[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Its 20-04024 (in gmt) 25 years ago today, Eric and Dylan went to school for the final time.
The Bench mark of school shootings.
lets discuss the historical impact of this event (without going full /r9k/)
>>
Thanks for reminding me to update filter list.
>>
File: 1494367120499.jpg (76 KB, 662x799)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>16526454
youre welcome anon anything to help this fucking nigger pit
>>
That school had the worst and most toxic environment of rich douchebag bullies anywhere. This was a disaster waiting to happen.
>>
>>16526519
heard form a guy in high school at the time that he got treated better after the event.do you know it change in columbine itself or cauterized into a victim feedback loop?
>>
Why was he anti-racist?
>>
>>16526543
it just another form of bullying?
>>
>>16526543
>and if you are female, then you should be raped by a male from the race you hate and be forced to raise the child!
don't know, all these school shooters have similar rhetoric
>>
>>16526543
it's well known that bullies are all right wingers who say "might makes right"
that's why he killed them to prove them wrong
>>
Kinda weird that after this, mass shootings increased exponentially.
>>
>>16526543
It was a different time.
>>
>>16526569
Jeez what a homo lmao
>>
>>16526543
It was the zeitgeist of the 90s
>t. was 16 years old when it took place
>>
File: 1536736476720.gif (1.96 MB, 500x281)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
>>16526356
Damn you I wanted to be the one to make this post, I've waited years. You're on my shitlist!
Anyway I've researched this case to fucking death, its still the only school shooting that interests me and keeps me returning. So many unanswered questions left open to speculation, the rabbit hole is never ending.
I think the double perpetrator dynamic is one of the biggest factors for it being so interesting, the fact two friends planned this for up to a year and held a secret like that. They were planning to blow up their school while still hanging out with their pupils at school. Fuck.
>>
>>16526356
Fuck you Nigger I waited years to make this thread. YEARS

Well whatever. Imo Columbine was the reason that school shootings in america became such a regular thing. It was the starting point. And even outside of america, a lot of shooters take these 2 as influences to this day. Without columbine, school shootings wouldn't be a thing.

Columbine changed american history
>>
>>16526543
At the same time he worshipped the nazis and called the black kid he killed a nigger.
>>
>>16526356
Gen Xers did school shootings together in the 90s meanwhile most zoomers don’t have any friends.
>>
In the 90s people were so normal so human so empathetic that 15 dead high schoolers was global news that stuck in public consciousness for decades.

Meanwhile after all the insanity and constant misery bombardment of social media people don’t care anymore, Sandy Hook was already forgotten by 2020.
>>
I read somewhere that there was a third shooter who ended up getting raped in the basement by a policeman while the shooting was going on
>>
you say tragedy I say natural selection
>>
I like Doom II and Marilyn Manson.
>>
Not even the first school shooting of the 90s, there were several before it but they didn't get as much attention.
>>
File: qG1Q1R87_400x400.jpg (16 KB, 400x400)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>16526356
Did they intentionally do it on Hitler's birthday?
>>
File: Rachel.jpg (188 KB, 1577x1600)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>
>>16527155
Just goes to show he didn't even know what it is he wanted. His opinions probably changed daily to whatever sounded edgier.
>>
>>16527884
Not necessarily. They wanted to do it April 19th, the anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing specifically, but had to delay the plan by 1 day for supplies. Ended up falling on Hitler day.
>>
>>16526356
25 years BEFPRE 2015 FYI
>>
>>16527890
Made for British Broadcasting Corporation
>>
It was a personal response to a social problem that they could not yet comprehend the madness of. Even today there are disaffected young men who decide to take out their anger on the people who wronged them or innocent victims for the sake of notoriety and protest against this false reality. Perhaps the former are more justified, but that does not excuse their violence.
>>
>>16527756
didn't kill as many people
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQilqOveh2s

still makes me kek.
>>
They were the proto incels before incels became a thing. They had lots of incel rage people have on r9k and r/incels before it was banned.
>>
>>16527756
The difference is Columbine were proto incels.
>>
>>16527756
Yeah but those other school shooters were just kids who at the most planned for like 2 weeks and just showed up to school shooting.
Eric and Dylan planned for at least 8 months - 1 year, made pipe bombs and molotovs, made 20lb propane tank bombs for the cafeteria, and prepped a lot more.
They killed more and inflicted more damage, not to mention the dynamic between them was very interesting,
>>
>>16528390
Funny how Klebold spends his entire journal lusting after this one girl at school (name probably redacted).
After the shooting, turns out she barely even knew he existed beforehand. He had some casual female friends but nothing serious.
>>
Brooks Brown (the one they spared) speaking:
https://youtu.be/yvspyyKHj1U
https://youtu.be/hzkucR8FMSU

