[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6587.jpg (116 KB, 980x654)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>just found out there is actually a tool made by Microsoft to stop their updates
>called wushowhide
>pain in the ass to find
Microsoft sucks
Fuck em
Shitheads
>>
File: eat a dick.jpg (27 KB, 640x557)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
The only reason you are worried about disabling things you don't understand is because windows can't patch itself without interrupting whatever it is you're doing, which is amusing to say the least as even Linux can be live patched.
>>
>>100378392
probably just something someone stole off github if it exists like the activation script MS got caught using on their own machines because activating their own licenses was too big of a pain in the ass
>>
>>100378733
No anon one of the fucking updates wouldnt install cause fucking WindowsRE isnt working properly so I just wanted to not install it cause it's a useless update
>>
>>100378773
yeah it's totally that and not the fact that you need to reboot and wait 2 weeks for it to finish
>>
>>100378760
Nah you used to be able to get it easily from Microsoft directly
Now you need to know the link to it on their website
It's bullshit
>>
>>100378812
Not him, but every time I install windows I do a very simple thing, installing the updates upon first login, color me surprised that 99.99% of the time a lot of them fail to install, on a fresh and untouched install.
>>
>>100379148
install gentoo then
>>
>>100379195
I'm more of an arch guy.
>>
>>100379211
that explains why you keep reinstalling windows

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.