineers
>>
>>100378530
>imposter syndrome
don't worry, it's not imposter syndrome. you ARE an imposter.
>>
>>100375447
>I already told the Team Lead and the Recruiter that I have ZERO programming skills
they're giving you the chance to learn and you better appreciate and take advantage of the opportunity faggot. This is how you break out beyond hell desk. Unironically if you bitch out you'll actually wind up like vid related.
https://youtu.be/elrnAl6ygeM?&t=410

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.