Books:
Columbine - Dave Cullen
Bowling Alone * - Robert Putnam

Documentary:
Bowling for Columbine - Michael Moore

* Not specifically about Columbine but the decay in social cohesion and civic participation in the 1990s in general. Columbine is mentioned specifically, too.
>>
>>16528597
>Columbine - Dave Cullen
Literally the worst book on Columbine full of lies, the good ones are:
Jeff Kass - Columbine: A True Story
Brooks Brown - No Easy Answers
Randy Brown - The Inside Story of Columbine: Lies. Coverups. Ballistics. Lessons
>>
>>16526356
>>16528415
I REALLY wish they had succeeded with all of their plans and did a lot more overall. It definitely would've had a butterfly effect on a lot of future mass shootings and we could've had more kino.
Still, they did a damn fine job. It's not easy to do what they did.
>>
File: Cafeteria_Activity.gif (1.95 MB, 224x239)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
>>16528992
They could have done so much more. The bombs that failed would have killed quite a lot, but even though they failed they both could have still killed more. They were loaded with ammo and had free reign in the school for 49 minutes.
All 13 victims that died and 24 that were injured all were shot in the first 15 minutes of the attack. The rest of the attack was Eric and Dylan walking around the school aimlessly, looking intro classrooms AT STUDENTS without shooting or entering.
The common theory (though its debatable) is that after the Library massacre where they executed 10 victims up close and personal, the adrenaline wore off and they realized the killing wasn't as "fun" as they expected.
So even without the bombs failing, they could have killed into the hundreds with the guns.
>>
>Kleibold and Harris walked around asking students if they believed in God and shot them if they said yes.[3]
Atheist sisters, I...
>>
>>16529066
thats a myth, they asked one student in the Library if they believed in God to which the student said yes because she was brought up that way. Klebold replied with "God's gay" then moved to another table. They left her alone.
It was Valeen Schnurr.
>>
>>16528597
Ditch the Cullen book. It's offensively bad. And they were gonna turn that rag into a lifetime movie or something until the parents of the victims protested.
>>
>>16528597
I forgot about Brooks Brown
>>
>>16528597
Michael Moore was a jackass though
>>
>>16526356
Rachel Scott is qt
>>
>>16528597
>Columbine - Dave Cullen
Don't read this shit. At best it's an inaccurate book written for 35+ year old women who like True Crime podcasts. At worst it's fanfiction from an author who seems to have a creepy obsession over Harris in particular. Read Jeff Kass' book instead.
>>
>>16528499
can you be an incel if you have female friends? but your female friends won’t date you?
>>
File: 1348586113537.jpg (57 KB, 387x960)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>16526356
>deranged freaks engage in nihilist and random murder
>media latches onto it like voyeuristic vultures
>people watch it with amazement and wonder turning these freaks into sort of anti heros to the point where it was acceptable in polite society to actually say shit like "awww they were victims of bullying :("
>inspired a bunch of copy cats
>any loser realizes that can become edgy anti heros by murdering random people
Everything about this is so disgusting. Theres no real reason to look into it, no reason to discuss it, its just a ugly event that was handled in the worst possible way
>>
>>16529047
I think after what happened in the library, it was a combination of what you said plus there weren't a lot of easy targets left. Most of the students and teachers had fled at that point or barricaded themselves pretty well inside the classrooms. They were total pussies that weren't expecting heavy resistance. I think David Mauser's defense really threw them for a loop. Once they realized the gravity of their situation, it was too late for them to rack up any more casualties. What amazes me is how so many things failed leading up to and including the day of the attack. Not only did the bombs fail to detonate in the cafeteria, but their diversion explosion failed as well. The police response was horrendous, but so was the juvenile delinquency program that handled the attackers over a year prior. The parents completely didn't notice the bomb factory in their houses. Even the gas station attendant in the picture I attached didn't seem to think anything was strange about the guy she was selling the propane tank to, even though he had his attacker getup on.
>>
>>16532377
Yes? He had casual female friends he hung out with, but no steady/serious girlfriend or sexual experience.
Harris asked like 5 girls out to senior prom, but got rejected each time. So he hung out with a female friend named Susan back at his house.
>>
>>16530761
Cullen is a gay man with strange fixations on Harris and Klebold. He had an agenda to portray Harris as a "swaggering chad who got all the girls" (lmao), and Klebold as just a sad victim roped into it (partially absolving him of guilt).
His book is no better than a fangirl writing fanfic about murderers to me.
>>
>>16526938
>So many unanswered questions left open to speculation, the rabbit hole is never ending.
thoughts on the third shooter theory?
>>
>>16526356
Whatever happened to the two other shooters
>>
>>16533850
schizo conpsiracyslop
>>
>>16533850
I get it, and I understand why people think it. But I personally think Eric and Dylan were the only shooters. Witness testimony isn't always reliable after chaos.
My own theory on why people think they saw more than 2 is because Eric and Dylan both started shooting with their trench coats on and took them off after. So people saw 2 with trench coats on, then 2 without and thought that there was more.
>>
>>16533959
>>16534013
Further proof they don't want us questioning it. Remember at Parkland a teacher saw a man in full tactical gear shooting down a hallway.
>>
>>16534013
makes sense
>>
>>16532399
>bully

You will get your bullet soon
>>
>>16533374
Sue Klebold is a horrific narcissistic bitch who was an awful mother. At least Harris' parents were ashamed and went into hiding, this bitch is literally profiting off of her sons crime. She also paints him and herself as a victim where there is clear evidence that her child was a monster and she opted to ignore some HUGE red flags like Dyan having the police called on them a year before columbine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfUJvB3YZq0&t=353s&ab_channel=Timmy2Cents
>>
>>16534020
>they made fun of Bozo the clown too
>>
>>16534020
Sandy hook was real

Cope
>>
>>16526543
Same reason anyone else is.
Objective intelligence, purity and social worth are defined not by genetics & cultural origin but by the actions one takes in their life with the material conditions of their existence.
>>
File: 1572962208357.gif (192 KB, 300x300)
192 KB
192 KB GIF
>>16534020
Manufacturing school shootings is one of the dumbest psyops imaginable, not to mention more abhorrent than can be expected of even the most sociopathic feds.
You sir are living in an abstract state of fantastical fear perpetuated by grifters and foreign influences (Russia)
>>
>>16526569
>Time [illegible] XXX
It says "Time 2 die"
>>
>>16528415
I think part of it is aesthetics. Eric & Dylan built an entire identity around industrial and electronic music, 90s FPS games, and acting and dressing like characters out of a Tarantino film. People notice aesthetics like that.
>>
File: 1495372332095.jpg (96 KB, 903x713)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>16534583
Very true. As abhorrent as their act was those boys was drippin.
The mental decline of the West makes such cultural expression magnetic.
>>
>>16534133
Timmy2Cents lied a lot in that video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUCle_8Kc4U
>>
>>16534133
Sue doesn't profit from it. Reading her book her only real crimes is the fact she paid so much attention to her other son she was missing warning signs from Dylan and the fact she desperately clings to Cullen because Cullen puts more blame on Eric.
>>
>>16534887
Sorry I still think sue klebold is a fucking bitch and she could have prevented this
>>
>>16533858
idk. The "chisel-faced shooter" eyewitness drawing to me just looks like a silly cartoon of Eric Harris.
>>
>>16534887
These two guys held a debate over Columbine and Sue Klebold and it was complete nonsense
>>
>>16533858
There weren't any other shooters. That said I suspect some of Eric & Dylan's friends know more than they'll ever admit to.
>>
>>16534583
Elliot Rodger the supreme gentleman was more fascinating. He had his own autobiography, had all these videos of him driving with sunglasses to 80s music in California, posted a lot of monologues with himself like Patrick Bateman.
>>
>>16535123
Elliot had a bit of aesthetic but it also helped he was ahead of the curve on his motivation before the incel stuff really took off.
>>
>>16526543
We were all stupid once.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.